Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari (1317 Views)

Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War / Ile Ife Crisis: El-Rufai Warns Those Calling For Revenge In Kaduna / Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that anyone who witnessed the civil war between the now rested Sovereign State of Biafra and Nigeria will never clamour for its return.
He said, “Nigeria is a one united nation, which can never be divided by anybody’s selfish interest.”

Buhari, therefore, called on his Ministers and indeed, Nigerians at large to pray for the country.

The President noted the month of Ramadan as a special time when God listens and answers prayers of the faithful.

He gave this charge Tuesday night while breaking fast with members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), mainly his Ministers at the presidential banquet hall of the Aso Villa, Abuja.

His words, “It strengthens our resolve to build our country to make it stronger and to make sure that the incoming generations are sufficiently motivated to be patriotic.

“It is no news that we are the biggest country in Africa, we are the economy engine of Africa, which are true by the way. But, we must always be patriotic in our dealings with others.

“This (Ramadan) month of prayers and service to God, let us keep on these prayers all the times, believing that God in His infinite mercy will listen to our prayers, give us peace, security and better the economy once more, so that we can quickly rebuild and even do more for the country.

“Let me assure that the time of Ramadan is making us more conscious of what leaders at every level ought to do, and leading the people is not a joke. It means accepting responsibilities for good or wrong,’’ he said.

He further recalled the economic challenges and the agitations for the sovereign state of Biafra.

President Buhari reminded the agitators of the Nigerian Civil war that claimed over 2 million lives.

“We need a lot of prayer. Certainly, with the nation’s economy going down. We haven’t developed the agriculture; we are still trying to talk on those who will come and develop the solid mineral for us.

“The militants in their various homes, we need to reflect very seriously on what happened between 1967 and 1970 where about two millions Nigerians lost their lives.

“And at that time, as young military officers, you hardly heard of anything about petroleum or whatever money you got from it.

“Look at what Gen. Gowon said; `To keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done’ and every soldier whether he has been to school or not knew what the General meant.

“But, we were quarreling with our brothers, we were not fighting an enemy and then somebody is saying that once again he wants Biafra.

“I think this is because he was not born when there was Biafra. We have to reflect on the historical antecedent to appreciate what is before us now and what we intend to leave for our children and our grand children,’’ he warned.

President Buhari thanked the ministers and other members of the cabinet who have identified with his government despite all odds.

Speaking on behalf of FEC members, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, expressed gratitude to the President for inviting them to break the fast with him.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/22/those-calling-for-return-of-biafra-were-not-born-during-the-civil-war-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2016
Biafra is dead and buried. Kanu will remain the zoo prison.

Quote me and die.

5 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

Quote me and die.
Talking of dying, Boko Haram killed at least 30,000 people.
Buhari supported Boko Haram. . .

3 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2016
eya! E-pain you? have you witnessed war in your life? When the war break out now, you will run.

quid:

Talking of dying, Boko Haram killed at least 30,000 people.
Buhari supported Boko Haram. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by philfrey08: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2016
The guy above me shaaaaa!! IMBE!!

True that those that are clamouring for Biafra wre not born then though.

But what we also need is justice, fairness and peace for all

4 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 9:49am On Jun 22, 2016
chai, let me pack here and watch fight grin grin grin
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 9:49am On Jun 22, 2016
grin grin grin
OsusuMustFlow:

Quote me and die.
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 9:50am On Jun 22, 2016
philfrey08:
The guy above me shaaaaa!! IMBE!!

True that those that are clamouring for Biafra wre not born then though.

But what we also need is justice, fairness and peace for all

God bless you sir.
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
eya! E-pain you? have you witnessed war in your life? When the war break out now, you will run.

Buhari witness Boko Haram war and supported it.
Now he is coming to lecture others about nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 9:53am On Jun 22, 2016
In your widest dream, did you think Nigeria will ever divide?

You called Nigeria Zoo, but your hero is living in Zoo prison. cheesy

quid:

Buhari witness Boko Haram war and supported it.
Now he is coming to lecture others about nonsense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 22, 2016
Confusion.....confusionise......confusionizisist

I just dae pity Buhari. Dem don use im head roast suya.
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Toosure70: 9:56am On Jun 22, 2016
Yes baba, they are indomine generation.
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

Nigeria remains a zoo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
And Lagos is no-mans-land grin grin

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 9:57am On Jun 22, 2016
Toosure70:
Yes baba, they are indomine generation.

gbam!

