Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,334 members, 7,860,821 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

Ekiti To Build International Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti To Build International Airport (3519 Views)

Policemen In Ekiti To Arrest 11 Lawmakers / Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2009
Stop laughing please. If rich people continues to build air fields where they will be landing their private jets and leave us ordinary mortals to languish in bad roads, armed robbers will devise a way to rob the planes. We will soon have Nigerian air Robbers[NAR] as a second branch of Nigerian air force[NAF].
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by ndelta1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Stop laughing please. If rich people continues to build air fields where they will be landing their private jets and leave us ordinary mortals to languish in bad roads, armed robbers will devise a way to rob the planes. We will soon have Nigerian air Robbers[NAR] as a second branch of Nigerian air force[NAF].

as a poor man what benefit will u derive from the Airport ? tell me, the money that is suppose to be channeled to road and rural development is now propose for Airport, i pity una, jut pray for your state
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2009
The benefit I will derive is the noise from jet engines. The noise will help scare wild animals like snakes away from my home. That is a benefit.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Beaf: 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2009
Who do they want to build the airport for? The goats running rampant across its vast rural areas?

There is no section on economics shocked in the Ekiti article on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekiti_State. The state is not even economically viable.
This is what is listed under "industries" at http://www.ekiti.com/AboutEkiti/industries.htm:

Public companies:
O'dua Textile Mills, Ado-Ekiti
Ire Burnt Bricks Works, Ire-Ekiti
Road Materials and Construction Company(ROMACCO),Igbemo-Ekiti
Ekiti Kete Mass Transit Company Ltd; Okeyinmo, Ado-Ekiti

Private Companies:
Adegbemile Food Industries, Oye-Ekiti
Omolayo Standard Press Limited, Ado-Ekiti
Little by Little Photo Industries Limited, Ado-Ekiti
Celtic Company LImited, Ilawe-Ekiti
Petadel Soap Industry, Igbara-Odo-Ekiti
Onward Vegetable Oil Industry, Ikere-Ekiti
Alade Colour Photo Laboratory, Ajilosun Street, Ado Ekiti
Eagle Photos, Fajuyi Square, Ado-Ekiti

Damn!
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by MrCrackles(m): 11:11pm On Sep 01, 2009
Beaf:

Who do they want to build the airport for? The goats running rampant across its vast rural areas?

There is no section on economics shocked in the Ekiti article on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekiti_State. The state is not even economically viable.
This is what is listed under "industries" at http://www.ekiti.com/AboutEkiti/industries.htm:

Public companies:

Private Companies:
Eagle Photos, Fajuyi Square, Ado-Ekiti
Damn!
Gbam! grin
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Pataki: 11:49pm On Sep 01, 2009
Another misplaced priority in the shooting. What a country!
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by skyone(m): 12:22am On Sep 02, 2009
Pataki:

Another misplaced priority in the shooting. What a country!

exactly

Mr Pataki long time how Holland?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by davidif: 12:31am On Sep 02, 2009
What is wrong with this country and this state especially?? O ga o, this is absolute stupidity. It is actually really really scary when you get to the realization that you are actually smarter than the leader of your state or that you have a better  knowledge of running a state than the other leaders in the govt.

P.S
Can someone please tell what the difference between Ekiti and Ondo state is? Can't they merge both states together? The politics in this state is absolutely terrible and to top it off we have an incredibly incompetent leader. Lord help us. This is why i have always pushed for the consolidation of states into the old regions (pre-1980) so as to reduce the pool of incompetent leaders that we have and to reduce the number of govt officials (Nigeria uses 60% of its GNP to pay for every govt. official and civil servant from Akwa Ibom to Zamfara) so that our choices of candidates wouldn't be limited to the likes of Segun Oni or Ayo Fayose?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Sep 02, 2009
davidif:

P.S
Can someone please tell what the difference between Ekiti and Ondo state is? Can't they merge both states together?

Ekiti was drawn out of the old ondo for those who wanted more states.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by davidif: 12:45am On Sep 02, 2009
Ekiti was drawn out of the old ondo for those who wanted more states.

I know, that's why i am asking the question because it seems stupid for it to be a state, its too small.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2009
Beaf:

Public companies:

Private Companies:
[b]Eagle Photos, Fajuyi Square, Ado-Ekit[/b]i

Damn!

Just remove those photo companies from the list. I prefer to group them together with provision stores/supermarkets. Ekiti state is really poor and it goes to show the sense behind us clamoring for our individual states. Just wondering what use an international airport will be to them?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2009
davidif:

I know, that's why i am asking the question because  it seems stupid for it to be a state, its too small.

Small by area or population?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Templa(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2009
Gov Oni needs to fly to ABJ for FEC meetings. he is tired of travelling by road or scheduling time with his counterpart in Akure.

it's fair for everyone to dream big but Ekiti needs car parks now. smiley
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by MrCrackles(m): 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Just remove those photo companies from the list. I prefer to group them together with provision stores/supermarkets.
Exactly what i was thinking. . .
Photoshops and photolabs are not any different from roadside supermarkets and provision stores! grin cheesy grin
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Photoshops and photolabs are not any different from roadside supermarkets and provision stores! grin cheesy grin

