Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? (22488 Views)

Proper Child Upbringing In Islam; "The Procedures" (photo) / Qur'anic Teaching About The Punishment For Blasphemy(pics) / The Proper Way Of Wearing The Hijab. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
yahmohy27:
Gbam ,brother Jazaka Allahu khaira and increases you inn knowledge about Islam.Ameen
Wa iyak ya akhi.....the ignorance muslims display in the deen these days is so so annoying, and disheartening.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path for whoever Allah has guided, none can lead astray, and whoever is led astray by Allah, none can lead to the straight path.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
Herbarium:
This is nothing but the pure truth.Lexiconkabir & contact17 have said it all. Having the right knowledge is key to practicing Islam & not making judgement based on one's opinion. May ALLAH bless both of you.

May Allah bless you too! jazakallahu khairan

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by yahmohy27: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
busar:
It's a pity that Muslims understand not their religion, they pick what suit them and leave what seems "unreasonable" to them. We are very quick to quote verses of the Qur'an without proper understanding of this verse. The prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said "I was given the Qur'an and something similar to it(the ahadith)" The ahadith is used to explain the Qur'an. You can't separate the ahadith from the Qur'an.. Bro lexiconkabir is very right as per the question. That's the the for the one who apostate.. And for those who sighted the Qur'an as an evidence, have you read the Tafsir of the aayat you quoted??
Islaam is not practised with common sense and emotions but with evidences and the understanding of the pious predecessors.... As salaamu alaykum
Lobatan,what else again ,i think that is best conclusion for this Debate brothers and Sisters ,you don't read Quran the way you read txt books,but read intensively,go for research and learn from one who is a good practicing muslims mallam what is not cleared to you not by blindly argumentation .Asallamualykum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Contact17:
There is only three instances where people should be killed
1) A person who murdered someone intentionally
2) An person who commits adultery
3) An apostate

Jazaki Allah ya ukhti

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Antina(f): 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
EazyMoh:

A sentence for any offense can ONLY be carried out by a competent Shariah court under a recognized Islamic leadership.
If you catch a thief you wouldn't chop off their hand, that's jungle justice.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Damjoy(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Your Question will be answered by theses following points,

(1) This is the ruling of Allaah and His Messenger, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever changes his religion, kill him." (reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 3017).

(2) The one who has known the religion which Allaah revealed, entered it and practised it, then rejected it, despised it and left it, is a person who does not deserve to live on the earth of Allaah and eat from the provision of Allaah.

(3) By leaving Islaam, the apostate opens the way for everyone who wants to leave the faith, thus spreading apostasy and encouraging it.

(4) The apostate is not to be killed without warning. Even though his crime is so great, he is given a last chance, a respite of three days in which to repent. If he repents, he will be left alone; if he does not repent, then he will be killed.

(5) If the punishment for murder and espionage (also known as high treason) is death, then what should be the punishment for the one who disbelieves in the Lord of mankind and despises and rejects His religion? Is espionage or shedding blood worse than leaving the religion of the Lord of mankind and rejecting it?

(6) None of those who bleat about personal freedom and freedom of belief would put up with a neighbour’s child hitting their child or justify this as "personal freedom," so how can they justify leaving the true religion and rejecting the sharee’ah which Allaah revealed to teach mankind about His unity and bring justice and fairness to all?

He is absolutely right

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Antina(f): 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
gaffig:

Subhanallah, if not for the oath, I would have asked if you are a Muslim, can you tell me where you can get what the prophet said and also tell me why the quran was sent to Rasulullah (peace be upon him) not to everybody to interpret? Please kindly fine more knowledge may Allah enrich you

Though I don't knw how matured u are, buh next time u are especially mentioning someone, try not use insulting language, okay. Are they (muslims) supposed to come "only" from your family?
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by AminuRano87(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
lexiconkabir:

(1) This is the ruling of Allaah and His Messenger, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever changes his religion, kill him." (reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 3017).

(2) The one who has known the religion which Allaah revealed, entered it and practised it, then rejected it, despised it and left it, is a person who does not deserve to live on the earth of Allaah and eat from the provision of Allaah.

(3) By leaving Islaam, the apostate opens the way for everyone who wants to leave the faith, thus spreading apostasy and encouraging it.

(4) The apostate is not to be killed without warning. Even though his crime is so great, he is given a last chance, a respite of three days in which to repent. If he repents, he will be left alone; if he does not repent, then he will be killed.

(5) If the punishment for murder and espionage (also known as high treason) is death, then what should be the punishment for the one who disbelieves in the Lord of mankind and despises and rejects His religion? Is espionage or shedding blood worse than leaving the religion of the Lord of mankind and rejecting it?

(6) None of those who bleat about personal freedom and freedom of belief would put up with a neighbour’s child hitting their child or justify this as "personal freedom," so how can they justify leaving the true religion and rejecting the sharee’ah which Allaah revealed to teach mankind about His unity and bring justice and fairness to all?
I like your courage to tell the truth. All other Muslims that said otherwise are hypocrites.
That's Islam new comers are welcomed but no one can leave it. Doesn't it look like a CULT?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
When I tell my brothers that HADITH is not and will never be Islamic, they said I'm just being stupid and ignorant.

Now HADITH says kill for apostasy while Qur'an says compulsion in religion is prohibited.

