Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

The Ruling On Urinating While Standing - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Ruling On Urinating While Standing (22479 Views)

The Ruling On A Woman Sleeping Alone, Apart From Her Husband, In A Separate Room / What Is The Ruling On Buying And Selling Bitcoin? / What Is The Ruling On Saying “jesus!” When One Is Astonished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Lukgaf(m): 7:45am On Jul 01, 2022
What is the ruling on a person urinating while standing, is it forbidden or permissible?

It is not forbidden for a person to urinate while standing, because it has been authentically reported by al Bukhari and Muslim, on the authority of Huthaifah, may Allah be please with him, that the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) came to the rubbish pit of a people and urinated while standing (al-Bukhari no.226).

Permission to urinate standing has also been narrated from Umar, Ali, ibn Umar and Zaid bin Thaabit, may Allah be pleased with them, due to the above mentioned Hadith.

But it is prescribed by the Sunnah for a person to urinate sitting, according to the words of A’ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, who said: ‘Whoever told you that the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) urinated standing, do not believe him. He did not urinated except sitting.’ (At-Tirmithi no.12 and an-Nisaa’i no. 29) at-Tirmithi said: ‘This is the best and most correct saying in this matter – also because it is better to guard and protect him from being splashed with his own urine.’

Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts

Fatawa Islamiyah, Vol. 2, p36-37, DARUSSALAM.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2022
There's no complete way of life except Islam.

Alhamdulillah!

Let's recite the Takbir as much as possible and also increase our good deeds especially in the first 13 days of Dhul-Hijah.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by advocatejare(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2022
Sunnah means traditions and practices of Muhammad.

We were told that Muhammad urinated while he was standing, meaning it was what he practiced!

Hudhaifa reported:
I was with the Messenger of Allah when he
came to the dumping ground of filth belonging to a
particular tribe. He urinated while standing, and I went aside. He (the Holy Prophet) asked me to
come near him and I went so near to him that I
stood behind his heels. He then performed
ablution and wiped over his socks.
-Sahih Muslim 273a
But here you are telling us another thing:
Lukgaf you wrote:

But it is prescribed by the Sunnah for a person to urinate sitting, according to the words of A’ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, who said: ‘Whoever told you that the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) urinated standing, do not believe him. He did not urinated except sitting.’ (At-Tirmithi no.12 and an-Nisaa’i no. 29) at-Tirmithi said: ‘This is the best and most correct saying in this matter – also because it is better to guard and protect him from being splashed with his own urine.’
What did you mean by “by the Sunnah”? Sunnah is the practice of Muhammad and we just saw how was reported to have urinated while standing!

Was Aisha always following Muhammad to urinate?. A man that saw Muhammad urinate while standing reported it but you chose to believe the words of a woman who didn’t follow Muhammad to urinate

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
grin grin grin Is there no ruling on Killing terrorists who use the name of Allah to Kill and oppress people? Is there no ruling on Killing your fellow human being for the sake of Allah ? Rubbish

182 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
Shame on this forum for the obvious religious bias. So Muslims are free to comment on Christian threads at will but Christians aren't allowed to comment on Muslim threads without swearing an oath.

Spits

I advise all Christians to boycott this useless forum

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Buhari4dullard: 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
funny religion that has rules on pi$$ing grin
praiseoski:
Shame on this forum for the obvious religious bias. So Muslims are free to comment on Christian threads at will but Christians aren't allowed to comment on Muslim threads without swearing an oath.

Spits
They fear the most peaceful religion on earth.
Even hindus are having problems with the most peaceful religion on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDLWdTOKA2w

17 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
RightChanneI:

Indeed islam is a complete way of life by destroying anything destroyable through the below listed Islamic terrorist groups
yeye!

Comrade, if u are in mecca, behave like an alhaji!
u nor knw say na muslem zone u dey?
u wan mek dem bomb u out of dis thread?

grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by OGwales(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
To piss again na haram This pissful religion never ceases to amaze me grin grin grin

60 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by RightChanneI: 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2022

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by bnadam21: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
Please why all this now? However I choose to urinate is my problem, standing, sitting or lying down, must there be a rule to tell me how I should urinate? Wahala no dey finish.
Lukgaf:
What is the ruling on a person urinating while standing, is it forbidden or permissible?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by RightChanneI: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
AlphaAlex:
grin grin Apparently there’s no ruling on committing atrocities murder or any other vice as far as it’s in the Name of sky king Allah grin

Smiles
Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2022
praiseoski:

Spits

grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by naija4life247: 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2022
Another illiterate religious fanatic on the loose. I am a Muslim. I will never ever urinate while standing. Arabs won't force me to adopt some of their useless lifestyles which they were doing when they were still worshipping idols.

Ruling on urinating while standing ko, ruling on urinating while fuccking ni.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by naija4life247: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2022

Spits

The person holding you down here at gun point will not die better.