Roflmao!!
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by lewa(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2009
Wait! Are all roads in the state motorable? Is Ekiti schools schoolable? Is electric light in Ekiti now steady? How many productive industries are in the state? Is shelter problem especially in the state capital solved? Are Ekiti youths now have places to earned befitting income? Hope Ekitiketes no longer worry about what to eat? I guess Ekiti hospitals and health facilities must be accessible, functional and of international standard? But well treated pipe borne water now run in every house in Ekiti? Above all, property and lives are secured in fountain of knowledge. If answers to all these posers is YES coming from the agrarian, petty traders, unemployed youth, students or civil servants that constitute more than 90% of the state’s population and not the politicians and few bourgeoisies that constitute less than 10% of the state’s population, then the project is justifiable. However, if it is NO from the common man, then let a responsible government a bow and embark on a meaningful projects that will be beneficial for all
Thanks bros!!!
Segun Oni is a trip.Airport? For what exactly? Airports are just not built.Ekiti has one of the lowest Allocation from source.
Virtually no industry or economy whatsoever to sustain its populace.
This Oni guy needs to be confined to a sanitorium,They are going to impoverish millions of Ekitis yet unborn because they would have to source this money one way or the other.
Money that ought to be spent on infrastructure,education,healthcare,job creation is being frittered away.
God.Oni is a failure.History would judge him. God sef would.Him and his advisers
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

I don't know why they didn't include MR Biggs in that list. How viable will a photolab shop be in the next 6 years when people use digital cameras to snap and print at home?. Very soon, Ekiti citizens will discover they don't need a photolab anymore.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by MrCrackles(m): 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I don't know why they didn't include MR Biggs in that list. How viable will a photolab shop be in the next 6 years when people use digital cameras to snap and print at home?. Very soon, Ekiti citizens will discover they don't need a photolab anymore.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by davidif: 1:48am On Sep 09, 2009
Small by area or population?

Both. By the way, Aloy emeka i need your opinion on this issue https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313588.0.html
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Abeem(m): 4:38am On Sep 09, 2009
Ekiti is not a viable State. It is presently owing the State workers their salary for last month yet the governor is planning on building an Airport. How will the project the financed?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by oyewolejos(m): 5:26am On Sep 09, 2009
Ekiti people are strong headed.The Gov want to make name through white elephant projects.Instead of them to stay behind Fayose during his face-off with OBJ, they sent him packing through frivolious petitions.Fayose is the best thing to have happened to Ekiti.We(Ondo) stayed behind Mimiko and he suceed.
Try to be patience with your Gov
Ido Osi hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Ifaki Thugs hnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Brutalizing Dr Momoh
13 AC AND 13 PDP housee
Fountain of knowledge Indeed
what a unique state
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2009
Would be nice to have such airport, however, how do they plan to pay for it?
What sorts of biz is in Ekiti that will make the airport worth such investment?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by qblaze(m): 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
At only 55, poor Segun Oni is already senile.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by IFELEKE(m): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2009
. . .Am an Ekiti and trip to Ado will convince everyone that Oni was speaking under the influence of cheap drugs when he said he wanted to build the airport.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by IFELEKE(m): 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2009
oyewolejos:

Ekiti people are strong headed.The Gov want to make name through white elephant projects.Instead of them to stay behind Fayose during his face-off with OBJ, they sent him packing through frivolious petitions.Fayose is the best thing to have happened to Ekiti.We(Ondo) stayed behind Mimiko and he suceed.
Try to be patience with your Gov
Ido Osi hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Ifaki Thugs hnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Brutalizing Dr Momoh
13 AC AND 13 PDP housee
Fountain of knowledge Indeed
what a unique state

It will do you good if you just stop the public display of your ignorance on the subjct matter.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by larez(m): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2009
Has it ever occurred to you guys that Europe needs as much fresh produce such as Farm raised fish, Shrimps, flowers and many other perishables? Do you know that one of the largest industries of Ethiopia is flying these products to the United States via Air Cargo freight? Ekiti and Kwara states with good fertile land and manpower can be enabled to produce fresh cabbage, lettuce, plantains, carrots, lemon, lime, asparagus, sttring beans and many other farm fresh produce to the Western world. There is a large demand for it, and this will provide much needed foreign exchange for Nigeria.

Let's not be too hasty in rendering judgement without adequate information to be properly positioned to do so.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Beaf: 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2009
^Shouldnt they create the farms and roads to transport the produce first?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by larez(m): 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2009
Beaf:

^Shouldnt they create the farms and roads to transport the produce first?

Lol@Beaf, They are intelligent people and they don't want the produce to spoil first before the Airport is completed.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Beaf: 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2009
;d
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Igbanibo: 5:49am On Sep 10, 2009
Building international airports is the latest craze in Naijo O!
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by DOW(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2009
oluajana:

Wait! Are all roads in the state motorable? Is Ekiti schools schoolable? Is electric light in Ekiti now steady? How many productive industries are in the state? Is shelter problem especially in the state capital solved? Are Ekiti youths now have places to earned befitting income? Hope Ekitiketes no longer worry about what to eat? I guess Ekiti hospitals and health facilities must be accessible, functional and of international standard? But well treated pipe borne water now run in every house in Ekiti? Above all, property and lives are secured in fountain of knowledge. If answers to all these posers is YES coming from the agrarian, petty traders, unemployed youth, students or civil servants that constitute more than 90% of the state’s population and not the politicians and few bourgeoisies that constitute less than 10% of the state’s population, then the project is justifiable. However, if it is NO from the common man, then let a responsible government a bow and embark on a meaningful projects that will be beneficial for all. 

good talk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama's Records Are Terrible / Boko Haram Bombings: Igbos Flee Kano Print / Pastor Okotie's & Bode George's Wife Romance Made Me Quit – Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.