Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb (5540 Views)

Governors Approve Withdrawal Of $1 Billion From ECA To Fight Boko Haram / What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / EFCC Gets New Operational Vehicles, Pics Of EFCC Boss Magu Test Driving Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 7:34am On Jun 23, 2016
Barely 24 hours after news broke that the EFCC has frozen the personal account of Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, former Akwa Ibom State Governor and Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio who is currently being investigated by the EFCC over allegations of embezzlement of public funds and looting of over #2.7 trillion from the coffers of the Akwa Ibom State Government hurriedly withdrew #17.4 billion from his bank accounts.

The withdrawals were made simultaneously in Abuja, Lagos and Uyo the Akwa Ibom State capital. The money were withdrawn from Akpabio’s account in Zenith, Stanbic IBTC and GTB. An aide of the Secretary to the Akwa Ibom State Government (SSG) coordinated the Uyo withdrawal, an associate of the former Governor handled the Lagos withdrawals while a senior legislative aide at the office of the Senate Minority Leader took charge of the Abuja withdrawals. Investigation by our reporter reveals the withdrawals were done within a period of four hours.

Also, fear, panic, anxiety and apprehension was visible in Ukana, Akpabio’s ancestral hometown as an emergency meeting of Akpabio’s immediate family was summoned secretly on Tuesday night at the Ukana country home of Senator Akpabio, just hours upon receiving the news of the freezing of the bank account of the Governor of Ekiti State. Sources privy to the meeting confided in our reporter that the likelihood of the EFCC freezing the accounts of other members of the Akpabio dynasty was also discussed.

A visibly shaken family member was alleged to have faulted Akpabio’s call for the immunity clause to be extended to principal members of the National Assembly, insisting that apart from compelling the anti graft agencies to beam more searchlight on Akpabio, his advocacy is capable of instigating a more aggressive investigation on the finances of Akwa Ibom State from 2007-2015, especially coming at a time Akpabio’s former finance commissioner and colleague in the Senate, Senator Bassey Albert is also asking for amnesty to all who have looted the state treasury.

A cousin to the Senate Minority Leader who benefitted from several contracts running into billions of Naira when Akpabio was Governor was said to have been cold and sober all through the meeting and hurriedly cancelled his trip to Dubai. He was initially billed to travel to the emirate country with his family. The meeting which lasted for more than three hours was also attended by a regional manager of one of the new generation banks in Uyo.

http://www.thekillerpunch.com/efccs-freezing-fayoses-account-akpabio-withdraws-17-4billion-zenith-stanbic-gtb-accounts/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by brunofarad(m): 7:36am On Jun 23, 2016
Source ?
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Adaowerri111: 7:36am On Jun 23, 2016
sauce abi source sef
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Liberty90: 7:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Buhari will destroy this country. Wealthy Nigerians with perceived fear will start withdrawing their money and before you know it banks are out of cash; no liquidity in the market, no money to loan out, and they will fold up. When ordinary folks like us come to withdraw our money, banks will start rationing withdrawals like Venezuela and Greece. Buhari...stop this unnecessary hit on the polity; we already have enough problems at hand.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by SeverusSnape(m): 7:38am On Jun 23, 2016
Lies.
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by project8(m): 7:41am On Jun 23, 2016
akpabio hands are nt clean bt i doubt if its possible to withdraw a huge amount runnin into billions ib one day witout efcc and cbn knowing.come up wit anoda story pls

5 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 7:42am On Jun 23, 2016
Now the Niger Delta Avengers if truly they are concerned about the common man should know where to direct their fight to. Niger Delta leaders...

For those of you saying it's a lie, I just pity you that's all I'll say for now. grin

You keep crying and wailing everyday about the economy and at the same time supporting people who are destroying the economy; is that not foolishness? Continue wailing....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Emekamex(m): 7:43am On Jun 23, 2016
I smell lienus

4 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Oche211(m): 7:45am On Jun 23, 2016
Waiting for a more reliable source like sahara reporters. I don't knw the killer punch at all.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 7:45am On Jun 23, 2016
Liberty90:
Buhari will destroy this country. Wealthy Nigerians with perceived fear will start withdrawing their money and before you know it banks are out of cash. When ordinary folks like us come to withdraw our money, banks will start rationing withdrawals like Venezuela. Buhari...stop this unnecessary hit on the polity; we already have enough problems at hand.
Your ignorance stinks! How did Akpabio become a billionaire if not a trillionnaire?

Does he have an industry? What does he do for a living?

Please don't make that silly mistake of adding thieves to hardworking wealthy people. Why should anyone fear if your wealthy is clean and you can prove it?

20 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 7:48am On Jun 23, 2016
project8:
akpabio hands are nt clean bt i doubt if its possible to withdraw a huge amount runnin into billions ib one day witout efcc and cbn knowing.come up wit anoda story pls
So if the EFCC and CBN didn't notice how come is in the media? Some of you always want to sound intelligent but end up showing your ignorance.

Do you work in the EFCC or CBN?
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Rossikk(m): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2016
17.4 billion?

These people lack fear of God in them, honestly..

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by biazarre(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2016
Liberty90:
Buhari will destroy this country. Wealthy Nigerians with perceived fear will start withdrawing their money and before you know it banks are out of cash; no liquidity in the market, no money to loan out, and they will fold up. When ordinary folks like us come to withdraw our money, banks will start rationing withdrawals like Venezuela and Greece. Buhari...stop this unnecessary hit on the polity; we already have enough problems at hand.
. aaarrrgghhhh!!! I used to say it n I will cont to say it.... some people nid to b deported to sahara desert from dis country.... see comment oooo.. ar u not part of us in dis country? or u just got in from d moon... so buhari should leave dose guy to build their future on our commonwealth while peeps like u cont to receive a bag of rice for election or a 50k monthly paid job... Nigerians let us widen d way we brood a little.....
and for d record i did nt believe dis little write up.... it lacks solid back up....

7 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Liberty90: 7:57am On Jun 23, 2016
thomasthomas:
[s]Your ignorance stinks! How did Akpabio become a billionaire if not a trillionnaire?

Does he have an industry? What does he do for a living?

Please don't make that silly mistake of adding thieves to hardworking wealthy people. Why should anyone fear if your wealthy is clean and you can prove it?[/s]

yorubaa brain...hypocrisy. How did Buhari become a billionaire to own 4 billion worth of House in Abuja? How did Buhari afford to pay his children school fees in London worth over 50,000 pounds per a person per semester? How did Tinubu become a billionaire? Dull thing!

8 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by project8(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2016
thomasthomas:
So if the EFCC and CBN didn't notice how come is in the media? Some of you always want to sound intelligent but end up showing your ignorance.

Do you work in the EFCC or CBN?
i tink ur d one showing ur ignorance.well i rest my case cos i wont argue wit sumone who doesnt understand simple explanation
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by rose54321: 8:05am On Jun 23, 2016
Truth be told, if I also have a similar amount of money in the bank, with the current trend I will do same.

This though will negatively affect the economy, I.e. when large sums of money are redrawn. Other politicians will follow suit.

EFCC should take baby steps, so that Nigeria doesn't die in the process of "fighting corruption".

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by MalcoImX: 8:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Liberty90:
No honest man will ever tremble that Hus money is unsafe in the banks. It is the guilty that are afraid.

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Liberty90:

yorubaa brain...hypocrisy. How did Buhari become a billionaire to own 4 billion worth of House in Abuja? How did Buhari afford to pay his children school fees in London worth over 50,000 pounds per a person per semester? How did Tinubu become a billionaire? Dull thing!

Is Buhari a billionaire? I didn't know that! Tell me more.

Do you know how many middle class parents in Nigeria whose children school abroad?

Your comparison shows you lack simple analysis. Studying abroad is no big deal!

10 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 8:26am On Jun 23, 2016
project8:
i tink ur d one showing ur ignorance.well i rest my case cos i wont argue wit sumone who doesnt understand simple explanation
Why chicken out?

