Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials (19399 Views)

Number Of Candidates Per State For Police Recruitment 2018 / Masters Degree Holder Spotted Seeking Job By Showing His Credentials On Placard / N-Power: Verification Of Credentials Has Commenced In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by TheSCRYPT: 7:23am On Jun 18, 2016
OP, I can't tell you I understand your pain because I don't. I hope someone educated and kind finds those documents as that's the only way you can get back your docs.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by realGURU(m): 7:23am On Jun 18, 2016
Op make the police report. Atleast u can have an affidavit.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by cassidy1996(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2016
amiibaby:
Police is ur friend
what are you saying?
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by blackboy2star(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2016
Please get the police report, very important...

Emmysteve:
Before any body blame me for carrying along my original credentials, I usually travel to anywhere with my credentials (those in the labour market would understand my reason).
Secondly, I planned branching in Kd after the exercise.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 18, 2016
hmmmm....accept my sympathy bro. and I pray u find it quick.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by engsucess: 7:26am On Jun 18, 2016
Pls try to do the police report, u can still see it maybe the person that mistakingly took it had not noticed so pls be prayerful because its not useful to anybody so pls cool down give it some time
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by victorazy(m): 7:27am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:
Before any body blame me for carrying along my original credentials, I usually travel to anywhere with my credentials (those in the labour market would understand my reason).
Why are u a cert carryer when you can start your own business to be self employed? You can still rule nigeria some day if u wish, afterall our present president haven't seen certificate before talk of to have one.

Stop relying on ur cert today and start doing something. "Believe on ur sabiticate not ur certificate"
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by bootstrap36(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2016
Lol

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by maxzzo1(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:
I traveled all the way from Abuja to Gombe for the ongoing police recruitment screening but came back empty handed as my bag that contains my original credentials such as my NYSC discharge certificate, Degree result, and all my vital credentials got stolen at the screening ground. Also contained in the bag is my Gionee original charger, battery, cloth etc. In fact I had to come back on my plains.

Initially, I kept my bag in a hidden place under a table but one police woman corporal came there and threw all the bags way from the table that the table belongs to mai shayi (I wonder what concerns her ). By then we already queued up ready to enter the screening ground. We had to keep our bags beside the building.

After I finished the screening, I came outside to pick my bag and begin my trip but couldn't find the bag. I complained to them but no any solution. In fact one of them said they nothing concerns them with our bags what we are on our own.

There was no any other option for me than to leave devastated. I later told my sister who is still there to do a police report but the police told her that they can't do it without my presence (obviously they wanted her to pay bribe before they could do it.). When she informed me I told her to leave them.

That is how I lost my original credentials.

I think I might just get myself registered for another JAMB and start from afresh.

Very sad try and arrange new once b4 u become buhari ooo.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by eleko1: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2016
So u neva hear bout FAKE. Doctor Wey dey use stolen Cert to work?
seyema:
And of what Importance will it be for those that stole it?
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by victorazy(m): 7:32am On Jun 18, 2016
Who come dey hide my posts this early morning?
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by mzanave(f): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2016
Op sorry jawe even tho it won't bring back the certificates
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by femi4: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:
It is wrong travelling with your original credentials if not requested
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by iabdulrazaq(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2016
Wait oo why did u leave your original cert. Didn't they screen it too
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Gkemz: 7:45am On Jun 18, 2016
Police work is a very dirty work not for sincere persons. Though your experience was so devastating. Its so unfortunate and i pray u find these documents because without them, the job is at stake, likewise your future. Offer them money if that's what it takes to recover them back.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by kemam(f): 7:46am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:
I traveled all the way from Abuja to Gombe for the ongoing police recruitment screening but came back empty handed as my bag that contains my original credentials such as my NYSC discharge certificate, Degree result, and all my vital credentials got stolen at the screening ground. Also contained in the bag is my Gionee original charger, battery, cloth etc. In fact I had to come back on my plains.

Initially, I kept my bag in a hidden place under a table but one police woman corporal came there and threw all the bags way from the table that the table belongs to mai shayi (I wonder what concerns her ). By then we already queued up ready to enter the screening ground. We had to keep our bags beside the building.

After I finished the screening, I came outside to pick my bag and begin my trip but couldn't find the bag. I complained to them but no any solution. In fact one of them said they nothing concerns them with our bags what we are on our own.

There was no any other option for me than to leave devastated. I later told my sister who is still there to do a police report but the police told her that they can't do it without my presence (obviously they wanted her to pay bribe before they could do it.). When she informed me I told her to leave them.

I think I might just get myself registered for another JAMB and start from afresh.

EmmySteve,I lost my own too, not in police exam though. I found it after fews day.Please I urge you to be positive take the matter to God in prayer. Someone told already you keep your phone on all through this period.Am praying for you too.God will touch the person that is holding it.Come back and share tour testimony.

