Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

PDP Crisis, INEC And Edo 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis, INEC And Edo 2016 (839 Views)

Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal / Buhari Names Six INEC And Five NPC Commissioners / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Bows, Indicate Resolve To Work With Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis, INEC And Edo 2016 by suasmablow(m): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2016
That the biggest party in the world is in an extinction crisis isn't news any longer.
What is pertinent is a review or an update on the chaotic situation in the party.
1. The Makarfi faction has sold govenorship forms to three candidates for N16Million each.
2. The Makarfi-led faction has also set up an electoral committee headed by former Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswan to conduct the party's primary election.
3. The primaries of the party is tentatively slated for tomorrow (Makarfi faction).
4. The Sheriff faction has set up His own electoral committee headed by Senator Hope Uzodinma to oversee the Edo State governorship primary and congresses for the forthcoming election.
5. The cost of the Sheriff-led PDP Governorship form is N10million.
6.INEC is yet to recognise any faction in PDP national leadership tussle.
7.There are several pending litigations in Portharcourt and Abuja High Courts.
8. Political thugs fighting for both Sheriff and Makarfi continue their attempts to take over the Wadata Plaza in the midst of a second closure order by the Police IG.
9. I suspect that by tomorrow,Sheriff will secure another court injunction stopping or nullifying the Makarfi-led primaries tomorrow in Edo State.
10.Finally, PDP may not participate in the 2016 Edo State Governorship Election.

So for me, its a big Congratulations to Mr.Godwin Obaseki, The Edo State Governor in-waiting.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis, INEC And Edo 2016 by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 19, 2016
Don't be ecstatic yet. The two factions are already holding talks geared towards putting an end to the crisis....Obaseki is a political neophyte, he can't stand a savvy politician like Pastor Ize-Iyamu.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis, INEC And Edo 2016 by GentlemanUnltd: 11:03am On Jun 19, 2016
Re: PDP Crisis, INEC And Edo 2016 by suasmablow(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2016
bejeiodus:
Don't be ecstatic yet. The two factions are already holding talks geared towards putting an end to the crisis. Obaseki is a political neophyte, he can't stand a savvy politician like Pastor Ize-Iyamu.

PDP crisis to end soon?
Bros is too late to be sleeping by now na.
Its Sheriff or PDP is buried forever.
That's the only solution as far as Sheriff is alive.
And will the anti-Sheriff elements accept this ugly solution?
As for Obaseki been a neophyte, I don't knw how you arrived at that. But from my political experience I know no politician is an island. They are all neophytes to some secret or open political heavy heights.
Re: PDP Crisis, INEC And Edo 2016 by tuniski: 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
suasmablow:
That the biggest party in the world is in an extinction crisis isn't news any longer.
What is pertinent is a review or an update on the chaotic situation in the party.
1. The Makarfi faction has sold govenorship forms to three candidates for N16Million each.
2. The Makarfi-led faction has also set up an electoral committee headed by former Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswan to conduct the party's primary election.
3. The primaries of the party is tentatively slated for tomorrow (Makarfi faction).
4. The Sheriff faction has set up His own electoral committee headed by Senator Hope Uzodinma to oversee the Edo State governorship primary and congresses for the forthcoming election.
5. The cost of the Sheriff-led PDP Governorship form is N10million.
6.INEC is yet to recognise any faction in PDP national leadership tussle.
7.There are several pending litigations in Portharcourt and Abuja High Courts.
8. Political thugs fighting for both Sheriff and Makarfi continue their attempts to take over the Wadata Plaza in the midst of a second closure order by the Police IG.
9. I suspect that by tomorrow,Sheriff will secure another court injunction stopping or nullifying the Makarfi-led primaries tomorrow in Edo State.
10.Finally, PDP may not participate in the 2016 Edo State Governorship Election.

So for me, its a big Congratulations to Mr.Godwin Obaseki, The Edo State Governor in-waiting.

See fear of Pdp! Anyway, pdp will win Edo cos APC/oshio/buhari are a disaster!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers – Presidency / The Real Possibly Guilty Parties In The Halliburton Case / Air Force Recruits Put In A Fine Display As They Graduate In Style. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.