Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. (3131 Views)

Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. / Nigerian Lady Blasts Teachers Who Teach Students That Men Are Head Of Family / UNIABUJA Students That Died In Motor Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by HighIQ(m): 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
THEY INCLUDES---

1) THE IGNORANT STUDENTS-- Ignorance is a big disease. A lot of Nigerian students are just too unaware of the courses they are going to study. Some eventually ended up wasting their four years on campus, studying a course that has no value in Nigeria. I have seen graduates of courses like Anatomy, physiology etc complaining and regretting getting a job even after graduating with a CGPA above 4.0.
2) THE "RUSHING" STUDENTS--- Some students although they have strong passion for a course but yet may give it up after about 2 , 3 UTME attempts. Reason-- They are just too in a hurry to graduate, settle down, have a job, get a wife etc. They consider time and age. As a result, such students ended up in a course they don't have passion for. Only to end up living a miserable and regretable life after university.
3) THE RELIGIOUS STUDENTS-- It is a good thing to trust in God. But many students have forgotten that God always give men opportunity for second, third etc chances.Some after trying JAMB for once and were given another course, let say, animal science instead of Medicine. Due to his over religiousness, such students may say "well, maybe God wanted me to study animal science, maybe it is the will of God, I will take the course like that". As a result, he gave up on his own dream and ambition.
4) THE POSITIVE MINDED STUDENTS-- These kind of students believe strongly that there is no course you can't be succesful in . If only you can aim to be the best in a any field you find yourself, then you are destined for the top. Regardless of whether you study agric, zoology, psychology or whatever. So when such students are denied their dream course for another course, they give it up easily.
5) THE "JOB AWAITING" STUDENTS-- This type of people also have a dream or a goal perculiar to them in life. But the over 30 industries and companies owned by their parent or any other connected family friends or relative attracted them. They will definitely get a slot or even become a general manager of one. So why should they waste time running after Law or Pharmacy? As a result they decide to settle for any course just to get a degree. It doesn't matter if they have third class or pass after their degree programme. The truth is that they already got a slot or big job waiting for them after graduation.
6) THE "SET BACK FEARFUL" STUDENT-- These type of people see other students as competitors. "All my friends are in university already, and I am still here writing JAMB because of this course I am running after" As a result, they stoop low for less course, just for the fear of been seen as a set back among their equals.
7) THE PARENT PLEASERS-- These people chose to go for that course because they were forced to do it by their parents. They never intended to study it before. A student who dreamt of been an architect, now forced into medicine and surgery.
8 )THE HYPER FEARFUL STUDENTS-- Ordinary sighting a medical textbook on anatomy or the last year's cutoff mark for medicine can make them to give up on their dream to study it. There are many things to cover and read up in medicine. So this got them scared. Such candidate might immediately go to purchase the change of course form at Jamb office the next day.
9) THE FINANCIALLY UNSTABLE STUDENTS: This aftects many students.Though they are academically qualified. But money won't allow them to study such course because it is financially demanding.So they give it up.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by emmyw(m): 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ok
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by Muyogoa: 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
book space
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by Justice28(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Awesome
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by druxy(m): 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
op true talk buh...people don't always get what they want in life....in this country... if you geh whah you really want.just thank your stars...what do you think of someone writing jamb continuously just to have his/her dream course with no avail...the pressure self is enough to lose hope...Education ain't really paying any longer jare
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by Muyogoa: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
kikik BTW where is lalasticlala and seun ?
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by KillerBeauty(f): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Dream different from reality
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by jericco1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
only 9 made sense

1 Like

Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by iaamxavier(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2016
op its not the students fault is just the educational standard in Nigeria is in poo mehn

1 Like

Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by CaptainEColeJnr: 6:38am On Jun 20, 2016
You do not expect me to stay home for 5 years because I wanna study Medicine undecided

Even doctors are unemployed.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by CaptainEColeJnr: 6:41am On Jun 20, 2016
iaamxavier:
op its not the students fault is just the educational standard in Nigeria is in poo mehn
Shut up your damn fingers there undecided

"Its poo mehn" .... Na you make poo? undecided

All this abroad-based poor people will be claiming Big boys over there whereas we are living in a better condition than them .. SMH
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by HighIQ(m): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
You do not expect me to stay home for 5 years because I wanna study Medicine undecided

Doctors are selective and never unemployed. There are places doctors can work in. But they all prefers big big hospitals and others like National hospital Abuja. Making them stay home for few months. As a I said, not all those that studied medicine have passion for it. Most doctors wish to work in urban areas and big hospitals.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by iaamxavier(m): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Shut up your damn fingers there undecided

"Its poo mehn" .... Na you make poo? undecided

All this abroad-based poor people will be claiming Big boys over there whereas we are living in a better condition than them .. SMH

I remember u other moniker ecolejnr from uniben asp thread undecided

I dunno if I should reply ur stupidity or pass u by

well I choose to pass u by embarassed
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by iaamxavier(m): 7:23am On Jun 20, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:

u say doctors are unemployed?? ur stupidity really baffles me! undecided
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by CaptainEColeJnr: 7:39am On Jun 20, 2016
HighIQ:
Doctors are selective and never unemployed. There are places doctors can work in. But they all prefers big big hospitals and others like National hospital Abuja. Making them stay home for few months. As a I said, not all those that studied medicine have passion for it. Most doctors wish to work in urban areas and big hospitals.
Wrong assertion, why do you think some doctors remains unemployed after graduation?