1 Like

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by kbams241: 7:49am On Jun 18, 2016
Reli. Am I banned
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by LAUWALI222(m): 7:56am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:
Sorry i know GOD will help you to retrieve it just pray
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by jameschibuike(m): 8:07am On Jun 18, 2016
Uncle u don't move around with original certificate. Is there no photocopying machine in ur area? Bros u should have made copies. U see say ur name done turn to SORRY
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Jay542(m): 8:09am On Jun 18, 2016
You need to make a report asap. All those document cant just go like that cos it means years have been wasted. Go back to the state and follow up on any report you'll make even if it means paying bribe.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Ikenna73(m): 8:11am On Jun 18, 2016
For anyone who cares to listen scan all your document compress them to rar file and upload them to your gmail account, yu will thank me latter.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by seangy4konji: 8:25am On Jun 18, 2016
Under no circumstance will I leave my original certificates without my eye looking at it or over it. I know the stress and sweat I went through to get those piece of papers tucked under my travelling bag even though they are really worthless to me now after all the blood and pain to get them and ain't bring much good to me as a whole.just looking at them makes me laugh and say again nothing is impossible.

I pray you find it and if you,that's your last chance bustop if you ever loose it again

Ps. In usually say it but some people won't listen. Anything police in Nigeria is sad,bad news. Horror,gore ,misfortune and badluck.at the sound of po,don't wait to hear the lice. Remove you shoes and run. It is better to run to satan for cover on Nigeria than to run to police. They are your worst Enemy after death. Flee at the appearance of all evil says bible and quoran.fleeeeee
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by bigiyaro(m): 8:28am On Jun 18, 2016
Zico5:
That is carelessness on ur part. U can joke with anything not ur original credentials. Whatever the case may be, I hold unto my documents. I pray u find it, if not u re on ur own.
if u have ever been to any military or paramilitary screening, u wont be saying dis.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by tellwisdom: 8:44am On Jun 18, 2016
Please what's the name on it, incase dem use am sell akara for me?? Chai sad
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Chidizman(m): 8:46am On Jun 18, 2016
Hmmm, For those blaming the Op saying he shouldn't have carried the originals of those vital documents, It was actually requested.

Op is only negligible on one part, He should have held onto the documents strictly while striding along with the screening process.

Saying you want to write another Jamb is bullshit! I believe there are processes that should lead to the retrieval of those vital documents but I must warn. You re going to hold enough money in your pockets because they are really demanding! sad

P.S: If your Cv is tucked away amongst those documents, Then you might actually have a hope of getting them back sooner than later because those certificates are going to be useless to whosoever that will lay their hands on it. Pray hard
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by armadeo(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2016
texazzpete:

Nobody is going to blame you for traveling with your original credentials.

People are going to (quite rightly) blame you for leaving them carelessly in a bag and wandering off. Seriously, WTF were you thinking?

I think this new generation has grown up soft. In my days, we knew how terrible the process was to get replacement originals from WAEC, University, NYSC etc and nobody would have taken the chance you took.

Accept my sympathies, sha. No use crying over spilt milk

If my original credential leave the metal box at home in which there are stored, they become and extension of me. Like a growth attached to myself.

I won't put them down anywhere for any reason. Toilet, eating everything.

Men you really know how hard it is to get a replacement.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Omooba77: 8:53am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:

Go to all the institutions with photo copies and if you have scanned good for your. With affidavit,the copies will be certified with original true copies.Also you can send information to Radio stations in Gombe and leave a forwarding address.
Police people or police to be stealing others property, nawa for Nigeria.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by texazzpete(m): 8:56am On Jun 18, 2016
armadeo:

If my original credential leave the metal box at home in which there are stored, they become and extension of me. Like a growth attached to myself.

I won't put them down anywhere for any reason. Toilet, eating everything.

Men you really know how hard it is to get a replacement.

Lol, my brother you really understand. Baffled how someone can leave original credentials in a fancy bag and wander away, in a crowd filled with desperate people.

The thief will sadly just take the meager things he can make use of and give the credentials to a nearby Suya or Akara seller.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by Redstone(m): 8:58am On Jun 18, 2016
I pray you find it, but in the meantime get an affidavit sworn and go get a police report. Did you scan your documents to your email? If yes then your case is easy, with it you can print them and write a letter to your schools starting from secondary school to university and NYSC, I'm sure you can be issued a letter from those institutions recognizing you as a graduate of their institutions and then you could attach them to you printed copies of certificates and move on.

Key point for everyone, always scan your original documents and send them to your email for record purposes. Good luck to you.
Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by utonwa4u(f): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:

I think I might just get myself registered for another JAMB and start from afresh. All u need to do is get the police extract/report and go to court immediately and swear affidavit for loss of original certificates. These can cover it

Re: I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials by lonelydora: 9:37am On Jun 18, 2016
Emmysteve:

During my days of job search, I always carry the scanned credentials wherever I go. I even got the job I'm doing now with my scanned documents. The panel where all aware of it, they told me to bring the originals later but till today my HR has never asked for it.

Job seekers, move around with your scanned documents and not originals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN TEST ( Sales Representative) / Sim Shagaya Looking For A Researcher On The 3-Wheel Vehicle Market In Nigeria / Schlumberger Recruitment Email Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.