Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies (49558 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Buhari To Travel Tonight For Medical Followup. VP To Takeover / AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by greatwhite(m): 11:00am On Jun 23, 2016
Angelb4:

Bros, Chat no dey this guy agenda now at all.

The chat is a chance to set the records straight.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2016
I understand why people are suspicious on this anti corruption fight. Just take a look around you, the fight is solely targeted at the opposition. Which doesn't portend well for our democracy. Had it been that this fight for corruption is meted in equal proportion to the officials in govt, APC members then nobody could have been doubting the sincerity of govt fighting this monster called corruption. The truth is that all nigerians will support and appreciate this fight against corruption the very moment is not dented with politics, primordial interest, ethnic colouration, etc.

Look at what is happening today. Almost all the accused are from a particular party. Which supposed not to be so. This is why a case like that of Senator Ben Bruce and AMCON though he maybe guilty may not go down well with most nigerians. We should not give room for public opinion to go in favour of a corrupt individual (confirmed by a competent court not on pages of newspaper) simply because the actions of govt are viewed to be skewd, partial, bias, favoring only his party officials. This is what will define or destroyed the fight for corruption in this govt. Yes, govt has good intentions to fight corruption but it's modus operandi is too bias, suspicious and it's seems to be targeting only the perceived opponents even when govt has a genuine case to follow it to a logical end. I JUST WANT TO MAKE A COMMON SENSE.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by freekick: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2016
Thank u my broda.
Adekunleideology:
We all must join hands to make "Nigeria" a better place. Irrespective of our tribes,ethnicity,party affiliations and religious lines. We should never forget that our unity is in our diversity and our bond is in our differences ...Nigeria..Good People Great Nation.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by fkj950ax(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2016
rose54321:
Haba na, the Federal government should step in and bail out companies like this.

If Silverbird is closed down, it's average Nigerians like me and you that will lose their jobs and suffer.

This is common sense, the government should put systems in place to help business and companies from closing down. The military approach wouldn't work here.

I have said my own, if things keep getting hard the masses will protest.

The Federal Government had done that years ago.
That's why AMCON bought the loan off Union Bank 11 years ago.
It's government stepping in to save Union Bank workers and Silver bird Workers.
It's government stepping in and giving Silver bird management 11 years to reorganize.
Ain't no military approach here.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Mekzyzeus(m): 11:03am On Jun 23, 2016
deji68:
Why only Ben Bruce. ...dangote otedola e.t.c dey the List of debors too...we are heading to a one party state angry angry

Just negodu your reasoning !! What has party affiliation got to do with debt?? Why borrow money if you can't pay back?? Tis COMMON SENSE to always pay your debts!

2 Likes

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2016
The Common sense professor didnt have the common sense to repay his debts, he didnt even use the money to develop his place.
Just used it to build those crappy cinemas that show pirated films. sad

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by seguno2: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2016
dammytosh:
WITCH HUNT.

So witch borrowed money and did not pay back ?

Witch did not service the loan.

I pray we receive sense sooner than we can.

================================================
HOW TO GET AWAY WITH FINANCIAL CRIME IN NIGERIA
================================================

1. Borrow Billions of Money and dont pay back or service it as agreed.

2. Collect Billions from Dansuki,

3. Register with PDP and be a card carrying member

4. Open twitter account .

5. Retwee, repost any hash Tag with "Buhari is a dullard", "Buari is a tyrant", "Buhari is a thief", " Buhari does not have common sense".
This qualify you to be an opposition leader.

6. Repeat 5 and be louder as much as you can.

7. Repeat 5 and 6 and be a bit louder. ( By now you are the voice of the common man a.k.a THE WAILERS)

8. Once they arrest you say they want to silence your voice.

Are the late Audu of Kogi and Timiprye Sylva of Bayelsa who were APC candidates still card carrying members of PDP?
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by sammft99: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2016
PMB should also go after Companies that refused to increase salaries in the past 8 years.except his fight is just to go after any body who is critical of his government of change.....
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Charly68: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2016
Abagworo:

That is so annoying my brother. A lot of people with good business ideas get frustrated by financial institutions while the super rich get loans even without collateral. How then will the young grow?
Nemesis is catching up with them little by little. Let them continue to waste their dubious money on propaganda against the Govt.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by sunshine19: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2016
erusen:
common company, which one you get

Ouch
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by jollymizzle(m): 11:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Bmb should just use common sense pay the money to avoid embarrassment. Simple
How is someone else supposed to get credit facility for their own business when just one person sits on 11 billion.bmb no be only u get business ideas.pay up
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Etinosajay(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2016
wowmenow:

what about the other people that have there business in the building
amcon is making alot of Nigerians jobless

What are you not getting?