4 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by excanny: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lukgaf:

So which should be followed? Al-Bukhari or Aisha’s narration?

The verdict is still ambiguous.

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by dryakson(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
Logical reasons.
it's allowed to urinate while standing on the condition that there is no risk of drops of urine splashing onto one’s body or clothes, and that one does not expose one's ‘private parts. Because ur prayers is null if there is impurities in your cloths.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
RightChanneI:

Smiles
Forget these people them they only have rules for the poor people practicing their religion of terror the Rich and powerful don’t give two Fûcks about the rules be it religious or political

7 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by dryakson(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2022
excanny:

So which should be followed? Al-Bukhari or Aisha’s narration?

The verdict is still ambiguous.
It is not haraam for a man to urinate standing up, but it is Sunnah for him to urinate sitting down, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever tells you that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to urinate standing up, do not believe him. He only ever used to urinate sitting down.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Tahaarah, 12; he said, this is the most saheeh report on this topic. It was also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, no. 11). And because this is more concealing, and it reduces the risk of any drops of urine splashing up onto him.

It was narrated from ‘Umar, Ibn ‘Umar and Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with them) that it is allowed to urinate standing up on the condition that there is no risk of drops of urine splashing onto one’s body or clothes, and that one does not expose one's ‘awrah, because al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated from Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to a garden belonging to some people, and urinated standing up. There is no contradiction between this and the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), because it is possible that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did that because he was in a place where he was unable to sit down, or he did that to show the people that it is not haraam. This does not contradict the basic principle mentioned by ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), that he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) urinated sitting down, because it is Sunnah, it is not something waajib (obligatory) which it is forbidden to go against. And Allaah knows best.

4 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by excanny: 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2022
dryakson:
Logical reasons.
it's allowed to urinate while standing on the condition that there is no risk of drops of urine splashing onto one’s body or clothes, and that one does not expose one's ‘private parts. Because ur prayers is null if there is impurities in your cloths.

What about still having urine in your bladder while praying? Does it invalidate your prayers?

Or should one empty his bladder completely before praying cos it’s definitely in contact with your inner body.

11 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Nova1988(m): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2022
RightChanneI:

Indeed islam is a complete way of life by destroying anything destroyable through the below listed Islamic terrorist groups

you're not even any sense, because 80% of the people killed are Muslims. dumbass.

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Nova1988(m): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2022
AlphaAlex:
Forget these people them they only have rules for the poor people practicing their religion of terror the Rich and powerful don’t give two Fûcks about the rules be it religious or political

Why don't you leave us the Bleep alone then? no one cares about your miserable life.
Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by ogbuefi677(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
bnadam21:
Please why all this now? However I choose to urinate is my problem, standing, sitting or lying down, must there be a rule to tell me how I should urinate? Wahala no dey finish.
Them de use that thing beat ppl in core muslim towns like Zaria oo.
No try the 'peaceful' people grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Nova1988(m): 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
Religion of piss
Islamabad is the capital of terrorist... undecided

Islamabad is the world's most beautiful capital, Google is your friend.
Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by RightChanneI: 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
AlphaAlex:

Exactly
Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2022
Nova1988:

Why don't you leave us the Bleep alone then? no one cares about your miserable life.
smelling miserable urchins do you think I give two fûcks about your nonsense life I care about the lives of innocent people you and your smelling religious brothers are ruining on a daily. Why would I care about you who have given your birthright to reason and think for himself to someone else , allowing someone else dictate how you do everything in your life you are less than a man you are a zombie.... doesn’t Allah have a ruling for insulting people on social platform? Bloody zombie gtfoh

10 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by ogbuefi677(m): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
AlphaAlex:
I see Buhari granddaughter's graduation pictures.
Nothing like hijab.
The day wey yusuf Buhari marry,dem small nyarinyas just de sing NairaMarley's "I'm cumming" cheesy grin with reckless abandon grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by RightChanneI: 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2022
Nova1988:

you're not even any sense, because 80% of the people killed are Muslims. dumbass.

Bonehead, must you practice your taqqiya even at jumat?

5 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by RightChanneI: 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
MichaelSokoto:

yeye!
u nor knw say na muslem zone u dey?
u wan mek dem bomb u out of dis thread?

grin

Mek dem bomb nairaland then grin

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Urinating While Standing by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
ogbuefi677:

I see Buhari granddaughter's graduation pictures.
Nothing like hijab.
The day wey yusuf Buhari marry,dem small nyarinyas just de sing NairaMarley's "I'm cumming" cheesy grin with reckless abandon grin
Lol my bro na the normal standard be that na na only poor Muslim dey be bambiala and terrorist grin ; the rich ones don’t give a damn

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Allahu' Inscription Appears On The Ground In Idumota. / Unfair Silence On Aleppo's Tragedy / Permissible Hairstyle For Men In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.