Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List (43457 Views)

Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG / Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees And Their State Of Origin / FULL LIST Of Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by gbigbega: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
OluKayy:
All these muscles flexing between the Senate and the FG is only pulling us back. One side should scheme properly and swallow the other in all totality so that we can forge ahead already.

Law 15: Crush your enemy totally.

oga, there is no muscle flexing in this one. The senate for once, have decided to stand up to their responsibility and do the right thing. This lob sided appointments from the presidency has to stop.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Goddex: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
SleekAboki:
Buhari is very serious with this his 97% northernization policy.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by precious1967(m): 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
i wish dt something shld just wipe off ds politicians because they ve no any livelihood other than ds politics. useless less people.
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by rose54321: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
blackpanda:

And are u Mr President? If not, zip it!
Our constitution is superior to any silly convention. Go and read section 171. Appointments are the Presidents prerogative. He can appoint a beggar as ambassador. Ok.

Dude please be enlightened. Don't speak so much on things you know very little about.
There are 2 ambassadorial lists, the career ( those who work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and the Political (this can be any tom, dick or Harry).
I believe in your comment you are referring to the latter, Buhari hasn't yet release this batch- the political ambassadors and when he eventually does no one will complain as it is his prerogative to appoint who ever.
But when selecting career ambassadors he is mandated to follow the principle of Seniority and Federal Character.
So please get information on a particular subject before spewing ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2016
father042:
I agree with you.
Just Fact, He's Been Too Sentimental.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Ahmed5891(m): 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
the most selfish Senate in Nigeria is this 8th senate live pension, remove presidential ascent on bill, amend the CCT act, and many more ...those this show a through reflection of the legislators all of them are looters in disguise...

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by seguno2: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
blackpanda:
And are u Mr President? If not, zip it!
Our constitution is superior to any silly convention. Go and read section 171. Appointments are the Presidents prerogative. He can appoint a beggar as ambassador. Ok.

Thankfully our country is a democracy and not a banana republic of baboons and dogs, whether soaked in blood or not.
The senate has the sacred duty to ensure that relevant constitutional provisions and traditions to promote our country's unity are respected and safeguarded. Not so, bro
It is called checks and balances in an institution-driven democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by 1stdammy: 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Saraki, embarking on a fruitless war..
The head line says ''Senate'' not ''Saraki''

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by dunkem21(m): 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
1stdammy:
The head line says ''Senate'' not ''Saraki''

LOL.. Saraki don give Dem sleepless nights..

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by dunkem21(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista.. I hope you are already seeing PDP Senators
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Abel202: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
Thank God that by Buhari's over stretching of his muscles, he has invariably made the senate to stand their ground for the right thing to be done.
Buhari is the worst tribalist we've ever managed to get as a president of this great nation.
If not properly checked, Buhari will crash this nation with his tribalism and nepotism.
Now Saraki & Ekweremmadu knows for sure that the dictator is all out to boot them out and the dictator does not relent when he picks a fight. So having done everything to apease the dude without result, I think its proper for Saraki & Ekweremmadu to not go down without a proper fight. It's just starting. I guess its bound to get dirtier because dude in aso rock doesnt even know the meaning of seperation of power. A very vindictive and incosiderate old man delluding his programmed supporters that he is fighting corruption while he is busy muscling every opposition real or imagined.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by proprince(m): 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Shame on buhari

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by TyrantInAsoRock: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
sammyj:
The President should just over rule after 28 days of passing it to the thi*ves !!! angry shocked

Yeye dey ooze

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by dondaddycares(m): 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
Jiyal:
Do you mean impunity should continue because there is separation of power? Our senate have abuse the power accorded to them.

Well i don't join issues with people who dont understand, fails to appreciate, or sentimentally refuses to acknowledge that there are basic tenets on which democracy stand.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by blackpanda: 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
rose54321:

Dude please be enlightened. Don't speak so much on things you know very little about.
There are 2 ambassadorial lists, the career ( those who work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and the Political (this can be any tom, dick or Harry).
I believe in your comment you are referring to the latter, Buhari hasn't yet release this batch- the political ambassadors and when he eventually does no one will complain as it is his prerogative to appoint who ever.
But when selecting career ambassadors he is mandated to follow the principle of Seniority and Federal Character.
So please get information on a particular subject before spewing ignorance.

