Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer (27771 Views)

Obaseki Is Been Sworn In As A Caretaker Gov, I'm Taking Over Soon - Ize-Iyamu / Edo 2016: Aisha Buhari’s Support For Obaseki Is Laughable — Mrs Akande / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Adeoba10(m): 11:28am On Jun 19, 2016
handie:
Muhammadu Buhari who ain't the best but was d least of d 2 devils.
1000000000+ likes for dat. One of the prophet hadith.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by iokpebholo: 11:29am On Jun 19, 2016
Beremx:
APC will not win! No sane person will vote for APC in Edo state knowing full well how our dear President has inflicted hardship on Nigerians. People are very angry if you must know.
just watch and see the outcome of the elections. you will be shocked!!
are u d real beremx? Wonders shall never end.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by DeRay98(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2016
oluamid:

In essence, you are saying one old irrelevant historical event should be the criteria to elect the next governor and not what each man brings to the table or what is going to benefit present day Edo?

Nigerians, I tire for una. At this rate, it will take generations for this country to witness true development with the way we play politics.

When some have nothing to say or offer they pull off stupidity...they tried same tribal sentiments against Oshiomhole in the 2nd bid, but even the Oba's palace was not impressed with their tribal politics that lacks intergrity. So let them continue to sell their foolishness to the world in a bid to call a dog a bad name.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by smartmoses(m): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2016
This is what the he goat of Edo governor have already planted as his replacement.That is selection not voting.#Who is fooling who?APC political Jamboree
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by smartmoses(m): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2016
smartmoses:
This is what the he goat of Edo governor have already planted as his replacement.That is selection not voting.#Who is fooling who?APC political Jamboree
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by edorhe14(m): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2016
The Anointed one has won...
I hope another anointed one in the person of Pastor Ize Iyamu wins too.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by ogmask: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2016
handie:
Even before the (s)election, we in Edo all know Oshiomole's errand boy was gonna be declared winner. And now, we're at a quandary. Do we vote for this puppet who'll automatically continue Oshiomole's overwhelming underachievement that's masked by hypocrisy and propaganda or do we vote for Osagie Ize Iyamu another thief and political prostitute whose only goal is to dip his hand into Edo's state treasury? Now this is the dilemma we're in and it's a dilemma that has plagued the Nigerian political scene for ages(lack of credible candidates) as elections are monetised and those credible candidates may not have d financial clout to battle these charlatans. And for this reason, I have no regrets voting for Muhammadu Buhari who ain't the best but was d least of d 2 devils. As for this upcoming Edo elections, I'll either vote for APGA or some other party than give my vote to either Godwin Obaseki or Osagie Ize Iyamu

I stand with you bro. Politics in Nigeria is wack. Imagine the 2 major candidates running for gov of Edo state. For us to get any sane person close to govt house we must first review the process of emergence of political party candidates, Otherwise we will continue to face this kind of "choose between two devils" situation. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by ogmask: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
smartmoses:

But seriously who were u expecting to pick up the ticket. Be sincere pls. For me most of the aspirants are tainted one way or the other, and the desired pple for the job may not have the financial clout to push their way thru.
I ask again, amongst the aspirants, who should have emerged and give your reason for supporting that person. Tnx.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by docadams: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
iokpebholo:
are u d real beremx? Wonders shall never end.

Hmmmmmmm

You ain't getting the reggae?
@topic: Edo politics is quiet predictable. As long as PDP keep fielding somebody remotely or overtly connected to the Igbinedions and Anenih as governorship candidate then it will always be 'UHURU' for the APC, even if the candidate is Jonathan. It is as clear as that.

Riceman in APC? Na wa!
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by kgr8mike(m): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
I don change my name to GODWIN.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by teezarmanni: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Martins301:

Big mouth. Who is going to vote Ize Iyamu the thieving SSG to Lucky Igbinedion back then? You are your rented Cameroonians abi? I laugh you.

