Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Help These Future Leaders - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help These Future Leaders (539 Views)

UNILEVER FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAMME 2017 / See What Our Future Leaders Are Doing(pics) / See What Our Future Leaders Are Taking To Go To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help These Future Leaders by oludebby90(f): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
I am a corper currently serving in kano state and would be through in October. I and four other corpers were posted to a school,GGASS in kano state to present a speech on sanitation from NEASRA CDS group. We got to the school and I was impressed with their level of cleanliness and orderliness and we were attended to well by their principal. One of their shortcomings is lack of sufficient chairs and tables.
One of the most important factors that affects learning process is the environment or atmosphere of learning. The classroom should be comfortable and conducive enough for learning to occur. How can you expect a student to be happy or eager to learn when he has to sit on the floor,place his books on his laps to write and strain his neck to look at the board?. It is really appalling.
As you can see from the picture taken in a classroom in this school, very few of the students have chairs to sit on. Majority have to sit on a foot mat or on their bags,some even sits on the bare floor with their white hijabs. Considering this fasting period, these positions is too discomforting. These students would go home with neck pain and backache not to talk of their dusty white hijab. Even the teachers would not be comfortable teaching.
I know it is the responsibility of the government or whoever is in charge of their education in kano to look into this,we can't leave everything to them since they are not helping and we can assist. We made an estimate and found out we would be in need of #180,000 to purchase 50 pairs of tables and chairs. Naturally we should go around the local government, meeting important people to solicit for fund as NYSC advised, but my fellow group members who can assist are already discouraged hearing the amount involved.
Due to language barrier and the fact that I don't know anywhere or anyone in kano,am bringing it out here to solicit for fund. please, I would like well meaning people to come to our assistance. I would like us to put a smile on these girls face and help their learning process. Even though this is not the only school affected by this,helping this one would pave way for others and improve our standard of Education a little. Whatever is in your ability to assist this project, I know the economy is hard,please raise a helping hand. You can send me a private message for more details on how to assist. Let us assist in increasing the standard of our education thereby creating a better Nigeria. God bless us and would send helpers to us and our children as we help others. cry

Re: Help These Future Leaders by tammyboy1(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Re: Help These Future Leaders by oludebby90(f): 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
Doole,we must come to the aid of these girls. The government would go about claiming they have built schools,parents that can't afford private schools should send their children to government schools. They would go about commissioning new schools and promising to build more. Have we take time to check some of these schools?. They do not have the necessary facilities and equipment. Some are even equipped but not maintained.Do you plant yam and leave it alone without watering and necessary care and expect it to germinate and bear fruits?
I went round GGASS kuwaji kano,entering the classrooms,I was abashed at the level of deterioration this school was. From outside,the school looks clean and decent but inside was nothing to write home about. The windows are old,most not having panes and the ceiling is falling down in some classroom.
Yes,this school was built in the 1980's or so but if the government can't maintain it,why not pull it down,?. I think and believe quality matters more than quantity. Government,instead of building more schools, maintain the ones on ground. Conduct a regular checkup and repair and upgrade their facilities.
Kano state government and ministry of education or those in charge of education in kano and well meaning Nigerians should come to the aid of GGASS kuwaji kano. majority of the girls are sitting on a plank,stooping ,some even sitting on the bare floor. They are presently writing examination in these sitting position. If not the unhealthy environment, what of the health implication like backache and neckpain .please if you want to help this girls,send a message to my email Oludebby90@yahoo.com,let discuss .let bring smiles to these girls face

(1) (Reply)

Vice Chancellors Of State Universities demand Autonomy On Admission Policy / . / NABTEB GCE November/december Registration For 2016 Has Commenced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.