Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5414002 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tsquaure(f): 11:48am On Feb 23, 2016
the doctor ascertains two different things in day 3 and day 21. right now he want to check your progestrone to ascertain ovulation . so i guess it is ok
Chyvia:
pls mamas i went on day 3 of my cycle to do hormonal balance test
but the doctor told me to come on my day 21 to do all the test. i dont
know if that is ok, because last year i did it on my day 3 cycle.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 23, 2016
@Precy22...u can check H-medix. I don't know how much it goes for but they will have it. Check any of their branches...Wuse II,maitama. I greet everyone o,may God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by anikeayun(f): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
Precy22:

Abeg make una ANSA me now abi the question dey under relevant ni?
Babe pls go to H-medix or health plus im sure u ll get it dere.
I bought frm health plus at shoprite last year buh i tink theirs is a little bit pricey compared to wot i saw on saturday at H-medix.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
Thanks so much @ tsquaure, will probably go to clinic on thursday or friday so dat i can start treatment for d infection immediately and thank God i ve a e-book about home remedy for candidiasis..

I went to another lab yesterday to confirm abt hsg and hormonal assay.. . I was told to come for hormonal assay on cd3 and cd21 and hsg on Cd10 and its 10k each compare to d other lab i went to... Thinking of going for scan on friday.. May God see Us all 2ru
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by anikeayun(f): 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
miraclefromGod:
Pls o mama in the house I don't know what to do right now, I went to general hospital ifako ijaye today and I got to find out that my be is high 130/90. How old am I to be going through all dese? Am just tired of everything right now. Few days past I noticed that I used to feel pain anytime I pee and my pee is also dirty having some white particles in it.pls any idea on what to use to bring down my bp? Am getting tired of everything. Satan is a big liar, we wil surely defeat him. Pls mamas don't just read and pass, will be glad if u can suggest an idea to me
My dear ve bin in ur shoe bfore,did u say urs was 130/90?mine was den almost 150 dat my doc had to kall my attention to d dangers of my over worrying nd tinking too much.i tink nd cried alot dat i even loose weight all because of dis ttc palaver.
My sis abeg take a chill pill ooo,my doc didnt gve me drugs den buh asked me to cut my salt intakes like other mamas said.
Plss eat enof fruit it helps alot nd drink plenriful water.
I made juice out of beetroot,carrot nd apple for like 3wks nd my bp come down gidigan shocked
Sooo dnt stress up ur self sis nd be happy kiss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
delor:
Pls ppl what can I use to increase cervical mucus, its extremely dry down there and I don't usually enjoy bd. In fact I do run from it. Help!!!

@delor, in addition to what other mamas have suggested you can try this and you will come back to testify, infact you may need to wear a pad due to ur juice. grin lipsrsealed . For me preseed gave me nasty infection so i dumped it.

ingredients

Lime
Lipton tea bag (no substitute)
Egg

Preparation
Brew your lipton tea bag in hot water and leave to cool till warm enough to drink
Break ur egg in another mug/cup and add a little lime juice
Pour the egg mixture into ur tea mix together and drink up to 3 hrs b4 kpekusing.

Warming!!!
please use pasteurized eggs only to avoid salmonella infection, make enough liquid u can consume at once half a mug should be enough.
if you can't get pasteurized egg, put your egg in boiling water for a while not enough to make it cook or solid before use

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by drlayla(m): 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
pls be careful what advice u take on Nairaland cervical mucus is usually optimum during ur ovulation or 36hours prior to ur ovulation as far as ure having a regular menstrual cycle ure OK however sexual stimulation pre-intimacy will definitely make u wet pls dont risk any of this advice here ur bartholins are enof to help u lubricate and if I can't get well lubricated u can get ky jelly from a reputable pharmacy. Even some vagina discharge are due to infections such as candida and its cohorts. Any further challenge see ur Gynaecologist.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by drlayla(m): 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
130/90mmhg is actually normal will encourage u to see doctor who will recommend u to do Urinalysis and even HVS microscopy and culture and sensitivity most times such cases of painful urination Re actuly urinary tract infection. Besafe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by delor: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question on cervical mucus. Dh go hear am wink
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
@drlayla, i cannot agree with you more, one needs to be very careful of advise one takes from an open forum such as this. KY jelly is not advisable for ttc women, it is not sperm friendly. I would say YesBaby, Preseed, conceive plus and astroglide but my experience with preseed discouraged me plus some of these are not readily available locally

Attimes some medication such as clom.id can make your extremely dry regardless of what phase of your cycle u r in and in Atc healthy CM plays a vital role. I for one is usually weary of what insert in my lady-bits, i mean anything can cause a reaction or block ur pores causing inflammation and u end up with a bartholin cyst.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by drlayla(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Want to get pregnant? first thing first Reduce ur weight! treat any underlying infections Dont take any foul smelling vagina discharge likely ensure u see a doctor when u notice lower abdominal pains could actually be PID ovarian cyst appendicitis or even Red degeneration of fibroid. Rule out post abortion complications most times scan won't tell u if ure experiencing Ashermans syndrome. Ur nipples most not have discharge( if it does see a doctor who will place u on drugs ) check for abnormal hair growth and abnormal craving for food. And lastly infertility is actually confirmed when couples have penetrating vagina intercouse for six to 1year without conception lastly ur husband should do seminal fluid analysis. Some women actually cause problem for them selves they douche the vagina with soaps and other chemicals which actually Re sperm killers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by drlayla(m): 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ayaayo I agree with u ky jelly can actually inhibit sperm mortility by 60 percent but I can tell u a woman who has no cervical mucus is not ovulating. