Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Singing A Praise Song Using Wrong Wordings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Singing A Praise Song Using Wrong Wordings (418 Views)

Lady Without Legs Backs Her Baby, Leads A Praise Session For God. Pics Go Viral / Post A Praise Giving Thanks To God Almighty - See Mine - Pictures / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Tasha Cobbs - Put A Praise On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Singing A Praise Song Using Wrong Wordings by rhodu: 7:07am On Jun 21, 2016
[b][/b] Do you know that the popular Nigeria christian praise song THE MOST EXCELLENCY IS JESUS... is a wrong lyrics to the song?
The right lyrics to the song is THE MOST EXCELLENT KING IS JESUS...
The former is grammatically incorrect. You use the superlative, MOST, with an adjective that describes a noun and not using it with a noun. The word EXCELLENT is an adjective describing the noun word, KING. Whereas, EXCELLENCY is a noun word.
I was guilty of this but I now better.
Now you know.

(1) (Reply)

MFM Clamps Down On Indecent Dressing / Basis Of Islamic Belief / Reno Omokri Backs Pastor Adeboye On New Teachings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.