Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Aregbesola: Governor Denies Ordering Muslim Students To Wear Jihabs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: Governor Denies Ordering Muslim Students To Wear Jihabs (646 Views)

Burial Photos Of Saratu Aregbesola, Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Mother / Grave Of Saratu Aregbesola, Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Mother (Photos) / Presidency Denies Ordering The Probe Of Emir Sanusi And Prof. Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola: Governor Denies Ordering Muslim Students To Wear Jihabs by cutekhalifa(m): 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
This is coming after Christian students in the state defiantly showed up in various schools with garments and robes.

The Governor of Osun state, Rauf Aregbesola has denied ordering female Muslim students to wear Hijabs (covering for female Muslims) to school.

This is coming after Christian students in the state defiantly showed up in various schools with garments and robes.

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) vowed to call out its members to oppose the order.

Speaking on the matter, Aregbesola said “Let me say this there is no official pronouncement on hijab. I have not ordered the use of hijab in schools and I challenge them to bring evidence.

“It might interest you that my wife does not use hijab, my daughter does not use hijab. So, I did not order the use of hijab.

“My view on Islam is why I am suffering unmerited persecution. My crime is that I struggle to be a good Muslim and not because I hurt anybody.”

Justice Jide Falola of the Osun state High Court on June 3, 2016, ruled that Muslim students can wear Hijabs in public schools, adding that it was part of their fundamental rights.

Re: Aregbesola: Governor Denies Ordering Muslim Students To Wear Jihabs by ashlyfab78(m): 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hijab or no hijab that one no be my own.....pay salary be my own.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: Governor Denies Ordering Muslim Students To Wear Jihabs by Lamzee(m): 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
ok
Re: Aregbesola: Governor Denies Ordering Muslim Students To Wear Jihabs by pilotab55(m): 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lie
Re: Aregbesola: Governor Denies Ordering Muslim Students To Wear Jihabs by Masculity(m): 12:01am On Jun 21, 2016
Nigerians are funny. Once it comes to 'sharing' we are all Nigerians but the poor masses are left with fighting one another.

May God forgive our men of God because they are our problems.

How I wish they would use their precious time and tell the looters to please return some parts of our money to build enough schools to avoid all this avoidable drama.
Re: Aregbesola: Governor Denies Ordering Muslim Students To Wear Jihabs by WATCHOVER(m): 12:33am On Jun 21, 2016
“My view on Islam is why I am suffering unmerited
persecution. My crime is that I struggle to be a good
Muslim --Aregbeshola.
Aregbeshola you're the cause of your problems.
Why must you allow your view for a religion be turned public? MuMu

(1) (Reply)

NAN CEO Mr. Bayo Adenuga On A Courtesy Visit To FRSC (pictures) / Police Begins Vitimisation Of Critics Over Leaked Video Exposing SEMA Officers O / Protest Over Looting Of Ekiti, Group Urge Fayose To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.