Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court (9130 Views)

Poll: Was she acting?

Yes (for sympathy): 71% (83 votes)
No (serious malaria): 28% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Cecilia Ibru Turns Evangelist, Relocates To Her Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by mentor02: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2009
gross embezelmnt amoungs top executives in niga ,and wen hand touch them dem go begin to collaps
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Sam7: 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ Meldrick -

My friend, you don't drink panadol, you take panadol! Yours is another case of someone who reads with his eyes closed. Do you understand what it means to read between the lines? Do you have such good sense of judgement to understand that a person's right to voice his opinion should not be used to mouth down another's right to fair hearing? Do you have insight well adequate to know that reprimanding an abuse of your right to your opinion is not 'venting of anger' but a calculated attempt to reshapen an inappropriate mentality? Do you think you are even better than the woman been derided by the press now? Most likely your character may be incomparable to hers, worse that is.

As dignified people for God's sake, let us stop condemning the woman and let her be. Whatever wrong she has done will be settled in court. Simple! Stop sinning with your mouth and also rendering careless words on threads like this. Let us wait for the end of the matter. I will not defend here and neither will I condemn her. Like every Nigerian as I earlier wrote, she deserves respect and fair hearing.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by PastorAIO: 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2009

So, the CEOs had to be removed by the CBN before they (EFCC) could arrest them? I wasn't aware that CEOs in Nigeria had immunity from prosecution!  

Are the EFCC jokers waiting for the CBN to announce more inept CEOs before taking action?

It is clear that the EFCC is made up of charlatans who are only doing what Fela called "power show", and who are ignorant of due process. When did being an inept bank manager become a criminal offense? When did pronouncements from the CBN governor become akin to pronouncements by the attorney-general? If mismanagement of funds can be interpreted as criminal, what have those pretenders in the EFCC done about those who willfully mismanaged the funds of the entire nation? And those who stole from the treasury and stashed them in European bank accounts?

When will those buffoons in the EFCC muster some balls and go after:
1. Ibori
2. Odili
3. OBJ
4. Anenih
5. All the hooligans involved in illegal bunkering (they're not ghosts)
6. All the goons sabotaging efforts to fix our refineries (most of them are in Abuja, very close to the EFCC)
7. Any Nigerian with bank account figures more than 5 times their annual salary (They must show evidence of how they made such money)
8. Any Nigerian with bank account figures more than 2 times their total income
Na RichyBlack talk the above.

Consider this:

More political office holders to face trial soon – EFCC
Meanwhile, EFCC yesterday assured Nigerians that  the current prosecution of some  bank executives and  arrest of their bad debtors has not beclouded its investigation of petitions against former and current political office holders because  nobody, however highly placed, would be allowed to commit economic crimes and escape prosecution.
Spokesman of the agency, Mr. Femi Babafemi who spoke with Vanguard in a telephone interview insisted that the immunity clause for certain political office holders could only affect the prosecution and not the investigation of any petition genuinely presented to the agency.
Speaking on the reason for sudden suspension of the prosecution of political office holders by the EFCC, Babafemi said, “there is nothing that has happened now that could cause the EFCC to stop prosecuting economic criminals irrespective of the political office they might be holding or might have held in the past.
“What you might have noticed is that we are not prosecuting fresh cases against serving and former political office holders and the reason is because we have cases against this category of people, which we will take before the courts as soon as we complete their investigation,” Babafemi declared.
From here:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/31/efcc-files-charges-against-ibru-ebong-13-others/comment-page-10/

That should answer your question.  

@Jamace.  you are a correct guy for this quote.

Haba, why are you people talking about mosquitoes and dehydration? These are not the causes of her collapse.
Know it here and now that she collapsed under the full  weight of the law. Just imagine the number of charges.    

@RichyBlack
If mismanagement of funds can be interpreted as criminal, what have those pretenders in the EFCC done about those who willfully mismanaged the funds of the entire nation?

EFCC investigate economic crimes like fraud.  If everybody culpable were to be persecuted at once almost the entire nation will be behind bars.  Or they're better of just putting bars all along the border and make nigeria one big prison.  

What the CEO's have been charged with are definately fraudulent and a crime.  Flouting the guidelines set for financial conduct and lending insane amounts of money to clients without collateral is, yes, a financial crime.  What I'm waiting to hear is how much the clients then gave her as a kickback.  Plus I'm also keen to hear what the enterprise or the venture for which the money was lent is.  

