Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! (62686 Views)

Abdulahi Olatoyan Spotted At Maryland, Lagos, Cleaning Windscreens (video). / Abdulahi Olatoyan Abandons Uche Nnaji, His Helper / CNN Features Abdulahi Olatoyan: Is He The World's Most Dapper Squeegee Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by pussyeater(m): 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Abdullahi village people nor gree commot for him back! undecided
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by aalangel(f): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
gabazin080:
if this guy can still be on the streets and still cleaning windscreen after featuring on CNN and his story going viral online,
2 things are involved.
1. it could be village people at work or
2. because he doesnt have a pvssy.
if its village people, he is safe and can get spiritual help.
then if its cus he doesnt have a pvssy, am sorry cus naso our country dey.

and those asking why didnt the OP help him instead of just taking pictures, i think the OP is just a driver sent on an errand by his OGA

You didn't read where OP said he was in traffic and all he could do was to give him his card to call him anytime? You didn't read that??
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Honestly1: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
vizkiz:
forgive my being judgmental but instead of you taking a selfie with him and "showing off" on nairaland, can't you talk to him and try to take him off the streets?

It shouldn't necessarily be the duty of a billionaire or the government to help the less privilege you can do something for someone who needs your help too.
To me taking a selfie is irrelevant and a display of heartlessness (no offense)

Now I understand olamide's WHO YOU EPP track sad

The guy sef shine for a while (even on CNN shocked) and even went back to his clean up job (the people whey dey follow this guy strong)
or is the GOD OF OLAJUMOKE is not on his side

Receive sence in Jesus name. You speak words of foolishness.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Flashh: 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
PrincessAnna:
Learn to clean windscreen
Clean windscreen and take selfie as a reward like the (op) did. grin
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by kinglee007(m): 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
obitee69:
I met the dapper windscreen cleaner today! In traffic cleaning windscreens! I thought he was finally taken off the streets by well meaning Nigerians. Well we took a selfie at Maryland traffic kiss mods pls FTC

chai!!! Dey don dial him number oooooooooooooooooooooo......e don pick.
Why e no be missed call? Chai!!! Nde-madu.
#Itiswell
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by neocortex: 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
udysweet:
But he's apppeared on a few shows,evn graced the covers of one magazine recently? Pls dey shdnt let dis guy go bak to his old ways,because that OUCH guys said smtn abt offering him a job. He may not necesarily be a fashion consultant even thos he's dapper abi how dem call am,lol! He can get be emplyed in anoda dept while been groomed.
Nawa o,afta all d hype dey want this guy to slip back into the shadows of the unknown? SMH

He is an adult and can decide what he wants for himself.
I believe he prefers his current street job to anything else.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by MARKone(m): 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lifehack:
Omg! See what happens when chicken drinks beer grin
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaFJBFq4TWY[/flash]

grin

Na lie no be the same chicken.

1 Like

Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Destined2win: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Btruth:
ise aiye niyen ooo lipsrsealed
translation pleaseeeeeeee??
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Klington: 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
grin
vizkiz:
forgive my being judgmental but instead of you taking a selfie with him and "showing off" on nairaland, can't you talk to him and try to take him off the streets?

It shouldn't necessarily be the duty of a billionaire or the government to help the less privilege you can do something for someone who needs your help too.

The guy sef shine for a while (even on CNN shocked) and even went back to his clean up job (the people whey dey follow this guy strong)

he said may be he was taken off by well meaning nigerians.......meaning he is not a well meaning nigerian grin[quote author=vizkiz post=46685084][color=#000099] forgive my being judgmental but instead of you taking a selfie with him and "showing off" on nairaland, can't you talk to him and try to take him off the streets?

[/color
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by PrincessAnna: 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Flashh:
Clean windscreen and take selfie as a reward like the (op) did. grin
Nigerians are funny people, when you come online people make a big deal out of things/situations we see everyday and don't really care. That a guy is cleaning windscreen is now a big deal on nairaland, people are even saying well meaning Nigerians should help himgrin grin. The guy is not complaining of his job.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by udysweet(f): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
Yeah,you have a point tho. I just felt with all the hypes he got and all,that's smtn posit of it. By the way,why wld sm1 prefer his current job to smtn else if that smtn else wld pay him more than what's he's doing now? How many pple pay windscreen cleaners dis days? And if dey do,its a paltry sum. You need to see how some drivers shoosh dem away wen dey appear wit their bothers and brush,lol!
Goodluck to him(notice I ddnt write "God help him"? I have my reason smiley)
neocortex:

He is an adult and can decide what he wants for himself.
I believe he prefers his current street job to anything else.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by jabojafa(m): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
delishpot:
They may have done him promise and fail or his beans is still cooking and small time, e go done.

