Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? (12563 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Italian Arraigned For Defrauding Zenith Bank Of N717m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by anon101(f): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2006
no
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by babyboy2(m): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2006
Ccheck their website. If you do not get the info there, call their line.
It might be better though getting a trusted friend or relation in Nigeria to do it for you.
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2006
I think it would be difficult, i tried it once but ended up opening one with my relatives detail, I called them and they told me to come in - duhhh

I opened a gtb account after sending details to my an older relative. but their internet acess don't work they'l probably send you new password every week but it wont work!

UBA/standard bank started this Non Resident Nigerian NRN one but i don't know much about it, [b]they have an office in New York

http://www.ubaplc.com/newubaplc/defaultNRN.asp
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by egoldman(m): 7:51am On Nov 29, 2006
blacknbold:

any info

what kind of account do u want to open with zenith bank ? if its savings account i think its easy ,i have a friend here (india) that wants to open account with zenith bank in nigeria,his brother has gone to the bank and they need was for him to fill the forms ,sign them and send or fax them to zenith bank and they will do the rest ,
but as is said this is for savings account ,i also do not think that individual current account might be that hard to open from outside nigeria,if u have a relation that u trust they can open a joint account for both of you .
anyway here is a link to savings account form of zenith bank http://www.zenithbank.com/savings%20account%20form.pdf

thanks .
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by tinard(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2006
Call 08023140359 and ask for Bazil. He'll help you open an account He did it for me and said he'll help any body abroad as well. However you do need #50000 but you can withdraw everything immediately. The company just has rules that you need at least that amount. Howevee, it is also the only bank that will allow you to withdraw everything to the last kobo in any one day.
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by tinard(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2006
Call 08023140359 and ask for Bazil. He'll help you open an account He did it for me and said he'll help any body abroad as well. However you do need #50000 but you can withdraw everything immediately. The company just has rules that you need at least that amount. Howevee, it is also the only bank that will allow you to withdraw everything to the last kobo in any one day.

http://www.zenithbank.com/savings%20account%20form.pdf
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by anon101(f): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2006
u have all been great .
thanks
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by Omoboy(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2006
My sister no thank the person o he might be 419 Bigtime why did i say that - he should have given u the bankx number not a 419 ncounterparts number be very veryu carefull Dont fall into thier waiting hands.
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by tinard(m): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2006
Easy you idiot i was trying to kill two birds with one stone. She will get an account opened for her and the person also has another record of introducing a new customer to the company. If she wants to open an account and doesn't get anything say she is opening or she has opened. She shouldn'e release her money. Of all the wys to cheat people out of their money. You think it will be opening an account that one will make money.

At leaset you'll open the account first.
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by egoldman(m): 5:07am On Jan 19, 2007
am also interested in opening a zenith bank account too and i live outside the country,i will try to call that brasil number to see what hes got to offer .
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by Ndipe(m): 6:00am On Jan 19, 2007
For those interested in opening an account in Nigeria, have you ever thought of the financial loss you may be subjected to, in case the bank decides to close its doors for good? Look before you leap. I know of at least one Nigerian lady based here, who lost her money because the bank was closed for good. Please watch out.

P/S: What is so attractive in opening an account in Naija by the way? I think that the yields gained from investing in a mutual fund would be higher than that of the bank back home. \
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by egoldman(m): 8:08am On Jan 19, 2007
how long when ur friend lost her money ,was it b4 or after the recent bank consolidation ?
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by Ndipe(m): 8:10am On Jan 19, 2007
Dunno, but this incident, may have happened either in the 80's or 90's. But seriously, why would you invest in Nigeria, (that is open a bank account) when banks in Nigeria have a history of instability? What if they go under, you may lose your money, because of unaccountability.

Just my 2 cents.
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by egoldman(m): 8:45am On Jan 19, 2007
yeah banks may go under just like any other institution (enron ? grin grin ) and when was the last time that nigerians banks failed ? seems like u have realy been out of touch with events in your country for too long wink wink
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by 4Play(m): 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2007
@egoldman
There is one compelling reason why a person living abroad should not bank in Nigeria unless where necessity demands

Inflation.

Inflation in Nigeria is in double digits,hence even taking into consideration the bank's interest rates,it means that every year the real value of your money is depreciating

1 million naira this last year could be 900,000 this year and and in 5 years u could lose half the value of your money without knowing it.Technically ,u still have 1 million naira,but it can buy less

NB:The last consolidation exercise meant that a lot of Nigerians lost their money in the bank.Didn't the footballer,Jay Jay Okocha lose about £4 million (1 billion naira) in some Nigerian banks.
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:55am On Jan 21, 2007
NB:The last consolidation exercise meant that a lot of Nigerians lost their money in the bank.Didn't the footballer,Jay Jay Okocha lose about £4 million (1 billion naira) in some Nigerian banks.
that was prior to the consolidation exercise wasnt it?

