Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football (2402 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President / Adenuga Gives Eagles $1M, Keshi $200,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2009
Mike Adenuga Appreciation Thread

This thread is opened to appreciate the efforts of Dr. Michael Adeniyi Adenuga for his unwaivering support for Nigerian football.

Despite the frustration from goverment, especially the punishment meted to him by Obasanjo for not supporting Transcorp, the man has not relented in his efforts to uplift Nigeria's football.

His latest gesture is donating N35million to prosecute the game versus Tunisia this weekend. Remember, his company sponsors Nigeria's football supporters club. He also singly paid the salary of former national team coach, Berti Vogts. He has also bailed out national teams from precarious financial conditions in the past. This is not to mention his sponsoring the domestic league.

Mike Adenuga is a patriotic Nigerian, with the country's interest at heart, a pure altruist, not among the noise making donors.

Well done, Niyi; well done, The Bull.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by smile2funz: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2009
you are right man.
thanks.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by Ibime(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2009
Mike Adenuga who has long served as a conduit for a lot of IBB's financial mago-mago?

Oya, this is the Abacha appreciation thread.

Under Abacha, inflation jumped to 60%, civil servants were not paid, and democracy was stifled by machine guns. However, the Super Eagles were always well sponsored. The South Africa 1996 debacle notwithstanding, we must show appreciation for Abacha because he was the no1 football fan in Nigeria.

Similarly, I would like to laud the efforts of Rotimi Amaechi who has invested several Ghana must go bags into the progress of the Super Eagles, and currently heads the Presidential committee to ensure that Super Eagles qualify for WC2010. Pls dont mention the N500 bn that recently went missing from Rivers State coffers.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ibime:

Mike Adenuga who has long served as a conduit for a lot of IBB's financial mago-mago?

Oya, this is the Abacha appreciation thread.

Under Abacha, inflation jumped to 60%, civil servants were not paid, and democracy was stifled by machine guns. However, the Super Eagles were always well sponsored. The South Africa 1996 debacle notwithstanding, we must show appreciation for Abacha because he was the no1 football fan in Nigeria.

Similarly, I would like to laud the efforts of Rotimi Amaechi who has invested several Ghana must go bags into the progress of the Super Eagles, and currently heads the Presidential committee to ensure that Super Eagles qualify for WC2010. Pls dont mention the N500 bn that recently went missing from Rivers State coffers.
This is funny.  grin

More seriously, I am one of the very few people that believe Mike Adenuga got his wealth through hardwork, resilience and 'can-do' spirit. The truth is when you're rich to certain extent, you can't help dining with the presidents. But working to the extent of meeting President is itself no mean feat. This is political economy.
I don't have time to discuss this here, but the whole issue of Adenuga fronting for IBB is exaggerated.

I hold on to my belief.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by frenchman(m): 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2009
I have never read or heard where Mike Adenuga has been indicted for being a conduit for IBB's magomago.
Please lets get our facts right not all rich men are crooks.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by frenchman(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2009
Adenuga was a beneficiary of IBB's regime just like Dangote was a beneficiary though in a crooked way of OBJ's regime.
Do we then portend that Dangote is OBJ's front?
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by oladayo042: 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2009
@poster
Thanks for saying this out loud. May God strengthen his effort.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by Epiphany(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2009
frenchman:

Adenuga was a beneficiary of IBB's regime just like Dangote was a beneficiary though in a crooked way of OBJ's regime.
Do we then portend that Dangote is OBJ's front?

True. I was one of those who thought that Adenuga was IBB's front. More recent events have made me align my thinking to yours.
As far as i am concerned, Adenuga works hard for his business and money and shuns all forms of slothfulness. He does not favour limelight, give away money recklessly and seemingly make un neccessary political statements, voluntarily or otherwise
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by Ibime(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2009
Epiphany:

I was one of those who thought that Adenuga was IBB's front. More recent events have made me align my thinking to yours.

Care to expatiate on these recent events?

I can also become a believer too. cool

Anyways, I believe Mike Adenuga knows how to keep his nose clean by staying out of politics. He saw what happened to MKO and learnt from it.

However, I will not be joining in appreciation of him cos I do not know his actions, and neither do most people.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by dayokanu(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ibime,

Regardless I think he should be appreciated, He was never in Politics and we saw his business empire. We all know of Glo, Conoil and ETB. Not some untraceable wealth of others.
Despite the persecution during OBJ regime the guy still supported Nigerian Sport.

