Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This (1509 Views)

3 Sectors With High Employment Rate Unemployed Graduates Should Consider / 3 Unemployed Graduates In One Family Get Federal Jobs Without Godfather / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hi there,

In a previous thread created by one luvlyADESUWA titled: "GRADUATES IN EDO; Lets Discuss Business" an idea to break out of the tradition of seeking jobs, particularly during this austere period, that would involve a lot of hard work for a ridiculous salary was conceived.

The idea is quite simple.

We are (unemployed or underemployed) graduates who instead of putting our hard earned resources into the business of another man and get paid an embarrassing amount as salary we have chosen to pool our resources: material and non-material, towards starting a joint stock business .

Here is a thought: Imagine 20 of us (which is the quorum i feel is suitable for now) contributing #5000 per month to a fund. By the end of a year, we would have contributed 1.2 million naira! With this contribution and the skills 20 of us have we can collaborate and form a joint stock business that could in 2-4 years from now take us above our current economic condition as business owners.

I trust some would be scared of putting their resources into a pool either because they would love to have control or would not want to risk doing business with persons other than known and close associates. I share these fears too but I fear being trapped beneath the poverty line even more and the risk involved in breaking forth with a group of persons with like minds is worth taking.

So i ask; if you are an unemployed or underemployed graduate with a degree or diploma in disciplines like: law, administration, management, finance, physical sciences, estate management and agriculture and you are interested in the idea of pooling your resources, no matter how little, with others like you, towards starting a business that would make us all owners of a joint stock business in a couple of years to come then feel free to go to the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/3174419/graduates-edo-lets-discuss-business

However I must add, that due to the fact that most of us that initiated this idea are located in Benin for different reasons, we have inadvertently decided to start with a business located in Benin (personally I believe the business can be in any state and location should not be an issue). Nevertheless, thanks to the world of the internet and social media, i believe locational constraints should not debar us from working with bright minds ready to break out of the unemployment situation in the country right now.

I believe the time has come for us as graduates to stop blaming the government, for crying out loud, and do something meaningful with our tertiary education. Necessity, they say, is the mother of innovation and right now the country is slipping into a depression thanks to the stupidity of our leaders in power since 1999! Necessity is upon us and innovation is the solution i propose (not the blame game).

I have suggested a quorum of 20 members and it would be great to have these members cut across different disciplines. So far 4 members have indicated interest and we now have a whatsapp group. Two of these members are engineers and the others are economists including myself!

So interested persons should go to the link stated below and introduce yourself (basically your name), your discipline, your phone number and state of residence and you will be promptly added to the whatsapp group. We apologize if it turns out that we are selective. It would be great to have a group of persons with disciplines that cut across those mentioned above.

https://www.nairaland.com/3174419/graduates-edo-lets-discuss-business

Best Regards.

Victor aka Benyeshua
Admin.
Group of Entrepreneurs
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 12:12am On Jun 22, 2016
Already we have 10 members who have declared interest...we need 10 more! So join in now that we still have room for more!
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
We now have 11 members, graduates from different disciplines, and there are spaces for only 9 more members...So if you are interested in our idea then join the train before it leaves the station!
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by kenendo55(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
Jacob Michael,masscommunication,09050622605
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hi Mike, it is nice to have you. You will be added promptly.
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by kayStelly(f): 2:54am On Jun 23, 2016
I dey come, let me finish this eba first
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 9:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Encouraging responses have been garnered from interested persons. We now need only 3 more participants and we are good to go into full swing discussions on the way forward...Decision making is risky but indecision could be riskier...So decide now!

Best Regards.
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by AK284(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2016
i am interested: knjide@gmail.com,07059833900
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
One more member is needed...one more and the gates will be shut till further notice! So who is it going to be?
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by harryshevy: 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Am interested boss harryshevy@gmail.com
Civil engineer
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 11:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
To all that participated we say a big welcome to you! However to those who might be interested but cannot join us as: we have reached the quorum we needed we want you to know that though the door is shut, we will not lock the door to the group as some members may exit the group of 21 for different reasons and we would be back to seek replacement!

