Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why (13387 Views)

Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court" / "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective / The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by grace008: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
Which sins? I have no sin because my sins has been paid for through the Blood of Jesus.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by nNEOo(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
sound like an indifference Catholic... dude just say hi dad am so ashamed of myself ryt now (name what. you did ) pls dad am sorry..... and pls be informal. thanks..
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Life4Varnity: 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

David killed for God and he was (is) the man after God's heart.
Remember that we were told to be violent so that we can take the kingdom of God which has been suffering violence by force. Matt.11:12

There are so many bible accounts where God told some tribes to take up arms and kill others and posses their lands.

ok. comprehension copied. would still seek my Oga @ d top them for more knowledge. i need get this straight 100%

thanks for your reply. God bless u but am not still yet satisfied
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by igwegeorgiano(m): 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Confess to a fellow sinner? I don't think so!
confess to a rev. father
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by SAEJO: 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

Remember that we were told to be violent so that we can take the kingdom of God which has been suffering violence by force. Matt.11:12

There are so many bible accounts where God told some tribes to take up arms and kill others and posses their lands.
pls don't get it wrong brother, Yeshua the Messiah in His new commandment, showed us the perfect will of GOD, which is unconditional love and self sacrifice.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
Well, I read a lot of people going against confessing to a fellow man bcuz dey think we are all sinners and the said person they r confessing to is prob worse off. U know the easiest thing to do after committing any sin is to lock urself up and pray to God, right? and d most difficult thing is to open ur dirty linen outside huh?
I bliv Christ that said whatever dat z bound on earth is also bound in heaven, knows exactly what he was saying. Now, Christ knew we are all sinners yet he instructed us to confess our sins to one another. I think saying you can't confess to a fellow man is like questioning Christ instructions which in itself is a sin. Whoever needs deliverance need not look tru who d deliverance is coming from but rather b humble enough and do as Christ instructed so as b truly cleansed.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by histemple: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
SAEJO:
pls don't get it wrong brother, Yeshua the Messiah in His new commandment, showed us the perfect will of GOD, which is unconditional love and self sacrifice.

You just said the truth that most of these Sin-and-Die religious fanatics need to know.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by histemple: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
emiflex:
Well, I read a lot of people going against confessing to a fellow man bcuz dey think we are all sinners and the said person they r confessing to is prob worse off. U know the easiest thing to do after committing any sin is to lock urself up and pray to God, right? and d most difficult thing is to open ur dirty linen outside huh?
I bliv Christ that said whatever dat z bound on earth is also bound in heaven, knows exactly what he was saying. Now, Christ knew we are all sinners yet he instructed us to confess our sins to one another. I think saying you can't confess to a fellow man is like questioning Christ instructions which in itself is a sin. Whoever needs deliverance need not look tru who d deliverance is coming from but rather b humble enough and do as Christ instructed so as b truly cleansed.

Oga, where in your bible did God or Christ asked you to confess your sins to man and not to God? We are waiting for the bible verse.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by marquisezege(m): 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
well it all balls down to your denomination I see people saying confessing to my fellow sinners? hell yeah God knew they are sinners yet he gave that instruction who are we to question God?

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by taiwo05(m): 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

Oga, where in your bible did God or Christ asked you to confess your sins to man and not to God? We are waiting for the bible verse.
James 5:16, also to God

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Dianashantie(f): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks for sharing it really helpful

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Aposteli1(m): 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
Aviero:
I'm tired already.

I want a list of all the sins, so I'll know where to start from.

Is reproducing (photocopying) a text book without the author's consent not a bad thing to do? That makes it a sin, right?

This religious life is just somehow.

No matter how hard we try, as regards sin, failure is certain.
Kemicares:
Yea right...
Aviero:
I'm tired already.

Is reproducing (photocopying) a text book without the author's consent not a bad thing to do? That makes it a sin, right?

That's Why You Need Holy Spirit Bro. Without Holy Spirit Nothing You Can Do To Conquer Sin.Pls Read These Bible Verses (1corinthians 2:6-16 & Galatians 5:16-25).God Will Uphold You.

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Aposteli1(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
grace008:
Which sins? I have no sin because my sins has been paid for through the Blood of Jesus.
.Hmmm!! Pls So far that Christ Died For You,does not mean that you have no role to play e.g Running Away From Sin & Living A Holy Life Through The Help Of Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ Died For You In Order To Live A Holy Life Not For You To Keep On Sinning & Think Christ Had Paid For It. God Bless.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Ethereal0110(f): 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
geraldgiz:
Do we need to confess our sins as believers?
Should we be sin-conscious? Yes and yes.
False-grace teachers would say that it’s not
necessary to confess sins because there is no sin
in us. God’s grace has eradicated it. Folks, let me
be very, very clear: that is a heretical teaching
that absolutely puts people at risk of hell.
— 1 John 1:8-9—”If we say that we have no sin,
we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our s
It’s not only critical, but it’s wonderful to live in a
state of continual repentance! God’s love for us
is so amazing, that running away from sin and to
Him is awe inspiring! As we daily allow God to
search our hearts and reveal issues that are
barriers to his love fully impacting us, the
freedom and resulting life is amazing!
I often hear people say that Christians shouldn’t
be sin-conscious. Not only is that not biblical, it
does us a disservice. Ignoring sin doesn’t disarm
it; it empowers it! Allow God to reveal the
darkness and set us free!
— 2 Corinthians 7:1—Since we have these
promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from
all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting
holiness in the fear of God
We must remain diligent regarding sin. As we
grow in grace and knowledge we will have the
strength to remain stable.
— 2 Peter 3:14—”Therefore, beloved, since you are
waiting for these things, be diligent that you may
be found by Him in peace, spotless and
blameless”
— 2 Peter 3:17-18—”You therefore, beloved, since
you know these things beforehand, beware lest
you also fall from your own firm footing, being
led away by the deception of the wicked. But
grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and
Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory, both now
and forever. Amen”
~ From an article by preacher John Burton
. GOD BLESS U FOR SHARING THIS WONDERFUL PIECE