U just write to disgrace urself for nothing. Read my comment again before typing long epistle of trash! Whether career or political, there is only one man that can appoint ambassadors, and that is the President!

Check your ignorance elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by pharmagba: 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
bejeiodus:
Another gladiatorial contest is looming. The federal government and the Senate have gone eyeball to eyeball. I wait to see who will blink first.

I don't understand why Buhari always fails to consider the heterogeneous make-up of the country in his appointments. That is why complaints of marginalization have trailed many of his appointments. He really needs to take another look at the map of Nigeria.
Before making comment, get informed.
Have you seen the ambassadorial list? If not try and have a look. All 36 a represented.
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
dunkem21:
TonyeBarcanista.. I hope you are already seeing PDP Senators
SMH so how does that affect Buhari? LOL
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by dunkem21(m): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

SMH so how does that affect Buhari? LOL

Sorry na me e affect grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
dunkem21:

Sorry na me e affect grin
Lol funny guy

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by 1stdammy: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
dunkem21:

LOL.. Saraki don give Dem sleepless nights..
Don't mind them jare, I wonder how some people reason.........

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by cooooooks(m): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
'Federal Character' is the codeword for lack of settling.
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
cheesy
Emekamex:
Executhieves vs Legislooters...Round 1
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Ejanla07: 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
blackpanda:

How does this not reflect federal chaacter Pls show me the region that was omitted?

1. Obinna Chukwuemeka Agbugba (Abia)

2. Salisu Umaru (Adamawa)

3. Inyan Udo-Inyang (Akwa Ibom)

4. Okeke Vivian Nwunaku (Anambra)

5. Liman Munir (Bauchi)

6. Ndem Jane Ada (Benue)

7. Mohammed Hassan Hassan (Borno)

8. Martin Nyong Cobham (Cross River)

9. Janet Omoleegho Olisa (Delta)

10. Itegboje S. Sunday (Edo)

11. Olatunde Adesesan (Ekiti)

12. Lilian Ijeukwu Onoh (Enugu)

13. Manaja Tula Isah (Gombe)

14. Ngozi Ukaeje (Imo)

15. Bello Kazaure Huessini (Jigawa)

16. Enoch Pear Duchi (Kaduna)

17. Garba Baba (Kano)

18. Usman Bakori Aliyu (Katsina)

19. Umar Zainab Salisu (Kebbi)

20. Momoh Sheidu Omeiza (Kogi)

21. Kadiri Ayinla Audu (Kwara)

22. Balogun Hakeem (Lagos)

23. Inusa Ahmed (Nasarawa)

24. Ibrahim Isah (Niger)

25. Bankole Adegboyega Adeoye (Ogun)

26. Ibidapo-Obe Oluwasegun (Osun)

27. Ogundero Sakirat (Oyo)

28. Eric A. Bell-Gam (Rivers)

29. Attahiru Halliru (Sokoto)

30. Rahmatu A. Dunama (Taraba)

31. Musa Saban Mamman (Yobe)

32. Kabiru Bala (Zamfara)

33. Adamu Onoze Shuaibu (FCT)

34. Demenongu A. Agev (Benue)

35. Toko Ali Gongulong (Borno)

36. Ibrahim Hamza (Katsina)

37. Kenneth C. Nwachukwu (Imo)

38. Queen I. Worlu (Edo)

39. Emmanuel Kayode Oguntause (Ekiti)

40. Paragalda Ilyasu Audu (Adamawa)

41. Lawan Abba Gashagar (Borno)

42. Olufemi Abikoye (Kwara)

43. Habu Abubakar Gwani Ibrahim (Gombe)

44. Rabiu Akawu (Kano)

45. Nonye Udo (Anambra)

46. Odeka Janet Bisong (Cross River)

47. Sonaike Adekunbi Abibat (Ogun)

show me ebonyi.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by ashala(m): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=46817948] Saraki, embarking on a fruitless war..[/quote

Tah
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Ugosample(m): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
blackpanda:

How does this not reflect federal chaacter Pls show me the region that was omitted?

