Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is (2175 Views)

Massive Recruitment Of Graduates In Reputable Companies -apply Now / UBA Bank 2017 Recruitment For Fresh Graduates In Nigeria / 3 Unemployed Graduates In One Family Get Federal Jobs Without Godfather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by luvlyADESUWA(f): 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Good evening everyone. I am a graduate in Edo state; u have noticed that most of all the vacancies we get online are usually located in Lagos, PH, Abj and Ogun state.
Must we all continue to locate to these locations in order to get jobs?

I believe we can come together and make it. We can set up our businesses here; let us stop carrying files around.

Let us all discuss business ideas, I went to an interview one day In Benin here; after 5 hours of interview and test; my brothers and sisters; the salary na 12k; and my transport to and fro the place is 200 everyday.

Pls; if u are a graduate in Edo state, pls suggest one business u know and the minimum amount some1 can start up the business with.......because for me; business has become the best option.

Thank u all greatly
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by Ejaisky: 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm in interested too. Need a good business idea.
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by Tompeters(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Y not do agric like poultry farm
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by EdoBoy90(m): 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
I studied Mechanical Engineering at Ambrose Alli University. I have an in-dept knowledge in the automotive industry. I did my IT in an automated company Kojo Motors limited, Abuja to be precised and worked with them for one year before I left for my service. I suggest having a mini automated workshop for a start. As the business flourishes, we expand exponentially by include sales of parts,oil and others.

1 Like

Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by luvlyADESUWA(f): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
What is the minimum amount to set up the agric biz?

What is the minimum amount to set up mini automoted workshop? How many pple would be working there and how would it be run?
Pls tell me because its a very good idea
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by Abdul4trust1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm An Accounting Graduate With Good Academic Record. I'm Presently Undergoing My Youth Service In Rivers State And The Probable Date Of Discharge Is October 6th, 2016. I Have A Lot Of Skills And The Business Idea I Have Is Bakery But I Don't Have The Resources To Achieve That Drean For Now.
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by sweden7: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Adesuwa, the minimum amount for agric.will depend on the location of the land and what you want to invest in.Do your own research. Find out products that must sell and the areas with good land,if you want to do crops
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
The OP is so on point! Jobs these days are embarrassing but what can one do...

However, i would like to suggest an idea...which would be based on mutual trust. On my own starting a business is a tall task due to the lack of capital and finance but if we can pool our material and non-material resources together we could start a business and work out the conditions for profit sharing. I have a first degree in economics and i am in UNIBEN pursuing a second degree in economics. I am resident in the UNIBEN area, Ekosodin to be precise and from my observation i have ideas on household commodities that would make good sales in this area if only we can find a cost effective way of making these commodities available.

I am willing to be a resource person if any one is interested in pooling their resources...personally, I am tired of the unemployment situation and i am willing to do something meaningful with my skills and ideas.

In a nutshell i am suggesting a cooperative! A cooperative of ideas, finance and capital with the hope of achieving self sustainability and ultimately financial independence!

1 Like

Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by luvlyADESUWA(f): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
This is the best......@efficiecie
I am very willing to be a resource person too.

I can support with my money, time and skills.
I would suggest a computer center; business center that feature photocopying, printing, graphic works, id card production, internet services and even computer training.

Location would be the main issue here

1 Like

Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by Edmen(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm a graduate too from edo studied accounting....The jobs have gotten so far re not encouraging, more so they re not related to my field. .

I love this idea you guys re putting up and am interested...
from what have noticed so far, the only business that thrive here re schools and hotel...
In other to create a name for ourselves and make a mark, we need something new and refreshing, that the people can buy into...
that's what am yet to figure out
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by EdoBoy90(m): 5:59am On Jun 19, 2016
The ideas so far are very nice. our sources of business shouldn't be one. Multiple businesses are the best solution. For the mini automated workshop, like 500k to 700k or more to start it. location we could choose Benin city or Auchi or any other place, just a suggestion. We should have a brand name that could be marketable, like Nigerian graduates and something...and go on air, then we could get fund maybe from people who feel our ideas are nice. By God's grace we are going to get fund. so, let us great a whatsapp group for this because here is public. Thanks
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by EdoBoy90(m): 6:02am On Jun 19, 2016
For the mini automated workshop, as time goes on, we could employ other graduates and non-graduates. it is very lucrative business.
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Everybody's head is buzzing with ideas but we must understand that starting a business involves getting hard, trusted and reliable facts about our resource flows (inflows and outflows of both material and non-material resources) in addition to other necessary rules and codes of conduct that would bind upon all the participants of such a collaboration to ensure that we all seek to maximize the objectives of our collaborative effort and not find means to undermine the group effort for self-driven interests...

