Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport (4166 Views)

Nigerian Passport Ranked Among Countries With Least Powerful Passports / British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by desoul: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
I have seen many threads and different issues about Nigerian passport..now let's talk about it here.
1. Nigeria immigration service sends men of the service to carry out intervention project in some countries where Nigeria don't have embassy and in some cases where they have, to help solve problems Nigeria's living abroad have concerning their passport..
2. so even if you are living abroad and have issue with your passport, let's talk about it here.
ask me anything about Nigerian passport and I will answer you.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by desoul: 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
if you 're living abroad and your passport gets stolen/missing/damaged.follow the following steps..
for stolen..go to the nearest police station report the issue.get a police extract. proceed to court for affidavit with your passport number quoted on it. after then walk straight to the nearest Nigeria mission and tell them about the issue. they will ask you to write an application and collect the documents from you.you will be snapped for the new one after online payment..the new passport will be ready after approval from the head.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by desoul: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
for damaged just go to the nearest Nigeria mission and show them the damaged passport..
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by Mavid8(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Greetings to you all.
Am from Nigeria living in Germany a have German girlfriend who is pregnant, and they said I can sign the papas that am the father of the child even before birth,
Which is #Vaterschaft.
My questions is that how can I get my birth certificate in Nigeria and how much it cost?
Am about going to Berlin to get my passport and am sure they also need my birth certificate too but I will also like know what did they really needs in Nigeria embassy at Berlin Germany, the procedure and cost as well.

Please I need your advice.

Tnks.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
desoul:
if you 're living abroad and your passport gets stolen/missing/damaged.follow the following steps..
for stolen..go to the nearest police station report the issue.get a police extract. proceed to court for affidavit with your passport number quoted on it. after then walk straight to the nearest Nigeria mission and tell them about the issue. they will ask you to write an application and collect the documents from you.you will be snapped for the new one after online payment..the new passport will be ready after approval from the head.

What is the need for court affidavit?
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by desoul: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

What is the need for court affidavit?
it's a kind of legal oath swearing that shows you are the owner of the lost passport.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by desoul: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mavid8:
Greetings to you all.
Am from Nigeria living in Germany a have German girlfriend who is pregnant, and they said I can sign the papas that am the father of the child even before birth,
Which is #Vaterschaft.
My questions is that how can I get my birth certificate in Nigeria and how much it cost?
Am about going to Berlin to get my passport and am sure they also need my birth certificate too but I will also like know what did they really needs in Nigeria embassy at Berlin Germany, the procedure and cost as well.

Please I need your advice.

Tnks.
are you getting the passport as a first timer..if yes how did get to Germany in the first place. cos that's the only option why they should ask for your birth certificate to process your passport

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
desoul:

it's a kind of legal oath swearing that shows you are the owner of the lost passport.

That is not needed, police report is all you need to get the passport reissued
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by desoul: 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

That is not needed, police report is all you need to get the passport reissued
it is needed my dear cos the process is done in abuja after which the approval will be sent to the embassy authorizing them to reissue you a new passport..if in any case they did not ask.it is maybe they are sending the list in bulk to abuja for processing which means that they will comply the names with a letter headed paper of that embassy and address it the comptroller General seeking approval for reissue of the following lost passport.or in any case of intervention project..the immigration officials will have to just take your picture and finger prints..they compile the names of the people seeking for re issue of stolen passport.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
desoul:

it is needed my dear cos the process is done in abuja after which the approval will be sent to the embassy authorizing them to reissue you a new passport..if in any case they did not ask.it is maybe they are sending the list in bulk to abuja for processing which means that they will comply the names with a letter headed paper of that embassy and address it the comptroller General seeking approval for reissue of the following lost passport.or in any case of intervention project..the immigration officials will have to just take your picture and finger prints..they compile the names of the people seeking for re issue of stolen passport.

Court affidavit is not needed, police report will do.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by desoul: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

support your claim sir..but if it is needed in Nigeria here..why not in abroad? in Nigeria it is a must.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by DHonorable(m): 5:32am On Jun 19, 2016
A 6months old Nigerian passport, what's the chances of it been granted if you are travelling for the first time, especially to country like Usa. Any lay down rules for first disvirgining a passport before u could get granted visas
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by worry359(m): 7:06am On Jun 19, 2016
DHonorable:
A 6months old Nigerian passport, what's the chances of it been granted if you are travelling for the first time, especially to country like Usa. Any lay down rules for first disvirgining a passport before u could get granted visas

More mis-information
Here is a quote from the USA visa official stating FACT and the TRUTH.

abujaniv:
Hello

This is a myth that we would really like to address. Visas are approved every day for people who have never traveled outside of the country. Some people believe that you must have a passport that has visas and stamps in it. This, however, is simply not the case. If someone is trying to convince you to "de-virgin" your passport, please do not do this, as it can permanently damage your credibility, result in a lifetime ban from entering the U.S. or even get you arrested.

