Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Ekiti To Build International Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti To Build International Airport (3499 Views)

Policemen In Ekiti To Arrest 11 Lawmakers / Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 1:13am On Sep 01, 2009
Ekiti to build international airport
Gbenga Ariyibi
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Ado Ekiti - Ekiti state government has pledged to build an international airport in the state. The newly appointed Commissioner for Information, Mr Taiwo Olatunbosun revealed this at his maiden press briefing after the state executive council meeting in Ado-Ekiti.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/29/301.html

He said the motive for this was to open up the state potentials and to promote rapid industrialization of the state .

The commissioner who assured that all the policy initiatives of the Governor at his first comming before the re-run Governorship election would be implemented to the letter, irrespective of economic meltdown

Olatubosun further disclosed that the state government had put finishing touches to the plan to erect a world class stadium in the state.

Names of the new commissioners and special advisers and their portfolios are, Mr Gorge Akawa, former House of Representative member in the old Ondo State was given Commerce and Industry, Mr Dapo Agbede, former House of Assembly member in the old Ondo State, Public Utilities, Abiodun Olujimi,former Deputy Governor to Ayo Fayose, Works, Olufemi Ige, Local Government and Chieftancy, Morohunmubo Bayode Women Affairs,

Others include, Segun Ilori, former Chief of Staff to SegunOni, who in charge of Special Duties, James Adara, Youth and Sports,Dr Femi Thomas, was retained at the Health Ministry , Mr Tunji Adeniyi, also returned to the Finance Ministry, Dr Gboyega Isijola,former Special Adviser on Rurak Development, Agriculture and Mr Kayode Babade, former Secretary of the party in the State was asked to pilot the affairs at the Ministry of Education

He said the governor is still searching for a competent hand to man the Ministry of Environment

Names of the special advisers and their portfolios are, Mrs Jolaade Onipede, former PDP Woman Leader was made, Special Adviser, Chieftancy and Culture, Mr Moses Jolayemi, former Senior Special Assistant to the governor on public Communication became Special Adviser on Tourism, Mr Bosun Osaloni, Special Adviser on public transportation with eleven others given different portfolios

The remaining two commissioner nominees yet to get clearance from the house of assembly had been directed by the house to appear before it next week Tuesday.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by ifyalways(f): 1:23am On Sep 01, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Ekiti to build international airport

Names of the new commissioners and special advisers and their portfolios are, Mr Gorge Akawa, former House of Representative member in the old Ondo State was given Commerce and Industry, Mr Dapo Agbede, former House of Assembly member in the old Ondo State, Public Utilities, Abiodun Olujimi,former Deputy Governor to Ayo Fayose, Works, Olufemi Ige, Local Government and Chieftancy, Morohunmubo Bayode Women Affairs,

Others include, Segun Ilori, former Chief of Staff to SegunOni, who in charge of Special Duties, James Adara, Youth and Sports,Dr Femi Thomas, was retained at the Health Ministry , Mr Tunji Adeniyi, also returned to the Finance Ministry, Dr Gboyega Isijola,former Special Adviser on Rurak Development, Agriculture and Mr Kayode Babade, former Secretary of the party in the State was asked to pilot the affairs at the Ministry of Education

Names of the special advisers and their portfolios are, Mrs Jolaade Onipede, former PDP Woman Leader was made, Special Adviser, Chieftancy and Culture, Mr Moses Jolayemi, former Senior Special Assistant to the governor on public Communication became Special Adviser on Tourism, Mr Bosun Osaloni, Special Adviser on public transportation with eleven others given different portfolios

The remaining two commissioner nominees yet to get clearance from the house of assembly had been directed by the house to appear before it next week Tuesday.
. . . Former this and former that,when wud the old ever die in 9ja and let the young grow
@Topic,good news.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Sep 01, 2009
Is this a 100% state run airport?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Nchara: 1:36am On Sep 01, 2009
This is becoming ridiculous. Ekiti ke?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 1:43am On Sep 01, 2009
Akure to ADo is no more than 1.30 mins and there is an airport in Akure already. Why this airport frenzy among Nigerian states?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by sjeezy8: 2:31am On Sep 01, 2009
lol EKITI

Man deez states are following fashola
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 01, 2009
Good news smiley
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by davidif: 4:03am On Sep 01, 2009
an airport?? what for??
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by otokx(m): 5:45am On Sep 01, 2009
Another way of stealing money.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by mystikal(m): 6:08am On Sep 01, 2009
bull crap
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 01, 2009
Good news for the assassins, at least they can fly from Ado-ekiti to Swiss and back to Abuja without any gad damned police checkpoint. shocked tongue

Gators take note. cheesy
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 01, 2009
nuzo:

Good news for the assassins, at least they can fly from Ado-ekiti to Swiss and back to Abuja without any gad damned police checkpoint. shocked tongue
Gators take note. cheesy
This got me rotflmao. grin

You are mad angry
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by ndelta1(m): 6:40am On Sep 01, 2009
Ekiti people shud tell this Oni guy, to use these money judiciously, eh Air Pot now,,,, i pity the state,

sjeezy8:

lol EKITI

Man deez states are following fashola

Bad news i will say, how much dey enta Ekiti,
hw much ekiti dey generate,

so he want to borrow to build Air pot when food pot no dey,

Oni be wise,

ha less i forget, he is on a borrow mandate , he will soon release it. time ticking
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by faoni572(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2009
n_delta:

Ekiti people shud tell this Oni guy, to use these money judiciously, eh Air Pot now,,,, i pity the state,

Bad news i will say, how much dey enta Ekiti,
hw much ekiti dey generate,

If it is looting and you hear the amount, you will be surprised that Ekiti has such amount.

n_delta:

so he want to borrow to build Air pot when food pot no dey,

Oni be wise,

ha less i forget, he is on a borrow mandate , he will soon release it. time ticking

Out of two devils one will always be better than the other one. If they borrow money to build the airport, it is better than borrow money and loot it to their pockets.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Epiphany(m): 11:47am On Sep 01, 2009
What kind of silly governor is in that state? What is the economic potential of the state to generate enough business/finance to justify the location of an International Airport in the state? I dont mean to be flippant, but does the state even need a local airport? How often is that local airport being used, if it has one?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by oluajana(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2009
Wait! Are all roads in the state motorable? Is Ekiti schools schoolable? Is electric light in Ekiti now steady? How many productive industries are in the state? Is shelter problem especially in the state capital solved? Are Ekiti youths now have places to earned befitting income? Hope Ekitiketes no longer worry about what to eat? I guess Ekiti hospitals and health facilities must be accessible, functional and of international standard? But well treated pipe borne water now run in every house in Ekiti? Above all, property and lives are secured in fountain of knowledge. If answers to all these posers is YES coming from the agrarian, petty traders, unemployed youth, students or civil servants that constitute more than 90% of the state’s population and not the politicians and few bourgeoisies that constitute less than 10% of the state’s population, then the project is justifiable. However, if it is NO from the common man, then let a responsible government a bow and embark on a meaningful projects that will be beneficial for all.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by MrCrackles(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2009
oluajana:

Wait! Are all roads in the state motorable? Is Ekiti schools schoolable? Is electric light in Ekiti now steady? How many productive industries are in the state? Is shelter problem especially in the state capital solved? Are Ekiti youths now have places to earned befitting income? Hope Ekitiketes no longer worry about what to eat? I guess Ekiti hospitals and health facilities must be accessible, functional and of international standard? But well treated pipe borne water now run in every house in Ekiti? Above all, property and lives are secured in fountain of knowledge. If answers to all these posers is YES coming from the agrarian, petty traders, unemployed youth, students or civil servants that constitute more than 90% of the state’s population and not the politicians and few bourgeoisies that constitute less than 10% of the state’s population, then the project is justifiable. However, if it is NO from the common man, then let a responsible government a bow and embark on a meaningful projects that will be beneficial for all.
Thank you. . . .
Talk about mis-placed priority!
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by asha80(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2009
@post

i laugh in boko haram.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 01, 2009
Kai Kai Kai
Nothing wey I no go hear.