I think when the banks start using internet banking properly, then people wont have to go to those money transfer agents anymore,  you can simply transfer money online straight to their account.

and when your going to nigeria you wont need to take soo much cash on you you can transfer it straigh to your account in nigeria
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by egoldman(m): 4:48am On Jan 21, 2007
that was prior to the consolidation exercise wasnt it?

actualy this was what i was trying to make for play understand ,how many of them banks in nigeria after the consolidation have failed ? or put it this way ;who would deposit 25 billion naira with the cbn and still be playing games knowing fully well that nay Bleep means they would their deposits ? no it doesnt make sense for any of them bank to try anything funny now .
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by 4Play(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2007
If am not mistaken the bank consolidation was concluded in 2005,less than 2 years ago,and you guys are already saying that banks have not failed since.How many banks did u expect to fail within that brief period

Banks fail all over the world including the UK and Nigeria would be no exception.The only difference is that when they fail in Nigeria depositors are not guaranteed their money back

If you think that some of the rosy financial pics being painted by banks is actually accurate then maybe u have been outside Nigeria for too long.A lot of the banks depend on money laundering and this makes some of them even more vulnerable.

Always bear in mind that the financial results announced in Nigerian coys are not always what they are cracked up to be.The capital maintenance rules are poorly implemented as well.
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by promise72(m): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2007
hey guys,

y una all dey behave like small pikins grin

Nowadays, u can always check online 2 see ur balance andknow whats goin on.
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:27am On Jan 24, 2007
yes thats true i think thats the only thing you can do though, undecided

O' G' ?
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by egoldman(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2007
i still ask this ,since the consolidation ,how many banks have failed in nigeria ?
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by 4Play(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2007
@egoldman

I just explained to you that the consolidation only happened less than 2 years ago so it is not yet time to declare that we are safe from bank failures.Bank failures will always happen.

Being able to monitor your account online won't protect it from the erosional effects of double digit inflation
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by saintchux(m): 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2007
To open a zenith bank a/c from abroad.

How are you going to fund the account - ie deposit money into the account.
Is it going to be a dollar, pound or naira account?

I assume naira account.

go to

http://www.zenithbank.com/contactus.cfm

or send mail to enquiry@zenithbank.com

enjoy
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by saintchux(m): 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2007

Please don't go through a third party. Just log on to this site, you will see all the telephone number to get any department of the bank. You will be attended to.

Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by superman(m): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2007
na waa oo!

god help some nigerians for good! amen amen
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 26, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked ooo boy shine ur eyes well, no send ur money give person ohhhhhhhhhhh saintchux nah big thief man abeg run 4 ur lifeoooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.no go pay maga
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by zebudaya(m): 3:18am On Jan 26, 2007
@egoldman

oh boy wetin u de do for india? u get power oooooo
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by saintchux(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2007
jayon:

shocked shocked shocked shocked ooo boy shine your eyes well, no send your money give person ohhhhhhhhhhh saintchux nah big thief [/b]man abeg run 4 your lifeoooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.no go pay maga

Something must be wrong with you!!! [b]Na you be the big thief
Please read b/4 you reply

Please if you are interested in opening a/c with zenith bank. Visit the site as I said you will be given directives on how to open a/c with zenith bank from where ever you are in the world. Now zenith bank just operate in Nigeria and Ghana.

Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by egoldman(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2007
zebudaya:

@egoldman

oh boy wetin u de do for india? u get power oooooo

aah ,me be okoro boy hustler ,abi indian no be place ? grin grin but no place like home though grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by superman(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2007
how india de self! make i yarn my indai freind at work make u tell me brother
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by Mamajama(m): 2:36am On Feb 01, 2007
NO way you have to phisically work in to the bank to opened an account, but you can have a domiciliary account that you can managed on line, do not listen to all this people telling you to call one person or the order, they are all 419ers
Re: How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? by aaaa: 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2007
there is a new product a friend told me about at Bank PHB,the Nigerian in Diaspora Account(NIDA).it is for Nigerians living abroad.you can check it out at
http://www.bankphb.com/live/nida.asp. i recently opened an account with them and i believe they are okay.they 've won a couple of awards recently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement / Worries Over Increasing Beer Parlours In Lagos - FRSC / Binance Says 30% Of Blocked Account Cases Are Law Enforcement-Related

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.