Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? (12091 Views)

We Will Declare Niger Delta Republic On October 1 – Adaka Boro Avengers / FG Owing IMO And Abia States 9.7trillion Naira ( Proceeds From 42 Oil Wells ). / The Bad State Of Major Roads In Akwa Ibom And Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
What you need to know about the niger delta:
1)The Niger Delta is the delta of the Niger River sitting directly on the Bight of Biafra side of the Gulf of Guinea on the Atlantic Ocean inNigeria.

2)The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone",are two different entities.
The Niger Delta is the oil-producing region comprising of Bayelsa,Delta,Rivers,Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Edo,Imo and Ondo States(9 states).
While in the Nigerian South South is a geo-political zone comprising of Akwa Ibom,Bayelsa,Cross River,Delta,Edo and Rivers States(6 states)

3)subdivisions of the niger delta:

The western niger delta,consisting of Urhobo,Igbo,Isoko,Itsekiri,Ijaw(or Ezon) and Ukwuani groups in Delta State,along with Yoruba (Ilaje) in Ondo State.

The central niger delta,consisting of The Ijaw (including the Nembe-Brass, Ogbia,Kalabari people, Ibani of Opobo & Bonny,Okrika,and Andoni clans).The Ogoni and other groups which consist of Igbo,Etche,Ogba, Ikwerre,Ndoni,Ekpeye and Ndoki in Rivers State.

The eastern niger delta,consisting of Efik, Ibibio,Annang,Oron,Ogoja(including Ekoi and Bekwara) people, who are all related with a common language and ancestor.

Now to the question:
when Isaac Adaka Boro during Nigerian president Ironsi's administration, just before the Nigerian Civil War declared an independent niger delta republic..
The present day abia,Imo and ondo states where not among.
There have been agitations for niger delta republic recently,pending the stance of igbos in niger delta(which on a normal day should be decided by a referendum),are they going to include IMO,ondo and abia states in the proposed niger delta republic?

Note:am an Igbo from delta state
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_Delta

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by isaacputi(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ondo ke?

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
isaacputi:
Ondo ke?
Yeah,how does it feel to know that southwest's ondo will be lost,likewise southeast's IMO and abia states,assuming it's successful.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
Some yorubas and self acclaimed niger deltans have always supported the creation of niger delta republic without the igbos in it,will you be willing to sacrifice ondo?

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by TippyTop(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Niger Delta Republic is same as South South Republic.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
TippyTop:
Niger Delta Republic is same as South South Republic.
No,they are different even though they have states in common...fastfaward to the question's answer pls.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by TippyTop(m): 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

No,they are different even though they have states in common...fastfaward to the question's answer pls.
Am saying some of the Niger delta oil producing states makes up the proposed Republic of Niger Delta, am in agreement with the article.
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by babyfaceafrica: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lolz......
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by babyfaceafrica: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lolz......when the time is ripe...water always finds its level
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
TippyTop:

Am saying some of the Niger delta oil producing states makes up the proposed Republic of Niger Delta, am in agreement with the article.
Ok,it's an aspect we have all overlooked for a while.
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Lolz......when the time is ripe...water always finds its level
The time will not announce itself become it comes.
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by TippyTop(m): 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

Ok,it's an aspect we have all overlooked for a while.
Those outside our region maybe.
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by babyfaceafrica: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

The time will not announce itself become it comes.
that is if it will come at all...not all wishes are granted
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
that is if it will come at all...not all wishes are granted
The question is why are they still pushing for the republic when SE and SW states are involved?
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by vayne(m): 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
The hypocrites from SW will not come and answer the question now,but are quick to support imaginary niger delta republic..

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Mack3N: 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
Niger delta republic has always been dead on arrival,plus the inclusion of ondo,IMO and abia...that one is petrol on fire.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by babyfaceafrica: 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

The question is why are they still pushing for the republic when SE and SW states are involved?
mayb they are ignoramus?..who knows!!.....sw aint seeding ondo and se aint seeding imo...that's sure!!!!
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
i support nigerdelta republic but please remove ondo from your republic

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by vayne(m): 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
mayb they are ignoramus?..who knows!!.....sw aint seeding ondo and se aint seeding imo...that's sure!!!!
The yorubas must loose ondo,no two ways about it.you yorubas have always encouraged the division of igbos that you will rather support a niger delta republic against b1afra,forgetting that one of your states is among the proposed ND republic..
Sometimes it's good to have a too of your own iceberg ,you must lick your wound.
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by babyfaceafrica: 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
vayne:

The yorubas must loose ondo,no two ways about it.you yorubas have always encouraged the division of igbos that you will rather support a niger delta republic against b1afra,forgetting that one of your states is among the proposed ND republic..
Sometimes it's good to have a too of your own iceberg ,you must lick your wound.
k
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by vayne(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
hagmond1:
Why
You see what am saying

