Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? (6010 Views)

Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome / Are Burial Ceremonies Bible-Based Or Pagan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
confused christians. dont even noe wat u r preaching. undecidedtongue
Re: Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? by StOla: 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
lepasharon:

Which gospel r they spreading They r not spreading the true gospel of The BIBLe!!
catholic church is the one responsibe for spreding the false christian doctrine of:
JEsus as God
The virgin Birth
The trinity
these r all FALSE and Unbiblical
THey do this beacuse they worship pagann gods!They get u to beleive the virgin birth beacause they r trying to liken Jesus(his name is nt even Jesus) to a female deity who gave had a virgin birth,semarimis
the catholic church is the one responsible for removing the 14 books from the bible,The apocrypha because of the truth in it,das why some pplk dont undastand the bible!
i dont know why they hiding under the umbrella of christianity becasue that is nt wat dey beleive in they should just ditch the Bible nd go ahead with their satanic worship nd stop fooin demselves.
dose of u who r protestants dissing the catholc church should remember u came out the catholic hurch nd took along their false doctrines!
Sunday worship,
The virgin birth,
the trinity
Godship of Jesus
Easter
christmas
New year, argh!so many!! nd just remember you r carrying an incomplete bible tongue

You should know the bible did not land from the moon. The same Catholic church put it together(New Testament). So I want to believe that you only hold on to the old testament, because if you adhere to the teachings in the same new testament made scripture by the Catholic church, then you are one confused woman.

As for the Apocrypha(Deutero-Canonical) books u mentioned, Maybe you don't know its the Catholic church that insist on it as scripture, when Protestantism rejects it. So on this point, you're mighty confused. So a catholic bible with the Apocrypha/Deutero-Canonical books is the complete bible? Yes, Catholics know that, they assembled it!

That you doubt the virgin birth or trinity, exposes that you are practicing anti-christianity, yet you want to preach to us. Your type have a set of religious beliefs outside of Christian tradition and the scriptures, so u claim that any biblical scripture opposing your heretical philosophies was inserted by Catholics. Your religious beliefs are better aligned with Judaism, because I strongly believe you also doubt the Resurrection.

As for Sunday worship, Christians have no business adhering to Jewish traditions/religion. Christianity has no place for the Sabbath, for the law you still adhere to has long passed away. Hence, worship has no dependency on the Sabbath. So when you say unbiblical, are you referring to Jewish law, or the new covenant in Christ wherein the Sabbath is ordinary? Do you have any grasp at all of the letters of Paul? Are you a Jew or a Gentile?

Maybe you should come out of the umbrella of Christianity, and declare you are anti-Christ!
Re: Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? by StOla: 2:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
lordimpaq: one, yes there were very many insane popes, which "christian" in his right frame of mind would burn someone on a stake because he/she refuses to accept a particular doctrine(catholic doctrine),

the worst atrocities in these world were committed by the church, under the command of the "vicar of the son of God" who else, but the pope himself,

the church had enormous power during those years, so if the church says this, who dares to oppose them,

do u know that this same church, banned people from using the bible, do u know that some bibles were burnt, claiming that they were writings of heretics, do u know that people were ex communicated because they asked questions concerning the churches doctrine,

Thank God for people like martin luther who pasted the 95 theses questioning the christian doctrine,

when questions are posed to catholics as regards their religion they fail to answer because they don't even know,

why in heavens name are they not encouraged to bring their bibles to mass, do u know the mass is a predetermined script for the entire year, ?

the gospel you will read for 13th sunday of 2006 is the same gospel that have been read on the 13th sunday of every freakin year, jeez,

like i would always say, God help us all to make the right decisions,

Dude, even the Protestantism that came out of Catholicism also burnt people at the stake for not accepting their own version of protestant doctrine!!!

Michael Servetus comes to mind, he was burnt by Swiss Calvinist in Geneva a teeming protestant(Calvinist) city, for being an anti-trinitarian. His teachings were condemned by both the Catholics and protestants like John Calvin, Melanchthon and yes Martin Luther.He was siezed just after listening to a public sermon by John Calvin.

John Calvin had this to say "Servetus has just sent me a long volume of his ravings. If I consent he will come here, but I will not give my word; for if he comes here, if my authority is worth anything, I will never permit him to depart alive"

Calvin had this to say of Michael Servetus' trial "I hope that sentence of death will at least be passed on him; but I desired that the severity of the punishment be mitigated."

All of these shows you that such gruesomeness on account of religion, was the civilization of that time. Religion, whether Catholicism or Lutheranism or Anglicanism or Calvinism, were mostly advanced by state imposition, with death a penalty for non-conformists within their goegraphical sphere of influence.

The church of England(Anglican) also burnt whomever was condemned as a heretic, the Puritans also wrecked enough havoc. This was regarded as a soul cleansing ritual for a condemned heretic to allow for salvation. So we should just be happy for human rights we now enjoy as advanced by men of the enlightenment. The religious turmoil in Europe allowed for humanist to finally influence the direction of world affairs, and affirming that religion was of conscience not by state imposition.

Concerning the Catholic Mass and use of bulletins, you rightly said the same readings will be repeated on a particular day/Sunday of every year. Perhaps you do not know that this structured reading allows the bible, both old and new testaments to be mostly covered every year! More like a read your bible in one year goal. Enough of this fallacy of Catholics don't read bibles, why else would they have assembled it and authorize it as scripture?
Re: Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? by Elbron(m): 12:22am On Aug 15, 2020
Please nairaland viewers should avoid the investment platform known as eu_ investment it is a scam..collecting bitcoins with the promise of given some percentage as profit daily..beware

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babs787, Where Did The Qur'an Say So? / Can A Church Change One's Character? / What Is Buddhism And How Can It Help Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.