Have you heard of the word whistleblower? grin grin cheesy

Let me not waste my time with you! cheesy cheesy
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by ollymoore: 8:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Liberty90:
wat is d usefulness of d billions naira and dollars dey keeping in d banks while me and u are finding it difficult to take 3 times meals in a day

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 8:28am On Jun 23, 2016
MalcoImX:
No honest man will ever tremble that Hus money is unsafe in the banks. It is the guilty that are afraid.
Don't mind them! Nigerians are corrupt that's why! Most of their wealth is not from a legal source that's why they are all afraid!

Buhari said he was going to fight corruption and that's what he is doing!

4 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 8:30am On Jun 23, 2016
ollymoore:
wat is d usefulness of d billions naira and dollars dey keeping in d banks while me and u are finding it difficult to take 3 times meals in a day
Thank you sir for that point!

Akpabio doesn't have a single industry meaning he is not employing anyone and iI can bet you those supporting him are still looking for jobs and happy that he has billions without providing jobs for them. Ignorant youths

6 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by ollymoore: 8:30am On Jun 23, 2016
Rossikk:
17.4 billion?

These people lack fear of God in them, honestly..
but my question is were is he taking d money to now because I no still understand at all

4 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by thomasthomas: 8:32am On Jun 23, 2016
rose54321:
Truth be told, if I also have a similar amount of money in the bank, with the current trend I will do same.

This though will negatively affect the economy, I.e. when large sums of money are redrawn. Other politicians will follow suit.

EFCC should take baby steps, so that Nigeria doesn't die in the process of "fighting corruption".
if you do same then it means it's a stolen money period!

Is Dangote afraid?

Is Tony Elumelu afraid?

Is Otedola afraid?

You guys just lack reasoning!

7 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by DaBullIT(m): 8:35am On Jun 23, 2016
17Billion
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Liberty90: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2016
thomasthomas:

Is Buhari a billionaire? I didn't know that! Tell me more.

Do you know how many middle class parents in Nigeria whose children school abroad?

Your comparison shows you lack simple analysis. Studying abroad is no big deal!

I feel sorry for you,,,chicken brain
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Icecream4U(m): 9:01am On Jun 23, 2016
rose54321:

yes, you will do same if you've been piling up stolen money in your account. If no stolen money can be traced to your account, nobody will freeze it.
Last time I checked, dangote and adenuga still have their money intact in the banks

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by mrvitalis(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2016
Any Nigerian politician that steal money from his people will ever have peace of mind....
May their children become more useless to them as they have made Nigerian children
May they never find peace and happiness until they return all they stole

My there life never know happiness

This is the prayers I need from pastors every day

Like to say amen

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by banki(m): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Liberty90:
withdraw it and take it to where? You guys make it laugh is it not within d same financial circle?

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by ollymoore: 10:16am On Jun 23, 2016
thomasthomas:
Thank you sir for that point!

Akpabio doesn't have a single industry meaning he is not employing anyone and iI can bet you those supporting him are still looking for jobs and happy that he has billions without providing jobs for them. Ignorant youths
don't mind d useless people wit wrong head
Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by Koleman(m): 10:23am On Jun 23, 2016
even though I am pro Nigerian I won't just comment like my iPod peeps usually do.... one thing is for sure the source get k-leg

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Efcc: Akpabio Withdraws N17.4 Billion From Zenith, Stanbic Ibtc And Gtb by donodion(m): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Oh Yeaah...im loving this ripple effect.

We need not seek for loan from outside.
All that fund needed to run this government and country lies in the hands of few......you can run but you cant hide....Mr Magu of EFCC..Ride on.

The glorious days of EFCC is back...and at the right time !

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Wike Bans Chelsea Fans In Rivers State Due To Noise Pollution / Throw Back Picture Of Akeredolu And His Wife / Islam:you Can Marry 5 Years Old Girl And Wait Till She Is Ripe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.