Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal (29782 Views)

Ambode And Jimi Agbaje Meet At The Experience 2017 (Photo) / Ambode And Soyinka At Boxing Match Between Tinubu & Holyfield / Ambode And Bagudu Eating Lake Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by kikies(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ilu Eko....... oya GBERA!
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by iamDiabolic(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
johnjose68:

But They Developed US and UK too Now. Give it To Them!!

I dey Laf in Greek!

Developers Tribe Indeed!!!
u dy mind them,developers who refuse to develop themself nd there land.all they do is shout na we 99% of property in lagos

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by mrmetoo1: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
Oildichotomy:
[size=13pt]Hope the touted Eko Atlantic City project is still on course?

These proliferation of white elephants should be a source of concern for them sycophants
[/size]

Well judge for yourself, these are updates from the past month or so

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Eziokwu1: 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
hundredhundred:

Lolz. Abeg no finish all these loudmouthed flat heads.

Lol. They are my people o.
But I am getting particularly put off by some of them this morning.particularly Ndi Anambra.
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by hundredhundred: 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
Eziokwu1:

Lol. They are my people o.
But I am getting particularly put off by some of them this morning.particularly Ndi Anambra.

Oh sorry about my comment, just that some of your peeps are annoying.
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
CharliParker:
I pray so IMO MUST BE BETTER.
But IMO state money did not reach quarter that of Lagos state money

Yeah I know that. But let's consider some things, I don't know the accurate figure but I'm sure the money being used in raising statues in Owerri would have paid salaries of Workers even if for just two months..... What of the money spent on d fly-over at Okigwe.... I know t will b an abomination comparing IGR of IMO with that of Lagos, I just think Rochas should hold on, on some of the constructions n use d money to pay workers cos it's well fed workers that will go n snap pictures at Freedom square abi na Freedom arena, it's when they have fuel in their cars that they'll drive t around d tarred road n pass fly-over. By d way, I'm not sure but I'm asking, does IMO state also receive the 13% oil derivation whatever from federal government?

#IMO WILL BE BETTER#
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by abdulwastecx(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
bobkezel:
Hmmm, this seems like good news from the surface, but it is no good news. Dubai itself is yet to be a smart city, dubai's target of being a complete smart city is by 2020. And more than 95% of this will be made possible by expats. Dubai has no indegenous technological company to achieve a smart city. Why then would a blind lagos sign mou with a one eyed dubai. This will sure make the cost very high, and they won't get the best. Nigerians na real mumu.

Because they have the money to finance such a massive structure.... United Arab Emirates is a very small country with very small indigenous population, but they have the capital to import any type of technology, expertise, and know how from the west and east.

These partnership means Dubai group will finance and plan the project, it doesn't translate into them using their indigenous technology or man power to build you smart city.

The world is a big global village where capital is the only thing that matters, with lot of money you can build yourself a world class city in matters of years
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
CharliParker:
I pray so IMO MUST BE BETTER.
But IMO state money did not reach quarter that of Lagos state money

Yeah I know that. But let's consider some things, I don't know the accurate figure but I'm sure the money being used in raising statues in Owerri would have paid salaries of Workers even if for just two months..... What of the money spent on d fly-over at Okigwe.... I know t will b an abomination comparing IGR of IMO with that of Lagos, I just think Rochas should hold on, on some of the constructions n use d money to pay workers cos it's well fed workers that will go n snap pictures at Freedom square abi na Freedom arena, it's when they have fuel in their cars that they'll drive t around d tarred road n pass fly-over. By d way, I'm not sure but I'm asking, does IMO state also receive the 13% oil derivation whatever from federal government?

#IMO WILL BE BETTER#
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by bobkezel(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Because they have the money to finance such a massive structure.... United Arab Emirates is a very small country with very small indigenous population, but they have the capital to import any type of technology, expertise, and know how from the west and east.

These partnership means Dubai group will finance and plan the project, it doesn't translate into them using their indigenous technology or man power to build you smart city.

The world is a big global village where capital is the only thing that matters, with lot of money you can build yourself a world class city in matters of years

did you read the terms of the mou? How did you arrive to ur conclusion?
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by wheredemdey: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Bros what you call deserted we call peaceful. If we say we love Lagos it's minus the chaos. When Ibos go during Christmas, no joke you're almost praying they just decide to start developing their states and not come back. Everywhere is sane, no traffic, less crowded. Ok fine let's say you guys are the developers of Lagos but can we make a request, can you guys just stay put for a year in your place?? Please!! Don't worry after that year we'll be the ones begging you to come back.

