Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? (500 Views)

Third Mainland Suicide: The Woman At The Center Of The Story Speaks Out (Video) / Suicide: The Escape Route Of Emotional Problems? / All I Can Think Of Is Suicide... Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? by Lautechgossip(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2016
Failures, disappointments, heartbreaks, diseases and problems plaguing the world today has made suicide an option only to the depressed mind. These triggers keeps creeping into our lives every now and then, even when you don’t expect them.

I recently came across a post on a public forum where the poster, a young man in his early twenties was seeking for an easy and painless way to die. It will be heartbreaking and a huge lost if he succeed in accomplishing that atrocious act.

Do you know why? Because that young man has the destinies of individuals in his palms. Persons he was meant to help in discovering their path in life. If he’s to terminated his, then he has terminated those destinies connected to him unless God provides a substitute.

We all have had our share of bitterness, hurt and pain. We have in one time in our life lose something so dear and precious. We have made mistakes. Mistakes that is likely to haunt us till grave. But taking our life is never among the option.

Death is merely a transition to another realm of existence. A realm your mortal eyes haven’t beheld nor your nostrils perceived. A realm where your stand is unsure and uncertain. Taking your life is like jumping intentionally from a frying pan to fire. That’s a mistake you must never make.

Whatever might be the trigger of such negative thought should be fought. You are not a coward, so don’t act like one. Face your plight with boldness expecting a light at the end of the tunnel. To reach the top of the mountain, you have to use obstacles. These obstacles aren’t there to stop you but to act as stepping stones.

Last two years, i was battling with suicidal thought after taking jamb for three consecutive times without admission into college. I was tired and downcast. My mates are already undergraduates whereas am still struggling for admission. The expectations from every angle were consuming and even added to my burden.

I wanted to give up. I wanted to yield cause I felt defected. Despite that, the fire within got rekindled when my uncle gave me the book “Life is unfair but God is good” by Robert Schuller. From that moment, I discovered a reason to live. To keep pressing forward despite all odds.

Now, looking back, am really glad I never gave in to quit or suicide.
The future holds a lot of goodies, happiness, awesome surprises and also, new challenges and answers. You can never find out if you quit now. You won’t find that green pasture if you remain in that pit. You might have made mistakes, we all have that we wished we can turn back the hand of clock and undo the errors.

Don’t allow your mistakes bring you down. If I had terminated my life long ago, I won’t have met these fabulous friends in school, I won’t have started this blog with wonderful readers like you. There’s indeed a lot of things that would have remained undiscovered.

Without ups and downs, you will never reach your destination in life. You will even end up meeting the wrong people, going the wrong places and worst, dwelling in unfulfillment.

What if you aren’t feeling suicidal? Then you can help someone with such thoughts, but how? There are warning signs that someone close to you might be thinking of taking his or her life. They include:

• Withdrawal From family and friends
• A change in eating and sleeping pattern
• Giving away prized possessions
• A loss of interest in activities that were once pleasurable
• A marked change in personality
• Drug or alcohol abuse
• Taking about death or being preoccupied with subjects related to it.

If you are able to save a life or that of someone battling with suicide. Believe me, you are a saviour.

Now ask yourself again; is suicide the only option to human problems?

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2016/06/is-suicide-best-option-to-our-problems.html

Lalasticlala Dominique Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? by splendidbaby(f): 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
[suicide is Neva the solution to any problem,we human always like running away from problem instead of facing it. Pls say no to suicide.
author=Lautechgossip post=46686338]Failures, disappointments, heartbreaks, diseases and problems plaguing the world today has made suicide an option only to the depressed mind. These triggers keeps creeping into our lives every now and then, even when you don’t expect them.

I recently came across a post on a public forum where the poster, a young man in his early twenties was seeking for an easy and painless way to die. It will be heartbreaking and a huge lost if he succeed in accomplishing that atrocious act.

Do you know why? Because that young man has the destinies of individuals in his palms. Persons he was meant to help in discovering their path in life. If he’s to terminated his, then he has terminated those destinies connected to him unless God provides a substitute.

