Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement (59014 Views)

Libya Embassy In Nigeria Releases Statement On Slavery In Libya (Pictured) / Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? / British Government Releases Official Statement On Ibori's Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by EDhims(m): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
I'm pushed to open a thread to give a scientific explanation to this phenomenon.
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by 989900: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ninilowo:
ur matric number or date of birth rite?

Far, far, from it. cheesy
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
989900:

Wow, but fail . . . N10,000 to you or anyone that gets it right.
it is a colour code or a calculated HEX number...
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Femich18(m): 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
engrsuleiy:

Watch your tongue!!!
Lol...Ok sir
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by 989900: 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
lordoseji:
it is a colour code or a calculated HEX number...

No sir.
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by azundu1(m): 6:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
EDhims:
I'm pushed to open a thread to give a scientific explanation to this phenomenon.
There is no scientific explanation or anything, its just a natural occurence. https://www.nairaland.com/3176583/ogun-river-kara-did-not
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
989900:

No sir.
ok sir
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by oloriadejoke(f): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hmmm iyemoja(marmaid) in action
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by yakubuadeiza(m): 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
advice needed: pls how much will take me from lagos to the place, need to take a short or 2?
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by lastpage: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
iamauxin:
I'm in Ibadan, pls how do I get to the place from here? Wanna take some shots.

Just SWIM all the way on the Ogun River, ....they are linked! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by FODA(m): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Economy is too harsh,many companies left,tomatoes left,dollar left,crude oil left,now rivers re going too,this Apc govt should do something b4 fresh air will join d relocation.God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
donem:

Take this your chosen campaign gently brother, lest you get mistaken for a fanatic.
My Brother in times as we are, there is Gentility for the Truth! No Gentility in any means to conscript people into the GOD WAY!! A CHOSEN IS DANGEROUS TO DANGER!!
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Max24: 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
undecided
dason4life:
I Knowles that river, it has a link to the Great Ogun river. :oh

But what on earth can make it dry up like that?
Didn't u read d article before commenting? Is d answer not in d article. That's how people like u failCG comprehension tests - u answer questions without reading d passage.
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Barezzi(m): 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
989900:

Wow, but fail . . . N10,000 to you or anyone that gets it right.
Too easy, i need that 10k...
It's the concatenation of the years 1998, 1999, 2000

1 Like

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
APOSTLECHUMA:
STRANGE THAT PEOPLE STIL ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE DECEIVED BY MODERN JUDASES LIKE DAVID MOUKA.THERE WIL BE GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT ON THAT DAY.
Apostle, i am Shocked at your utterance! I'll godly tell you that its either you are one of the Entertainers deceiving or you Just Running your Mouth.

I respect titles that bare servant of God but take this advice: Its either you Shut up for what you know nothing about before you land your self into things that you would have avoided if you closed your mouth!
God Bless You
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by EDhims(m): 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
azundu1:

There is no scientific explanation or anything, its just a natural occurence. https://www.nairaland.com/3176583/ogun-river-kara-did-not

Wait till you read some facts
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Humphrey007(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
end time
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Max24:
undecided
Didn't u read d article before commenting? Is d answer not in d article. That's how people like u failCG comprehension tests - u answer questions without reading d passage.

You should have sun dry the weed.

Maybe you should read the article again and slowly.

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by bbsugar: 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
There is a big difference between the water drying up and the surface of the river being covered up by vegetation. The river didn't dry up the surface was only covered up by thick vegetation. #Team common sense
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by macaranta(m): 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
Strange
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by ated07: 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
Subsidy has been removed from Ogum river therefore the river can not sustain a natural flow and dried up. Or maybe Ogun river has gone for summer please keep off because it may come back at anytime.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Oscarz(m): 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
MrTruth4real:

What I heard is that over the years, dumping of refuses in the river, has lead to some kind of chemical reaction wich made the see weed to grow rapidly. It happen gradually but became noticeable when the river stop flowing. The river is still very much there but the refuses and see weed is blocking it's flow from the source.
Ogbeni, keep quiet!
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by IVORY2009(m): 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
989900:

Pls. ask her for it, and tell her to confirm receipt to me.
Once u pay her, it is done.
is ok...
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by NightHawke: 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
@BoboYekini
You got it spot on.
The river has a source. Have they sent their personnel to investigate what stopped the flow up to the bridge?

Must we as a people describe every happening as spiritual. This explains why most religious outfits flourish.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by deolu2000(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
This could be a sign of "El nino effect" it's usally as a result of change in the climatic condition (by extension, global warming) which has a large effect on water bodies. One of the characteristics in some places include excessive increase in water level or in other places, drought or total dry up of a water bodies amidst several others.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by soloroyality(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
The gods are angry with them. This remands me of a river in my village, it flows under a bridge every seven year the water will over flow the bridge the year untill the appeal the gods. So as for ogun river, something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Timijo(m): 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
This is supernatural! How can a flowing river dried up in a rainy season period? Who can explain this?
The summary of this great wonder is for sinners to repent and accept Jesus into their lives. The saints should be encouraged to serve God the more because Jesus will soon appear in the sky to take away His own from this wretched world.
Lord Jesus, please count me worthy to go with you at your second coming.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Godwin616: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
CACAWA:
[size=28pt]Lagos Govt. is always responsive[/size]
...I concur moreso the fact that the incident falls within ogun state axis yet lagos state is more active both in public enlightment and monitoring.
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Arijude(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
simplynola:
Hope those omo oniles have not started eyeing that place. Their great grand father's property.
Ile baba baba mi ni...lol
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by papyskinsy: 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
dis is synonymous to what happened in de red sea as at moses tyme.. is jus dat all de water dried up frm ours grin
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Barezzi:

Too easy, i need that 10k...
It's the concatenation of the years 1998, 1999, 2000

You know it could also be 1898, 1899, 1900

I would have simply said the number 98, 99, (1) 00.

But that still make no sense, there seem to be a meaning behind the numbers. [ I could be over analyzing though ]

989900:

What does it mean?
Re: Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement by Trexnemesis(m): 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Somebody dey ride bicycle on top yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Reacts To Donald Trump's 'Lifeless' Comment About President Buhari. / MC Oluomo Being Rescued After He Was Stabbed At APC Rally / Jonathan With The Son Of Martin Luther King Jr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.