1. Obinna Chukwuemeka Agbugba (Abia)

2. Salisu Umaru (Adamawa)

3. Inyan Udo-Inyang (Akwa Ibom)

4. Okeke Vivian Nwunaku (Anambra)

5. Liman Munir (Bauchi)

6. Ndem Jane Ada (Benue)

7. Mohammed Hassan Hassan (Borno)

8. Martin Nyong Cobham (Cross River)

9. Janet Omoleegho Olisa (Delta)

10. Itegboje S. Sunday (Edo)

11. Olatunde Adesesan (Ekiti)

12. Lilian Ijeukwu Onoh (Enugu)

13. Manaja Tula Isah (Gombe)

14. Ngozi Ukaeje (Imo)

15. Bello Kazaure Huessini (Jigawa)

16. Enoch Pear Duchi (Kaduna)

17. Garba Baba (Kano)

18. Usman Bakori Aliyu (Katsina)

19. Umar Zainab Salisu (Kebbi)

20. Momoh Sheidu Omeiza (Kogi)

21. Kadiri Ayinla Audu (Kwara)

22. Balogun Hakeem (Lagos)

23. Inusa Ahmed (Nasarawa)

24. Ibrahim Isah (Niger)

25. Bankole Adegboyega Adeoye (Ogun)

26. Ibidapo-Obe Oluwasegun (Osun)

27. Ogundero Sakirat (Oyo)

28. Eric A. Bell-Gam (Rivers)

29. Attahiru Halliru (Sokoto)

30. Rahmatu A. Dunama (Taraba)

31. Musa Saban Mamman (Yobe)

32. Kabiru Bala (Zamfara)

33. Adamu Onoze Shuaibu (FCT)

34. Demenongu A. Agev (Benue)

35. Toko Ali Gongulong (Borno)

36. Ibrahim Hamza (Katsina)

37. Kenneth C. Nwachukwu (Imo)

38. Queen I. Worlu (Edo)

39. Emmanuel Kayode Oguntause (Ekiti)

40. Paragalda Ilyasu Audu (Adamawa)

41. Lawan Abba Gashagar (Borno)

42. Olufemi Abikoye (Kwara)

43. Habu Abubakar Gwani Ibrahim (Gombe)

44. Rabiu Akawu (Kano)

45. Nonye Udo (Anambra)

46. Odeka Janet Bisong (Cross River)

47. Sonaike Adekunbi Abibat (Ogun)

Was there anybody from Bayelsa?

Abi bayelsa na Togolese state?

Abeg

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Eluwilussit(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
Candyrain:

Read!!!
Its stated there dat the list don't reflect federal character.

Why you dey reply the idiiot? As short and simple as the post is, he still found it difficult to read to the end before posting. Idiiots everywhere. cry
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
longjohn101:
On what grounds wil d Senate rejects d list?

Northern list or simply consult google..
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
bejeiodus:
Another gladiatorial contest is looming. The federal government and the Senate have gone eyeball to eyeball. I wait to see who will blink first.

I don't understand why Buhari always fails to consider the heterogeneous make-up of the country in his appointments. That is why complaints of marginalization have trailed many of his appointments. He really needs to take another look at the map of Nigeria.

And thats the man fighting corruption.
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by miyadue: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
If they say it lacks federal character that's bc all 36 state was not included.that's good decision call from senate.nice one
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by porka: 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Saraki, embarking on a fruitless war..

He is a medical doctor.

Think!
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by obongtunji: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
OgaSirAde:
This is so unnecessary I saw the list each state was represented with a few extra countries which cannot go round twice. This made some few states have 2 and it was not only north that filled the few extras. Don't see reasons why Senate is ranting.

I bet you didn't see the list, because the list presented does not have candidates from Bayelsa, Ondo and Ebonyi
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List by osymerga(m): 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
Good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Thug With Military-Police Uniform Arrested / #EndSARS: Kiki Osinbajo Joins campaign, Posts Picture On Her Instagram Page / Ambode Awarded Best Performing Governor In Nigeria In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.