Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer (27770 Views)

Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu / Edo 2016: Aisha Buhari’s Support For Obaseki Is Laughable — Mrs Akande / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by shollyboy2: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
so that one that has 3 votes...so na just 3 people be him friends out of all the delegate that casted their vote.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Nig4Greatness: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
handie:
Even before the (s)election, we in Edo all know Oshiomole's errand boy was gonna be declared winner. And now, we're at a quandary. Do we vote for this puppet who'll automatically continue Oshiomole's overwhelming underachievement that's masked by hypocrisy and propaganda or do we vote for Osagie Ize Iyamu another thief and political prostitute whose only goal is to dip his hand into Edo's state treasury? Now this is the dilemma we're in and it's a dilemma that has plagued the Nigerian political scene for ages(lack of credible candidates) as elections are monetised and those credible candidates may not have d financial clout to battle these charlatans. And for this reason, I have no regrets voting for Muhammadu Buhari who ain't the best but was d least of d 2 devils. As for this upcoming Edo elections, I'll either vote for APGA or some other party than give my vote to either Godwin Obaseki or Osagie Ize Iyamu
....Mr, you don't have to insult our intelligence with your biased choice. Your hypocrisy knows no bound.so Obaseki is now a poor choice for you not because of his personality and qualifications but because of his closeness to the governor. Tell me anywhere in the world that the incubents dont influence the choice of their successors.if your APGA happens to be in govt, same thing will still happens.
Meanwhile, is it pdp that technically has no candidate you are comparing? .is not too late for you to either sponsor someone to fly APGA flag or you throw yourself in the election. Shmm.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by whizzler: 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
AreaFada2:

Deserving individual people should be given any accolade as appropriate. Everybody should not really have to pay for the sins of their fathers.
Fact is you do not which family I come from.

FYI, the betrayal was not only personal but affected the whole of Benin Empire, way beyond Benin-speaking parts. And going by what Nigeria became, a betrayal a big part of Southern Nigeria.

This Godwin as late as last year tried to rewrite history, saying her ancestor warned that Benin should accept a condescending & utterly reprehensible treaty with the British. Just last year, still trying to justify the unjustifiable. Such a person cannot be trusted not to betray us for pottage again.

Political neutrality (as much as possible) of the palace over his nonsense last year does not mean forgiveness.

In case you are not aware, there was an uproar among Benin people.

Oshiomhole is taking Edo South who largely ensured his governorship for granted.

Even if Obaseki wins using mago mago, his time in office will be tumultuous. I doubt if that's what Edo needs now.

Don't u think u are taking this too far? Our prayer should be that the best person who will attract development to our dear state should be in the saddle. Thanks for the history lessons anyway
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by godunia(m): 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
Can't Edo state produce a fine governor? Haba, governors /inspirants always looking like traditional African effigy
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by PhilemonObende: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
martin123:
History will not repeat itself. Obaseki's great great grand father was a traitor to Oba Ovoramwen. Now, we're trying to Enthrone a New Oba, another Obaseki want to be governor. Edo people will not allow him. It is very obvious now that APC is loosing to PDP in Edo State. the Binis will not forget Invasion 1898 in a hurry.

What role did Obaseki's ancestor play in that 1898 invasion of the Bini empire by the British. Please my ears are itchy.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by PhilemonObende: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
Mylove55:
u are not in edo state, ize-iyamu wil be d worst candidate for pdp, ize-iyamu is like modu-sherif vested with HIV. solomon edebiri is d only one in d contest without infection

Solomon Edebiri is APGA that means Edo is going to be an APGA state?
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by PhilemonObende: 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Beremx:
With the current economic hardship in Nigeria, will Edo people still vote for APC? I dare Obaseki to put Buhari's pictures on his campaign posters. grin

lmao!
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by donphilopus: 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
handie:
Even before the (s)election, we in Edo all know Oshiomole's errand boy was gonna be declared winner. And now, we're at a quandary. Do we vote for this puppet who'll automatically continue Oshiomole's overwhelming underachievement that's masked by hypocrisy and propaganda or do we vote for Osagie Ize Iyamu another thief and political prostitute whose only goal is to dip his hand into Edo's state treasury? Now this is the dilemma we're in and it's a dilemma that has plagued the Nigerian political scene for ages(lack of credible candidates) as elections are monetised and those credible candidates may not have d financial clout to battle these charlatans. And for this reason, I have no regrets voting for Muhammadu Buhari who ain't the best but was d least of d 2 devils. As for this upcoming Edo elections, I'll either vote for APGA or some other party than give my vote to either Godwin Obaseki or Osagie Ize Iyamu

God bless you bro. I might still have a rethink though.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by bakila: 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
bigerboy200:

So a sane person will vote for the SSG and right hand man to igbinedion who crippled the state by stealing till he became richer than d state?? Remember this is not an allegation, Lucky was tried and convicted..I am sane and will never vote for the friend of a thief...
Your comment reaffirms the fact that people still hold those who "spoilt" Nigeria responsible for their past action. Beremx the decay did not start now, not even with GEJ it's stretched back to the days of Igbenidion and the election will be a referendum between Osho and Lucky. I am far from Edo, I will still like to see how it goes.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Ubenedictus(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
martin123:
History will not repeat itself. Obaseki's great great grand father was a traitor to Oba Ovoramwen. Now, we're trying to Enthrone a New Oba, another Obaseki want to be governor. Edo people will not allow him. It is very obvious now that APC is loosing to PDP in Edo State. the Binis will not forget Invasion 1898 in a hurry.
and yet oba eweka decleared that oba erediawa was a reincarnation of cheif obaseki!
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Kandaha: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
sandraokosun:
Oga no need for this epistles, i am talking from a neutral ground as i dont fancy any of the parties. The 2015 electiön you talked of was a national one were edo state naturally shared the same view as a block in the ss states. Gej was always going to win but apc picked almost 50% in a core block of pdp. I wonder if pdp could get up to that percent in the core north west block frm any state. So the edo central u speak of naturally gravitates towards pdp, but we both know the numbers there cant touch oshomole block of edo north more than twice central. I like the fact u are sincere oshomole stronghold is afemai, forget the small noise u here from pdp there 2015. If you go to afemai u would understand it is fully apc, they do understand how adams took them from nothing and made almost every auchi man a position in his government plus the likes of oyegun, alimekhena who through him brought auchi to national politics, not to even mention how adams turned afemai to edo capital at the detriment of other zones, and the university in auchi. For adams to be relaxed he knows it has to be godwin. And afemai 2day knows they have to sheild him with all so that all their benefits atleast remain.

I say this as an edolite who is grounded and have sampled views from districts.

So edo central edo north settled, battles goes to south.

What u fail to realise is that the 2015 election was a stand along a block senario. In edo south this time around its going to be TWO BINIS on their own neck. This is not oshomole contesting but binis, if you think its about question of who backs who i would tell u that the average bini man would prefer an edo north man anyday over an esan man. The perception that anenih still controls pdp is ever a factor, same reason why pdp choosed a bini and auchi man in last election and would still do it in this election with disrespect to the esans who trully own the party come rain come shine.

Binis themselves have voted against their own two times for oshomole, so the hatred u think exist isnt there. As long as they see a bini man this time around.

Ize iyamu has a very terrible stain on him(corruption) the same man is known to have spareheaded lucky regime of loot plus he is a very unstable character who stands for nothing.

Pdp would be quick to cover that in the stupidity that they say he alone can fight apc.
This is the same way pdp hired sheriff despite his stain not knowing that stain swallows them.

Obaseki is a new face how has an advantage because no body knows any wrong of him.
All that can be said is that intimidating cv, plus his economic work with adams. I see apc fully using this HIGHPOINT,and utilizing ize iyamu biggest flops which i dont see how pdp would have anything wrong to capitalize on obaseki. At the end of the day u would see a pdp campaign mode whose intent is to lash at adams while ignoring the main point obaseki. You would see apc branding up obaseki with this cv as they know best while creating ideas and highlighting if edo wants the lucky igbinedion years again. Pdp as their no campaign strategy of offensiveness like in 2015 would miss it again.

The odubu and the likes u talk of, oshomole has a way of tamming people just like obahiagbon,and make them loyal to the core.
I dont know how he does it but even after all the wrestling adams and odubu have had, odubu has not dared contend with adams, u see him eulogizing adams and worshipping him, when one would think odubu would have long called adams bluff since 2nd term. The simple truth is that adams have something strong he is using to make him do his bidding just like obahiagbon and all apc party members. Ogiewonyi after serving as minister would be dead to make a fast one on adams, same with imasuen with sure p loots and arbhiavbere who have cases with efcc. I dont see them playing to pdp as adams have concrete intelligence on them. Osunbor, imasuagbon are just there to add to the numbers and cant win a ward whichever party they are.

The aspirants in pdp should tell u are weak they are compared to the names in apc. Idurokiyemen is just a yerstarday floor boy in edha,edebiri is just a regular face to complete the numbers.

Expect pdp has huge back up they cant even match campaign of apc how much more winning peoples decision. The fg dan orbih boasts of was off since 2015, when he even had it pdp couldnt beat oshomole for 8yrs. Orbih has been mute since 8months. The pdp men are saving their loots, the fact that wadata plaza is in finincial crises shows it all.
Pdp govrns cant do anything apart from attend the rally, no kobo is coming out.

Apc federal advantage of centre is there, tinubu dangote etc as you knows supports obaseki.
The grassroots boys like osakpaman,kabaka who control the streets in bini are in apc. Oshomole and the new oba romance is not a hidden affair, the palace plays a subtle role indirectly on the binis

Its obvious you are Fan of the APC led administration which I find laughable albeit you deny it. From your longer Epistle you didn't mention the fact that the state House member representing Oshiomole's constituency is even a PDP man, lol.

An election is an election and a Politician can't deliver properly from his Unit, Ward, LGA and state is a clown.

In conclusion I didn't read up to 9 lines in your Epistle. However I I didn't know you are now a PDP Governor to know who and who will donate.