Of course there are others.  But because there are other thieves at large doesn't mean that the ones you've caught should be allowed to go scot free.  No!  Everything is turn by turn.  The die has been cast and today it is her number that has come up.  Tomorrow it will be someone else's number.

But the line of inquiry that I would most like us to pursue is this.  I personally believe that there are subtle political forces at play when things like this happen.  Who will benefit from the demise of these people?  Why has the force of the law come down on them all of a sudden.  Why have they been so unable to defend themselves considering that they are movers and shakers in nigerian society?  Why is Enoch Adeboye the highest power that Ibru can appeal to, doesn't she have any other friends in high places?  Who are her enemies and why have they chosen now to strike? (although I feel that the EFCC has spent time collecting all the information on which to base the charges so it is something that has been planned for a while.  Who did they offend last year?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by hackney(m): 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ poster

Butter!!!!
ehh!!!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by lexy91: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2009
What Nigeria banking sector is facing at the moment shows that, we have long way to go as a country.

The questions i will like to ask are : how many people were changed in the CBN management team in the Last 2 months?

What are the function of all so call Deputy Governor's and dozens of Directors?

Why did the Soludo lead team decided to conceal this rotten at the detriment of shareholders?

Cecilia, collaping in the cour room is not the answer, that is just a trick from her lawyer to seek bail for her on medical ground.

they must face the music!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by kaycee4u: 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2009
what could cause that for her because she should have prepared for trial for long,lets just pity her just because she is a woman
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by youngalex(m): 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2009
In as much as i pity her over this whole drama,she should know that being remanded in prison or custody is a period of deep reflection of her life,afterall i once spent 48 hrs in a police cell,took all the mosquito bites yet am stil bubbling with life today,there is a time for everything
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by youngalex(m): 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2009
In as much as i pity her over this whole drama,she should know that being remanded in prison or custody is a period of deep reflection of her life,afterall i once spent 48 hrs in a police cell,took all the mosquito bites yet am stil bubbling with life today,there is a time for everything
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Ben13: 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2009
someone welcomed Ibru to the real world. grin

cheii. . .corrupt Naija.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by candylips(m): 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ben20001:

someone welcomed Ibru to the[b] real world.[/b] grin

u bet
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by ayobase(m): 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
So, she can actually understand
what the world is to the poor
out there.

No be small thing o!

Actually, I felt for her.

Nigeria Is Blessed!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by justfash50: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2009
@sam7

[b]It seems to me you are in the forum for propaganda and i wount be surprised if u r not one of her PR.

Do u think u r talking to TODDLERS here with the names caling and use of words, i said again read my comment and be clear of my point.

Mrs Cecilia Ibru is accused of several allegations by the CBN, if she is innocent the Court will give the Judgement and not Public sympathy that u r parading here.

Stop showering accolades to her for giving millions jobs, that is not the issue at hand and its even irrevant in the Court.

So many Politicians, Public Officers have used guise like seeking MEDICAL ATTENTION abroad and i stated that those accused should be accomplaned by Gov officials i.e Mediacal Doctors to ascertain and give report of their condition to the Court in order not to stall Court processes or jump justice.Is still pill too bitter for u to swallow.

Funnily enough u r bad PR if u r, cos this is just my opinion and u r raining curses on people WHO is not atuned with the allegation levelled against her.

Advice u can do better with ur PR (IF TRUELY U R) [/b]
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by ayobase(m): 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2009
welcome again!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by lawmanlala(m): 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2009
EFFC detention is not supposed to be heaven afterall, wut took her there in the first place? Now she has experienced mosquito n darkness that ordinary Nigerians go thru evryday of their lives.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by vanitty: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2009
This is not good at all. It saddens me that we are so so so far behind on basic human right in Nigeria, isn't all suspect innocent until proven guilty? if you detain a person, He/she becomes your responsibility and it is your job to ensure she is not dead  by the time she goes to trial! If that means getting a mosquito repellent so be it.
If a "powerful" woman can be treated so, I feel for the ordinary citizen.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by PastorAIO: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2009
vanitty:

This is not good at all. It saddens me that we are so so so far behind on basic human right in Nigeria, isn't all suspect innocent until proven guilty? if you detain a person, He/she becomes your responsibility and it is your job to ensure she is not dead  by the time she goes to trial! If that means getting a mosquito repellent so be it.

