Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? (12382 Views)

How Much Does An Estate Surveyor And Valuers Earn Per Month In Nigeria / How Much Does A Surveyor Earn Per Month In Naija / Who Knows How Valid This Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
So am planning on taking a career path in surveying but don't know where to start, so pls if u have any ideas about where to start pls kindly share.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by virtual3xpert: 1:48am On Jun 24, 2016
moendowed:
So am planning on taking a career path in surveying but don't know where to start, so pls if u have any ideas about where to start pls kindly share.
Quantity Surveying or Land Surveying?
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
Land surveying
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by yeryes199: 7:06am On Jun 27, 2016
moendowed:
Land surveying

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by brunofarad(m): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2016
Here to read comments

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by merits(m): 7:07am On Jun 27, 2016
Somebody destiny is to be determine here,you people should contribute your own quota ooo.because some people can not think for themself orelse they consult the nairaland for non reasonable idea.

But if I may ask,when there is no internet how do we seck for advise?
1)Consult our parents.
2)Elders
3)Imam/clergy.
4)Wife/husband.
5)Brothers/sisters.
6)Friends.
7)School councellor.
coolExperience fellow..............and many more.

Internet idea is not safe for you,follow your heart and pray over it.

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Shittaakeem(m): 7:10am On Jun 27, 2016
you have to study surveying and geo informatics at any higher institution offering the course e.g unilag yabatech futa futminna etc.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 27, 2016
apply for Geoinformatics and Surveying in any higher institution in Nigeria,preferable UNN

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by SmithHumble50: 7:12am On Jun 27, 2016
At what level are u now?

Help is on the way!
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Tolexander: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2016
moendowed:
If you are really interested in knowing the practical aspect of the field and acquire a Post Graduate Diploma in the field, Federal College of Surveying Oyo should be your only destination in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by knacker(m): 7:17am On Jun 27, 2016
Get admitted into Surveying n Geoinformatics (poly preferably )
am in my Finals now @fed poly oko
den after DAT u stay 2yrs pupilage with a registered surveyor den go for exams to be registered

surveying is juicy
and its d bedrock of any sustainable development

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by funmilade4real(m): 7:17am On Jun 27, 2016
K
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by SurewayBookings: 7:18am On Jun 27, 2016
I think there should be a course for that. Better still just google it at compare from all information available there.

Meanwhile if you are visiting Lagos and you need an affordable but classic and secured Hotel to lodge, give me a call with the number on my signature to help you make your reservations at no cost. Avoid coming to Lagos only to find out that the hotel you had in mind is already filled up.

If you also need airport shuttle services or flight bookings call the number in my signature.

Sureway Bookings is always there for you.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by sharisto(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Nice one, am a surveyor, if u need 2, den get admission into the department of surveying and geoinformatics in any higher institution dat is offering the course, am doin my msc now in unn and 4sure it a nice place to study the course. u gad a brighter future cos there are a lot of option to choose from, such as land surveying, hydrographic surveying, engineering surveying, photogrammetry, mining survey and remote sensing. I love Hydrographic survey cos it gives you an opportunity to be in the offshore and that my option in my msc. 4 sure there's much money but it needs u 2 have focus and a brave heart cos it's not that easy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by ecosystm(m): 7:45am On Jun 27, 2016
Go to atbu,is the best in surveying...
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 27, 2016
Hi, it's quite simple

You apply for admission in a uni or poly offering Surveying and Geoinformatics
I would advise that you try to get a uni so as to save you the two years you would need to do a PDG if you graduated from a poly
while in school you can join NIS as a student member or once you graduate join as an associate member
upon completion of NYSC apply to start pupilage with an already registered Surveyor for two years with SURCON
Upon completion you would be qualified to write the exams
if you pass you would be official inducted as a registered SURVEYOR.

