Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,474 members, 7,865,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

The Only Way To Eliminate Starvation, Poverty And Unemplyment In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Only Way To Eliminate Starvation, Poverty And Unemplyment In Nigeria (395 Views)

APC Is A Party Of Poverty And Shame - Femi Fani Kayode / There’s Hunger, Starvation In The Land, Northern Leaders Tell Buhari / Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Only Way To Eliminate Starvation, Poverty And Unemplyment In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
[b]Warning: This is a long 'epistle' so brace youself.
We want to know if you believe in this approach, and if you don't, please use the comments box below to air your view and better option(s)
Nigeria is still a great country that is blessed so much. Even the angels in heaven envies us. From the calibreof great people she has produced, to the massive minerals deposited herein, no doubt she is indeed a country to be proud of. Hardly can you see any state in Nigeria today that is not blessed with one or two minerals deposit. Crude oil, bitumen, gold, iron ore, lime stone, coal, to mention a few.
How have the mighty fallen ?
Why are we here?
What is the way out?
If we can answer this questions rightly, im sure Nigeria shall rise again in little or no time.
Sure, im a small boy and can boast of no experience. Be that as it may, i can also say i am very confident this and only single approach toalove Nigeria's problem ( for start ), and i know every Nigerian (well meaning) shall smile again.
This once great nation fell a little because we forgot our root over time. The proverb which says ' the river that forgot its origin shall dry up in no time.
Nigeria forgot agriculture- we ventured into rude oil like it was...... Well, im unhappy to tell you that that was our undoing and why we are where we are today.
Why we are still in our present position is because we are using a wrong prescription to to solve an ailment.
Today, Nigeria can boast of 30 mil youths unemploymemt.why? When we have the capability to feed more than half of Africa.
From failed immigration
to the massive police recruitment to efcc recruitment, and now N.power. Well i won't say these these programmes and approach aint good but they are not good enough.
What is the way out?
The only way out is to go backto what we left. I.e Agriculture.
The world needs food, no doubt about that.
We need to approach agriculture again, but now not not only in substantial quantity, but in commercial quantity.
The first we all need is food even as a family, all other things follow. Food even before security.
We have a massive uncultivated,virgin and fertile lands across the whole of Nigeria ( visit ogun and Benue state)
Yes, some won't like this approach especially youths.
Let the government acquire massive farmlands, build massive poultries, and many others.
Let youths apply for jobs (casual though) put them on these farmlands to till, plant, harvest and raise livestocks with the supervision of experts.
Let the newly organised peace corps handle the security sections so as to guard against theft of government properties. At the end, pay people based on hours/day/ or per week basis. Now i see people frowning at that ( Nigerians with GRQS.. Get rich quick syndrome)
This approach is viable, that im very hopeful, and in no time elimate unemployment, stravation, food scarcity. All these will be a thing of the past. After youths and able hands have something to do, yes we can move to other things.
Use the comment box below to criticize and support this approach, profer a better option.
Written by drabeey

[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Way To Eliminate Starvation, Poverty And Unemplyment In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2016

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Account Freeze: Will Fayose Be Impeached? / President Buhari Should Caution The EFCC - Gov. Mimiko / PHOTOS: Wife Of Gov. Ambode At International Widow's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.