Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Association Of Vcs Demands Autonomy In Deciding Admission Modalities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Association Of Vcs Demands Autonomy In Deciding Admission Modalities (536 Views)

2016/2017 U.I Admission Modalities Released. Share Ur Scores And Courses / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Association Of Vcs Demands Autonomy In Deciding Admission Modalities by Seuncoded(f): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
The Secretary General of Association of Vice-Chancellors of State-Owned Universities, Michael Faborede has appealed to the Federal Government to allow the senate of the different tertiary institution in the country to prescribe modalities for admission.

He made this call during the 4th Biennial Conference on the Committee of Pro-Chancellors of State-Owned Universities in Nigeria held at the Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.

According to him, the federal government should be careful in making pronouncements on educational matters that would affect the states and private universities.

He further called on the pro-chancellors to support vice-chancellors in their effort towards building a credible university system

http://ngschoolportal..nl/2016/06/association-of-vcs-demands-autonomy-in.html
Re: Association Of Vcs Demands Autonomy In Deciding Admission Modalities by johnchukky: 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
Chukky Uniben
Re: Association Of Vcs Demands Autonomy In Deciding Admission Modalities by OlujobaSamuel: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
abeg sir, with all humility, your post utme exercise is nothing but extortion. use their ssce+utme to assess them, the last time I checked, you can expel any student that is not academically fit, if the shortfall is much, you make up for it through DE.
haaba, must you collect money from these kids, remember that their parents are hustling hard just to give a legacy, yet one will spend close to 100k just to secure admission that might not come, I'm not talking about those sorting through, I mean traveling, utme, post utme, feeding, accommodation, etc, just for a 2days exam(utme & putme).
fear God abeg.
Re: Association Of Vcs Demands Autonomy In Deciding Admission Modalities by youngsahito(m): 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
some schools have turn the post utme into business adventure n have forgotten the real reason of the exam...extortion and manipulation
Re: Association Of Vcs Demands Autonomy In Deciding Admission Modalities by druxy(m): 4:33am On Jun 30, 2016
aahhnnn...seeing people support scrapping makes me feel hungry.....let jambites speak for themselves... jamb ain't credible like it was....it's now LUCK!!!
Re: Association Of Vcs Demands Autonomy In Deciding Admission Modalities by Seuncoded(f): 5:27am On Jun 30, 2016
youngsahito:
some schools have turn the post utme into business adventure n have forgotten the real reason of the exam...extortion and manipulation
Exactly Why are they appealling, thief gbogbo

(1) (Reply)

Needs Clarification On The New Jamb's Modality For Screening Candidates / Sociology Project Topics And Materials / On What Ground Can A Statement Of Result Be Withdrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.