If you know what happened at the State House of Assembly Elections you won't have typed "OPAX".

The only thing that precedes Ignorance is Ignorance its self. Am not being paid for having an Opinion neither are you.

Mention me not again, this issue is dead and Buried. Edo state is PDP and the only federal might I see is at the Tribunal level
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Kandaha: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
sandraokosun:
Oga no need for this epistles, i am talking from a neutral ground as i dont fancy any of the parties. The 2015 electiön you talked of was a national one were edo state naturally shared the same view as a block in the ss states. Gej was always going to win but apc picked almost 50% in a core block of pdp. I wonder if pdp could get up to that percent in the core north west block frm any state. So the edo central u speak of naturally gravitates towards pdp, but we both know the numbers there cant touch oshomole block of edo north more than twice central. I like the fact u are sincere oshomole stronghold is afemai, forget the small noise u here from pdp there 2015. If you go to afemai u would understand it is fully apc, they do understand how adams took them from nothing and made almost every auchi man a position in his government plus the likes of oyegun, alimekhena who through him brought auchi to national politics, not to even mention how adams turned afemai to edo capital at the detriment of other zones, and the university in auchi. For adams to be relaxed he knows it has to be godwin. And afemai 2day knows they have to sheild him with all so that all their benefits atleast remain.

I say this as an edolite who is grounded and have sampled views from districts.

So edo central edo north settled, battles goes to south.

What u fail to realise is that the 2015 election was a stand along a block senario. In edo south this time around its going to be TWO BINIS on their own neck. This is not oshomole contesting but binis, if you think its about question of who backs who i would tell u that the average bini man would prefer an edo north man anyday over an esan man. The perception that anenih still controls pdp is ever a factor, same reason why pdp choosed a bini and auchi man in last election and would still do it in this election with disrespect to the esans who trully own the party come rain come shine.

Binis themselves have voted against their own two times for oshomole, so the hatred u think exist isnt there. As long as they see a bini man this time around.

Ize iyamu has a very terrible stain on him(corruption) the same man is known to have spareheaded lucky regime of loot plus he is a very unstable character who stands for nothing.

Pdp would be quick to cover that in the stupidity that they say he alone can fight apc.
This is the same way pdp hired sheriff despite his stain not knowing that stain swallows them.

Obaseki is a new face how has an advantage because no body knows any wrong of him.
All that can be said is that intimidating cv, plus his economic work with adams. I see apc fully using this HIGHPOINT,and utilizing ize iyamu biggest flops which i dont see how pdp would have anything wrong to capitalize on obaseki. At the end of the day u would see a pdp campaign mode whose intent is to lash at adams while ignoring the main point obaseki. You would see apc branding up obaseki with this cv as they know best while creating ideas and highlighting if edo wants the lucky igbinedion years again. Pdp as their no campaign strategy of offensiveness like in 2015 would miss it again.

The odubu and the likes u talk of, oshomole has a way of tamming people just like obahiagbon,and make them loyal to the core.
I dont know how he does it but even after all the wrestling adams and odubu have had, odubu has not dared contend with adams, u see him eulogizing adams and worshipping him, when one would think odubu would have long called adams bluff since 2nd term. The simple truth is that adams have something strong he is using to make him do his bidding just like obahiagbon and all apc party members. Ogiewonyi after serving as minister would be dead to make a fast one on adams, same with imasuen with sure p loots and arbhiavbere who have cases with efcc. I dont see them playing to pdp as adams have concrete intelligence on them. Osunbor, imasuagbon are just there to add to the numbers and cant win a ward whichever party they are.

The aspirants in pdp should tell u are weak they are compared to the names in apc. Idurokiyemen is just a yerstarday floor boy in edha,edebiri is just a regular face to complete the numbers.

Expect pdp has huge back up they cant even match campaign of apc how much more winning peoples decision. The fg dan orbih boasts of was off since 2015, when he even had it pdp couldnt beat oshomole for 8yrs. Orbih has been mute since 8months. The pdp men are saving their loots, the fact that wadata plaza is in finincial crises shows it all.
Pdp govrns cant do anything apart from attend the rally, no kobo is coming out.

Apc federal advantage of centre is there, tinubu dangote etc as you knows supports obaseki.
The grassroots boys like osakpaman,kabaka who control the streets in bini are in apc. Oshomole and the new oba romance is not a hidden affair, the palace plays a subtle role indirectly on the binis

Lol, the only thing u actually read from your extremely long Epistle is the line which says " no need for Long Epistles...

On scrolling down and seeing Chapter 1 of your Book of Epistles its obvious you are just talking yet not being paid for the long Epistle , Lolz.

The only thing Ignorance precedes is Ignorance.

In conclusion I didn't read a word your wrote neither will I read a reply. It will do you well to end this here, a word is enough for the wise.. * drops mike & walks away ".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States / Your Bogus Rice Pyramids Are Pyramids of Lies - PDP Mocks Buhari, APC / Obasanjo: Nigerians Moved From Frying Pan To Fire Under APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.