Regards, Abuja NIV
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by nanajec(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2016
Dude I'm half Nigerian half Ghanaian
Naija on my dad side but been living in Ghana all my life.born and bred here and frankly culturally I'm more Ghanaian.Dad is dead though and I don't have a connections with my external naija family

Question
Do I qualify for a Nigerian passport
How do I get one ?
What do I require ?
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by worry359(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2016
On this list a Gharnaian passport ranks 64 well above Nigeria who come 79.
https://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php
You will be better with Ghana passport for world travel.
You only use for Nigeria PP is visa free entry into Nigeria.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by desoul: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
nanajec:
Dude I'm half Nigerian half Ghanaian
Naija on my dad side but been living in Ghana all my life.born and bred here and frankly culturally I'm more Ghanaian.Dad is dead though and I don't have a connections with my external naija family

Question
Do I qualify for a Nigerian passport
How do I get one ?
What do I require ?

can you prove that your dad is from Nigeria,that you have a Nigerian origin..secondly don't you have uncles that can ascertain your identity as Nigeria and help you get a state of origin certificate which is one of the basic requirements to get fresh Nigeria passport.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by dyout: 6:28am On Feb 28, 2017
Morning bro,
How can one get Visa on Arrival?
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by collinsfbi(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
justwise:

As much as I know, court affidavit is needed to get a stolen or lost passport renew in Nigeria. My younger brother lost his passport in SA last year, return to naija to get a renewal with police report and court affidavit. On the other hand, I can't say specifically if it is needed abroad to get a renewal from any Nigerian Embassy. Those who has previous experience should pls share their experiences regarding renewal abroad with or without court affidavit.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
collinsfbi:

As much as I know, court affidavit is needed to get a stolen or lost passport renew in Nigeria. My younger brother lost his passport in SA last year, return to naija to get a renewal with police report and court affidavit. On the other hand, I can't say specifically if it is needed abroad to get a renewal from any Nigerian Embassy. Those who has previous experience should pls share their experiences regarding renewal abroad with or without court affidavit.

Court affidavit to show what exactly? That you own the passport? Police report is all you need to
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2017
adexik:
Hi Justwise,
I need to renew my passport that has expired since Oct 2015, is it renewable? if so, will I be issued with a new one or how exactly does it work?

Yes is it renewable, you will be issued a new passport. The process is like applying for a new passport.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
adexik:

Thanks man, any idea of the cost price?

No but you can get that from Nigeria immigration website
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by collinsfbi(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2017
justwise:

Court affidavit to show what exactly? That you own the passport? Police report is all you need to

Court Affidavits are used frequently and for many different reasons, it's a written statement of facts, sworn to and signed by a deponent before a notary public or some other authority having the power to witness an oath. In other words, when you sign an affidavit, you’re simply attesting, under law, that you swear a statement written in the affidavit is true.

Generally, this is to show that the applicant is committing his or herself under the law, should in case the applicant is found to be lying, the same document will be used against such person. This type of court affidavit is commonly issued for lost or stolen materials not necessarily relating to international passport only.

Without a court affidavit, you can't get a renewal for a stolen or lost passport in Nigeria. This procedure has been on for years and still the same.
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2017
collinsfbi:

Court Affidavits are used frequently and for many different reasons, it's a written statement of facts, sworn to and signed by a deponent before a notary public or some other authority having the power to witness an oath. In other words, when you sign an affidavit, you’re simply attesting, under law, that you swear a statement written in the affidavit is true.

Generally, this is to show that the applicant is committing his or herself under the law, should in case the applicant is found to be lying, the same document will be used against such person. This type of court affidavit is commonly issued for lost or stolen materials not necessarily relating to international passport only.

Without a court affidavit, you can't get a renewal for a stolen or lost passport in Nigeria. This procedure has been on for years and still the same.

You really do not need to define what affidavit is because i know too well what its.

Can you give me any official link to backup your claim that one need an affidavit for a stolen passport before replacement?
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by collinsfbi(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
justwise:

You really do not need to define what affidavit is because i know too well what its.

Can you give me any official link to backup your claim that one need an affidavit for a stolen passport before replacement?

So you know, I thought you don't know because sometimes it's better to explain in details to people like you who argue without proof. I have known you for years if you still remember me that I don't really like arguing. I know you always fight for justice and I also stand for what is right. I hardly comment here these days but when I do, I give only fact and try not to mislead others. You ask for the link, you can see for yourself here and for all those who wish to know more about the requirements.

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=46
Re: Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
collinsfbi:

So you know, I thought you don't know because sometimes it's better to explain in details to people like you who argue without proof. I have known you for years if you still remember me that I don't really like arguing. I know you always fight for justice and I also stand for what is right. I hardly comment here these days but when I do, I give only fact and try not to mislead others. You ask for the link, you can see for yourself here and for all those who wish to know more about the requirements.

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=46

Dude all i asked for was a link and you have provided it but what is the need for this monologue you always go into?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Polar Vortex: This Is What Happens When You Surf In -30°C (Photos) / Two African Men Caught Hiding Inside Mattresses At Spanish Border. Photos / My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.