Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Funny But Classic Nature Of Yoruba Mothers! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny But Classic Nature Of Yoruba Mothers! (765 Views)

Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. / The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny But Classic Nature Of Yoruba Mothers! by Hardaysheenar(m): 7:36am On Jun 19, 2016
YORUBA MOTHERS!!!

Yorùbá mothers are the best when it comes to child upbringing.
Yorùbá mothers produce the best range of slaps:
IGBATI,
IFOTI,
IGBAJU,
IGBARUN,
IFORUN,
IFAKUN,
ILADI,
ABARA.
These slaps will make you think you were adopted.
IGBATI will make you correct your wrongs instantly!
The beauty of IFOTI is that you will confess your sins on the spot.
IGBARUN, IGBAJU and IFORUN will make you expose those who committed the crime with you without hesitation.
ABARA and ILADI will make you pee in your new pants.
Now ABARA is the worst.
Apart from all these, we have an advanced one which is called IGBAJU OLOYI.
When you receive that one, you'll lose balance and your head will go into "auto-search" as you'll be looking for what hit you.
This will make you do all the actions of the other slaps aforementioned at once!
OH! IGBAJU OLOYI! It can reset someone to 3D (DEAF, DUMB, and DAFT). She will say let's go home and you will say it's in my pocket ma.
God bless our parents for the good upbringing.
If you were brought up in Yoruba land, regardless of how caring your mother was, you'd have encountered one of these slaps. .....testify if u av eva experienced one of ds!
Re: Funny But Classic Nature Of Yoruba Mothers! by kunlesufyan(m): 7:40am On Jun 19, 2016
I love my tribe #ProudlyYoruba
Re: Funny But Classic Nature Of Yoruba Mothers! by Horlufemi(m): 8:13am On Jun 19, 2016
Don't forget the combo of all of these

Igbati, Igbati, iko, two elbows in the ribs and abara.

ma mummy, I love her

1 Like

Re: Funny But Classic Nature Of Yoruba Mothers! by scholes0(m): 8:14am On Jun 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
True.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures That Prove Dubai Is The Craziest City In The World / Ondo Monarch Chased Out Of Palace, Returns / When Our Fathers Ruled In Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.