Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,289 members, 7,829,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! (1004 Views)

EFCC Is Chasing Shadows, Only God Can Decide 2019 - David Mark / "I Heard EFCC Is Cooking Up A Surprise For Me, I Ready For Una" - Dino Melaye / Why EFCC Is Persecuting Me – fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by winningwinner(m): 12:39am On Jun 23, 2016
The Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose, has threatened to name those who financed his governorship election in 2014 if they fail to stand up to the harassment of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, in response to EFCC’s allegation that he benefited from the illegal largesse from the office of the National Security Adviser under Sambo Dasuki, Mr. Fayose, on Wednesday, gave indications as to the sources of finances for his election.

According to him, Zenith Bank Plc largely funded his election, along with friends and associates who donated to his campaign.

The EFCC, in justifying its restriction on the account of the governor, said it had traced funds from the office of the NSA to the accounts of Mr. Fayose and, Musiliu Obanikoro, who is a former Minister of State for Defence.

The commission said the funds, amounting to about N4.7billion, was moved from accounts operated by two of Mr. Obanikoro’s sons where it was transferred to Mr. Fayose’s Zenith Bank account.

But the governor denied the allegation, saying he had no link with monies from the NSA’s office for which Mr. Dasuki and other leaders in the last PDP government are currently facing trial.

“I wish to state further that if it becomes evidently clear that those who willingly provided money for my election can no longer stand by what they did, may be because of threat from the EFCC, I will not hesitate to name names,” he said.

The governor also hinted that the bank only last week collected the identity card of Abiodun Agbele, the holder of the account through which it funded his campaign, in desperation to perfect the account apparently after submitting to the harassment of the EFCC.

“I must say it categorically that I don’t have any link financially with Obanikoro and I know as a fact that he (Obanikoro) has not; and cannot mention my name, as beneficiary of whatever money any company in which he has interest could have gotten from the ONSA if truly Obanikoro collected money from the ONSA as being claimed by the EFCC,” the governor declared.

“Therefore, bringing Obanikoro and his son’s narrative or that the Zenith Bank is telling different stories, having been blackmailed and coerced into submission by the EFCC is a joke that will not fly.”
Mr. Fayose also alleged that the bank opened the account for the purpose of the election, and requested him to present a trusted ally with which it would relate with.

“In actual fact, the account was opened by Zenith Bank hurriedly at that time and Abiodun Agbele’s identity card which ought to have been collected before the account was opened was only collected last week in the bank’s desperation to perfect the account obviously after submitting to the intimidation and harassment of the EFCC,” he said.

The governor described the EFCC’s case against him as “persecution” and a violation of his immunity, urging the anti-graft agency to also beam its searchlights on the funding of the campaigns of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Governor Fayose said:
"The allegation by the EFCC that the funds, amounting to about N4.7billion, was moved from accounts operated by two of Mr. Obanikoro’s sons where it was transferred to Mr. Fayose’s Zenith Bank Account in Ado-Ekiti is baseless. My 2014 election was funded by Zenith Bank Plc, fund raisers, donations from friends and associates, as well as sales of campaign souvenirs.

"I have no financial transaction whatsoever with the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) under Col Sambo Dasuki (rtd) and former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro either by cash, cheque or electronic transfer.”

Fayose challenged the anti-graft agency to publish statements made by Musiliu Obanikoro, his son or other persons associated with funds from the NSA’s supposedly used for his governorship election.

He said: “EFCC is only acting a movie scripted, produced and directed by the All Progressives Congress (APC) government of President Mohammadu Buhari just to silence me being a major opposition voice in the country.”

On the alleged involvement of President Buhari’s wife, Aisha, in
 the Williams Jefferson bribery scam, the governor challenged the president’s wife to visit the United States of America to convince Nigerians that she was not the Aisha Buhari mentioned in the judgment.

“It is on record that the President has visited USA three times and his wife did not travel with him. She ought to have visited USA last year September to chair a United Nation programme but she sent the wife of the Senate President, Mrs Toyin Saraki to represent her.

“I advise that they should keep their gun pounder dry and wait till the end of my tenure in 2018 and I want to assure them that I will be available to answer any of their questions, no matter how unreasonable.”

He added: “Furthermore, Nigerians should know that I have been persecuted by the EFCC before, using phantom N1.2 billion poultry scam and I came out victorious. I was not only acquitted, I got N10 million judgment against the EFCC and my impeachment that was orchestrated by the EFCC was quashed by the Supreme Court.

“Nigerians should recall that it was part of this plot to get back at me because of my critical stance on Buhari’s government that the Ekiti State House of Assembly was invaded by men of the Department of State Service (DSS), placement of travel ban on me and lately, illegal frozen of my account by the EFCC.