Nobody working there will be sacked. They will remain there and receive their normal salaries.

The only thing changing is the management of the company, meaning the profit and money made now goes to AMCON until debt owed is settled.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by otokx(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2016
Sunsets:
"...the magnificent structure located at Abonnema Wharf Road and Abali Park in Port Harcourt City of Rivers State."
IS it the Kiosk that they are referring to as 'magnificent'? Its as small as maggi structure.

chai
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2016
hmm
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by predatorX: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2016
XX01:

Silverbird won't be closed down. the difference is that it will be under new management and the proceeds will go to settling their debts and paying off ancillary costs. AMCON is the Federal govt stepping in. If not, the bank would have to sell the properties to regain their money and people would be out of jobs.

Tell 'em hun. Some people may never have heard about AMCON in their entire existence. When there was no AMCON, to even save Money for bank na risky venture. At least now we have the assurance that our money is intact no matter the situation.
And union bank isn't gonna get the entire 11 billion that they loaned Mr Common sense, a chunk of that sum would be deducted. Such punitive measure would serve as penance for loaning without appropriate collaterals.
If na common farmer request for small loan now them go tell you to bring C of O of your family house at Lekki phase 1 for collateral.

3 Likes

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Compliant(m): 11:53am On Jun 23, 2016
truthspeaks:
I meant, it's wat politics come wit. Aftrall BMB won't be d 1st n last biz man to owe. Even Dangote de owe, Donald trump de owe even as rich as they are. It's because BMB is in opposition n they knw he has a strong media influence. 2019 is fast approaching n ApC knows it will lose. So they hv to start eliminating all opposition from now

HONESTLY IS LIKE YOU REASON WITH YOUR ANUS

DANGOTE IS OWING AND SERVICING HIS DEBT

DONALD TRUMP FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY MORE THAN 3 TIMES NOW

THIS IS HOW SAVANNA BANK DIED THEN DUE TO DEBT UNPAID AND LOTS OF ORDINARY MAN DIED THEN DUE TO HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

I KNOW YOU ARE STILL A BABY, KINDLY GO BACK HOME AND ASK YOUR FATHER ABOUT SAVANNA BANK
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 23, 2016
deji68:
Why only Ben Bruce. ...dangote otedola e.t.c dey the List of debors too...we are heading to a one party state angry angry
they are not in default .... sani dangotes firm dansa is also in receivership via amcon
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by buksaylor001: 11:58am On Jun 23, 2016
He has common sensed himself into trouble just like Fayoshe -
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by feedthenation(m): 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
It is so sad that majority of us in this nation are devoid of basic comprehension...little wonder our basic understanding of the english language is very limited.

AMCON was set up to help troubled banks in 2010.
AMCON bought the debts of most banks going through financial distress.
AMCON took over all the debts and have every right to go after debt defaulters.
AMCON must have given the Silverbird Group enough opportunities to service their debt portfolio.
Unfortunately, as the article stated, Silverbird have repeatedly failed.
What's next, AMCON have the legal right to takeover Silverbird Group, appoint new administrators who will ensure the Group operates profitably and the debts are well serviced.
By doing this AMCON is saving the jobs of hundred of Silverbird employees who would have been jobless should the company pack up.

Earlier this week, it was detailed that AMCON is also in the process of taking over Jimoh Ibrahim companies due to a debt of ₦50bn, why do some people who are now shouting 'political witch-hunt' say something then.

We should stop this myopic blindness that PMB is only targeting selected individuals and lets call a spade a spade.

3 Likes

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
feedthenation:
It is so sad that majority of us in this nation are devoid of basic comprehension...little wonder our basic understanding of the english language is very limited.