My number is: 08069170234. Put your number here and I'll add as many as are interested in the pooling their resources to build a business that would lead us to financial security and independence. Upon joining the group discussions on the way forward will commence as soon as possible.

Oneness, Godliness and Imagination must be our guide and any breach to these three could spell doom to whatever it is we are about to start.

Lastly i must state that on my own I cannot as much as do anything but as a group we can do the unthinkable...even the LORD GOD recognizes that: "...the PEOPLE is ONE, and they have ALL ONE language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have IMAGINED to do"
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
This would make a good read for all of us that are interested in this:

How to start a business in 30 days:

http://articles.bplans.com/start-a-business-in-30-days/
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by luvlyADESUWA(f): 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
M so happy we have graduates that think well well......

Thanks u for your great ideas; but which of these ones do we start? How do we start it? How many of us?
For the person that also talked about Hotel and school; if we are interested in hotel business, we can rent "20 room" hotel for 600k yearly.......we would all go to a lawyer's chamber to write an agreement, collectively pay the money, all of us also actively participate in the running of the hotel, and the profit is shared evenly.....

For the other business suggestions; they are all good, especially the automated workshop.......so; how do we go about making these business idea a reality?
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by EdoBoy90(m): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2016
my number:08160233032. pls create a whatsapp group for this.
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by EdoBoy90(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2016
For the automated workshop, we would specialize in Japanese cars because they are most use in Nigeria like Toyota/Lexus, Nissa/infinity, Acura, Honda ,Mazda,Mitsubishi etc. We need a toolbox,little crank,workshop,etc. We can get by soliciting. we will broadcast it on air. Just give ourselves a name as Nigerian graduates who want to create employment for ourselves. I believe people will love the ideas. I am fully in this.
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by luvlyADESUWA(f): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Pls drop your number; a Whatsapp group has been created, named "EDO GRADUATES BUSINESS FORUM"
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2016
Quite a number of ideas abound for now but we must first amass a quorum of members and hear their thouughts as well and afterwards we must do research on each idea to know its expected revenue inflows, expected cost outflows, legal requirements, etc so we will need graduates of management, accounting, law, engineering etc so we can put our heads together and analyze every business idea till we have a list of ranked viable ideas and a we can hence start with a business plan for the business idea that yields the greatest net inflows...a business that can bring in something in the range of 1m - 5m in at least 1.5 years of operation!
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 9:22am On Jun 20, 2016
since most of us are unemployed we will be the staff, the shareholders and board at the same time...Why go through the hell of doing marketing research and dump your findings into the biz of a person who will pay you unstable 30k! When you can do the same for your own biz and make it huge!
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by landg: 9:26am On Jun 20, 2016
I must conmend your efforts.
From experience, I'll say u guys should not make tangible commitment in cash or kind until you get a document prepared by a Lawyer stating the terms of engagement.
I'm not in Benin and will likely not be actively involved in the day to day running of the biz but will likely invest if there is a Legal framework that protects my interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by EdoBoy90(m): 9:27am On Jun 20, 2016
how many whatsapps groups do we have here. there is one entrepreneur group.
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2016
So bright brains that don't wana rust at home but have got stuff to offer no matter how little should join in...we already got four persons. Two engineers and two economists!
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 9:45am On Jun 20, 2016
@langd you are right and that is why we are taking it slow and steady and as you rightly stated we need the services of a lawyer to be give us advice on the legal requirements of what we are doing...so no one unilaterally loses out in this!
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by luvlyADESUWA(f): 9:50am On Jun 20, 2016
Pls if there's a Whatsapp group already; pls add me to it....09031288794
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2016
@adesuwa added!
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2016
We should spread the word to other unemployed graduates in other disciplines too...with a quorum of unemployed resource person's from different disciplines we can employ ourselvea towards starting something meaningful!
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by EdoBoy90(m): 10:28am On Jun 20, 2016
OK, pls add your whatsapps number. we have already created a group. A lawyer will definitely involve. There should be limitation of the number of unemployed graduates because everything that is too much is very bad. please indicate your discipline if you are new here.
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by onyekus001: 10:40am On Jun 20, 2016
Add me 08104913285
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by bemyguest(f): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2016
Please add me to the group 08033825241
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by efficiencie(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
@bemyguest i'v tried addin yu to no avail...pls check the numbr!
Re: GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business Is by luvlyADESUWA(f): 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
For my good friends that are sending me their numbers to add them in the Whatsapp group; m sorry, m not the admin of the Whatsapp group; just type your number here and the admin will add you.

Thanks for your support.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N Power Nigeria / Sales Girl Wanted In Portharcourt / 76 Nigerian Army Regular Recruit Intake Form Out. Wish All Interested Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.