Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:21 AM

Why Big Brother Africa May Not Be Coming Back - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Big Brother Africa May Not Be Coming Back (1717 Views)

5 Reasons Why Big Brother Nigeria Is Fake / Here's Why Big Brother Naija House Is In South Africa / Why Big Brother Nigeria Is Making A Come Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Big Brother Africa May Not Be Coming Back by miteolu(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
By now you possibly have noticed that for a second year running, hugely popular pan-African show, Big Brother Africa (BBA), is not happening in 2016.
According to a statement from Mnet, the show is still under evaluation and thus not part of the upcoming programming schedule.

But other schools of thought say the show is not coming back because of financial issues. It is said that with dwindling ratings, the show lost advertisers and it became hard to run an expensive show.
Wasike told The Observer, "I think the show has failed because it failed to have a follow- up program that would have the previous contestants be looked upon as people that society would aspire to be. When you are out, it's back to being in a jungle, yet you have been put up there in public."

In his view, people did not see the value of actually being in the house, thus the failure to get suitable candidates. Other contestants, however, have Big Brother to thank for transforming their lives. Gaetano was catapulted to continental TV fame thanks to BBA.
At the moment, two things are certain: a full rebrand and strategizing of the show; if not, then the station would have killed the goose that laid the golden eggs. For now, South Africa has had national seasons of its own Big Brother, as has Angola.

http://omoboriowo..com.ng/

Re: Why Big Brother Africa May Not Be Coming Back by Oliviaxx(f): 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
I see
Re: Why Big Brother Africa May Not Be Coming Back by ify84(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2016
Better. Such a useless show should stop.

1 Like

Re: Why Big Brother Africa May Not Be Coming Back by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
I badly miss this show yet appreciate the hiatus, it was the FA league for non-soccer viewers.
The past few days have felt empty because the emotional release I get associated with the program has not been met. Also it's around this time of the year the show takes place hence the sudden crave.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Watch Zeeworld? / 93 Days Movie Review: A Movie By Steve Gukas / Movies & TV Shows on Live NetTV XYZ Official Android App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.