Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! (729 Views)

How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. / Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? / Tobacco Plant DOES NOT Repel Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! by Ripplz(m): 9:37am On Jun 18, 2016
In a bid to solve the prevalent problem of
mosquitoes in some areas in India, LG Electronics
has started selling ‘mosquito-repelling’ televisions
in India, labeling them bug-free TVs. The TVs started
selling around mid-June, according to Reuters, and
have been confirmed to actually repel mosquitoes by
an independent lab in India. Here is how it works:

The TVs use a technology called ‘Mosquito Away
Technology’, which emits ultra-sonic sound waves
above the frequency range of we humans, but within
the frequency range of the mosquitoes. These ultra-
sonic waves kinda sound scary to the mosquitoes,
and scares them off. Since the waves have a
frequency level above ours, the process won’t cause
noise to disturb us when watching TV. This new piece
of technology is exciting as it gives us the opportunity
to watch TV without having to be dodging mosquitoes
or attempting to kill them. If you’ve lived in an area
where mosquitoes are ever-present even after all
visible entry points have been sealed off, you’d know
what I’m talking about.

These bug-repelling televisions are available as flat
screen TVs in 32-inch and 43-inch variants, with
prices of $394 and $706 respectively. That is about Rs 26,398 and Rs 47,302 respectively in India. For now, the devices are only on sale in India, with LG to start selling the device in Sri Lanka and the Philippines in July, and possibly to other areas later on. The company claims that the technology works whether the TVs are on or off. They however advise people to use other forms of mosquito repellents also, and not depend solely on this.

Source: http://www.gadgetsng.com/2016/06/lg-selling-bug-repellent-tvs-india.html

What do you think about this new form of TECHNOLOGY?

1 Like

Re: These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! by waistaa(f): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2016
Where are my Aba and Onitsha brothers biko come and see these. Nice one LG but we will do buy Naira to grow Naira
Re: These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! by Ripplz(m): 9:48am On Jun 18, 2016
waistaa:
Where are my Aba and Onitsha brothers biko come and see these. Nice one LG but we will do buy Naira to grow Naira

I don't really understand the last part of your statement.
Re: These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2016
Ripplz:

Waiata or whatever is on weed.
Re: These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! by Ripplz(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
kaorama:

Waiata or whatever is on weed.
Lol.
Re: These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! by waistaa(f): 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ripplz:

. They just gave the boys a new idea
Re: These LG Tvs Can Repel Mosquitoes...either They're On Or Off! by Ripplz(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
waistaa:
. They just gave the boys a new idea

Hmm...my aba boys! I trust them...they'll brand ordinary flat-screen mosquito repellent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dee Pee Digital Automatic Power Change Over- Proudly Nigerian / Buy Your Infinix Hot 3 / Yahoo Mail Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.