What of other rich folks like Dangote, Otedola and co?. Adenuga is not obliged to support sports in Nigeria but anyone who does should be appreciated. He paid, Vogts and sponsors the Eagles from time to time.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by Nezan(m): 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2009
We need to give kudos to Adenuga. All the other business men: Otedola, Dangote etc had never supported Nigerian football.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by dayokanu(m): 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2009
@Nezan,

Exactly and he is not compelled to do so he does it out of his love for the game. I think its good to appreciate him
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by teetalks: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2009
As if i knew that this thread would come up today!, i had similar talk about Adenuga just yesterday evening, who has seeminly managed his affair very well, walking his way through life in a low profile manner as wealth as he is, i learnt he has a good wife and background that made him rooted in the Biblical belief that "vanity upon Vanity  all is Vanity",
no matter what you say or you dont say,you do or you dont do, do your possible best for humanity and leave the Rest to God
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by gReenmAn(m): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ibime,

Regardless I think he should be appreciated, He was never in Politics and we saw his business empire. We all know of Glo, Conoil and ETB. Not some untraceable wealth of others.
Despite the persecution during OBJ regime the guy still supported Nigerian Sport.

What of other rich folks like Dangote, Otedola and co?. Adenuga is not obliged to support sports in Nigeria but anyone who does should be appreciated. He paid, Vogts and sponsors the Eagles from time to time.

I will join in celebrating Adenuga's obvious patriotism when it comes to sports in Nigeria .
That is where it ends. Full stop.

What I wouldn't do is to laud him as an exemplary rich man with traceable wealth.
What is his pedigree?
His, seems to me a sudden wealth that rose out of the ashes of IBB's junta,
hence the premise, from some quarters, that he is a front for the dictator.

That might not really be far from the truth.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by ayobase(m): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2009
Good thing.

Nigera Is Blessed.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by leighcon(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2009
Did someone say Adenuga has no pedigree C'mon people I think we sometimes need to do research beyond "pepper soup joint gists" and "biased Newspaper reports"

Just a tip ---That man Adenuga was the first person to ever ship to Nigeria   car radios  for vehicles that did not have them  fitted from factory.

The guy met business at home   ooo! - His mother once won the largest distributor of both Nigerian Brewries and Guinness Nigeria in a particular year in the 60's.
Do you also know about  the Glo-1 project he is bankrolling, let him drop all other businesses, that cable will keep his generations to come rich.
That man will be a good mentor if you desire a  "can do spirit"

In my "widows mite" of public comment  I appreciate him for his support for Football development in the country.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2009
Did someone say Adenuga has no pedigree C'mon people I think we sometimes need to do research beyond "pepper soup joint gist" and "biased Newspaper reports"

Just a tip ---That man Adenuga was the first person to ever ship to Nigeria car radios for vehicles that did not have them fitted from factory.
. . . nobody saw him then

That man will be a good mentor if you desire a "can do spirit"

The spirit that drove him to bid for Glo licence is enough to show his 'can do-ness', he lost 20million dollars in his first attempt as CIL, but came back again and bounced back with Glo.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by stmanpule(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2009
Dr Adenuga is not the only one that benefited from Babangida regime, but among those that eat from the government coffers then, how many of them can come out to contribute to community development not to talk of our national goal.
 http://sportsdesks..com
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by leighcon(m): 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2009
Jarus:

The spirit that drove him to bid for Glo licence is enough to show his 'can do-ness', he lost 20million dollars in his first attempt as CIL, but came back again and bounced back with Glo.
And do you also recollect that his bid shook the likes of Bello Osagie at that time. He actually bidded up to $300 million before NCC pegged the license price at $285million for the sake of MTN and Econet the closest bidders who could not go beyond that.

The sensible guy eventually bought a bundle of licenses for $200 million
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by leighcon(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2009
A bank like BNP Paribas will not be willing to associate with somebody who is fronting or a pipe but truth is the 5th largest bank in the world proudly associates with Otunba(Dr) Michael Adeniyi Adenuga (Jr)
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by alex406(m): 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2009
He is worth appreciating,Kudos to you man.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by hbrednic: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2009
appreciation 4 what supporting nigerian football cheesy
make una go rest
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by vikiviko(m): 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
Thank You Mike Adenuga for supporting Nigerian football.

I am a direct beneficiary of Adenuga's generosity, God bless you and your generations.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by blesdman(m): 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2009
this really is a good thread. He is really worth appreciating
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by sheriffman(m): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2009
Whatever anyone has to say about this man I believe he is a good hearted man who has not joined the bandwagon of rich men in politics @ least openly.
A very rich and quiet man in present day Nigeria is a rarity.For his sports sponsorship we are all living witnesses to his works and I pray God continues to bless his business empire.NLders pls lets give this man kudos for dis maybe other pple may also be encouraged to do likewise and lets not forget that this is about the only thing that truly unites Nigerians.
tanx for d thread
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by tayoast(m): 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2009
Yeah, he's being Socially Responsible. Good of him.
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by sley4life(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2009
mike is a sport loving man. Glo 4 life
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by gbabe1: 8:55am On Sep 03, 2009
Yeaaaaaaaa, 0805, iya won,
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by peruso: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2009
SO WHAT IF HE GAINED FROM BABANGIDA ., ABACHA OR ANY OTHER? WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

Y DO NIGERIANS ALWAZ VE TO 2 SEE EVERYONE THAT'S WEALTHY AS A CROOK OR SOMEONE THAT STOLE OR SOMEONE THAT GAIN FROM SOME FRUAD IN THE SOCIETY,

THIS REALLY MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO NO 1 IN THAT IS WEALTHY IN THIS SOCIETY OF OURS EVER MADE MONEY THRU HARD WORK,

PLS PEOPLE SEARCH URSELVES,, IF U EVER BECOME RICH TOMORROW( THATS IF U ARE EVER PLANNING TO ANYWAY) BY UR HARD WORK PPLE WILL STILL SEE YOU!!!!!!! I MEAN YOU!!!!!! THAT THAT THINK ADENUGA IS A THIEF, A CROOK, A ROGUE AS ALL OF THESE,

YOU VE DECIDED NOT TO LOOK AT HIS GOOD WORKS, BUT EVERY OTHER THAT MAY NOT MATTER AT THIS TIME,

BUT YET THIS MAN IS HONORED IN SO MANY OTHER PLACES, ALL WE WILL DO IS TEAR HIM DOWN,

WELL, EVERYMAN TO HIS OWN THOUGHT smiley
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by peruso: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2009
@POSTER
THANKS FOR THE THREAD
ITS WORTHTHEWHILE
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by mbulela: 4:04am On Sep 04, 2009
Jarus:

This is funny.  grin

More seriously, I am one of the very few people that believe[b] Mike Adenuga got his wealth through hardwork, resilience and 'can-do' spirit[/b]. The truth is when you're rich to certain extent, you can't help dining with the presidents. But working to the extent of meeting President is itself no mean feat. This is political economy.
I don't have time to discuss this here, but the whole issue of Adenuga fronting for IBB is exaggerated.

I hold on to my belief.

You have a right to your belief but i doubt his success is a product of hardwork and resilience.
hard work my foot!!!
Re: Appreciating Mike Adenuga For Supporting Nigerian Football by mbulela: 4:09am On Sep 04, 2009
peruso:

SO WHAT IF HE GAINED FROM BABANGIDA ., ABACHA OR ANY OTHER? WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

Y DO NIGERIANS ALWAZ VE TO 2 SEE EVERYONE THAT'S WEALTHY AS A CROOK OR SOMEONE THAT STOLE OR SOMEONE THAT GAIN FROM SOME FRUAD IN THE SOCIETY,

THIS REALLY MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO NO 1 IN THAT IS WEALTHY IN THIS SOCIETY OF OURS EVER MADE MONEY THRU HARD WORK,

PLS PEOPLE SEARCH URSELVES,,  IF U EVER BECOME RICH TOMORROW( THATS IF U ARE EVER PLANNING TO ANYWAY) BY your HARD WORK PPLE WILL STILL SEE YOU!!!!!!! I MEAN YOU!!!!!! THAT THAT THINK ADENUGA IS A THIEF, A CROOK, A ROGUE   AS ALL OF THESE,

YOU VE DECIDED NOT TO LOOK AT HIS GOOD WORKS, BUT EVERY OTHER THAT MAY NOT MATTER AT THIS TIME, 

BUT YET THIS MAN IS HONORED IN SO MANY OTHER PLACES, ALL WE WILL DO IS TEAR HIM DOWN,

WELL, EVERYMAN TO HIS OWN THOUGHT smiley

that is because time and time again, in the process of time, the fraud that the rich perpetuate is made manifest and we see that rather than hardwork and resilience, all they have going for them is being at the right place, being aware of the loopholes and exploiting them.
the cynicism of the Nigerian people is borne out of experience.
there must be very few exceptions but i am yet to see one.
Never forget that Nigerian's are hypocrites, so i am never swayed by what the rich say in public.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Holland vs Slovakia: [2 - 1] 28th June @ World Cup 2010 / Breaking Transfer News: Real Madrid Agree 5 Year Deal With Pogba / Mysterious Figures At Bayern Munich Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.