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2016
and you living in the zoo, does that also make you an......complete am please,.

quid:

Nigeria remains a zoo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
And Lagos is no-mans-land grin grin

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
and you living in the zoo, does that also make you an......complete am please,.
I don't live in a zoo, neither do I defend zoogeria for any reason.

People like you that defend the zoo are the real _____ [fill in the gap]

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Ngozi123(f): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2016
The fact that he's saying this shows that Nigeria is not a democracy, nor he a democratic leader. Why does he believe that war is the only method of achieving Biafra, why can't it be achieved through democratic means?

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2016
Confirm Edo pikin like me no send. Just try and go through the president's speech again. If you've ever witnessed war in your life. You will not pray to have one again.

quid:

I don't live in a zoo, neither do I defend zoogeria for any reason.

People like you that defend the zoo are the real _____ [fill in the gap]
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
Confirm Edo pikin like me no send. Just try and go through the president's speech again. If you've ever witnessed war in your life. You will not pray to have one again.
Why does your dull@rd friend need war to maintain Nigeria, if indeed "One Nigeria" exists?

The level of 1mbecility is just appalling.

2 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Kestolovee95(f): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2016
Mr Dullhari it is already been divided by your selfish interest. Nobody wants war but if your fulani people believe that nigeria is your estate while others should shut up while you plunder it and rule it like an Arab then I say-Bring your war.The Odds doesn't favour nigeria. The SS you used against the Igbos are wiser, the US have banned you from touching US made bullets and the next war will expose the evil seeds the british have been sowing in Africa. All men will die.

#WEARENOTAFRAID.

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2016
the same dullard friend is the one holding your hero in zoo prison grin

quid:

Why does your dull@rd friend need war to maintain Nigeria, if indeed "One Nigeria" exists?

The level of 1mbecility is just appalling.

2 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
the same dullard friend is the one holding your hero in zoo prison grin
LMAO
And you think this makes him less of a dull@rd, or Nigeria less of a zoo ?

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2016
he will remain in zoo prison till death. He asked Ojukwu of blessed memory.

quid:

LMAO
And you think this makes him less of a dull@rd, or Nigeria less of a zoo ?

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

he will remain in zoo prison till death. He asked Ojukwu of blessed memory.

Good.
Keep displaying your dull@rdism on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Achuwa1(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2016
[b]OsusuMustFlow([/b]f): 9:53am

same way mandela was locked & at the end he liberated his ppl to freedom.
keep deceiving ur self tht Nigeria wount break or does the country looks like what is working ?
i cant remember my region sharing same religion,culture,language,ethnicity etc to some other region,so Nigeria is an unholy matrimony by British & tht matrimony expired in 2014.
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2016
comparing Kunu with Mandela is laughable grin grin grin

Achuwa1:
[b]OsusuMustFlow([/b]f): 9:53am

same way mandela was locked & at the end he liberated his ppl to freedom.
keep deceiving ur self tht Nigeria wount break or does the country looks like what is working ?
i cant remember my region sharing same religion,culture,language,ethnicity etc to some other region,so Nigeria is an unholy matrimony by British & tht matrimony expired in 2014.

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2016
we are living in zoo and we have your hero in our zoo prison grin grin grin grin

quid:

Good.
Keep displaying your dull@rdism on Nairaland.
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

comparing Kunu with Mandela is laughable grin grin grin
Believing that you are not in a zoo is ludicrous. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 22, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

we are living in zoo and we have your hero in our zoo prison grin grin grin grin
And your zoo dull@rd is having sleepless nights over the one in the zoo prison.
Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by attackgat: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2016
DONSMITH123:
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that anyone who witnessed the civil war between the now rested Sovereign State of Biafra and Nigeria will never clamour for its return

The age of using the propaganda of "Biafra = war" no longer fools anyone. Biafra has never been about war, it has always been about self determination. It is the insistence of Nigerians such as Buhari that "we must be united by force" that has been the cause of war

He said, “Nigeria is a one united nation, which can never be divided by anybody’s selfish interest"

So it is when Nigeria is "one united nation under Nothern selfish interest" that everything is fine? Story for the birds and Lord Lugard.

