Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria (1555 Views)

Fayose: No Grazing Land For Herdsmen In Ekiti / Fayose: No Grazing Land For Herdsmen In Ekiti / Fayose: No Grazing Land For Herdsmen In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 7:58am On Jun 23, 2016
The rate at which buhari wants to bring fayose down if he succeed their will be no opposition in Nigeria.

All those that can speak have been threatened by efcc even notorious activist like femi falana are all quiet

We are setting a very bad precedent we are making buhari to become a dictator without knowing

The kind of pressure Nigerians assist buhari and efcc to fight the so called corruption we can put such pressure on the economy we will not be where we are.

The only thing buhari have achieve in the last one year is to brainwashed Nigerians with the fight of corruption if fighting corruption is that important than the economy buhari should tell Nigerians how much he has realised in the last year from fighting corruption.

Buhari and his wife rants on Twitter when fayose accuse her of corruption but no comment on 40 people killed in Benue

Why I love the northerners
See the rate the northerners protecting there own even ribadu from PDP also support his Fulani kinsmen

While our south south people is keeping quiet when the northerners harrased us

2 Likes

Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by justice2016: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2016
Yes Buhari is focused on silencing the opposition. He has taken Metu and Ffk ..fayode now now he is targetting Fayose .Too bad
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by biazarre(m): 8:22am On Jun 23, 2016
do u think DAT is a logical n reasonable avenue to oppose in a Democratic state Mr op??
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Fayose is going about it the wrong way!!!!!...you don't make noise to kill noise!!
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by PigMeat: 8:26am On Jun 23, 2016
biazarre:
do u think DAT is a logical n reasonable avenue to oppose in a Democratic state Mr op??
what are u saying Mr? Must u comment? This is democracy, not military regime. Someone ought to be kept in check before things escalates.
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by haykay2005: 8:31am On Jun 23, 2016
wowmenow:
The rate at which buhari wants to bring fayose down if he succeed their will be no opposition in Nigeria.

All those that can speak have been threatened by efcc even notorious activist like femi falana are all quiet

We are setting a very bad precedent we are making buhari to become a dictator without knowing

The kind of pressure Nigerians assist buhari and efcc to fight the so called corruption we can put such pressure on the economy we will not be where we are.

The only thing buhari have achieve in the last one year is to brainwashed Nigerians with the fight of corruption if fighting corruption is that important than the economy buhari should tell Nigerians how much he has realised in the last year from fighting corruption.

Buhari and his wife rants on Twitter when fayose accuse her of corruption but no comment on 40 people killed in Benue

See the rate the northerners protecting there own even ribadu from PDP also support his Fulani kinsmen

Bitter truth!
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by ymdo(m): 8:38am On Jun 23, 2016
In my opinion, Fayose is not an opposition but someone who has skeleton in his cupboard. He has been running his mouth all this while so that he can easily term it "PERSECUTION" if eventually the searchlight beams on him.

3 Likes

Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 8:57am On Jun 23, 2016
That's a lie.. Fayose had never really played the role of an opposition... It's fast becoming clear that he was only trying to play a fast one on the intelligence of the "few"
What Nigeria need is a formidable and credible opposition and I'm hoping PDP will put their house in order asap, correct her mistakes and start performing their role.
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2016
biazarre:
what is logical way opposing a government in power
do watch Donald trump speech yesterday on how he attack Hillary Clinton and Obama nobody harassed him or his business
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 9:43am On Jun 23, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Fayose is going about it the wrong way!!!!!...you don't make noise to kill noise!!

which is the right way
if aisha buhari did not commit the crime why not take fayose to court than freezing his account
now buhari his harassing fayose wife everybody keep quiet even among Yorubas
Nuhu Ribadu of PDP support Aisha Buhari because they are northerners
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 9:45am On Jun 23, 2016
ymdo:
In my opinion, Fayose is not an opposition but someone who has skeleton in his cupboard. He has been running his mouth all this while so that he can easily term it "PERSECUTION" if eventually the searchlight beams on him.

what is an opposition
is there any politician that did not have skeleton in his cupboard
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 9:47am On Jun 23, 2016
Alexk2:
That's a lie.. Fayose had never really played the role of an opposition... It's fast becoming clear that he was only trying to play a fast one on the intelligence of the "few"
What Nigeria need is a formidable and credible opposition and I'm hoping PDP will put their house in order asap, correct her mistakes and start performing their role.

what do you mean by formidable opposition
so when lai Mohammed was insulting Jonathan is that formidable opposition
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2016
wowmenow:

what is logical way opposing a government in power
do watch Donald trump speech yesterday on how he attack Hillary Clinton and Obama nobody harassed him or his business
bruv abeg some peeps are hell bent on supporting buhari in any move he takes...but nigerian youth a time is coming we would all regret...I can remember donald trump calling obama a lazy,hypocrite he would send back to kenya without fbi pursuing him..God help us
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by OLADD: 9:53am On Jun 23, 2016
ymdo:

But Amaechi was "an opposition" when he was running his mouth against Jonathan and his wife? Some of you can be disgusting.
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 9:54am On Jun 23, 2016
adajiboyy:
bruv abeg some peeps are hell bent on supporting buhari in any move he takes...but nigerian youth a time is coming we would all regret...I can remember donald trump calling obama a lazy,hypocrite he would send back to kenya without fbi pursuing him..God help us
they dont know thatthis how all tyrants are made
they closed ben bruce business but they allow atiku to move freely because he is a northerner and APC

1 Like

Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by bender79: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Fayose is a local champion...who dash monkey opposition?
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2016
wowmenow:

U r correct, Fayose is d only opposition in Nigeria today n once buhari succeeds in using EFCC to nail him then naija is doomed.

Fayose a very courageous n fearless man if only we had more ppl in opposition today falana n Soyinka is nw deaf n dump, NLC n pdp disintegrated. So sad we still have 3more yrs b4 we can vote out buhari abo.ki ass frm d villa
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2016
ogawisdom:

U r correct, Fayose is d only opposition in Nigeria today n once buhari succeeds in using EFCC to nail him then naija is doomed.
so true
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2016
wowmenow;

what do you mean by formidable opposition
so when lai Mohammed was insulting Jonathan is that formidable opposition

Formidable =United for a common course... That is what helped APC while in the opposition; can PDP just give us that and stop blaming everybody for their failures. Nigeria need strong opposition that can objectively criticise the govt when necessary while offering a much more better alternative to the people for the sake of 2019.
Im not a fan of APC but truth be told, if PDP continue like this, their failure in 2019 will be the worst ever recorded in our history.
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by googlepikins: 11:38am On Jun 23, 2016
God will continue to bless and give fayose strength to fight the jihadist
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by duality(m): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Alexk2:

Formidable =United for a common course... That is what helped APC while in the opposition; can PDP just give us that and stop blaming everybody for their failures. Nigeria need strong opposition that can objectively criticise the govt when necessary while offering a much more better alternative to the people for the sake of 2019.
Im not a fan of APC but truth be told, if PDP continue like this, their failure in 2019 will be the worst ever recorded in our history.

You are not sincere to yourself... As if you truly want an opposition for this government.

You want an opposition that can't issue a press statement on borrowing from China, on the nonchalance of government on herds men, on not forming cabinet on time, on lopsided appointments, on money for contract, on killing of protesters etc you want an opposition that won't unsettle the government... You want KOWA a party that's indifferent on issues as opposition.

Abegyy...

I've told people, you don't need to vote for an opposition party.. You need them to challenge the ruling party.. It's like an Olympic race with usan bolt of Jamaica, as the favorite. It will be nonsense if you don't have the likes of say... Tyson gay of USA or any of his team mates in that race... Their presence is what will make the race interesting and make it a contest. Remove them from the race and people will leave the stadium because even bolt will not have reasons to run 9.8 seconds for 100 meters.

That's just an analogy. We don't have to bring PDP back but it's criminal not to have them around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by isbish(m): 11:59am On Jun 23, 2016
I will continue to say it like am singing. Did you say Northerners Harass you? How can the people you call illiterates and backward Harass educated and civilised people of your region. If these illiterates as you call them Harass you, I guess we all know who is who now in the scheme of things in Nigeria.

wowmenow:

Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by biazarre(m): 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
PigMeat:

what are u saying Mr? Must u comment? This is democracy, not military regime. Someone ought to be kept in check before things escalates.
. escalates??..... so we should leave thieves alone to buy mansions abroad all because we don't want things to escalate.... dis is d only problem we ar having in dis country... always afraid of d unknown... always wants d old systems prevail without trying somtin new and better... they should kip eaten cows while we survive wit d bones they throw to us.... not all of us are fools.....
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by obailala(m): 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
The gutter outbursts of Fayose which can only appeal to the low frequency brains, is that what someone refers to as opposition?

Besides, is the man innocent of the so called allegations against him?.... How can someone with such a huge and glaring stain be so vocally careless?... Any way, it is said that those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make them mad.
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by aesthetic1134: 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
there are beta way to play opposition. playing opposition is not rendering insults o. people in the names of opposition. to me wat Ayodele is doing is not opposition is insults. no body is saying e should play opposition but it should do it decently. him n president nor be mate. I tot yuroba have respects. so Ayodele should prostrate that yuroba culture which is high level of respect. those that are saying that the Presidency wan to silent d opposition is a lie. wat d Presidency is doing is discipline those without respect. Ayodele should go n learn from Ben Bruce
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by attackgat: 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Pretty much anyone who has opposed Buhari is now on the firing range. Kanu, Fayose, FFK etc. So is life

1 Like

Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
duality;

You are not sincere to yourself... As if you truly want an opposition for this government.