Is it only now that you are complaining about the human rights conditions in the country. Ordinary people have been putting up with the hardships of no right for decades in Nigeria. So what are we saying? That treating people badly is bad, or that treating certain special people badly is bad?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by vanitty: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2009
I could care less if the person is special or not. undecided
What is wrong is wrong.
If only people can use her case - since it is well publicized to talk out about the state of Nigeria prison and lack of basic ammenities but oh no they will rather rejoice in her misery!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2009
This is not good at all. It saddens me that we are so so so far behind on basic human right in Nigeria, isn't all suspect innocent until proven guilty? if you detain a person, He/she becomes your responsibility and it is your job to ensure she is not dead by the time she goes to trial! If that means getting a mosquito repellent so be it.
Thank you for posting this statement.
It is sad indeed that many of these kids can not see beyond their nose.
When I read some of these childish posts on this topic, I see lack of foresight, and a quick envisioning of only the immediate event and nothing else.

We have to grow to move forward in this country.
How this lady is treated may actually affect many of us directly or indirectly, but it is unfortunate that most of us can not see it this way.

If she is guilty, she should be punished, but she should also be allowed to defend herself in a court of law.

I hope you people understand that as a Nigerian, one doesn't have to be a bank CEO or a politician or a corrupt citizen to fall into the same trap or experience what Ms Cecilia is currently going through.
Once your human rights is taken away from you, you're less than an ordinary street goat.

Regardless of the crime or who has been arrested, all we are saying is for the fed govt to completely acknowledge the human rights law through out this process.
This is the only way the outcome of the process or prosecution will be favorable to Nigeria and everyone of us.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by blesdman(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2009
to me this whole affair is simply biased. I mean having to prosecute the MDs of the banks. Sanusi is unnecessarily heating up the bankingsystem.
Why haven't they arrested those former governors who had been looting this country. I see no reason why EFCC will just suddenly wake up and be making a mess of THESE PROFESSIONAL people.
Damn it! I am pissed off with this hypocrisy!!!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by justfash50: 10:37pm On Sep 02, 2009
[b]Quote
This is not good at all. It saddens me that we are so so so far behind on basic human right in Nigeria, isn't all suspect innocent until proven guilty? if you detain a person, He/she becomes your responsibility and it is your job to ensure she is not dead by the time she goes to trial! If that means getting a mosquito repellent so be it.
Thank you for posting this statement.
It is sad indeed that many of these kids can not see beyond their nose.
When I read some of these childish posts on this topic, I see lack of foresight, and a quick envisioning of only the immediate event and nothing else.

We have to grow to move forward in this country.
How this lady is treated may actually affect many of us directly or indirectly, but it is unfortunate that most of us can not see it this way.

If she is guilty, she should be punished, but she should also be allowed to defend herself in a court of law.

I hope you people understand that as a Nigerian, one doesn't have to be a bank CEO or a politician or a corrupt citizen to fall into the same trap or experience what Ms Cecilia is currently going through.
Once your human rights is taken away from you, you're less than an ordinary street goat.

Regardless of the crime or who has been arrested, all we are saying is for the fed govt to completely acknowledge the human rights law through out this process.
This is the only way the outcome of the process or prosecution will be favorable to Nigeria and everyone of us.
[/b] QUOTE @DEPILOT

Firstly, I Keep telling ur kind that its not KIDS that u r talking to on this thread, Argue Logically in a way that u would not be insultive or as if u r talking to ur children at home.

Please tell me which of her Human Right has been deprived lately?

That she sleeps in a room where there is Mosquitos, where other suspect are equally being detained.Please u can do better than this post.

Is she not given a fair hearing also, i wonder why u people keep pointing accusing finger, rather thaN wait for the Court pronouncement.

You also make a statement that how she is treated may affect us directly or indirectly (Please how is she treated and has it not been affecting the Depositors).Please focus on her trial and stop abusing people on this thread.

Like i said she would not get my sympathy until she is proven by the court not guilty.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 12:08am On Sep 03, 2009
OK, I got your point, but please be kind enough to pay attention, read and understand statement before diving in.
Number 1. I haven't accused the fed govt for doing anything, I have only stated that fed govt needs to be careful not to make any unnecessary mistake that would jeopardize this case.
Number 2. I am not defending or accusing Ms Cecilia because  I do not know what really occurred during her time as CEO.
Number 3. If you go through all the posts on this topic you'll notice that posters here have already concluded that Ms Cecilia is a thief and deserves every single thing she is currently going through.
Number 4. My conclusion says:Regardless of the crime or who has been arrested, all we are saying is for the fed govt to completely acknowledge the human rights law through out this process.

So player, what are you talking about, what is wrong with you and where exactly are you from?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Eagleeyes1: 12:10am On Sep 03, 2009
u know when those mosquitoes suck that kind rich blood last?he don tey, so let them enjoy atleast for just a nite.our money eh oga dey chop am, ? grin grin grin
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by nex(m): 12:15am On Sep 03, 2009
Eiyah. Cecilia, it can't be that bad. She can still beat the charges.

I wonder what it'd be like to see Cecilia in GTB seeking that N1 billion guarantee.

She'll be alright though. Fear not y'all.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Eagleeyes1: 12:52am On Sep 03, 2009
nex i hope so
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by AMIGO112(m): 12:58am On Sep 03, 2009
she don chop money finish come dey faint for court.
Make somebody wake am o! make she show us
where the remaining pepper dey, na faint we go chop?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by adaku123(f): 3:02am On Sep 03, 2009
We All Want This Woman To Be Punished But The Court Should Do Everything The Right Way!!! Hmmmm

Human Rights Oh !!! If That Woman Is Sick They Should Give Her Malaria Drugs Or Whatever!!!

If The Woman Is Ill Then Dies, What Would Have Been The Point How Would Dat Even Help The Country Recover Atleast Some Of Money?? Abeg Oh?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by justfash50: 4:37am On Sep 03, 2009
[b]OK, I got your point, but please be kind enough to pay attention, read and understand statement before diving in.
Number 1. I haven't accused the fed govt for doing anything, I have only stated that fed govt needs to be careful not to make any unnecessary mistake that would jeopardize this case.
Number 2. I am not defending or accusing Ms Cecilia because I do not know what really occurred during her time as CEO.
Number 3. If you go through all the posts on this topic you'll notice that posters here have already concluded that Ms Cecilia is a thief and deserves every single thing she is currently going through.
Number 4. My conclusion says:Regardless of the crime or who has been arrested, all we are saying is for the fed govt to completely acknowledge the human rights law through out this process.

So player, what are you talking about, what is wrong with you and where exactly are you from?[/b] QUOTE depilot

Well taken, we r almost driving the same point.

Am not a player and there is nothing wrong with me.

So lets await and respect the Court Pronouncement.

Like i said she would not get my Sympathy until she is proven not guilty.thanks for Replying to my Posts.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by 3kay945(m): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2009
people couldnt wait for court pronouncement b4 callin her thief simply becos many rulers,leaders nd big men ve stole 9ja money nd nothin done to them. even if the supreme court prove her innocence, am sure she wont in d most supreme GODHEAD law.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by PastorAIO: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2009
Knowing 9ja the way that we all do, what are the chances that she isn't a crook?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by lawrence83: 11:27am On Sep 03, 2009
Jst a weekend! and she is fainting, so pathetic, but at the end this case will be adjourned and adjourned and adjourned, and they will ask her to provide some guys that have 100 million naira and houses in wuse, maitama and all the high rise estate in abuja. and that will be the end. u wanna bet?. Nigeria my country.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by agitator: 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2009
Depilot:

OK, I got your point, but please be kind enough to pay attention, read and understand statement before diving in.

Which mistake are you talking about that will jeopadize the case?

Depilot:

Number 2. I am not defending or accusing Ms Cecilia because  I do not know what really occurred during her time as CEO.

You have been canvasing for special treatment to be given to her.

Depilot:

There is a case against her, nobody made her to faint.  It is what every accussed person faces in Nigeria.  People (innocent victims) that are even raided by police just because they are in need of the bail money equally pass through similar and even worse scenarios

Depilot:

So player, what are you talking about, what is wrong with you and where exactly are you from?

How was her right violated?  By detaining an accused? She was detained at the weekend and appear in court on monday.  People are detained for two weeks and more without seeing the court house over small issues as quarrelling or just because the rich wants to flex their wealth.

Think reasonably before posting, because not everyone here is a minor or slowpoke.  cool
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by PastorAIO: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2009
agitator:

How was her write violated?  By imprisoning an accused, she was detained at the weekend and appear in court on monday.  People are detained for two weeks and more without seeing the court house over small issues as quarrelling or just because the rich wants to flex their wealth.

Think reasonably before posting, because not everyone is a slowpoke  cool

And we must not forget that she was actually caught attempting to escape. Flee the country. I don't know about 9ja but for jand that is 'resisting arrest' which is another charge in itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cameroonian Official Denies Report Of Release Of Boko Haram Hostages / Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu / SERAP Sues Buhari Over Failure To Publish Details Of ₦800 Billion Recovered Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.