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by AnodaIT(m): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Life4Varnity:

hold on. why killing for God ?

what kinda killing you talking about ?

but do you know that you cant fight for God ? God fight for himself i think.

your comment making me think another thing like BK.. i no talk say u b boko o but, i beg explain further bro maybe am not getting you right .

expalanation pls
Boko kill because they want you to believe, I don't care about what you believe, everybody different religion do God's will so if you are in the way of His purpose, you either step aside or be crushed by me
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by geraldgiz(m): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ethereal0110:
. GOD BLESS U FOR SHARING THIS WONDERFUL PIECE
and u too
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Ele0: 12:57am On Jun 20, 2016
good day people... I'm a new member here please and I need to speak with one of this site's admin.... I don't know any of them..if any one can introduce me to them
I'll be so grateful...
thanks in advnce
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Distinguishy(m): 6:58am On Jun 20, 2016
Aviero:
I'm tired already.

Brother! Don't be dismayed, u don't need 2 count all sins, Jesus know u could not do it on ur own hence He used his blood! Now 1st be born again, by accepting christ Jesus ans ur Lord after which He would send d Holy Spirit 2 live wit u. He would guide u in all truth. If d Love of God dwells in ur heart u wud fine it hard 2 sin and if u sin don't think too much just ask 4 His 4giveness and fterwards don't even fink of it again, He hs forgiven and 4gotten it. Focus on Luving Him ns sin wud look like irritate u. God bless u. U cn reach me on dis num 4 any 08069430717 JESUS luvs U Godbless

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by JesusIgot(m): 7:02am On Jun 20, 2016
histemple:

u mean Jesus do not die for ur sin? undecided
histemple:

u mean Jesus do not die for ur sin?
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Aviero: 7:02am On Jun 20, 2016
Distinguishy:

Brother! Don't be dismayed, u don't need 2 count all sins, Jesus know u could not do it on ur own hence He used his blood! Now 1st be born again, by accepting christ Jesus ans ur Lord after which He would send d Holy Spirit 2 live wit u. He would guide u in all truth. If d Love of God dwells in ur heart u wud fine it hard 2 sin and if u sin don't think too much just ask 4 His 4giveness and fterwards don't even fink of it again, He hs forgiven and 4gotten it. Focus on Luving Him ns sin wud look like irritate u. God bless u. U cn reach me on dis num 4 any 08069430717 JESUS luvs U Godbless
Thank you, brother.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Aviero: 7:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Aposteli1:
That's Why You Need Holy Spirit Bro. Without Holy Spirit Nothing You Can Do To Conquer Sin.Pls Read These Bible Verses (1corinthians 2:6-16 & Galatians 5:16-25).God Will Uphold You.
Amen. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by talk2dmc(m): 7:04am On Jun 20, 2016
The truth. Is that hen you. Are sincere and felt guilty. That you v errd u would do everything possible to obtain Forgivness be. it confessing to your fellow man , ur. Wall. Or. Even on Nl all you need is to obtain forgiveness.... As for me I do so through my priest and my fellow man. And God have being forgiving me .
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by JesusIgot(m): 7:23am On Jun 20, 2016
talk2dmc:
The truth. Is that hen you. Are sincere and felt guilty. That you v errd u would do everything possible to obtain Forgivness be. it confessing to your fellow man , ur. Wall. Or. Even on Nl all you need is to obtain forgiveness.... As for me I do so through my priest and my fellow man. And God have being forgiving me .
Think as if priest can never sin sad
talk2dmc:
Think as if priest can never sin
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by EllisMorgan(f): 8:13am On Jun 20, 2016
nnemmpi:
heee hee

Gudmorning.
Pls is dis picture for real?
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by EllisMorgan(f): 8:29am On Jun 20, 2016
histemple:

James 5:16

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by modestdude(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2016
John 20 vs 23
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by EllisMorgan(f): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2016
grace008:
Note that Romans 3:23 was written after ur sins were paid thru the blood of Jesus.
U better stop deceiving urself.
Know the truth and it shall set u free.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Coolgent(m): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2016
baybeeboi:
Yes, confession is necessary

my problem is how we are made to believe our sins should go to God through a fellow man, another sinner when God himself has said our very own fate can move mountains.

why do i have to confess to man when my own faith can summon the presence of God?
you are right bro, its odd
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Omojolaray(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
Fam you have a point, now that's where Christ comes in our life. All God wants is that little effort in the ones you know. Rebuke that second thought the devil always brings. The holy spirit will lead you
Aviero:
I'm tired already.

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Omojolaray(m): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
Fam you have a point, now that's where Christ comes in our life. All God wants is that little effort in the ones you know. Rebuke that second thought the devil always brings. The holy spirit will lead you. Always pray for God's grace. It's not that we are worthy but by his grace
Aviero:
I'm tired already.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Omojolaray(m): 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
Luke 9:23 KJV
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. ,John 14:14 KJV
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. Before you receive you ask. And the Bible says it's through our Lord Jesus .so your prayers should be let the blood of Jesus wash my sins away. Please don't be deceived a double minded person is unstable in his ways John 1:8 I'll encourage you to never look @what the society has to offer by their own opinions. Your watchword is the Bible
Life4Varnity:
who do we confess to pls ?

and how do we make this confession ?

i thought we are meant to confess our sin to God while praying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional Wedding Or White Wedding? / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists / Qualification For Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.