Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,441 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

Do You Need A Pet? See Ten Interesting Facts About The Cat - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Do You Need A Pet? See Ten Interesting Facts About The Cat (610 Views)

Cat Reading At OAU Ife, Awo Hall (Photos) / Jungle Justice On A Pet Python: Man Inspired By Pretty Mike Acquires N23k Python / If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Need A Pet? See Ten Interesting Facts About The Cat by donmayorgroup(m): 11:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
Do you need a pet? Why?

Many persons have different reasons they go for a pet and the kind of pet they go for.

As for me, Am a lover of Cats. I will tell you why cats make the perfect pet.

Number 1, I grew up with cats. We used to have a cat in those days. A well trained cat. It never steal fish neither does it make away with the chicks

Number 2, Here is an excerpt from Dr Karen Becker's Healthy Pets.

Research shows that being able to care for a pet improves our morale, helps validate us and encourages us to take care of ourselves.

Some parents have discovered the family cat can help teach children the values of compassion and gentleness. Most dogs will allow family members to wrestle with them, chase after them, and roughen the house.

In fact, many dogs live for that type of interaction.Cats on the other hand, do not. If a child (or anyone) treats a cat roughly or aggressively, kitty will bolt from the room, putting an end to the interaction between human and pet.

So children learn the difference between sturdier, more tolerant pets and those that require careful, gentle handling.

And That's why cats make my perfect pet!

Do you have the intention of getting a cat today, here are ten basic things you must know about cats.

1. A cat can recognize it's owner's foot steps from 100 feet away.
2. They can digest food without chewing it.
3. Cats' nose prints are unique as human fingerprints.
4. They sleep a lot because their body release growth hormone while they are sleeping.
5. To find out how old your cat is in human years, you add 20

CONTINUE READING>>>http://www.michaeldoosblog.info/2016/06/do-you-need-pet-see-ten-interesting.html

Re: Do You Need A Pet? See Ten Interesting Facts About The Cat by AnodaIT(m): 12:10am On Jun 23, 2016
Make winch follow am enter my house abi?
Re: Do You Need A Pet? See Ten Interesting Facts About The Cat by mankan2k7(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Nobody will tell u that a cat is a definitive host of Toxoplama gondi which causes toxoplasmosis.

Cultural believes is also against it especially in my place

To me no no no to cat
Re: Do You Need A Pet? See Ten Interesting Facts About The Cat by blasiangurl85(f): 10:23am On Jun 23, 2016
mankan2k7:
Nobody will tell u that a cat is a definitive host of Toxoplama gondi which causes toxoplasmosis.

Cultural believes is also against it especially in my place

To me no no no to cat

Yes cats can carry the toxoplasma gondii but not all cats carry it. I've had cats all my life and never had any health isuues. Infact do you know that you can become immune to toxoplasmosis by owning a cat. Plus being roach free and rat free in my house is an added advantage of having cats around me. All those beliefs that cats are witches blablabla is just funny to me. You can only be affected by what you believe.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pure Breed Dogs For Sale . / Whats The Breed Of This Puppies / Dog Boarding And Kennel Services: Keep Your Dog With Us When You Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.