EDO FOR APC
PROGRESS FOR EVER
is the progress taking effect in your life,family,city,state or in Nigeria...if u enjoying that I bet its the grace of God not the so called APC progress propaganda that u dumbly scream

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Mistermamus(m): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
Pyroxene:
I thought I read some time ago that Godwin obaseki has pulled out of the race because he said it is obvious e won't win cos the results had been finalised b4 d election? Chaiii. BUT I AM STILL AN APC fan all d same. PDP didn't rule Edo state well so no need to consider them. In fact any candidate that is sincere and has the good interest of Edo state won't come out from PDP, he should try a different party
na so rumour dey spread. Nt this godwin obaseki but don pedro obaseki godwin's nephew pulled out
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Pyroxene: 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
Mistermamus:
na so rumour dey spread. Nt this godwin obaseki but don pedro obaseki godwin's nephew pulled out
tnx boss for the clarification,,,,
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Pyroxene: 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
I can't even imagine how people compare achievements of APC and PDP in Edo state.. I was born, bred (bread) and buttered in Edo state.. PDP rule was a terrible time in d state to te extent comedians where using it as punch lines in night of a thousand laffs. Good looking roads and beautification of the state only started with APC, Even PDP politicians know that the difference is clear in d state, Adams myt not be 100% saint but e has changed the look of d state. If u don't know that then u myt be very very young or just plain biased. I'm not campaigning for any one but truth be told......... PDP should list some good things they did in My state. Edo people be wise
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by BENZINA(m): 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sultanchidi:
which political standard ar u talking abt, do u mean political prostitute and destroyer of edo state along side lucky Igbinedion
lucky Igbinedion era has passed but the party(PDP) remains, definitely somebody shall always come on board. Ize Iyamu is a rugged politician that can withstand his opponent anytime of the day. You may not like him at the moment he is the man on the lip of most Edo people go do your assessment. Its a landslide for Ize Iyamu if PDP national body put its house in order.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by whizzler: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
AreaFada2:

Also 2016 is not 1914 that various parts of Nigeria were yoked together. But our problems like sharing a country with jihadist terrorists materialised but merely postponed in 1914.

The possibility began with Benin invasion in 1897, as Benin empire was the main barrier remaining against it.

Oba Ozolua of Benin had fought off Jihadists 400 years earlier in Edo North. In battles of many years. Reason some people in Edo North bear the name Ozolua today.

Maybe a bit of knowledge of history will help you understand that what we have today have their roots in the past.
The royal family have moved on as the Obasekis have been given Chieftaincy titles by the same family u say they betrayed, a case of knowing history more than them or crying more than the bereaved?
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by localblood(m): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
I love this smiley smiley GODWIN EDO STATE
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by keynesstreet2: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
utenwuson:
pdp will take over all the South south states that's 4 sure! oshiomole tenure go soon expire so will his agreement wt lara expire!

Don't think you know what you saying...
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Duru009(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ize iyamu is fanatically corrupt.....
Himself and igbinedion ruined Edo state for eight bad years.....

He can never rule Edo state.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Goldencollins: 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
sandraokosun:
you would never learn, u sit in the creeks and start reasoning rubbish. The 2015 election hasnt thought u anything. From what is reality now obaseki would win edo north with oshomole prescence in his district, this primary should tell u oshomole capacity to win his own. Edo central the smallest with 5lga would go with pdp. Edo south would be a split btw same district indigenes. Ur ize iyamu is still know as the brain behind lucky igbinedion term as its ssg. Apc has the support of the palace and would win edo south. Apc has more structures than pdp. The calibre of aspirants tells u all against a pdp that its looters are trying to save loot and avoid notice me. This is the true picture of edo election

You seat in your **** hut and type I can see you already have the election results,oya swear in your governor. ****
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by keynesstreet2: 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Unfortunately for Obaseki, he will lose to Pastor Ize Iyamu of PDP

I'll better vote a native doctor than voting this so called Pastor..... Pastor my foot
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Kandaha: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
sandraokosun:
you would never learn, u sit in the creeks and start reasoning rubbish. The 2015 election hasnt thought u anything. From what is reality now obaseki would win edo north with oshomole prescence in his district, this primary should tell u oshomole capacity to win his own. Edo central the smallest with 5lga would go with pdp. Edo south would be a split btw same district indigenes. Ur ize iyamu is still know as the brain behind lucky igbinedion term as its ssg. Apc has the support of the palace and would win edo south. Apc has more structures than pdp. The calibre of aspirants tells u all against a pdp that its looters are trying to save loot and avoid notice me. This is the true picture of edo election

Lol, the 2015 election in Edo state thought several things about Edo state Politics. APC lost to PDP in the Presidential elections... https://www.360nobs.com/2015/03/nigeria-2015-presidential-election-results-edo-state-pdp-wins-nigeriadecides/

Edo South Senatorial... Went to PDP.

