Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal (1546 Views)

Fayose Orders Demolition Of Mr Biggs Building Used As Criminal Hideout (photos) / I Have No Personal Account - Governor Aregbesola / How EFCC Traced 1.3billion NSA Funds To Fayose's Account In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by gen2briz(m): 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
By Rotimi Ojomoyela....

Ado-Ekiti-The personal account of the Governor of Ekiti State,
Mr Ayodele Fayose and that of his associates have been frozen
by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC).
Speaking at the premises of Zenith Bank, Ado-Ekiti, where he
had his personal account, the governor claimed that he had
gotten winds of plans by the Presidency to freeze his account
some days earlier.
A source at the Bank told the visibly surprised Governor Fayose
that his account was allegedly frozen on the order of the anti-
graft agency.
The Governor said, he had earlier issued a counter-cheque to
make withdrawal and was rejected by the bank located at
Onigari , GRA in Ado Ekiti, describing the action as criminal and
illegal.
Citing Section 308 of the 1999 constitution, Fayose said he
enjoys immunity as a sitting governor , urging the federal
government to fight corruption within the ambit of the law.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/efcc-freezes-fayoses-account-governor-describes-action-criminal-illegal/

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by funnynation(m): 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
Fayose no mind them.. Maybe they wan use your money threat ear. Na so EFFC bin wan freeze my account last week but after series of argument they left the account. Only for me to wake up and see that na dream I dey..

@Nairaland official comedian
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by lonelyhrt(f): 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by gen2briz(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
This welcome gift from baba to Fayose gidi gan ooo
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by SosaHD(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by druboon404: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Fayose fayose,I no tell you?...
Immunity ko,mumunity ni...
This is what we call"London Package".
Long live President Buhari
Long live Nigeria.
Ali Modu Sheriff be like...Lask week una dey laugh me abi?
Today na my turn

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by idupaul: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hmmm
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Businessideas: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
How does immunity affect your bank account if there's sufficient reasons to suspect that the money in your account are from the proceeds of crime?
You sold a piece of land in Abuja to the embattled Alex Badeh for N650million and investigation has since proven that the money Badeh paid you was stolen from the Nigerian Airforce and you want to quickly lavish the money shey?Immunity kor, immunity ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Businessideas: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
People are being arrested for collecting N40million from diezani and /or Dasuki, Fayose who collected stolen N650million now wants to be enjoying stolen money.Is that justice in your eyes?
When will you and your people face the fact that Buhari wasn't the one who kicked your hero, GeJ out, it was we Nigerians who kicked your hero out because his government was terribly corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by krasican(m): 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
Oti red.hahahaha.

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by gen2briz(m): 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
Make i dey watch how this season film go end
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by psucc(m): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
So the wrestling our president talked about was Fayose?
I hope he had a lot fitness test before trying that o!
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Aristo3146(m): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
You enjoy Immunity, not your bank account...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by amaechi1: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
funnynation:
Fayose no mind them.. Maybe they wan use your money threat ear. Na so EFFC bin wan freeze my account last week but after series of argument they left the account. Only for me to wake up and see that na dream I dey..

@Nairaland official comedian

Nice joke! What a way to diffuse stress without insulting anyone. Well done.
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Aristo3146(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
The immunity does not cover your bank account Mr. governor...
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
We wee not take this!
His bank akant must also enjoy immunity

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by amuokuko: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
No wonder Obiano complained his account was also frozen..

Seems they re freezing Governors account..

So all this handout money we paid into Obiano's account is now voice mail
Hope these lecturers won't say we did not buy their Hand-out...
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by funnynation(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
amaechi1:

Nice joke! What a way to diffuse stress without insulting anyone. Well done.
thanks for supporting my ministry
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Adesiji77: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
Wow!

Cc: lalasticlala, dominique
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by MosunmolaRufai: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2016
Please Fayose pay ur workers from other hidden account haba all this money for u alone!!!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's New Policy Fails Trending On Twitter (snapshots) / Unity Summit: Ndigbo Are Landlords, Can’t Leave Nigeria, Ohanaeze Youths Tell IP / I Collected N40,000 For Killing Oyo Lawmaker –suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.