I'm watching Muslims in 5d. I'm a Muslim o.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by starprince91(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
lexiconkabir:

ISIS member everywhere, May Almight Allah save us from wahabiyah and their beliefs.
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by starprince91(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
AminuRano87:
I like your courage to tell the truth. All other Muslims that said otherwise are hypocrites.
That's Islam new comers are welcomed but no one can leave it. Doesn't it look like a CULT?
some people believes hadith over Quran. May Allah show you the right path.
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by starprince91(m): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
Contact17:
3) An apostate

liar..... Bukhari (83:37) - "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except
in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who
killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married
person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a
man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted
Islam and became an apostate."

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
starprince91:
liar..... Bukhari (83:37) - "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except
in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who
killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married
person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a
man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted
Islam and became an apostate."

errm isnt that what I just wrote except worded differently?

Modified- Check my previous post
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am His Messenger, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a married man who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and splits form the jamaa’ah (main group of Muslims).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6878; Muslim, 1676)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by pissreligiion: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
lmao the brain is having partial contact
Contact17:

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
pissreligiion:
lmao the brain is having partial contact

I usually don't reply but I've got no time for trolls

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by starprince91(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
Contact17:

Modified- Check my previous post
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am His Messenger, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a married man who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and splits form the jamaa’ah (main group of Muslims).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6878; Muslim, 1676)
a
man who fought against Allah and His Apostle
and deserted
Islam and became an apostate." There is a condition there. Clearly the person must have been a mole and have been leaking infomation to the enemies, this person will be killed even in western military rule.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by gaffig: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
Contact17:
3) An apostate

correct! !! gbam! If they like agree if you like don't, it's the law!! POC it's someone who is married that commit adultery. ..
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
starprince91:
a
man who fought against Allah and His Apostle
and deserted
Islam and became an apostate." There is a condition there. Clearly the person must have been a mole and have been leaking infomation to the enemies, this person will be killed even in western military rule.

Read the entire post
Thanks
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Topestbilly(m): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
gaffig:

Are you sure you are fit to answer the question? Your quotes are so off radar....abaa brother

So off radar? Put me back on brother
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by busar(m): 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
yahmohy27:
Lobatan,what else again ,i think that is best conclusion for this Debate brothers and Sisters ,you don't read Quran the way you read txt books,but read intensively,go for research and learn from one who is a good practicing muslims mallam what is not cleared to you not by blindly argumentation .Asallamualykum
wa alaykumus salaam... I just tire for all these internet Muslims

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Teeminjin(f): 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
lexiconkabir:

stfu!! extremist
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
Teeminjin:

stfu!! extremist

grin, whats the extremism here?

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Caseless: 6:03am On Jul 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:

How does this contradict the hadith? BTW you don't believe in hadith? Or you just follow the ones that suits you? Hope you know hadith is also a revelation?
any hadith that's in contradiction with the qur'an is da'if(non-authentic).
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Caseless: 6:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I still can't see the clear proof there. The Quran says one thing, and the hadith says the other, isn't it obvious that there is a problem somewhere?

Like she asked above, if your sister abandon the religion, would you kill her?

Thinngs like these makes me really sick sad
I tire for lexiconkabir.

1 Like

Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Caseless: 6:06am On Jul 02, 2016
Teeminjin:

stfu!! extremist
take it easy, sis.
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Caseless: 6:24am On Jul 02, 2016
starprince91:
some people believes hadith over Quran. May Allah show you the right path.
i've asked this question before, but no one answered. If there is no compulsion in religion, why should someone who commit apostasy be killed? They say shari'ah, they say hadith ; and none is superior to the quran and must be seen to be in consonance with the qur'an. Allah guide those he will, and those he has let off the right path cannot be brought back by any man.
Again, if you kill a soul, it is like you have killed entire humanity, and if you save a soul, it's like you have killed the entire humanity.
If you kill an 'apostate', what if he's going to return back to islam tomorrow?
Sometimes, the quraniyun are right.
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 02, 2016
Caseless:
any hadith that's in contradiction with the qur'an is da'if(non-authentic).

Wow! Here comes the muhadith that grades an hadith da'if, that's amazing!!

When will people start talking with knowledge?
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Caseless: 6:34am On Jul 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Wow! Here comes the muhadith that grades an hadith da'if, that's amazing!!

When will people start talking with knowledge?
prove to us how that hadith you quoted is in consonance with the verse of the quran u are given.
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 02, 2016
Caseless:
prove to us how that hadith you quoted is in consonance with the verse of the quran u are given.

Why should i? you've already graded it da'if!
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Caseless: 6:54am On Jul 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Why should i? you've already graded it da'if!
ok, have a wonderful day and, ramadan kareem!
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 02, 2016
Caseless:
ok, have a wonderful day and, ramadan kareem!

Wa iyak! cheesy
Re: What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? by udatso: 7:49am On Jul 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=lRB3snGxgns

^^ Thats Dr Abu Ameenah bilal Phillips, watch the video, and digest it, whatever his views are, is exactly what I'm trying to put up, dont watch in a hurry.

Dr bilal gives reason why they should be executed if you study his examples correctly. That is treasonous behaviour from them. But your stand is clear which is kill any murtad Muslim. It doesn't matter if he has harm the Muslims or not.
Here's Dr zakir naik's view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROVoBYAoKsE
Here's shabir Allyvs view too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4GK2I6GMcc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Allahu' Inscription Appears On The Ground In Idumota. / How To Cure Masturbation Addiction In Islam / The Ruling On Urinating While Standing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.