Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

How To Knot Your Tie For Different Occasion - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Knot Your Tie For Different Occasion (6364 Views)

Photo: Check Out This Funny Head Gear(gele) A Woman Wore To An Occasion / Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot / My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training (2) (3) (4)

(1)

How To Knot Your Tie For Different Occasion by infopreneu(m): 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,

Are you having difficulty knotting a tie for different occasion? Well, I hope the below information will help you solve the problem.

Today, four necktie knots are in widespread use. They are the four-in-hand knot, the half-Windsor knot, the Windsor knot and the Shelby knot. The first three are classic necktie knots that have been used for a long time. The Shelby knot is a more recent necktie knot that was introduced to the public in 1989.

Below shows a comparison table of the four necktie knots, together with the bow tie. It helps you find the answer to the first question that may come up in your mind -- Which necktie knots do I need?

1. Four-in-hand Knot.

It is the easiest to learn among the four most commonly used necktie knots. It is asymmetric, which does not look good on wide collar shirts. It is a small tie knot that suits shirts with a narrow collar opening.
It is suitable for most occasions.

2. Half-Windsor Knot

It is symmetric.
More business like than the four-in-hand knot. It is a little bit more difficult to tie than the four-in-hand knot. It is suitable for most occasions.

3. Windsor Knot.

It is symmetric.
It gives a sense of nobility.
It is a large necktie knot that looks elegant on wide collar shirts. If you use a tie made of thick materials, the resulting knot will be too large.
It is not suitable for narrow collar shirts. It suits shirts with a wide collar opening.
It looks fabulous in business and political occasions.

4. Shelby Knot.

It is a symmetric necktie knot with an average size (sits between the four-in-hand knot and the half-Windsor knot). It does not look too wide or too narrow.
It looks neat. The back of the narrow end of the necktie faces up, which does not look good if it is not well hidden behind the wide end. It is suitable for most shirts and occasions.

5. Bow Tie.

It looks more formal.
It gives a superior appearance. It is more difficult to tie a bow tie than a long necktie. More practices are needed to get a proper shape. It is suitable for formal or high-class occasions such as weddings, balls, etc.

Knowing how to tie the four most commonly used tie knots and a bow tie is more than enough for most situations. If you want to see a live video Tutorial on how to knot a tie using the different styles, you can purchase it from me by sending me an email at this address to indicate your interest: veecomtechnologies@yahoo.com  You may want to continue to the next section for a brief display of one of the style.

Instructions for Tying a Four-in-hand Knot

The instructions for tying a four-in-hand knot are shown below. We assume that you are right-handed in the following instructions. The figures below are mirror images. They are what you will see if you stand in front of a mirror.
1. At the beginning, the wide end of the tie should be on your right side and the other end should be on your left side.

2. Cross the wide end over the other end. Now three regions are formed (Left, Right and Center).

3. Bring the wide end underneath the narrow end from Left to Right.

4. Bring the wide end over from Right to Left.

5. Bring the wide end under the knot to the Center region.

6. Bring the wide end down and pass the loop in front. Ensure that the knot is tightened.

7. Use one hand to pull the narrow end down gently and use the other hand to move the knot up until it reaches the center of the collar.

Email me at veecomtechnologies@yahoo.com  or Call me on 07035036535 for a full video on how to knot your tie in different ways.

Re: How To Knot Your Tie For Different Occasion by mohawkchic(f): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2009
What's The Latest Trend In Tying The Tie?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-288129.0.html

(1)

Davido Vs Wizkid Vs Olamide All Rocking Simple Native Attire — Who Do You Think / Define Fashion? / You're Gonna love These Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.