Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ibrahim: With CBN Printing Money, I’m Justified - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim: With CBN Printing Money, I’m Justified (2969 Views)

FG's Recovered Loot with CBN — Investigation by Punch / El-rufai's Eating Of Sugarcane In Public Justified By World Leaders (photos) / Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Ibrahim: With CBN Printing Money, I’m Justified by PapaBrowne(m): 2:26am On Sep 03, 2009
I think we must correct this notion on the potential collapse of the five banks.
The banks might have been under some strain, but they were nowhere near collapse.
The crises began in October of 2008 and for ten months after the crises, there was never a report of any of the banks being unable to meet financial obligations to their depositors.
This nonsense that the banks would have collapsed and so would the economy is a creation of Sanusi. Its nonsense.

There is a major problem resulting from Sanusi's actions already, and it has to do with credit freeze from all angles.
The local banks have all of a sudden become risk averse. The are calling back even well performing loans in what they are terming a "loan recovery drive".
Worse still, foreign banks have seized honoring Letters of Credit from Nigeria, sighting the problems with the banking sector.
How would we service our imports especially in the petroleum products sector. There is a real problem brewing and the signs would start showing when we have exhausted our July/August imports.
Re: Ibrahim: With CBN Printing Money, I’m Justified by official234(m): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
cool
Re: Ibrahim: With CBN Printing Money, I’m Justified by FarahAideed: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
official234:
cool

Cool what? I hope you know it's a 2009 thread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigiria At 50 Awards: Jonathan Excludes Murtala, Buhari, Ibb, Abacha / Tales Of Biafra We Shall Never Forget.(pictures) / Farouk Lawan Collected $600K Bribe - Video Of Legislooting - OBJ at work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.