Buhari, therefore, called on his Ministers and indeed, Nigerians at large to pray for the country.

The President noted the month of Ramadan as a special time when God listens and answers prayers of the faithful

We are also praying for the soul of the Igbo woman beheaded in Kano and all others that are yet to be killed.

He gave this charge Tuesday night while breaking fast with members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), mainly his Ministers at the presidential banquet hall of the Aso Villa, Abuja.

His words, “It strengthens our resolve to build our country to make it stronger and to make sure that the incoming generations are sufficiently motivated to be patriotic

Would that incoming generation include the hundreds of young Shia Muslims slaughtered in Kaduna? The hundreds of unarmed IPOB youth gunned down in cold blood? The areal bombardment of places the south south that has claimed many lives?

“It is no news that we are the biggest country in Africa, we are the economy engine of Africa, which are true by the way. But, we must always be patriotic in our dealings with others

Of what use are those titles if the life of the common man has become worse under you?

"This (Ramadan) month of prayers and service to God, let us keep on these prayers all the times, believing that God in His infinite mercy will listen to our prayers, give us peace, security and better the economy once more, so that we can quickly rebuild and even do more for the country"

Words of a born hypocrite

“Let me assure that the time of Ramadan is making us more conscious of what leaders at every level ought to do, and leading the people is not a joke. It means accepting responsibilities for good or wrong,’’ he said.

He further recalled the economic challenges and the agitations for the sovereign state of Biafra.

President Buhari reminded the agitators of the Nigerian Civil war that claimed over 2 million lives

Buhari should stop decieving people with this sort of talk. Buhari, tell Nigerians that it was the inordinate ambition of the Northern oligarchy, of which you are a long standing member, to control the political and economic life Nigeria that made you people come down to the East where people were enjoying their new found freedom to kill over 2 million people.

“We need a lot of prayer. Certainly, with the nation’s economy going down. We haven’t developed the agriculture; we are still trying to talk on those who will come and develop the solid mineral for us[

You Northerners definitely need a lot of prayers to convince international investors to come to an area known for sectarian strife.

“The militants in their various homes, we need to reflect very seriously on what happened between 1967 and 1970 where about two millions Nigerians lost their lives

Veiled threat? Northern soldiers like you killed the 2 million, it should be you people reflecting. You are stealing peoples resources in the name of 'one Nigeria' and the same time you are asking why they are militating? Joker!

"And at that time, as young military officers, you hardly heard of anything about petroleum or whatever money you got from it"

Come off it Gen Buhari. You young Northern officers knew what you were doing. It was all about the Oil. Who are you going to convince that you people did not know that Oil was a very valuable commoditie?

"Look at what Gen. Gowon said; `To keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done’ and every soldier whether he has been to school or not knew what the General meant"

Yeah, we also know what it meant. "To keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done as long we have no Oil and Seaport"

"But, we were quarreling with our brothers, we were not fighting an enemy and then somebody is saying that once again he wants Biafra"

You northerners slaughtered over 50,000 of your so called "brothers" in broad daylight but you were not quarelling with them? Chei!

"I think this is because he was not born when there was Biafra. We have to reflect on the historical antecedent to appreciate what is before us now and what we intend to leave for our children and our grand children,’’ he warned

I do not need to be born before the war to know my right to self determination. The disasterous history of Nigeria is a good reason for people like me to strive not to have my kids born in it

President Buhari thanked the ministers and other members of the cabinet who have identified with his government despite all odds.

Speaking on behalf of FEC members, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, expressed gratitude to the President for inviting them to break the fast with him

The "commissioner" speaks

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:33am On Jun 22, 2016
the difference is clear. Buhari is in aso vila while kunu is in zoo prison.

quid:

And your zoo dull@rd is having sleepless nights over the one in the zoo prison.

Re: Those Calling For Return Of Biafra Were Not Born During The Civil War – Buhari by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2016
quid:

Believing that you are not in a zoo is ludicrous. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

House In Rowdy Session Over Immunity Clause / OBJ Slams Fayose / Jonathan's GIS Was Successful,’ FG Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.