We all have had our share of bitterness, hurt and pain. We have in one time in our life lose something so dear and precious. We have made mistakes. Mistakes that is likely to haunt us till grave. But taking our life is never among the option.

Death is merely a transition to another realm of existence. A realm your mortal eyes haven’t beheld nor your nostrils perceived. A realm where your stand is unsure and uncertain. Taking your life is like jumping intentionally from a frying pan to fire. That’s a mistake you must never make.

Whatever might be the trigger of such negative thought should be fought. You are not a coward, so don’t act like one. Face your plight with boldness expecting a light at the end of the tunnel. To reach the top of the mountain, you have to use obstacles. These obstacles aren’t there to stop you but to act as stepping stones.

Last two years, i was battling with suicidal thought after taking jamb for three consecutive times without admission into college. I was tired and downcast. My mates are already undergraduates whereas am still struggling for admission. The expectations from every angle were consuming and even added to my burden.

I wanted to give up. I wanted to yield cause I felt defected. Despite that, the fire within got rekindled when my uncle gave me the book “Life is unfair but God is good” by Robert Schuller. From that moment, I discovered a reason to live. To keep pressing forward despite all odds.

Now, looking back, am really glad I never gave in to quit or suicide.
The future holds a lot of goodies, happiness, awesome surprises and also, new challenges and answers. You can never find out if you quit now. You won’t find that green pasture if you remain in that pit. You might have made mistakes, we all have that we wished we can turn back the hand of clock and undo the errors.

Don’t allow your mistakes bring you down. If I had terminated my life long ago, I won’t have met these fabulous friends in school, I won’t have started this blog with wonderful readers like you. There’s indeed a lot of things that would have remained undiscovered.

Without ups and downs, you will never reach your destination in life. You will even end up meeting the wrong people, going the wrong places and worst, dwelling in unfulfillment.

What if you aren’t feeling suicidal? Then you can help someone with such thoughts, but how? There are warning signs that someone close to you might be thinking of taking his or her life. They include:

• Withdrawal From family and friends
• A change in eating and sleeping pattern
• Giving away prized possessions
• A loss of interest in activities that were once pleasurable
• A marked change in personality
• Drug or alcohol abuse
• Taking about death or being preoccupied with subjects related to it.

If you are able to save a life or that of someone battling with suicide. Believe me, you are a saviour.

Now ask yourself again; is suicide the only option to human problems?

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2016/06/is-suicide-best-option-to-our-problems.html

Lalasticlala Dominique Fynestboi [/quote]
Re: Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? by ForeverYoung197(f): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
No. Suicide/killing yourself is not the answer to the problem. Always remember someone out there, has even the worst problems than we thought we have but they never give up.
Re: Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? by winj: 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
solution to problem is family plannng and population control.
Dont have kids you cant feed, then they wont have to commit suicide
Re: Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? by Lautechgossip(m): 12:22am On Jun 19, 2016
winj:
solution to problem is family plannng and population control.
Dont have kids you cant feed, then they wont have to commit suicide

Hmmmmm.
That's from ur own perspective
Re: Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? by blacktwist(m): 4:47am On Jun 19, 2016
Suicide has and will never be an option... cause if you listen to some folks story then you'll realise that your own is still on an average level, and moreover suicide is not going to help the situation it's just gonna end a soul..#just saying#

1 Like

Re: Is Suicide The Best Option To Our Problems? by Lautechgossip(m): 7:12am On Jun 19, 2016
blacktwist:
Suicide has and will never be an option... cause if you listen to some folks story then you'll realise that your own is still on an average level, and moreover suicide is not going to help the situation it's just gonna end a soul..#just saying#

You are right

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Accountant, Pastor Bags 9 Year Jail Term for £4.1 Million Fraud in UK / Little Buhari May Grow Up Without joystick - Says Doctor / Will Goodluck Jonathan Contest The Presidential Election In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.