Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life (31696 Views)

CBN Issues Guidelines For China-Nigeria Currency Swap Deal (Pics) / Nigeria’s Currency Woes, A Blessing For Top Palm-oil Producer - Bloomberg / Nigeria's Currency Plummets As Naira Floats For 1st Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by PointBlank101: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2016
What are the main disadvantages of floating the Naira?
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by LadyAimy: 11:21am On Jun 20, 2016
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by pizzle123(m): 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
labamo07:
I want to earnestly hope this is not just a paper forecast?.......................
Bro I hop nd pray ooooh
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by DealMogul(m): 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dottore:
We are watching. I'm tired of all these pocket economic theories. Though the source of this particular article is a reputable one but the truth remains that the complexity in Nigeria's economic realities have timelessly contradicted all conventional academic economic tales hence the CBN Governor and his crew have resorted to trial and error economics.

Interesting...let's hear YOUR theory sir...since you are so quick to dismiss that of another probably well versed in these matters than you are

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by Dottore: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
DealMogul:

Interesting...let's hear YOUR theory sir...since you are so quick to dismiss that of another probably well versed in these matters than you are

The economic team and Nairaland pocket economists have been unveiling "Well versed" economic theories that never worked. So what's the need of reading more instead of watching events unfold
Also if your sound knowledge of economic matters hasn't made you a billionaire and contributing to the well being of others then there's no need boring people with bogus terminologies.
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by Boss13: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
neocortex:

I hope that doesn't happen because it will spell disaster for foreign investment for a long time,
unstable forex policy is the greatest fear of investors.

Nope. Policy withdrawal or reversal is a common thing. Nigeria is not the only country in this mess. Many Oil dependent countries are facing similar issues.

Russia, Angola, Venzuela, Saudi Arabia etc. Venzuela is even finding it more difficult. They have a mad president.
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by Dexema(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
eleojo23:
Nobody should write any more article on this Forex stuff until we see the new exchange rate biko angry
exchange rate from US money transfer portal I use has dropped from N319/$ to N279/$ as at this afternoon. The thing fear me small, good one for naija sha if it can be replicated on other fronts.
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by eleojo23: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dexema:
exchange rate from US money transfer portal I use has dropped from N319/$ to N279/$ as at this afternoon. The thing fear me small, good one for naija sha if it can be replicated on other fronts.

Why you fear na? cheesy
Was it an online transaction?
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by Dexema(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
eleojo23:

Why you fear na? cheesy
Was it an online transaction?
Yep, why I nogo fear na! Though I love naija and would want the Naira to recover, I didn't just expect this lucozade boost jump in record time.
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by eleojo23: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dexema:

Yep, why I nogo fear na! Though I love naija and would want the Naira to recover, I didn't just expect this lucozade boost jump in record time.
Pardon my many questions. Please which Bank's card did you use?
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by ademule89: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Few days before June Rapid Prototyping Workshop, spaces are fast being filled, you don't want to be left out of this highly valuable training. Register for June Rapid Prototyping Bootcamp, attendance is absolutely free.

"Rapid Prototyping is one of the most sought after skills of 2016. Rapid Prototyping helps you spend 10 hours in bringing your ideas to life instead of 10 days, It helps bring your ideas to life faster.

Whether you're a 1 person solopreneur or you run a startup, you need to be able to effectively turn your ideas into real tangible, working demos.

In the past two editions, Entrepreneurs from Technology, Agriculture,Media, Entertainment, Social Entrepreneurship, Fashion, Healthcare, FMCG and Automobile Industries have attended the workshop and their feedback has been amazing.

Join the league of Entrepreneurs who want to take their game to the next level, Apply to attend June Edition of The Rapid Prototyping Workshop in Lagos Nigeria".

Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by Dexema(m): 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
eleojo23:

Pardon my many questions. Please which Bank's card did you use?
I was receiving money, and it got paid directly into my account.
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by eleojo23: 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dexema:
I was receiving money, and it got paid directly into my account.
OK. Thanks.
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by Dexema(m): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
eleojo23:

OK. Thanks.
you are welcome, feel free to ask me any other questions via WhatsApp this is dexter.
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Before the theories above will work ..dollar price wil lgo up ..what we saw last week after announcement was panic reaction since the floating has started today you will agree with me thatso many people that needed forex and ddidnt see before will flood the market with demand that will push the price north ..you can quote me on this naira will reach around N500 per dollar before it will starta steep journeey south but at the long run we will enjoy it
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by dafuturis(m): 12:07am On Jun 21, 2016
Atmmachine:
Please, I need answers to these questions
Goodluck Jonathan was accused of stealing billions of dollars, he saved no money for the incoming government.

When Buhari got into power, the price of oil went down, the economy went bad, there's no source of income for the government.

Where are all the money this present government spends come from ??

Very stew peed comment, to think that 15 more highly stew peed fellow liked your comment. SMH for your generation.
Re: Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life by crownprince102: 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
mineANDurs:

Nigeria has a population of over 170million therefore if importation is to be totally banned, it will not take us more than one month to consume all food items in the market and not more than six months to consume non food items.
Nigeria is barely industrialised and cannot produce enough goods we need to survive, so if that should happen Nigerian's will die of hunger and the surviving ones will be wearing rags by the time industries will be set up to take care of our needs.
No country is self sufficient,even the worlds most developed countries imports one thing or the other. The idea is to bring down the imports to only inevitable commodities.

All countries are inter-dependent.
What Nigeria needs to do is to provide basic ammenities and make good policies that will encourage local production thereby making imported items more expensive and less attractive.
It is a long term thing and can never be done in a short while as PMB is trying to do, hence the agony and hunger in d land.
Japan, Mexico, Pakistan, United State, India, etc are all over 100 million in population but yet importation are banned on certain goods. India for example will never import wheat, they provide it for their population of over a billion and this wheat is poduce in a city not a big as any of Nigerian state. So why should importation not be banned of certain goods?

Without banning importation of what we can produce, how feasible is the industrialization you mentioned?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu And Barack Obama Pictured In Chicago / 250 Graduates Establish Toothpick Factory In Ondo / Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.