You were also the one bragging your people are leaving your zone in the bus loads and that's something to be proud of?? Oh i understand what's going on, your zones are now like London, New York and Dubai so you guys want to come and help us, thanks but no thanks eh let's manage our brown roofs eh. Then i thought i lot of you keep shouting biafra, yet you keep running from your civil society to the zoo, this doesn't make sense sha. How can a man leave his beautiful house to go live in a zoo.. hmm!!

Hypocrites...why do u go to London??...how many yolobas are in London committing crimes self??..so why are u castigating the people coming to Lagos to eke out a living??...you see why nobody takes u and ur likes serious....
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by ayindejimmy(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
I like the part where they didn't mention how much will be used in the project. Trillions of naira I'm sure. A smart city in a dull country is quite useless if you ask me. Let those in power prioritize properly. However, I cannot deny the fact that Ambode is working. Of the 36 governors...I'll rank him between 1st and 4th.

Last I checked, the world is now a global village.
With a parochial eyes you see Lagos as a smart city in a dull country.
But it's a smart city in a fast growing world.
Lagos isn't moving with the pace of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by alaskido(m): 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
Increase and double taxation loading for Lagos residence grin grin
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
We Igbos are the one that developed Lagos
brown roof people will descend on you now cheesy grin
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by mrmetoo1: 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
wheredemdey:

Hypocrites...why do u go to London??...how many yolobas are in London committing crimes self??..so why are u castigating the people coming to Lagos to eke out a living??...you see why nobody takes u and ur likes serious....

You see yourself. No one is castigating anyone. You are the ones that keep saying you conquered Lagos and that people are coming in bus loads to continue the conquering. All I'm saying is, if you guys are such great conquerors, how come you haven't conquered your territory and developed it. You guys keep asking for separation but according to you, your people keep leaving your paradise to the zoo to "eke" out a living. To be honest i love the diversity of Lagos, i just don't like the hypocrisy and exaggerations from some of you guys that's all. I doubt any Yoruba man in London is claiming he made London, no matter how successful he gets over there.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
Excellent!

God Bless Lagos/Eko

God Bless Yoruba Land...

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by wristbangle: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
buharisbae:
The only brown loof govt that is working

keep it up!

Ogun gov is also doing his best.

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by tundexijim(m): 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
wheredemdey:

Igbos ar gala sellers....agreed

So who are the alabarus,the paraga sellers...the rat and mosquito killer sellers??...the dirty bus drivers and conductors...plus the agberos and all the nuisance in OUR LAGOS??...guess they are from mars abi

And lemme school you....every Igbo man does not support biafra....we have already conquered LAgos state so what else do we need??.....we are like Army generals that conquer enemy territories and take the spoils of war home...hence the reason Lagos is usually deserted during Xmas season because Igbo people have gone home to enjoy the spoils of war and money they made in OUR LAGOS.

if u think u already conquered, come out and contest for a political post in lagos and see if ur history book will not be open for the whole world to see..5% always feeling important..

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by iamDiabolic(m): 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
tundexijim:

if u think u already conquered, come out and contest for a political post in lagos and see if ur history book will not be open for the whole world to see..5% always feeling important..
my brother u wicked oh,must you use 5% for them,so u mean dem no reaxh 5% again.I don't blame them,I blame d yoruba's dat vote an igbo in yoruba land.they should keep killing themselve politically with there dumb bragging

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by iamDiabolic(m): 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2016
yakubuadeiza:

Why u no go develop ur own palm tree region?
hahaha finally I gave those miserable people from land of d sinking sun a name
They call us brown roof republic,meanwhile they are palm tree roofed republic,full of bend down nd enter house
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by wheredemdey: 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
tundexijim:

U lack information....check out the representatives in the house of assembly and federal houses....then revert
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by tundexijim(m): 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
wheredemdey:

U lack information....check out the representatives in the house of assembly and federal houses....then revert

oya mention them...
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by ycat: 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Lagos will never fail, that's as sure as tomorrow.

There's NEVER been anything like 'collective heritage' between strangers and the native, there's no such thing between different groups of people of different ancestry especially in Africa. You can pretend to have it but the reality is, it doesn't exist.

Heritage means heritage, it means legacy, patrimony, inheritance. It means what no one can take from you, no matter what.

You can't have a heritage by the whiskers like you do, it has to be fully in your grip. You have to be Yoruba to have Lagos as heritage. Every inch of land in Lagos has Yoruba family name and history attached to it.

So you have to pray hard that Nigeria remains one or else you will need visa to visit this your "my finger almost touched it" heritage.

wheredemdey:
Our Lagos will not fail

Our pride and collective heritage....our general patrimony...built by all...developed by all...inhabited by all...ruled by all....our Lagos...home for all.

God bless our Lagos...

God bless Ambode.....

Ambode is making headway...dwarfing all the fake achievements of that mega tribalist...that white haired failure that used millions to drill borehole...that failure of a minister.....Ambode has shut up the clown in just one year....priceless

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by wheredemdey: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
tundexijim:

oya mention them...

Funny guy....an acclaimed omo eko doesn't know those representing him....shame...
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ajibel:

Did you miss where Ambode said this: He said: ” A smart-city Lagos will be the pride of all Lagosians just as we have smart city Dubai, Smart-City Malta and Smart-City Kochi (India). We are encouraged by the fact we do not, as a government, need to develop at a slow pace, but take full advantage of the digital age and fast track development of Lagos to a real megalopolis that we can all be proud of.”

Let's do away with this mentality and believe that things/ developments can be done simultaneously.

If I should ask you, what should be the priority of the government that they are not or havent thought about doing?

You say a smart city in a dull country, but we are talking about Lagos here where everything is possible and achievable.
Excellent reply. Brilliant bro. Finally...I don't know of a country were all the cities grew at the same pace.
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by ba7man(m): 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Funny enough, the Niger Delta states already recieve enough money to afford these projects Lagos state embarks on............ but where the money disappears to in the creeks, the people never ask or try to find out.

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Alanguru: 5:56am On Jun 22, 2016
smart city ke? with which light?
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by tbaba1234: 6:31am On Jun 22, 2016
Oildichotomy:
[size=13pt]Hope the touted Eko Atlantic City project is still on course?

These proliferation of white elephants should be a source of concern for them sycophants
[/size]

Eko Atlantic City is still on...

1 Like

Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by SirdimayG(m): 7:39am On Jun 22, 2016
engrhorla:

No we did not

grin cheesy grin

Coz the current government is not doing anything for now
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by SirdimayG(m): 7:42am On Jun 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Ogun gov is also doing his best.

Can u highlight what he has been doingdoing angry
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
if na my state governor. let build were they will sale pepper & cow. inibkule
Re: Ambode And Dubai Sign Smart City Deal by incometrader(m): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2016
This is the best time to invest in landed properties around the Ibeju-Lekki axis as the #SmartCityLagos will result in drastic development of Ibeju-Lekki. Buying a plot of Land in a good location is still very affordable now, 1.5m - 3m NGN, five years from now and it will be a whole different story. Half-plot available so no excuse not to be part of this industrial city. Land here appreciate at an amazing rate, A land we sold at 600k in October 2015 is being sold at 2.5M in June 2016. These lands are DRY lands and a lot of development is already going on in the area.
Ø The New International Airport
Ø The Lekki deep Seaport which will be the deepest in West Africa and when started will be completed in 39 months [Guardian Newspaper 9/5/2013]. Also note that Nigeria has no deep seaport, ships do not berth at Apapa for your information.
Ø The Eleganza Industrial city. This will be a conglomeration of industries all in one place. This is been built in partnership with Eleganza and its almost 50% completed.
Ø The Lekki Free trade zone
Ø The Permanent site for Pan Atlantic University formerly known as Pan Africa University, Lagos Business School.
Ø St Augustine University (The first Catholic University in West Africa)
Ø Insignia (Makers of indomie Noodles and power oil)
Ø Coscharis Motors Showroom
Ø New proposed 4th Mainland bridge (Agreement has been signed already and 100Million have been released for the project)
Ø Two Golf courses
Ø Dangote Refinery and fertilizer plant
Ø Beach resorts (Eleko Beach, Lagos Private Golf Beach resort, La campagn Tropicana and many more?

I am a Real Estate Consultant, contact me on 08066505627. Follow me @IgnatiusUkwuoma www.twitter.com/ignatiusukwuoma

Brooksville Courts is currently N2.5m. Become a Landlord now and make millions later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Governors Resolve To Seek Ekweremadu’s Removal As They Meet With Buhari / How Osinbajo Failed Robert Greene's1st Law Of Power "Never Outshine Your Master" / A Soldier Posted To Maiduguri Since 2014 Thanks God After 4 Years In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.