Edo Central Senatorial... Went to PDP.

Edo North Senatorial... Went to APC.

Out of the 8 Seats if memory will serve me well, Edo state PDP clinched 5 Out of 8 Seats ... Omosede Igbinedion, EJ Agbonayinma, Ogbeide Ihama, Joe, Edionwele and Sergius Oguns.

The above means Edo PDP clinched Edo South and Edo Central and PDP lost in Oshimole's strong hold.

Assuming without conceding that PDP Rigged to win then that's somewhat laughable because I assume Oshiomole is in charge and he is loved by all and Sundry in the state I assume.

I guess you know the Story of Captain Hosa Okunbor and the Edo State House of Assembly Elections....www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jonathans-defeat-okunbors-rejig-jolt-edo-pdp/

The 2015 Elections showed me Oshiomole isn't really loved in the state as some think he is and to make matters worse he more or less Imposed Godwin Obaseki. He tried imposing Patrick Ogbaigbon on Edo South but Samson Osagie who he told not to run Trashed Igodomigodo at the APC Senatorial South Primaries and same thing even happened in Edo North were the SSG of the State lost there.

Anyone who says PDP has a chance isn't so wrong.

The average Edo man/Nigerian doesn't want to know about Removal of Subsidy and . He wants to buy affordable fuel, Have Electricity, Be gainfully employed and not under employed or unemployed. He wants to be able to see what you promised him during elections. Because APC Seemed to have all the Solutions to the Problems but at the moment have no answers.

People watch what happens in Abuja and people are not happy. The Popularity of APC has decreased.

In conclusion, no one will be wrong to say PDP may win the September 10 Election. Even if PDP doesn't win APC go hear am cos its more like 50/50.
I won't be surprised if some aggrieved aspirants of yesterday's APC primaries would work against APC for PDP behind the Scenes.

Some people vote party while some vote individual.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by keynesstreet2: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
martin123:
History will not repeat itself. Obaseki's great great grand father was a traitor to Oba Ovoramwen. Now, we're trying to Enthrone a New Oba, another Obaseki want to be governor. Edo people will not allow him. It is very obvious now that APC is loosing to PDP in Edo State. the Binis will not forget Invasion 1898 in a hurry.

And you expect us to forget Pdp 1999 - 2007 regime in a hurry and you expect us to forget Ize iyamu regime as the ssg to lucky Igbinedion regime in a hurry...... continue your stories
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by mumuto: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Beremx:
APC will not win! No sane person will vote for APC in Edo state knowing full well how our dear President has inflicted hardship on Nigerians. People are very angry if you must know.
just watch and see the outcome of the elections. you will be shocked!!
brotherly, PDP has never ruled Lagos even when they had powers at federal level. Works speaks not party.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by kuuljay(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
handie:
Even before the (s)election, we in Edo all know Oshiomole's errand boy was gonna be declared winner. And now, we're at a quandary. Do we vote for this puppet who'll automatically continue Oshiomole's overwhelming underachievement that's masked by hypocrisy and propaganda or do we vote for Osagie Ize Iyamu another thief and political prostitute whose only goal is to dip his hand into Edo's state treasury? Now this is the dilemma we're in and it's a dilemma that has plagued the Nigerian political scene for ages(lack of credible candidates) as elections are monetised and those credible candidates may not have d financial clout to battle these charlatans. And for this reason, I have no regrets voting for Muhammadu Buhari who ain't the best but was d least of d 2 devils. As for this upcoming Edo elections, I'll either vote for APGA or some other party than give my vote to either Godwin Obaseki or Osagie Ize Iyamu
you have killed it,you are a bright and objective fellow

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by ritababe(f): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
hiroz:
which is the lesser of two evils,on one side you have obaseki who is oshiomole's houseboy and will cover all his master's wrongs on the other side potentially, (fake)pastor ize-iyamu who was igbinedion's houseboy when he was in power and is a know thief...oh my Edo state...

I will rather vote for obaseki because Adams did better than igbinedion.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by evansjeff(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
LMAyedun:
Edo state always coming up with wor-wor Governors.