Its because there too many docs chasing relatively few hospitals /healthcare centres... don't give me that bullcrap that doctor can't be unemployed ..

How can doctors not be unemployed in Nigeria when there ain't adequate healthcare and hospitals especially in rural areas?

http://m.guardian.ng/features/paradox-of-unemployment-and-inadequate-workforce-in-nigeria/

According to statistics, Nigeria needs 237,000 doctors but we have only 35,000 doctors,now let's further breakdown.

Among the 35,000 doctors only 27.5% of them are employed.. that's about 25,550 of them.

So the remaining 9450 are unemployed giving you an unemployment rate of 27%.. far worse than other areas of study... So why kill ourselves? undecided

Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by CaptainEColeJnr: 7:43am On Jun 20, 2016
iaamxavier:

I remember u other moniker ecolejnr from uniben asp thread undecided

I dunno if I should reply ur stupidity or pass u by

well I choose to pass u by embarassed
You can as well try to improve your daftness undecided

It seems your brain was auctioned at birth undecided

Please do not quote me again .. your type are needless to exchange banters with
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by CaptainEColeJnr: 7:45am On Jun 20, 2016
iaamxavier:

u say doctors are unemployed?? ur stupidity really baffles me! undecided
BTW... don't you have homework to do?
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by iaamxavier(m): 7:50am On Jun 20, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
You can as well try to improve your daftness undecided

It seems your brain was auctioned at birth undecided

Please do not quote me again .. your type are needless to exchange banters with

just go prepare for uniben post ume kid run along fvcking retard!
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by CaptainEColeJnr: 7:57am On Jun 20, 2016
iaamxavier:

just go prepare for uniben post ume kid run along fvcking retard!
Sure cool

And go do your homework
let's see who'll get there before who grin

Cretin
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by iaamxavier(m): 8:02am On Jun 20, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Sure cool
And go do your homework let's see who'll get there before who grin
Cretin
grin I'm already there nigger!
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by HighIQ(m): 8:10am On Jun 20, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Wrong assertion, why do you think some doctors remains unemployed after graduation?

Its because there too many docs chasing relatively few hospitals /healthcare centres... don't give me that bullcrap that doctor can't be unemployed ..

How can doctors not be unemployed in Nigeria when there ain't adequate healthcare and hospitals especially in rural areas?

http://m.guardian.ng/features/paradox-of-unemployment-and-inadequate-workforce-in-nigeria/

According to statistics, Nigeria needs 237,000 doctors but we have only 35,000 doctors,now let's further breakdown.

Among the 35,000 doctors only 27.5% of them are employed.. that's about 25,550 of them.

So the remaining 9450 are unemployed giving you an unemployment rate of 27%.. far worse than other areas of study... So why kill ourselves? undecided

you are misled. Your category is in number 1 point -- Ignorance. I don't know where u see a doc who remain unemployed for 2, 3 years. This country needs more doctor unlike the very few ones we have currently in the country. Imagine only 2 doctors working in a general hospital? We need more and more doctors per hospital and more hospitals. I think this current gov will achieve that.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by CaptainEColeJnr: 10:39am On Jun 20, 2016
iaamxavier:

grin I'm already there nigger!
K
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by Muyogoa: 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
it seems Seun and other mods are guilty of this. That is why they did not move it to front page.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by HighIQ(m): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2016
Muyogoa:
it seems Seun and other mods are guilty of this. That is why they did not move it to front page.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by INTERMAN: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
Muyogoa:
right I think
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by Muyogoa: 10:49am On Jul 09, 2016
Eda lo n sare. Many Nigeria youths are just too in an hurry to make it.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by INTERMAN: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2016
some people needs guardians.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 28, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:

Doctors don't even have money. My mom is a residential doctor in training and she's living from paycheck to paycheck all while preparing for exams. The only way to make money in medicine is to become a consultant and how many doctors get to that stage. Medicine is seriously overrated. Law is even worse.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by INTERMAN: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Doctors don't even have money. My mom is a residential doctor in training and she's living from paycheck to paycheck all while preparing for exams. The only way to make money in medicine is to become a consultant and how many doctors get to that stage. Medicine is seriously overrated. Law is even worse.
If u say medicine is bad, then what will you call other professions? A medical doc even from housemanship start earning about 150k per month. A money that most profession can never in yrs. BTW ur mom is btw what age range.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
If u say medicine is bad, then what will you call other professions? A medical doc even from housemanship start earning about 150k per month. A money that most profession can never in yrs. BTW ur mom is btw what age range.
Do you think it is easy to get a place to do house man ship and that 150000 might be what you might earn for the next 50 years if you don't do residency. To even get a residency placement in Nigeria is based on who you know now. I will advise anyone going for medicine to do so for the passion but if you are looking for money you will be very frustrated. My mom is in her late 30s.
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by INTERMAN: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Do you think it is easy to get a place to do house man ship and that 150000 might be what you might earn for the next 50 years if you don't do residency. To even get a residency placement in Nigeria is based on who you know now. I will advise anyone going for medicine to do so for the passion but if you are looking for money you will be very frustrated. My mom is in her late 30s.
But it is still better than other courses like micro biology, biochem etc
Re: 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. by GdexFolami(m): 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
This thread has been derailed..but those 9 points are facts.cc lalasticlacla

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply Now For Ongoing Admission At ESM University Benin no jamb / Which One Is Preferable? College Of Education Or Polytechnic / Ambrose Aali University 2013 Aspirant. What Did You Score In Post Ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.