Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters (1278 Views)

Soldier Goes Missing After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno, Brother Cries Out (Photo) / How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / Boko Haram Ambush Kills A Policeman, Injures Another In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by mamabomboy: 9:33am On Jun 20, 2016
The Air Component of OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE at
the weekend foiled a plan by Boko Haram
Terrorists to ambush forces harboured at Doron
Naira, north of Borno State.
Group Captain Ayodele Famuyiwa, Director of
Public Relations and Information, in a statement
said a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) King Air A350i
Beechcraft aircraft on Intelligence, Surveillance
and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission sighted “a
group of terrorists in 7 Hilux vehicles, hiding
under tress at a location along the axis of
advance of own ground forces towards
Kangarawa, north of Borno State.”
It noted that following the discovery, an Alpha Jet
was scrambled to attack the Boko Haram location.
The statement added that: “The attack was
successful as 15 members of the BHTs were killed
and the whole vehicles knocked out.
“The casualty figure was confirmed by ground
forces, who subsequently consolidated on the
gains of the air effort to pursue and inflict further
casualty on the fleeing wounded members of the
terrorist group.
“Troops also confirmed that 2 gun trucks were
among vehicles destroyed by the Alpha Jet as 2 x
AK-47 rifles, 2 x RPGs and cache of assorted
munitions were recovered.
“The latest victory against the BHTs brings to fore
the important role of airpower in counter
insurgency operation.
“In furtherance of this role, the NAF has been
relentless in its effort to shape the battlespace
and provide favourable environment for own
surface forces to operate.”
http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/20/air-force-jet-saves-personnel-from-boko-haram-ambush-kills-15-fighters/
Re: Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by keally: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2016
mamabomboy:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/20/air-force-jet-saves-personnel-from-boko-haram-ambush-kills-15-fighters/
Which boko haram are they referring to, is it the one that was technically defeated since, the second week of december 2015 according to lie mohammed.
Re: Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by idupaul: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2016
I doubt the alpha jet did such damage ..it would be easier to think the beechcraft carried out the attack or a Chengdu F7 but not that toy called Alpha
Re: Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by 989900: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2016
The posters above me were there. angry undecided
Re: Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by Adminisher: 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
idupaul:
I doubt the alpha jet did such damage ..it would be easier to think the beechcraft carried out the attack or a Chengdu F7 but not that toy called Alpha

Ignorance is all over this your post. The Beechcraft can't shoot missiles or rockets, it merely detects (very effectively too) and sends very accurate coordinates to the control center. . The F7 flies too high and too fast. The news is right , the Alpha jet which can load up to 2000 kg of rockets, bombs and missiles killed the Bokos based on coordinates provided by the Beechcraft.
Re: Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by idupaul: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
Adminisher:

Ignorance is all over this your post. The Beechcraft can't shoot missiles or rockets, it merely detects (very effectively too) and sends very accurate coordinates to the control center. . The F7 flies too high and too fast. The news is right , the Alpha jet which can load up to 2000 kg of rockets, bombs and missiles killed the Bokos based on coordinates provided by the Beechcraft.

Read my post and tell me where I said the beechcraft was armed .. you are the ignorant one, what has flying high and fast got to do with delivery a precision strike..no Nigerian Alpha jet can hit anything accurately on the ground , they can only drop their packages blindly. ..I still insist I will believe it would be easier from that beechcraft to hit those targets than those patch and go alphas we still pack
Re: Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by SherlockHollmes(m): 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
idupaul:

Read my post and tell me where I said the beechcraft was armed .. you are the ignorant one, what has flying high and fast got to do with delivery a precision strike..no Nigerian Alpha jet can hit anything accurately on the ground , they can only drop their packages blindly. ..I still insist I will believe it would be easier from that beechcraft to hit those targets than those patch and go alphas we still pack
will you STFU. Can you prove that no Nigerian Alpha Jet can hit anything on the ground accurately. Ignoramus!
Re: Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by idupaul: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=SherlockHollmes post=46755359]will you STFU. Can you prove that no Nigerian Alpha Jet can hit anything on the ground accurately. Ignoramus![/quote

If it could why has it never hit anything on the ground ..it's only useful in generating jet engine sound theme for the battle front..if it could do you thing Boko Haram would have been driving a convoy of up to 20 soft body pickup truck on Federal Highways in the past ..that jet can't hit nothing on the ground now go and die joor]
Re: Air Force Jet Saves Personnel From Boko Haram Ambush, Kills 15 Fighters by DonBobes(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
idupaul:

Alpha jet is still very vry effective against dis riffraffs. Wen u consider d fact dt Boko harams do nt own jets or aircrafts. Be dt as it may, the jet is still efficacious!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Militant Group Announce 2wks Ceasefire, Demands Buhari's Presence In ND / Where Are We On Biafra? / Kwankwaso Has Hired Thugs From Niger To Disrupt Minjibir By-election, Says KNSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.