AMCON was set up to help troubled banks in 2010.
AMCON bought the debts of most banks going through financial distress.
AMCON took over all the debts and have every right to go after debt defaulters.
AMCON must have given the Silverbird Group enough opportunities to service their debt portfolio.
Unfortunately, as the article stated, Silverbird have repeatedly failed.
What's next, AMCON have the legal right to takeover Silverbird Group, appoint new administrators who will ensure the Group operates profitably and the debts are well serviced.
By doing this AMCON is saving the jobs of hundred of Silverbird employees who would have been jobless should the company pack up.

Earlier this week, it was detailed that AMCON is also in the process of taking over Jimoh Ibrahim companies due to a debt of ₦50bn, why do some people who are now shouting 'political witch-hunt' say something then.

We should stop this myopic blindness that PMB is only targeting selected individuals and lets call a spade a spade.
they are trying hard to peddle falsehood knowing how low depth Nigerian can think....dangote (dansa) juice was also collected by amcon over 5 billion debth..same union bank and is not suppression of opposition ....come to think of it the 11 billion naira union bank loan is put together by all people saving in the bank ,akara seller, market woman bus conductor ,peasant
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by rogalagu: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ben Murray-Bruce really has an ax to grind. N11b is a whopping sum of money.His constituency vote for three stretch of senatorial tenures cannot offset the bill. And who gives him three stretch of senatoiral tenures in a volatile state like Bayelsa. Maybe he can organise miiss World pageant this time to generate enough money for this purpose.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
wawaboy1:

WETIN CONCERN PMB FOR THE MATTER;
WOULD IT HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR THE BANK TO GO DOWN.

SOME PPLE LIKE TO CRY FOR ANYTHING SHA

Its not their fault, they have been programmed to cry automatically on hearing the name Buhari or anything related to his APC led government - so its normal for them.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by arresa: 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
a2personal2013:
Wahala dey ooooo. Everybody that has voiced against this government is now being pursued by one legality or the other. We are all watching in 3D googles where this will lead us to.

We have an unending list of debtors cutting across various Nigerian businesses. Why is BMB being singled out ?

Like we always say " whatever is good for Boniface should equally be good for boniyarnsh"

Your enemies can not do anything to you if you are not corrupt or did not violate any law.

The money these thieves stole, borrowed and never returned came from your pocket so where is the sense and wisdom in defending these thieves?

You cry every day because you don't have good roads, good schools, hospitals, light and so on, but you still stick your neck out for the same mean and crooked people responsible for your misery.

Or they should be allowed to walk away with our billions because of whatever anti social sentiments people like you peddle?

I really wonder about you people somtimes..
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by marv1: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
I dont give a hoot about wheither buhari is silencing oppositions or not. When another party gets to power, let them also continue to 'silence oppositions'. It is for the good of democracy in nigeria. A time will come that nigerian politicians would sit up.
Mboi:
Nigerians hope you are watching. This govt fights anybody that speaks against it. The painful thing is that our able youths have sold their brains out to the dogs and applaud this govt for doing this. Buhari APC govt cannot do anything in Nigeria. They only fight the opposition and embezzle money. This is the worst and most corrupt govt ever. Those who celebrate this should know that the time when they will cry and wish there's somebody to speak for them as these people being fought now are doing is near.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by seguntijan(m): 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Why do we politicize everything in Nigeria? Ben Bruce took loans from banks, the loans become toxic, AMCON a subsidiary of CBN buys toxic loans from Commercial banks. It is the duty of AMCON to recover such toxic loans bought from Commercial banks from the beneficiaries. If AMCON now wants to take charge of the assets Ben Bruce used as collateral what is the big deal here? My former company suffered the same fate and it is now under the management of AMCON.
The establishment of AMCON was a brilliant idea of the former CBN Governor Emir Sanusi. Without AMCON many banks would have gone under and poor people like me and you will lose substantially our money with such banks while people like Ben Bruce smile on with the fortunes they make from our sweats.
Let us not left at our heads at all times, let us be realistic for sometime.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by coolscott(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
I understand why people are suspicious on this anti corruption fight. Just take a look around you, the fight is solely targeted at the opposition. Which doesn't portend well for our democracy. Had it been that this fight for corruption is meted in equal proportion to the officials in govt, APC members then nobody could have been doubting the sincerity of govt fighting this monster called corruption. The truth is that all nigerians will support and appreciate this fight against corruption the very moment is not dented with politics, primordial interest, ethnic colouration, etc.

Look at what is happening today. Almost all the accused are from a particular party. Which supposed not to be so. This is why a case like that of Senator Ben Bruce and AMCON though he maybe guilty may not go down well with most nigerians. We should not give room for public opinion to go in favour of a corrupt individual (confirmed by a competent court not on pages of newspaper) simply because the actions of govt are viewed to be skewd, partial, bias, favoring only his party officials. This is what will define or destroyed the fight for corruption in this govt. Yes, govt has good intentions to fight corruption but it's modus operandi is too bias, suspicious and it's seems to be targeting only the perceived opponents even when govt has a genuine case to follow it to a logical end. I JUST WANT TO MAKE A COMMON SENSE.

[size=13pt]It is not even a crime to owe debts. It only means your business cannot pay its debts. And debts are paid over time. Repayment plans get restructured to facilitate the successful servicing of the debts.

AMCON currently needs to be saved as I hear and I know the amount is estimated at =N=6.6trillion:
http://www.punchng.com/amcons-total-debt-now-n6-6tn/

It will be interesting to know the others who have not been able to pay off their loans.

And it is interesting that president Buhari and those around him cannot see that it is apparent to all why he is being singled out right now and this way.
[/size]

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by truthspeaks: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
My dear friend. I belong to #TeamNeutral. If d govt does well, I ll hail it. If it does bad, I ll criticize it. D economy is in bad shape, Nigerians r hungry. Instead of the president to wrestle d economy n ensure Nigerians hv food on their, he z going about arresting n detaining political opponents. So tel me who will d anti-corruption benefit, dead citizens?if BMB is an ApC member, wld u hear abt dis case?
kingkakaone:

I disagree with u. he is completely doing what he said he would do(anti corruption war is never a peaceful war sir).
I advice u to leave politicians alone if not u will be ignored at the end.
I think u said those because u personally do not like the president.
Join my team, #TEAMNEUTRAL and u will only laugh in all these.
put ur trust in God and leave these politicians to settle their scores.
Anyway, thanks my friend u are matured in ur reply
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by sweetgala(m): 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
houstonia:
what more evidence do we need to identify a tyrant, after them go yab GEJ a man who withstood every opposition, degradation, insults and criticism with silence. Wole Soyinka you won't tell them again “any government that is afraid of criticism is......... ”

Murray Bruce is not innocent of the crime. Has he defaulted on his business agreements yes. If he owes money to banks who are doing business with depositors money then AMCON can come in as administrators
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by xxgig(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
thomasthomas:
Not everyone is as silly as you guys. Ben Bruce has been tweeting about how to run the cou try with just common sense and yet he can't run a common company.

I may or may not have but I'm won't criticise someone else for not doing well if I'm not doing well.

It's not a matter of having or not having a company. Some of you need to have your certificates torn and burn for failing comprehension! angry angry
I love this. Its epic
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by tosinbabe(f): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
SMH for the senator wey look like Obama but behave like papa Emeka the chronic debtor! gringringringrin

ConMan sense!
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by iberu001(m): 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
so because of ben bruce make my bank fold up, so that they won't be able to pay customers there money when they fold up?Make thunder fire any one whey want my bank(union bank) to fold up. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by jpphilips(m): 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
a2personal2013:
Wahala dey ooooo. Everybody that has voiced against this government is now being pursued by one legality or the other. We are all watching in 3D googles where this will lead us to.

We have an unending list of debtors cutting across various Nigerian businesses. Why is BMB being singled out ?

Like we always say " whatever is good for Boniface should equally be good for boniyarnsh"

That shows you how unintelligent the so called opposition is, they bring rogues as their mouthpieces, common sense dictates that before you come out to oppose the Govt, you should at least burry the skeletons in your cupboard. Do you have any idea what Obj's govt did to Tinubu then?
They should shop for human beings and do away with rogues!! How that common sense eludes the common sense "sinator" eludes me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Posting Photos Of Dead Soldiers On Social Media: Army To Take Legal Action / Buhari To EU: We Will Defeat Boko Haram With Civil War Experience / Reno Omokri Reacts To 2face Idibia's Cancelled Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.