Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) (18246 Views)

As Arase Bows Out… No DIG May Succeed Police Chief / As Arase Bows Out... No DIG May Succeed Police Chief / IGP Solomon Arase Bows Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Babzrockman: 7:44am On Jun 22, 2016
When Jonathan appointed M.D Abubakar from the rank of AIG no one complain ooo. Why complaining now that someone is appointed from d same rank under Buhari? The earlier some of u realise that dis is not campaign period d better.

Meanwhile, Arase is my favourite IGP of all time. I too like the man abeg
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Onabanj(m): 7:45am On Jun 22, 2016
I pray that the new IGP succeed in this present dispensation we are in Nigeria. And for posterity sake he must not allowed himself to be used by anyone.
I wish him gooodluck
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Nnemuka(f): 7:47am On Jun 22, 2016
Harwoyeez:
don't always see things from religious or ethnic angle, good morning
i think you should be telling your president this? he needs to stop making appointments based on tribe and religion.
or you dont see anything wrong with his appointments so far?
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by SmithHumble50: 7:47am On Jun 22, 2016
oh...
tho its bound to happen..
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Nnemuka(f): 7:51am On Jun 22, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

This usually happens when a new IG is appointed from the ranks of the AIG'S.....all the DIG'S and AIG 'S senior to him are immediately retired.

Nothing to do with North vs South.....(especially as the new IG is a Nupe man...a northern minority...so not core north).

Please dont tell me the DIG's are too old to become IG because the comptroller General of custom was also an old retired personnel before he was recalled to head custom.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Olalan(m): 7:56am On Jun 22, 2016
It's following protocol, happens in all the forces when a junior is made the biggest boss. As per northern dominance we might not be able to help it cause they have more numbers in the public sector. Just as you have the south dominate the private sector.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by aksule(m): 7:57am On Jun 22, 2016
How l wish those telling us now that it's irrelevant where you come from or which religion does the new appointments practice in this administration will be around to repeat this same statement when the table turns.
Of course Nigerians are very funny country that forget easily or pretend to forget the recent past and shamelessly started singing another tune when events were not in his favour. The recent adjustment in the petrol price is a pointer.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by aksule(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2016
How l wish those telling us now that it's irrelevant where you come from or which religion does the new appointments practice in this administration will be around to repeat this same statement when the table turns.
Of course Nigerians are very funny people that forget easily or pretend to forget the recent past and shamelessly started singing another tune when events were not in his favour. The recent adjustment in the petrol price is a pointer.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by jude90(m): 8:24am On Jun 22, 2016
the tyrant is back
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by SurewayBookings: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2016
Nnemuka:
Of what use is it to work for government ?
I mean how can you be retired instead of being promoted simply because you're not a core muslim northerner?

Allah kiyaye

I really don't get your point. This man got to the peak of his career as a police officer. Where should they promote him to again. He was appointed by Goodluck Jonathan and Buhari also left him to serve because he was already due for retirement just as it happened.

Don't get it twisted, he was not retired by the government, he was already due for retirement.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Sunnynwa: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2016
nerodenero:
May we not be overlooked for our junior to progress, amen.

May our seniors be overlooked for us to progress, Amen.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by SurewayBookings: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2016
Nnemuka:

Please dont tell me the DIG's are too old to become IG because the comptroller General of custom was also an old retired personnel before he was recalled to head custom.

Its just the normal police practice. They all will retire with him.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by precious1967(m): 9:37am On Jun 22, 2016
our govt shld think of all d resources bn spent on our forces instead of retiring them b4 their retirement age or service. i wish arase happy retirement life despite dt he reintroduc road blocks indirectly. i welcome d new igp also he shld pls remove all d road blocks from our roads.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Nnemuka(f): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2016
SurewayBookings:

Its just the normal police practice. They all will retire with him.
ok thanks for enlightening me. thought it was one of the many Buharia's annoying legacy.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by bashydemy1: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2016
Nnemuka:

i think you should be telling your president this? he needs to stop making appointments based on tribe and religion.
or you dont see anything wrong with his appointments so far?
WHat is wrong with the appointment my lady? In Government, You don't give sensitive position that has to with securities to your people who hate you with passion..

How many Yoruba did GEJ appoint into big position that jave to do with securities?
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by bashydemy1: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2016
Nnemuka:

In an appointment by a president, Age, region etc does not matter what matter is loyalty and someone who will always completement your work.. Mind you alot of Notherners are among the DIG's too but he choose AIG.

Mind you GEJ did worse than this.
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by ijebu2020: 11:11am On Jun 22, 2016
So where is Joseph Mbu......
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by saintmark88(m): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2016
Nnemuka:
Of what use is it to work for government ?
I mean how can you be retired instead of being promoted simply because you're not a core muslim northerner?

Allah kiyaye

God help u and your irrational way of thinking!!!.... Was d out going IG a muslim or a northerner or is d present chairman of the police service commission a northerner or a muslim!!..... U guys have beclouded ur sense of reasoning with bigotry, envy, hatred..... Karma is a butch, it will always come back to hunt u guys
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by SucreB: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
OneManLegion:
I know some daft balloon-head will not read the article and not see where it's clearly stated that the replacement DIGs will come from the 6 geo-political zones in this country; those are the folks who'll start wailing about some "nothernisation policy", indeed, those are the accursed people of this earth for their psychology has been reversed such that good news makes them sad and bad news gives them joy.

Don't be like 'em.
..... na toady?
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by skypeople(f): 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seen
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Fadahunsi(m): 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
What about AIG Joseph Mbu?? I no see his name for d list nah....abi him time never reach to go ni??
Re: Six DIG To Be Retired As Arase Bows Out (Vanguard) by Ayopedro(m): 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
AIG's too are going massive change in police

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai And Wife Celebrate 31-Year Wedding Anniversary / Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi / Dogara Meets With APC Lawmakers Over House Of Representatives Speakership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.