What is in Ekiti?
What would an investor or a potential investor go to Ekiti state for?

'open up the state potentials' ko 'open up the state potassium' ni
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by MrCrackles(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2009
asha 80:

You need permission from me whenever you want to laugh in Boko Haram. . . I coined that shit! tongue wink
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by asha80(m): 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

You need permission from me whenever you want to laugh in Boko Haram. . . I coined that shit! tongue wink

no wahala cool tongue
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2009
this is to show that these pdp govnos have no sense at all.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by tpia5: 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2009
at least that will generate jobs. Nothing wrong with the idea.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2009
Yes, every thing is now to GENERATE JOBS as if that was never valid in the case of past WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECTS . It seems we now attach "WILL GENERATE JOBS" to validate anything we are served up these days! grin

PS. For those suffering from emotional-insecurities, that does not mean I am labelling this a white elephant project
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by bawomolo(m): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2009
Airports are the new thing.

Oya Zamfara, it's your turn.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2009
tpia@:

at least that will generate jobs. Nothing wrong with the idea.

How many jobs does an airport generate?. Ekiti state has no use for this airport since 98% of residents and visitors in that area use the road. Why not invest that money in the roads or if they have a budget surplus, they should invest the money in an industry that will not only create jobs but be useful to the masses. Ekitikete mass transit is doing well but recently needs an overhaul. I am sure they have funding problems yet that company is the heartbeat of Ekiti. The new airport will only serve fayose, Adebayo and a few Ekiti citizens who seldom visits or leaves Ekiti. Which airline will hang its plane in such a place?.

Airports from my pov should be a federal project. If Nigeria is well planned, the FG should locate airports in zones where it will serve the environs. I heard a rumor that Abia is looking into building one when the distance from Aba to PH is less than 30mins by road and from imo airport to Umuahia is about an hour. Why waste our money in white elephant projects?. There is agriculture to invest money and it will not only provide jobs but food for us. Are we cursed or what?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2009
bawomolo:

Airports are the new thing.

Oya Zamfara, it's your turn.
Lol, I think there is more to these projects that meets the eye.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Nchara: 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
May be the  era of road transportation in Nigeria is coming to an end. Every grandma and grandpa will be flying to and fro their farms
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Eziachi: 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Watch out! The governors next move will be to purchase a nice 13 seater jet (sorry Air Ambulance)for ailing Ekitites, that only lands outside Nigeria and the only patient being himself and his family and when he finished being a governor, the plane will be transfigured into his personal ambulance.

Who said Nigeria rulers are all stupid? Odili did it and now someone is copying that great achievementof his.
An ingenius way of getting one over the marauding armed robbers/kidnappers on the dead trap roads. Once you're in the air, who the heck are robbers?
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by Nchara: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
Like Odili did. grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by AloyEmeka6: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2009
Eziachi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Watch out! The governors next move will be to purchase a nice 13 seater jet (sorry Air Ambulance)for ailing Ekitites, that only lands outside Nigeria and the only patient being himself and his family and when he finished being a governor, the plane will be transfigured into his personal ambulance.

Who said Nigeria rulers are all stupid? Odili did it and now someone is copying that great achievementof his.
An ingenius way of getting one over the marauding armed robbers/kidnappers on the dead trap roads. Once you're in the air, who the heck are robbers?
Air robbers will soon start operating in Nigeria. We already have amphibious robbers in Africa, why can't we have air robbers?. Watch out.
Re: Ekiti To Build International Airport by MrCrackles(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Air robbers will soon start operating in Nigeria. We already have amphibious robbers in Africa, why can't we have air robbers?. Watch out.
grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bb Rally In Port Harcourt. Any Update? / Compare And Contrast Nigeria Government Salary With The Rest Of The World / Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.