Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Proposing The 'south East Development Commission' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposing The 'south East Development Commission' (432 Views)

South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails / North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proposing The 'south East Development Commission' by Bammydele83: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2016
I can not but look in awe at the gullibility and silence of our Southern senators (most especially senators from the South East) as regards the North-East Development Commission which is to be sited in the region for the development of the boko-haram ravaged geo-political zone.
My question is...what of the civil war ravaged South-East that has been abandoned even 40 years after the war?
What singular act did past and present Government initiate to ensure that region gets the necessary attention from the Government based on Federal Presence and development?

While nothing was done to develop the ravaged South-East during the civil war, our brothers up North proposed a bill (which has passed the 2nd reading) to create North-East Development Commission (NEDC) and yet none of these buffoon senators from the South (I believe it is high time we started recalling this foolish senators that goes to the senate to sleep while the serious senators from the North gets the job done) had the courage to use that opportunity to bring to the fore the injustice meted out to the Igbos 40 years after the civil war by insisting a commission that will serve same purpose is created for the development of the South-East Region.

Please for God's sake the Southern part of Nigeria need to unite for unity of purpose. This tribalism, suspicions and unhealthy rivalry is drawing the region back. The Igbos have to stop hating on the Yorubas and vice versa. This seed of discord sowed by the colonial masters is still in play today. It is a disadvantage to us all and that is why our senators in the house are not united.
Why and why do we from the South (Yoruba an Igbo) always hating on ourselves? I believe it is time to forgive one another and move on for the betterment of Nigeria at large.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
God bless the Yoruba Nation.
God bless the Igbo Nation.

Peace....

(1) (Reply)

I Know Nothing About Alleged Forgery, Says Saraki / N1bn Fraud: Court Remands Ex Adamawa State Governor, Adamu Fintiri, In Kuje Pris / More Economic Gloom Ahead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.