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
hagmond1:
Is there a particular reason why you don't want ondo to be among,even while it's among niger delta?
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
So why does it look like the SW supports the movement but doesn't want the inclusion of ondo?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by vayne(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

So why does it look like the SW supports the movement but doesn't want the inclusion of ondo?
Help me ask them o cheesy
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Kestolovee95(f): 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

The way I see it, nobody will be forcing anybody to live together. For the first time in the history of Africa since Tanzania (Tangayika and Zanzibar), people will be coming together VOLUNTARILY to form a country they will be proud of- whether Biafra or Niger delta republic. I don't see the Igbo forcing the Ijaw to stay with them by force and I don't see the Ijaws forcing the Efikman to do 'by force unity" with him. Everybody have learnt from the distateful Nigeria experience.
People can only work together when they agree and that is why nigeria can never work even in a billion years because there CAN NEVER BE A CONSENSUS, let's face it.

I have loved nigeria before, but my eyes have opened and I AND MY CHILDREN CAN NEVER BE PATRIOTIC TO THIS nigeria that is structured to make some people slaves and other masters. Nigeria's glory days are gone FOREVER and as humans we should start brainstorming on how to move apart peacefully without bloodshed, like real humans, not animals.

Adios nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by babyfaceafrica: 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

sorry please can you tell me the SW that support the movement?..please don't mention NL ..cos we know its easy to impersonate here
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
sorry please can you tell me the SW that support the movement?..please don't mention NL ..cos we know its easy to impersonate here
Well,it's no news that some yorubas both online/offline will do anything just to spit the igbos,even at their own detriment bro...#reality#

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

Is there a particular reason why you don't want ondo to be among,even while it's among niger delta?
(Niger)delta is geological term,ondo is a predominantly Yoruba state with ijaw villages on its waterways down south and am sure they(yorubas)won't trade been with their fellow Yorubas to a Niger Delta republic.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by babyfaceafrica: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
Kestolovee95:

The way I see it, nobody will be forcing anybody to live together. For the first time in the history of Africa since Tanzania (Tangayika and Zanzibar), people will be coming together VOLUNTARILY to form a country they will be proud of- whether Biafra or Niger delta republic. I don't see the Igbo forcing the Ijaw to stay with them by force and I don't see the Ijaws forcing the Efikman to do 'by force unity" with him. People can only work together when they agree and that is why nigeria can never work even in a billion years because there CAN NEVER BE A CONSENSUS, let's face it.

I have loved nigeria before, but my eyes have opened and I AND MY CHILDREN CAN NEVER BE PATRIOTIC TO THIS nigeria that is structured to make some people slaves and other masters. Nigeria's glory days are gone, As humans we should start brainstorming on how to move apart peacefully without bloodshed, like real humans, not animals.

Adios nigeria.

hmmm
Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Kestolovee95(f): 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

they support it because they think they can spite Igbos by supporting ND republic against Biafra, unfortunately for them, Igbos are also not fighting against ND republic, this still annoys them. grin grin

They thought Igbos will rush back to nigeria if they (yorubas and hausa) support ND republic out of hate for Igbo/Biafra, but Igbos are wiser, anything but slave camp Nigeria will satisfy Igbos even AmbazoniBiafra republic. grin grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by Thewrath(m): 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Kestolovee95:

The way I see it, nobody will be forcing anybody to live together. For the first time in the history of Africa since Tanzania (Tangayika and Zanzibar), people will be coming together VOLUNTARILY to form a country they will be proud of- whether Biafra or Niger delta republic. I don't see the Igbo forcing the Ijaw to stay with them by force and I don't see the Ijaws forcing the Efikman to do 'by force unity" with him. People can only work together when they agree and that is why nigeria can never work even in a billion years because there CAN NEVER BE A CONSENSUS, let's face it.

I have loved nigeria before, but my eyes have opened and I AND MY CHILDREN CAN NEVER BE PATRIOTIC TO THIS nigeria that is structured to make some people slaves and other masters. Nigeria's glory days are gone, As humans we should start brainstorming on how to move apart peacefully without bloodshed, like real humans, not animals.

Adios nigeria.

As for those of us in delta state's asaba,we are full blown igbos and hopefully,when the time comes,we would be included in the SE,I don't speak any other language apart from Igbo,merging me with any other ethnicity will mean wiping away my history.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Republic:ARE IMO,ONDO,and ABIA STATES part of the proposed republic? by babyfaceafrica: 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

Well,it's no news that some yorubas both online/offline will do anything just to spit the igbos,even at their own detriment bro...#reality#
mayb....we have lots of political and economic neophytes out there....my problem has never been breaking up...mine has been what will happen after that?...south sudan is not a good example!!..who ever wants to break out should think about it well....easier said than done!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University (Video) / Reno Omokri Celebrates His 43rd Birthday With His Family (Photos) / Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.