God have mercy!
better performing than your handsome thieves.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by cyrilamx(m): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
It is a shame to those referring to 1897 as Obaseki's greatest undoing. What has the action of Obaseki's great-grand father got to do with his push to Edo govt house? How many of us will love to be visited with the ills of our Fathers let alone our fore fathers for something done century ago? Godwin obaseki and 1897 obaseki are two different persons. One's action shouldn't bear on the other or are we to say the ill-treatment our forebears meted on slaves, we suffer the consequences? Despite what Germany under Hitler did to the Jews and other nationalities, the present German govt is still in diplomatic relation with the state of Israel and Poland. Despite the feud between the Esama of Benin Kingdom and the Benin monarch, Lucky Igbinedion still went ahead to govern Edo for 8years. Majority of Edos gave him that chance because his father and not him was at logger head with the Omo n' Oba. So my dear binis forget this century feud which is not Godwin's fault. He wasn't born then, he didn't ask his great grand father to seek the bini throne.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by sandraokosun: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kandaha:

Lol, the 2015 election in Edo state thought several things about Edo state Politics. APC lost to PDP in the Presidential elections... https://www.360nobs.com/2015/03/nigeria-2015-presidential-election-results-edo-state-pdp-wins-nigeriadecides/

Edo South Senatorial... Went to PDP.

Edo Central Senatorial... Went to PDP.

Edo North Senatorial... Went to APC.

Out of the 8 Seats if memory will serve me well, Edo state PDP clinched 5 Out of 8 Seats ... Omosede Igbinedion, EJ Agbonayinma, Ogbeide Ihama, Joe, Edionwele and Sergius Oguns.

The above means Edo PDP clinched Edo South and Edo Central and PDP lost in Oshimole's strong hold.

Assuming without conceding that PDP Rigged to win then that's somewhat laughable because I assume Oshiomole is in charge and he is loved by all and Sundry in the state I assume.

I guess you know the Story of Captain Hosa Okunbor and the Edo State House of Assembly Elections....www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jonathans-defeat-okunbors-rejig-jolt-edo-pdp/

The 2015 Elections showed me Oshiomole isn't really loved in the state as some think he is and to make matters worse he more or less Imposed Godwin Obaseki. He tried imposing Patrick Ogbaigbon on Edo South but Samson Osagie who he told not to run Trashed Igodomigodo at the APC Senatorial South Primaries and same thing even happened in Edo North were the SSG of the State lost there.

Anyone who says PDP has a chance isn't so wrong.

The average Edo man/Nigerian doesn't want to know about Removal of Subsidy and . He wants to buy affordable fuel, Have Electricity, Be gainfully employed and not under employed or unemployed. He wants to be able to see what you promised him during elections. Because APC Seemed to have all the Solutions to the Problems but at the moment have no answers.

People watch what happens in Abuja and people are not happy. The Popularity of APC has decreased.

In conclusion, no one will be wrong to say PDP may win the September 10 Election. Even if PDP doesn't win APC go hear am cos its more like 50/50.
I won't be surprised if some aggrieved aspirants of yesterday's APC primaries would work against APC for PDP behind the Scenes.

Some people vote party while some vote individual.
Oga no need for this epistles, i am talking from a neutral ground as i dont fancy any of the parties. The 2015 electiön you talked of was a national one were edo state naturally shared the same view as a block in the ss states. Gej was always going to win but apc picked almost 50% in a core block of pdp. I wonder if pdp could get up to that percent in the core north west block frm any state. So the edo central u speak of naturally gravitates towards pdp, but we both know the numbers there cant touch oshomole block of edo north more than twice central. I like the fact u are sincere oshomole stronghold is afemai, forget the small noise u here from pdp there 2015. If you go to afemai u would understand it is fully apc, they do understand how adams took them from nothing and made almost every auchi man a position in his government plus the likes of oyegun, alimekhena who through him brought auchi to national politics, not to even mention how adams turned afemai to edo capital at the detriment of other zones, and the university in auchi. For adams to be relaxed he knows it has to be godwin. And afemai 2day knows they have to sheild him with all so that all their benefits atleast remain.

I say this as an edolite who is grounded and have sampled views from districts.

So edo central edo north settled, battles goes to south.