You want an opposition that can't issue a press statement on borrowing from China, on the nonchalance of government on herds men, on not forming cabinet on time, on lopsided appointments, on money for contract, on killing of protesters etc you want an opposition that won't unsettle the government... You want KOWA a party that's indifferent on issues as opposition.

Abegyy...

I've told people, you don't need to vote for an opposition party.. You need them to challenge the ruling party.. It's like an Olympic race with usan bolt of Jamaica, as the favorite. It will be nonsense if you don't have the likes of say... Tyson gay of USA or any of his team mates in that race... Their presence is what will make the race interesting and make it a contest. Remove them from the race and people will leave the stadium because even bolt will not have reasons to run 9.8 seconds for 100 meters.

That's just an analogy. We don't have to bring PDP back but it's criminal not to have them around .

My brother, You're confusing yourself... The bolded contradict your earlier position. What other party can provide the much needed opposition apart from PDP? I hope you know that politics is a game of numbers.... And if they have to be sincere with themselves, their problem is internal... They caused it; so they have to solve it. Fayose is one of the few who insist it must be Sheriff and now he is claiming PDP problem is externally induced... see, you cannot shy away from admitting responsibility for your mistakes and expect things will work well. PDP must recognise where they missed it and make amends; Nigeria need them.
Btw., we don't need an opposition that'll "unsettle the government" as you claim... Instead we need them to keep APC govt on their toes. Irrespective of the divide we belong to, Nigeria is our country and the success of her should be paramount. Once again, I'm not a fan of APC let alone been a member but I pray and hope that they succeed.
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
biazarre:
. escalates??..... so we should leave thieves alone to buy mansions abroad all because we don't want things to escalate.... dis is d only problem we ar having in dis country... always afraid of d unknown... always wants d old systems prevail without trying somtin new and better... they should kip eaten cows while we survive wit d bones they throw to us.... not all of us are fools.....

What about is a saint and all those that came pdp to apc are also saints
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
obailala:
The gutter outbursts of Fayose which can only appeal to the low frequency brains, is that what someone refers to as opposition?

Besides, is the man innocent of the so called allegations against him?.... How can someone with such a huge and glaring stain be so vocally careless?... Any way, it is said that those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make them mad.

Tell me what you mean by opposition Buhari is harassing every body with corruption case
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by wowmenow: 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
aesthetic1134:
there are beta way to play opposition. playing opposition is not rendering insults o. people in the names of opposition. to me wat Ayodele is doing is not opposition is insults. no body is saying e should play opposition but it should do it decently. him n president nor be mate. I tot yuroba have respects. so Ayodele should prostrate that yuroba culture which is high level of respect. those that are saying that the Presidency wan to silent d opposition is a lie. wat d Presidency is doing is discipline those without respect. Ayodele should go n learn from Ben Bruce

When Lai Mohammed calling Jonathan clueless is that not insult

Be deceiving yourself
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by duality(m): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
Alexk2:

My brother, You're confusing yourself... The bolded contradict your earlier position. What other party can provide the much needed opposition apart from PDP? I hope you know that politics is a game of numbers.... And if they have to be sincere with themselves, their problem is internal... They caused it; so they have to solve it. Fayose is one of the few who insist it must be Sheriff and now he is claiming PDP problem is externally induced... see, you cannot shy away from admitting responsibility for your mistakes and expect things will work well. PDP must recognise where they missed it and make amends; Nigeria need them.
Btw., we don't need an opposition that'll "unsettle the government" as you claim... Instead we need them to keep APC govt on their toes. Irrespective of the divide we belong to, Nigeria is our country and the success of her should be paramount. Once again, I'm not a fan of APC let alone been a member but I pray and hope that they succeed.

Beginning from your last sentence, I say FORGET THAT SIDE...

We all have our political sentiments and hypocritical sentiments for that matter. Let's not deceive ourselves.. In osun state, a judge requested that the state account be investigated and we had different SAN; some of them presently in the presidency attack the judge... We all have our sentiments jare..

Secondly, it is simplistic for you to relate Amodu sheriff's issues as, PDP being in problem. That's a lie. In fact those who holds such notion are sympathetic to the ruling party. It's a ploy to over exaggerate the issue. It's called emotional attack. PDP have been functioning with or without Amodu Sheriff. They have participated in every elections since the general election. They just finished primaries in Edo state... Now you see, Sheriff is not the main issue. The point is the onslaught against the voice of the party.

