Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality (552 Views)

Correcting The Impression That South East Have The Smallest Landmass In Nigeria. / Some Ways Average Nigerians Promote Corruption / Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality by Calmwaters(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
I was having an argument with some of my friends concerning the present state of the economy. There was this friend that kept on emphasizing that the government hasn't provided job opportunities and empowered the youths and stuff.

This got me thinking and I realized that the an average Nigerian will complain about this.Let's all get it clear you can't expect to sit at home and the government will come and empower you then you are totally wrong.

First you have to find out what your people in your immediate environment needs that they often overlook but can really give you some profit.The problem most new business ventures face is pressing competition which though is helpful for the consumers in terms of quality and price of the commodity can really crush a young entrepreneur's dream.

Secondly you need to have a feasible plan and start working on this plan definitely you will get recognition from at least your customers who will refer you to others.Even if you need financial backing you can now meet corporate organization that specialize in assessing the feasibility and profit margin of a plan and can lend out cash.

Believe me if you can do this simple things you can be your own boss. All the government has to is to implement policies that will help young entrepreneurs and not to distribute money to anyone that is un-employed

My personal view. I stand to be corrected

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality by thomasthomas: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
I just wanted that FTC seat that's all!

Read my comments below grin grin grin
Re: Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality by thomasthomas: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
You are very correct! An average Nigeria youth complains a lot and believes that he or she shouldn't do anything but wait to be spoon fed by the government.

In as much as the government has its own responsibilities, times have changed, the economy is growing tighter by the day so expecting goodies from the government is not what will happen soon.

I also think that youths because lazy because the last regime really gave out money to people for doing nothing and so most youths are not used to working for themselves rather they are used to be being given money for doing nothing, I mean nothing.

They are lots of millionaires from the last administration who got their millions from doing absolutely nothing as such youth is really against the FG fight against corruption, because they realise that they need to make refunds to the FG.

Good thinking Sir smiley

1 Like

Re: Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality by Calmwaters(m): 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
thomasthomas:
I just wanted that FTC seat that's all!

Read my comments below grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality by mrvitalis(m): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nigerians are physically hardworking but intellectually lazy

We spend billions importing apple that can help grown here
Europe import pinapple and pawpaw from south America will we have better species here
We even import strew when pure water nylon can be used to are it
Infact am tired... Let me get my capital and start jor.. .. .
Re: Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality by egopersonified(f): 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
It's what we were taught by our parents, going to school and getting employed by the government was how they succeeded. This is why some states used to be referred to as civil service states. Thing is, times have changed. Now those who started out on their own are making waves compared to those who went to school.

1 Like

Re: Correcting The Average Nigerians Mentality by thomasthomas: 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
egopersonified:
It's what we were taught by our parents, going to school and getting employed by the government was how they succeeded. This is why some states used to be referred to as civil service states. Thing is, times have changed. Now those who started out on their own are making waves compared to those who went to school.
Wow... I'm so proud of you. I really like the way you reason.

What you said is actually true. The era of going to school to graduate and get a job is gone!

The era we live in demands innovative thinking and creativity!

(1) (Reply)

CAN Accuses President Buhari Of Lopsided Appointment / Be A Leader, Reject Being A Ruler. (photo) / Buhari Led Government: A Nollywood Comedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.