“I therefore make bold to state that in the overall interest of democracy and well-being of Nigerians, I will continue to speak my mind on issues bordering on governance in Nigeria. I will not be intimidated.”

The PDP Governors Forum has rallied behind Mr. Fayose condemning the action of the EFCC, particularly the restriction placed on the governor’s bank account.

Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by braine(m): 12:42am On Jun 23, 2016
You can't be poking a lion with a stick then start to shout and act surprised when it bites off your arm.

Fayose never learns.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by yarimo(m): 12:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Fayose is a crazy silly lazy mad dog = AISHA BUHARI 2016
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by Danimighty7(m): 1:03am On Jun 23, 2016
don't understand dis guy any longer

u chuk ur hand inside beans con say may your hand no dirty
Fvcking Mumu
addicted attention seeker

1 Like

Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by fulanimafia: 1:08am On Jun 23, 2016
braine:
You can't be poking a lion with a stick then start to shout and act surprised when it bites off your arm.

Double gbam. The tout simply lacks character, decorum, honour, and dignity.

Imagine shamelessly threatening to bring down his benefactors because he has managed to hang himself with his filthy tongue.

What a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by MalcoImX: 1:11am On Jun 23, 2016
It's dishonorable to name those who thought were helping you at a time you needed help.
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by Xclusivegrin007(m): 1:16am On Jun 23, 2016
In Olamide's voice "yanga dey sleep, na trouble wake am" so dance to d music baba
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by winningwinner(m): 1:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Hmmmm! Interesting.
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by easymanofdpeopl(m): 1:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Please don't cry out yet.
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by AceRoyal: 3:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Those speaking out against Fayose and supporting this tyrannical government have no idea what leadership or democracy means.

A government that silences anyone that speaks against it doesn't mean well for the country.

Yes Fayose might have gone overboard but GEJ suffered worse and yet we had peace.

I'm not in support of corruption but selective justice is in itself injustice and corruption.

If this government continues this bad precedent,2019 would be a do or die affair that might lead to the lose of life of so many Nigerians on a very massive scale,that is if there is still one Nigeria by then.

Too many educated Nigerian,yet very few knowledgeable and wise ones.

I love my Country but I'm ashamed of our leaders.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 23, 2016
[s]
AceRoyal:
Those speaking out against Fayose and supporting this tyrannical government have no idea what leadership or democracy means.
A government that silences anyone that speaks against it doesn't mean well for the country.
Yes Fayose might have gone overboard but GEJ suffered worse and yet we had peace.
I'm not in support of corruption but selective justice is in itself injustice and corruption.
If this government continues this bad precedent,2019 would be a do or die affair that might lead to the lose of life of so many Nigerians on a very massive scale,that is if there is still one Nigeria by then.

[/s]

Recieve sense undecided

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by AceRoyal: 3:37am On Jun 23, 2016
wastedsperm:
[s][/s]

Recieve sense undecided

How can you give what you don't and will never have?tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by hundredhundred: 5:00am On Jun 23, 2016
Cursed animal, that your GF in Magodo will soon abandon you. I will always curse you for bringing shame to Ekiti people and the SW. Ediot

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by Aristo3146(m): 6:29am On Jun 23, 2016
So fayoshame the accuse has turned to the defence...Life is an irony...
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by banki(m): 6:42am On Jun 23, 2016
AceRoyal:

See talk, good luck jonathan also used efcc during his time
Do you remember murtala nyako was his account not frozen? Was he not a serving governor abeg you guys should chill
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 23, 2016
fayoshame , what a shame!
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by 989900: 6:59am On Jun 23, 2016
“I wish to state further that if it becomes evidently clear that those who willingly provided money for my election can no longer stand by what they did, may be because of threat from the EFCC, I will not hesitate to name names,” he said.

God be with whoever does anything in secret with this "quack-quack". sad
Re: Fayose Cries Out: EFCC Is Persecuting Me! by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2016
some people needs common sense from Ben Bruce
this governor has never denied been involved in the scam instead he brought out unfounded allegations against the person of the wife of the president
He said Zenith bank sponsored his election, Zenith bank denied the man
Now the man is crying foul that he would mention the names of those that sponsored his election.
which one should we believe. As a governor he should atleast no how to defend himself even in the face of persecution

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Daughter At Her Call To Bar Ceremony (photos) / PHOTOS: New Acting Police IG Pays Visit To The Defence Headquarters In Abuja. / Jonathan Frustrated Move To Separate Agf’s Office From Justice Minister’s – DSP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.