As for the endless hordes of unemployed or underemployed graduates, i wish you all goodspeed in your hunt for jobs and professional endeavors.

Many Thanks,

Victor
Admin
Group of 21
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by Agbo2(m): 5:19am On Jun 24, 2016
In case you need one more member, please add daygee80@yahoo.com - 08032001435
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by cruz419(m): 7:51am On Jun 24, 2016
Incase u need one more member am also interested 08136096317, richardazukaego@gmail.com,
Richard,,
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by Gabbyraze(m): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2016
It's commendable and laudable. If the need arises,sure I am interested. alu Kenneth, computer science,08063871063
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2016
Thank you all for declaring interest in our nascent idea. Though we have reached our desired quorum, we shall save your contacts and add you on a first-come-first-serve basis in the event that any of the present members choose to leave.

Thank you for your interest, it is nice knowing that some Nigerians are in industrous.

Best Regards.
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 12:02am On Jun 26, 2016
cruz419:
Incase u need one more member am also interested 08136096317, richardazukaego@gmail.com,
Richard,,

Dear Richard, one of our members was inactive for some days and we have removed him from the group and have added you as a replacement...currently we are the stage of drafting our partnership deed or agreement! Please go to the group, introduce yourself (name, discipline, state of residence), download the general partnership agreement template uploaded to the group, read the template, make your amendments and upload it to the group for harmonization prior to the second reading.

Many thanks, Richard for your interest!

Best Regards,

Victor
Admin
Group of 21

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by kaybela: 6:41am On Jun 26, 2016
Am on waiting list 2 Kabir 09054717850 Comp Sci
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 11:33am On Jun 26, 2016
Dear Kabir,

I have added your contact to our archive and we shall consider your membership in the event that any our members exits for any reason.

Many thanks for your interest!

Victor
Admin
Group of 21
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by paulGrundy(m): 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
This group stuff is suspicious, smells like scam.
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
Dear Solomon Grundy,

It smells like scam doesn't necessarily mean it tastes like scam...your nasal perception may be playing tricks on you. The last time i checked, "the taste of the pudding is in the eating [not the smelling]"...Our members have their phone numbers on this thread and the thread created by luvlyADESUWA and they are there for you to verify, so instead of spouting erroneous insinuations do your investigations first!

Regards

Victor
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by delejames(m): 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
Can I add my self to the group?
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by Ademat7(m): 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
@victor a.k.a efficiencie job well done I must commend u,I wish u can document d establishment of d first quorum which will be a blueprint of doing such in Nigeria (eBook fit do but scammers hv mk pple become sceptical Abt anything E-whatever) by d way I love ur legal input
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by Chinexd22nd(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 11:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ademat7:
@victor a.k.a efficiencie job well done I must commend u,I wish u can document d establishment of d first quorum which will be a blueprint of doing such in Nigeria (eBook fit do but scammers hv mk pple become sceptical Abt anything E-whatever) by d way I love ur legal input

it is a pity that the online media has been used severally for ill purposes especially in Nigeria but we as graduates must find ways of availing the opportunities in our environment and not always blaming the government!

Thank you for your observation and complement. Goodwill is not easily earned and that was why i reacted in that manner to PaulGrundy's remarks.
Re: Unemployed Graduates Willing To Create A Joint Stock Business Should See This by efficiencie(m): 11:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
Chinexd22nd:
Just seeing this thread...: Chinedu, Chemistry, 07055972118

chinedu your contact has been archived and we will.consider you in the event that any of our members exit the group!

(1) (Reply)

Females Needed For Freisland Campina Instore Activation Job / N-power: See Why You Can't Complete Your Application / Customer Service Officer Needed At Vanaplus Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.