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by salvo583: 7:54am On Jun 27, 2016
1. You should have the O'levels requirements and apply for JAMB and pick the Polytechnic or University that offers it.
2. Incase you intend going to a Polytechnic, after your HND and NYSC (If it hasnt being scrapped) you will have to bagged a Professional Diploma (PD) in FSS Oyo or ĶADPoly to enable you start a 2 year pupillage leading to the registration exams
3. If you intend getting a B.Sc in Surveying then afteŕ your 5 year course and NYSC you can apply for your 2 year pupillage so as to qualify for the registration exams.
4. You can get a Degree in other related fields e.g Mathematics, Physics, URP, Geography, Civil Engineering etc then get a Professional Dìploma(PD) at FSS Oyo so as to start your 2 year pupillage leading to the registration exams.
NB:- PD isn't the same as PGD.
@OP I got into the field through number 4. Goodluck!!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by knacker(m): 7:54am On Jun 27, 2016
sharisto:
Nice one, am a surveyor, if u need 2, den get admission into the department of surveying and geoinformatics in any higher institution dat is offering the course, am doin my msc now in unn and 4sure it a nice place to study the course. u gad a brighter future cos there are a lot of option to choose from, such as land surveying, hydrographic surveying, engineering surveying, photogrammetry, mining survey and remote sensing. I love Hydrographic survey cos it gives you an opportunity to be in the offshore and that my option in my msc. 4 sure there's much money but it needs u 2 have focus and a brave heart cos it's not that easy.
senior colleague
I loyal sir
am also interested in doing my Msc on hydrographic surveying
are u currently running d msc now?
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2016
am a Surveying and GEO-INFORMATICS student. Email me at ifeanyiaustin54@yahoo.com for discussions.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by fidinwala(m): 8:07am On Jun 27, 2016
apply via jamb to study Surveying & Geoinformatic preferably ESUT.Enugu State University of Science & Technology.
After graduating and Nysc look for a registered Surveyor office for pupilage, then write to SURCON informing them of your intention to commence pupilage in the office of the the registered Surveyor and once it's approved by the council the date of approval signify the commencement of your pupillage.
the next phase entails some steps ...... later
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by elhafeez(m): 8:33am On Jun 27, 2016
come to the great Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. join the Departments of Geomatics Engineering (Land Survey) under Faculty of Engineering. I must confess, the course is not easy in A.B.U. but since OP is a guru I know am sure you will make first class.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by highskies(m): 8:41am On Jun 27, 2016
You need to apply for surveying and geoinformatics in any of the federal Universities in Naija. Its should take you five years to complete a degree eg:futminna.

After service, you will have to serve housemanship under a registered surveyor for 4years I believe. He will then nominate you for your own registration as a registered surveyor.

Check OSGOF website for more details.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by mkoabiola: 8:50am On Jun 27, 2016
Tolexander:
If you are really interested in knowing the practical aspect of the field and acquire a Post Graduate Diploma in the field, Federal College of Surveying Oyo should be your only destination in Nigeria.
Pls,am interested in applying for PGD
Are u a student of FCS,
What are d requirement?
Can a management graduate apply
When will d form b sold?
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Tolexander: 8:55am On Jun 27, 2016
mkoabiola:
Pls,am interested in applying for PGD Are u a student of FCS, What are d requirement? Can a management graduate apply When will d form b sold?
I'm not a student anyway.
what actually is your discipline?
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by carreport(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2016
Go for Quantity Surveying instead

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank u all for your contributons but I already have B.SC in geography and regional planning, so what do u think I should do next? A masters in surveying or go for school of surveying
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Certifiedbillio(m): 10:11am On Jun 27, 2016
Go to federal college if survey oyo
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by mfess(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2016
You should have simply stated that in your initial post.

Anyways, I think a PGD at an ACCREDITED department would do.

moendowed:
Thank u all for your contributons but I already have B.SC in geography and regional planning, so what do u think I should do next? A masters in surveying or go for school of surveying
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by bobuk: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2016
Apply for surveying and geoinformatics in any university preferably and federal university of technology most preferably. ...its a five (5) years course. I studied it in Futminna. Afterwards apply for pupilage which runs for 2years under a registered surveyor and it will be required of you to submit portfolio quarterly. ...the portfolio wld contain the projects you'v carried out under the supervision of the registered surveyor. After your 2years pupilage, then you will qualify to write the professional examination which you of cos expected to pass to finally be inducted. ...NB. The number of paper you wld sit for depends on your qualification, which is why its preferable to go to a university. Goodluck bro!
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by kimacent(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2016
moendowed:

It's easy brotherman. Obtain a B-tech or a Diploma degree in Land surveying Or Geoinformatics in any of the higher institution. After u most hv gotten ur degree, Serve under a NIS(Nig.institute of surveyors) /SURCON REGISTERED member and learn the work properly. Then u re good to go. It's takes years brotherman. GoodLuck

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by mkoabiola: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2016
Tolexander:
I'm not a student anyway.

what actually is your discipline?
HND ,Accounting.
When is d nx intake?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA / Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? / My Internship Experience: A Journey To Self Realization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.