Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials (19384 Views)

Number Of Candidates Per State For Police Recruitment 2018 / Masters Degree Holder Spotted Seeking Job By Showing His Credentials On Placard / N-Power: Verification Of Credentials Has Commenced In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Emmysteve(m): 6:58am On Jun 18, 2016
I traveled all the way from Abuja to Gombe for the ongoing police recruitment screening but came back empty handed as my bag that contains my original credentials such as my NYSC discharge certificate, Degree result, and all my vital credentials got stolen at the screening ground. Also contained in the bag is my Gionee original charger, battery, cloth etc. In fact I had to come back on my plains.

Initially, I kept my bag in a hidden place under a table but one police woman corporal came there and threw all the bags way from the table that the table belongs to mai shayi (I wonder what concerns her ). By then we already queued up ready to enter the screening ground. We had to keep our bags beside the building.

After I finished the screening, I came outside to pick my bag and begin my trip but couldn't find the bag. I complained to them but no any solution. In fact one of them said they nothing concerns them with our bags what we are on our own.

There was no any other option for me than to leave devastated. I later told my sister who is still there to do a police report but the police told her that they can't do it without my presence (obviously they wanted her to pay bribe before they could do it.). When she informed me I told her to leave them.

That is how I lost my original credentials.

I think I might just get myself registered for another JAMB and start from afresh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 18, 2016
This is really sad. All I can say is sorry cry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by akinola908: 7:04am On Jun 18, 2016
I am very sure that you will find your credentials by the grace of God. If you have your phone number on any of the lost documents, you can be contacted.

4 Likes

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Emmysteve(m): 7:05am On Jun 18, 2016
Before any body blame me for carrying along my original credentials, I usually travel to anywhere with my credentials (those in the labour market would understand my reason).
Secondly, I planned branching in Kd after the exercise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by nonjebose(m): 7:08am On Jun 18, 2016
Na wa o. Sorry OP. Let us hope something comes up
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by seyema(m): 7:09am On Jun 18, 2016
And of what Importance will it be for those that stole it?

2 Likes

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by cassidy1996(m): 7:09am On Jun 18, 2016
please get the police report quickly, dats all u need now

1 Like

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Zico5(m): 7:11am On Jun 18, 2016
That is carelessness on ur part. U can joke with anything not ur original credentials. Whatever the case may be, I hold unto my documents. I pray u find it, if not u re on ur own.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by amiibaby(f): 7:11am On Jun 18, 2016
Police is ur friend
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Flexherbal(m): 7:12am On Jun 18, 2016
Is the police no longer our friend?
I feel your pains. I pray you see them.
In Nigeria, they do open screening and close employment.

1 Like

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by chimah3(m): 7:13am On Jun 18, 2016
Pele!

You sef wey leave original Credentials like that you no try o!!

Just pray you still find it!

If not na to go sit for common entrance...start afresh!!!
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by ShutdownBrown24(m): 7:13am On Jun 18, 2016
Sorry
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Pyno30: 7:14am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:
Before any body blame me for carrying along my original credentials, I usually travel to anywhere with my credentials (those in the labour market would understand my reason).

You see?? nobody was even ready to Blame you, we are all Nigerians and know our brothers in black uniform,

So nothing is impossible for them to do,

they are still your friends though

3 Likes

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Stancity(m): 7:14am On Jun 18, 2016
Dont worry we pray you find your bag with everythhing intact...

As for the woman that threw the bags away, she knows if eventually you get the job that u will be ahead of her,,, Lol... Women and bitter heart be like.........

22 Likes

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by texazzpete(m): 7:15am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:

Nobody is going to blame you for traveling with your original credentials.

People are going to (quite rightly) blame you for leaving them carelessly in a bag and wandering off. Seriously, WTF were you thinking?

I think this new generation has grown up soft. In my days, we knew how terrible the process was to get replacement originals from WAEC, University, NYSC etc and nobody would have taken the chance you took.

Accept my sympathies, sha. No use crying over spilt milk

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Destined2win: 7:15am On Jun 18, 2016
Sorry
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by ebonge1: 7:16am On Jun 18, 2016
Their uniform is their hart BLACK.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by spenca: 7:16am On Jun 18, 2016
My friend your cert is of no value to whoever took it ,so probably someone is trying to force out some money from you, it could be anyone ,keep your number on at all point ,you should get a call if you have your CV in there with your number . Go ahead and get a police report aswell .

1 Like

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 18, 2016
Maxineng:
This is really sad. All I can say is sorry cry
When I Went For My Police Screening In Ado Ekiti,some Peeps Who Came To The Centre With Trainers And Sneakers Went Home With Ordinary Sleepers Or Can I Say Pam . Guyz Dey Vex.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by engreo(m): 7:17am On Jun 18, 2016
Sorry o
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by airsaylongcon: 7:18am On Jun 18, 2016
I move around with very high quality color photocopies of my credentials. Look for a Xerox business centre to get yours photocopied. Unless they are checking the security features, these photocopies will very well pass for originals

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by eleko1: 7:20am On Jun 18, 2016
U dey sleep b4 sad? U aren't fit to be enlist in Niagra police sad. Have u report to the authority angry . If dey deploY u to Ekiti now,Nah so u go tanda till dey "capsure" FAYOSE grin

6 Likes

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by justicejay(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2016
undecided what! You mean our friend stole you CVs grin
But if you ask me, I think nobody stole it. Cos of what use will it be to the person. Thou you are really careless. You even put your bag outside, let's even assume that they didn't steal it but it rained. Everything go turn wash.
Anyway I believe you will still find it cos the person who mistook it would find a way to get you. But you opinion is not bad too. Start afresh sMH just feel sorry 4 u
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 18, 2016
Do you really have to start afresh and write JAMB again? I thought there was a process you go through to get your originals replaced? Please find out about replacing them first don't let sadness lead you to making a bad decision.

4 Likes

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Apelex(m): 7:22am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:
I traveled all the way from Abuja to Gombe for the ongoing police recruitment screening but came back empty handed as my bag that contains my original credentials such as my NYSC discharge certificate, Degree result, and all my vital credentials got stolen at the screening ground. Also contained in the bag is my Gionee original charger, battery, cloth etc. In fact I had to come back on my plains.

Initially, I kept my bag in a hidden place under a table but one police woman corporal came there and threw all the bags way from the table that the table belongs to mai shayi (I wonder what concerns her ). By then we already queued up ready to enter the screening ground. We had to keep our bags beside the building.

After I finished the screening, I came outside to pick my bag and begin my trip but couldn't find the bag. I complained to them but no any solution. In fact one of them said they nothing concerns them with our bags what we are on our own.

There was no any other option for me than to leave devastated. I later told my sister who is still there to do a police report but the police told her that they can't do it without my presence (obviously they wanted her to pay bribe before they could do it.). When she informed me I told her to leave them.

That is how I lost my original credentials.

I think I might just get myself registered for another JAMB and start from afresh.

Go to the registrar of your school for another certificate...you be required to bring court affidavit and pay certain fees which are not much.....
Get back your certificate..
Inquire from the NYSC office in your state for your discharge CERT.....

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shell Recruitment Day 2011 / NDA Releases List Of Successful Candidates For 73rd Regular Course / Schlumberger Recruitment Email Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.