Its well, when next someone sees him again, please introduce him to Naira Land. Someone may be able to help him here if he holds the right requirement.
i sure would need that help
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
phabulous88:
Obinna my man! B&F. Unizik, '08.
Long tym buddy! Whr hv u been?
We ran shows together - Marble arc, last discussion, white view, tourist garden...
Guess me... Hehe

Nice one abeg who be this. I'm happy u remember me. Mehn I dey go buy fuel for my gen for conoil. Na him I jam dis dude. If he had a banking degree il have helped tho. I had to just take a pic so pips wud believe my story. He was still looking dapper but sweaty and clueless
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Flashh:
What lesson should we learn from this now?

If you can want to help somebody, stay the f**k away from social media, pictures, television and all and every gaddem entertainment media.

DO NOT LET YOUR LEFT HAND KNOW WHAT YOUR RIGHT HAND IS DOING.

Do it quietly

2 Likes

Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Baylam(m): 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
gabazin080:
if this guy can still be on the streets and still cleaning windscreen after featuring on CNN and his story going viral online,
2 things are involved.

and those asking why didnt the OP help him instead of just taking pictures, i think the OP is just a driver sent on an errand by his OGA
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
aalangel:

You didn't read where OP said he was in traffic and all he could do was to give him his card to call himk anytime? You didn't read that??

Thanks bae. No mind the slow poke. He never get sense

2 Likes

Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by eatwell423: 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
A clear difference between an Igbo and a Yoruba mindset.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by gabazin080(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
aalangel:

You didn't read where OP said he was in traffic and all he could do was to give him his card to call him anytime? You didn't read that??
let him show us p ix of him giving the guy his card or adonbilivit
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by aalangel(f): 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
gabazin080:
let him show us p ix of him giving the guy his card or adonbilivit

Come on!!!!
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by bebe2(f): 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
ephi123:

How exactly did he blow it?
"No body got time to help others" - I guess we also should not expect any empathy from others.

As for OP,
Only in Nigeria are non-office jobs looked down on with disdain. What a society.

let me answer ur first question.

someone took him in, got him an apartment,offered him training, he stayed for only a week and decided he prefered
windshield cleaning. and accused the guy of not doing more for hime because he is yoruba.

even if u give that boy 10m today, give him 1yr and he will be back on the streets.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Cherishing(f): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
gabazin080:
2 things are involved.

guy u wicked , y u hit op like this nah
Lwkmh cheesy
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by babayega(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
OP should have at least asked him; "what happened"? I heard he got an brand ambassador job with a fashion house na!
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by kayalla(f): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
maybe he is doing it for fun or as something he used to do, cos he he fresher than the very first pic him before discovery. if Olajumoke carry bread for head now for street u wount or shouldnt think ... abeg grama don finish
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by joey150(m): 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is he the only one on the street?
I just took a walk and i saw many other youths hustuling too. Why is he special? Because he wore the wrong clothes for a job.

Just imagine?!

This country irks me so bad. Even when he has chosen to go back to his job, you all just wont let him be.

Take the poor off the streets in your vicinity first, if you care so much about them.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by ephi123(f): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:

let me answer ur first question.

someone took him in, got him an apartment,offered him training, he stayed for only a week and decided he prefered
windshield cleaning. and accused the guy of not doing more for hime because he is yoruba.

even if u give that boy 10m today, give him 1yr and he will be back on the streets.

I see your point but I don't believe he would simply have left the apartment just like that, there must be more to it. We only have one side of the story so far and I didn't feel it was fair people judging him based on only one side. In any case, I guess it is his life and his choice - as long as he is doing a honest job.

2 Likes

Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by bebe2(f): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
ephi123:

I see your point but I don't believe he would simply have left the apartment just like that, there must be more to it. We only have one side of the story so far and I didn't feel it was fair people judging him based on only one side. In any case, I guess it is his life and his choice - as long as he is doing a honest job.

yea, not everyone who does menial job is looking for a saviour.

folks shud learn to mind their business.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by Megasaucy(f): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Abeg, leave the guy ba! Man never finished using the stock of the liquid screen washing detergent at home before all the fame. Leave him, least he wastes good detergent.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by calabardick(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
I strongly believe that naija is a comedy film
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by dabossman(m): 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Maybe he is content with what he is doing. Taking him away from it may even end up leaving him depressed and unfulfilled; strange as it may sound. Some folks just want to live a simple life.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by MCeeShort(m): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Abdullahi, God will soon give u a gift.
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by salami01: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
thax non of our business. pls
Re: I Met Abdulahi Olatoyan At Maryland Traffic Cleaning Windscreen Today! by UIA04(f): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
MrCow:

lolz
nd I say lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again

His profile read that he is a Unilorin dropout, the best help You can give him is to open a carwash for him. Forget media paparazzi, We are in Nigeria where certificates matter @leaat as a leverage

He can't even enter Npower

At least small cash to start business isn't a bad idea. He doesn't need a certificate for that na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Rocks Jesus Costume For Halloween, Feeds People On The Street With Bread / The Nasty Shoes A Lady Won From Online Giveaway That Got People Talking (Photos) / Woman Steps Out Wearing Unusual Sunglasses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.