What u fail to realise is that the 2015 election was a stand along a block senario. In edo south this time around its going to be TWO BINIS on their own neck. This is not oshomole contesting but binis, if you think its about question of who backs who i would tell u that the average bini man would prefer an edo north man anyday over an esan man. The perception that anenih still controls pdp is ever a factor, same reason why pdp choosed a bini and auchi man in last election and would still do it in this election with disrespect to the esans who trully own the party come rain come shine.

Binis themselves have voted against their own two times for oshomole, so the hatred u think exist isnt there. As long as they see a bini man this time around.

Ize iyamu has a very terrible stain on him(corruption) the same man is known to have spareheaded lucky regime of loot plus he is a very unstable character who stands for nothing.

Pdp would be quick to cover that in the stupidity that they say he alone can fight apc.
This is the same way pdp hired sheriff despite his stain not knowing that stain swallows them.

Obaseki is a new face how has an advantage because no body knows any wrong of him.
All that can be said is that intimidating cv, plus his economic work with adams. I see apc fully using this HIGHPOINT,and utilizing ize iyamu biggest flops which i dont see how pdp would have anything wrong to capitalize on obaseki. At the end of the day u would see a pdp campaign mode whose intent is to lash at adams while ignoring the main point obaseki. You would see apc branding up obaseki with this cv as they know best while creating ideas and highlighting if edo wants the lucky igbinedion years again. Pdp as their no campaign strategy of offensiveness like in 2015 would miss it again.

The odubu and the likes u talk of, oshomole has a way of tamming people just like obahiagbon,and make them loyal to the core.
I dont know how he does it but even after all the wrestling adams and odubu have had, odubu has not dared contend with adams, u see him eulogizing adams and worshipping him, when one would think odubu would have long called adams bluff since 2nd term. The simple truth is that adams have something strong he is using to make him do his bidding just like obahiagbon and all apc party members. Ogiewonyi after serving as minister would be dead to make a fast one on adams, same with imasuen with sure p loots and arbhiavbere who have cases with efcc. I dont see them playing to pdp as adams have concrete intelligence on them. Osunbor, imasuagbon are just there to add to the numbers and cant win a ward whichever party they are.

The aspirants in pdp should tell u are weak they are compared to the names in apc. Idurokiyemen is just a yerstarday floor boy in edha,edebiri is just a regular face to complete the numbers.

Expect pdp has huge back up they cant even match campaign of apc how much more winning peoples decision. The fg dan orbih boasts of was off since 2015, when he even had it pdp couldnt beat oshomole for 8yrs. Orbih has been mute since 8months. The pdp men are saving their loots, the fact that wadata plaza is in finincial crises shows it all.
Pdp govrns cant do anything apart from attend the rally, no kobo is coming out.

Apc federal advantage of centre is there, tinubu dangote etc as you knows supports obaseki.
The grassroots boys like osakpaman,kabaka who control the streets in bini are in apc. Oshomole and the new oba romance is not a hidden affair, the palace plays a subtle role indirectly on the binis
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by Bimpe29: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
I wish APC and its flagbearer an electoral victory come September 10 in Edo Gubernatorial Election.
APC, Change the umbrella always.
Re: Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer by AreaFada2: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
whizzler:
The royal family have moved on as the Obasekis have been given Chieftaincy titles by the same family u say they betrayed, a case of knowing history more than them or crying more than the bereaved?
Deserving individual people should be given any accolade as appropriate. Everybody should not really have to pay for the sins of their fathers.
Fact is you do not which family I come from.

FYI, the betrayal was not only personal but affected the whole of Benin Empire, way beyond Benin-speaking parts. And going by what Nigeria became, a betrayal a big part of Southern Nigeria.

This Godwin as late as last year tried to rewrite history, saying her ancestor warned that Benin should accept a condescending & utterly reprehensible treaty with the British. Just last year, still trying to justify the unjustifiable. Such a person cannot be trusted not to betray us for pottage again.

Political neutrality (as much as possible) of the palace over his nonsense last year does not mean forgiveness.

In case you are not aware, there was an uproar among Benin people.

Oshiomhole is taking Edo South who largely ensured his governorship for granted.

Even if Obaseki wins using mago mago, his time in office will be tumultuous. I doubt if that's what Edo needs now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eid-al-kabir: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays / What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail / Obasanjo: Nigerians Moved From Frying Pan To Fire Under APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.