Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Can God Ever Make Mistakes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Ever Make Mistakes? (1271 Views)

Will GOD Ever Forgive Satan? / Can God Ever Forgive Satan? / Why Doesn't God Ever Answer Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by slashcuff(m): 9:23am On Nov 28, 2006
Most Times We ask God this question(s) WHY THIS, WHY THAT, WHY WHY AND WHY, I recently got involve in a robbery case after i heard from God clearly to attend a Vigil after the vigil, by 5:30am i set for home with my family in the car and was attacked by 7 armed men seriously ready to kill they collected everything and non was injured, then i asked WHY?
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by jagunlabi(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2006
Do we have to blame God for all the mishaps that come in our way?These things just happen,and somebody has to fall victim.If it is not you,it will definitely be some other person(s).
Abeg leave God alone.He/she/they can't be held responsible for everything that happens in each human's life.
It is not even a rational way of thinking.Just because i am religious does not mean that i should make irrational thinking a habit.cool
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by jagunlabi(m): 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2006
To answer your question,
'Yes,God makes mistakes.One of the blunders are we humans'. undecided
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by LanreDaMan(m): 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2006
My GOD,
What kinda question is that ?

God is perfect everyday and in every single way
The creator is perfect in every single way.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Drusilla(f): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2006
Nope.

To make mistakes, one has to have somebody higher than them to say what is right and wrong.

God can not be advised. He has no equals. He sets the standards of what is right and wrong.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by slashcuff(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2006
Then If So Why did Adam IN the Bible Say and I quote " Is it not the woman you gave to me?" God is not a man, He's ways are different from our way and thoughts different from ours, but you know as humans we are bound to think otherwise. YES OR NO?
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Wumine(f): 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2006
No! God never make mistakes. remember to err is human, to forgive is divine.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Grouppoint(m): 10:55am On Dec 06, 2006
We may say, out of gratitude and reverence, that God does not make mistakes. However, God also wants us to study His word and reason the scriptures out.

Several scriptures in the old testament state that God repented (or regretted) making man. Which is why He destroyed the earth a few times. Can one not call this a mistake?

Kings such as Saul, God regretted giving them rule over Israel. There are several others. The point is that some could argue on the face of it, that God made a mistake in creating lucifer.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Bolarge(m): 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2006
GOD never makes mistakes.
Even the seeming "mistakes" attributed to Him are part of a grand design;a presently inapparent agenda.
Note however that all the so-called mistakes u can ever point at always have a free moral agent (besides God) involved.
Inasmuch as God has chosen to give us beings (human and angelic) a free will,He cannot be held totally responsible for our choices n'the aftermath of the same.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by lafile(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2006
well said, bolarge
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Grouppoint(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2006
Bolarge:

GOD never makes mistakes.
Even the seeming "mistakes" attributed to Him are part of a grand design;a presently inapparent agenda.
Note however that all the so-called mistakes u can ever point at always have a free moral agent (besides God) involved.
Inasmuch as God has chosen to give us beings (human and angelic) a free will,He cannot be held totally responsible for our choices n'the aftermath of the same.

So tell me the grand plan when someone loses their child or his wife gets raped by armed robbers, or someone dies of cancer,
The list is endless.
Whilst these may not be mistakes made by God, a good follower of God, who has held onto certain scriptural promises concerning healing or protection, will feel that God made a mistake in creating the armed robber, or allowing a disease such as cancer to afflict his loved one, even unto death.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by goodguy(m): 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2006
I think I agree with Grouppoint here.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2006
GOD can never ever make a mistake smiley
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by goodguy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2006
Bolarge:

The thread starter was attacked by armed robbers and you're here talking about freewill, like he used his freewill to invite the armed robbers. tongue
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Bolarge(m): 3:30pm On Feb 12, 2007
goodguy:

The thread starter was attacked by armed robbers and you're here talking about freewill, like he used his freewill to invite the armed robbers. tongue
@goodguy
  Sorry I just bumped into this thread again.
To answer your question,the armed robbers have a free will and chose to assault and deprive their fellowman of what is rightfully his.
   Job35:5-8
Look to the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds; they are higher than you.
  If you sin, what do you do against Him(God)? Or if your transgressions are multiplied, what do you do to Him(God)?
  If you are righteous, what do you give Him? Or what does He receive from your hand?
Job35:8   Your wickedness may hurt a man like yourself; and your righteousness may profit the son of man.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Backslider(m): 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2007
God never makes mistake. We have free will and That is what makes us similar to God
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Kintayo(f): 11:21am On Feb 17, 2007
@ Topic God Never makes a Mistakes & will never makes a Mistake, Did you know what exactly God did for you that night? For making you to go for the Vigil with your family,did you know what Devil plain for you? I believe that God just want to show you what many people are passing through & gone for just that, but you were attacked & nothing evil happen apart from collecting everything on you,,,,, Therefore God is a PERFECT MAN AND HE WILL REMAIN PERFECT
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Nella(f): 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2007
wat a useless question!! Obviously God never makes mistakes!!! END TOPIC!!!
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Grouppoint(m): 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2007
Nella:

what a useless question!! Obviously God never makes mistakes!!! END TOPIC!!!

What a useless response!

There are millions of people who have experienced terrible things in life,
which make them doubt the omnipotence or omniscience of God. Is this the reply you have for them?

Take your signature for example, you cried when you had no shoes until you saw a man with no legs!
Do you think that the legless man is happy? Isnt it possible that the an may feel that God made a mistake in allowing him to have no legs.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by lafile(m): 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2007
@Grouppoint
But how is it Gods fault that he had no legs? or that someone was attacked by armed robbers? where is Gods mistake in that? Gods chosing saul as king worked out well: is graphically shows what happens when man deliberately discards Gods will for his own.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by ohikhena(m): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2007
God can't make mistake.instead he exposes us 2 d awesomeness of his wonder.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by KAG: 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2007
Can God Ever Make Mistakes?

Then God said: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and the cattle, and over all the wild animals and all the creatures that crawl on the ground."
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by ricadelide(m): 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2007
most of the evil we see today are consequences. consequences of adam's sin. when adam sinned, he broke natural order and everything has been in the down since then.

until Jesus came to restore all things,

so, does God make mistakes? NO. Why do we see evil in the world? Because man (generic man) sinned.

Do evil things happen even to christians? Yes. Why? Read JOB and Read 2Peter. Bad things happen to us as christians as a test of our faith and commitment to Him, and just so we can become like Him. Adversity is like the crucible that molds God's nature into us. I hope we all learn (especially christians) to embrace and make the most use of any periods of adversity we find ourselves in, because its a priceless opportunity given to us by God to develop that character of Christ in us.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by olutomiwa(m): 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2007
some questions can make one to sin against God sa,anyway baba God go undastand.I think God can make a mistake,if not he would not have created SATAN and some of his agents.God i hope you are not reading this o,if you are pls forgive me i know not what i am doing.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by folaaa(m): 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2007
do you believe in the existence of God?
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by folaaa(m): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2007
God can make a lot of things but not mistakes.
though the were things that looks like mistakes. but they are certainly not. its a matter of choice
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by folaaa(m): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2007
5trrrrrru4i4u5,li56r,
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by nkhetheni(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2007
[tr]if not he would not have created SATAN and some of his agents[/tr][color=#006600][/color]

God never created Satan, he created Lucifer an angel, who sinned and became Satan. By the way God does not make mistakes.
anyway just passing by, see you some other time.
Re: Can God Ever Make Mistakes? by Pain(m): 4:52am On Apr 27, 2007
No He Can Only Be Mistaken of Better Put: MISUNDERSTOOD.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christian Know So Little About The Bible And Their Religion? / Halleluyah / A Question About Kindoki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.