PDP, came out of a major defeat. Just like every other organizations, people will naturally withdraw. Some of their members left the party, some retired from politics, some claimed to be on exile. at this point, the APC were gloating endlessly. It is incumbent on the people in power, the serving governors of Fayose and Mimiko to hold the forte. They will naturally be the rallying point. Others, are new governors. They both took the bull by the horn.. PDP must be grateful to these men as they stood by the new governors who had cases at the tribunals. In fact, APC were already sending men to those new governors. I believe you heard of Delta, Cross river, taraba and even the APGA candidates for Abia moving to APC so as to secure the offices. You think those stories were false? Please Bro, if PDP still have a voice today, it's because of those men holding on. You can't take it away from them. Even outside politics, you need people like that.
My point is, the chairmanship issue is not a problem, the main problem is if the voice of the party is silenced.. If this goes on, even if the new executives come on board, they'll be scared to speak and that will be disastrous. THERE, IS THE ISSUE. NOT SHERIFF.

On my claim of we needing an opposition that will unsettle the government, I meant an opposition who's voice can kill any form of complacency in the government. I mean an opposition who's press release on say.. Fulani herds men killing will make the government take it seriously and act within 24 hours. That's what I mean. You can't have such when the voice of the opposition is being silenced or when they are being demonized or when the citizens as if on a spell, pander to the ruling APC. NO! we must be careful at this point, I mean very careful.

Again, we don't have to vote in PDP at the center, but not having them strong, and around is criminal.
Re: Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
duality;

Beginning from your last sentence, I say FORGET THAT SIDE...

We all have our political sentiments and hypocritical sentiments for that matter. Let's not deceive ourselves.. In osun state, a judge requested that the state account be investigated and we had different SAN; some of them presently in the presidency attack the judge... We all have our sentiments jare..

Secondly, it is simplistic for you to relate Amodu sheriff's issues as, PDP being in problem. That's a lie. In fact those who holds such notion are sympathetic to the ruling party. It's a ploy to over exaggerate the issue. It's called emotional attack. PDP have been functioning with or without Amodu Sheriff. They have participated in every elections since the general election. They just finished primaries in Edo state... Now you see, Sheriff is not the main issue. The point is the onslaught against the voice of the party.

PDP, came out of a major defeat. Just like every other organizations, people will naturally withdraw. Some of their members left the party, some retired from politics, some claimed to be on exile. at this point, the APC were gloating endlessly. It is incumbent on the people in power, the serving governors of Fayose and Mimiko to hold the forte. They will naturally be the rallying point. Others, are new governors. They both took the bull by the horn.. PDP must be grateful to these men as they stood by the new governors who had cases at the tribunals. In fact, APC were already sending men to those new governors. I believe you heard of Delta, Cross river, taraba and even the APGA candidates for Abia moving to APC so as to secure the offices. You think those stories were false? Please Bro, if PDP still have a voice today, it's because of those men holding on. You can't take it away from them. Even outside politics, you need people like that.
My point is, the chairmanship issue is not a problem, the main problem is if the voice of the party is silenced.. If this goes on, even if the new executives come on board, they'll be scared to speak and that will be disastrous. THERE, IS THE ISSUE. NOT SHERIFF.

On my claim of we needing an opposition that will unsettle the government, I meant an opposition who's voice can kill any form of complacency in the government. I mean an opposition who's press release on say.. Fulani herds men killing will make the government take it seriously and act within 24 hours. That's what I mean. You can't have such when the voice of the opposition is being silenced or when they are being demonized or when the citizens as if on a spell, pander to the ruling APC. NO! we must be careful at this point, I mean very careful.

Again, we don't have to vote in PDP at the center, but not having them strong, and around is criminal.

It's clear we both agree on same issue of formidable opposition which you choose to call "voices"... That's okay with me but I don't get it when you see Fayose as one. A man who insulted his mum in the name of politics, dishonour the memory of ex dead presidents to proof a point, went to China to snap pix on a podium and lie that he gave a speech Bro, even without PDP, only a few will take him serious. No wonder some of his party members(Ribadu and Baruji) are cautioning him on his rants and allegations against PMB's wife.
Nigeria need opposition "voice" definitely but not the type of Fayose pls.

That aside, fayose should proof his innocence if he indeed didn't receive fraudulent money.... But I'm against compagn against the anti corruption war by those who benefited from looting our treasury.
Whoever is clean should have no reason to be afraid of Efcc or PMB...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Exactly Is Aisha Alkali Wakil? / Jonathan's Government Is Better Than Buhari's Administration- Apc Leader / Another Heros Lost: Lieutenant Haruna S. Mukhtar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.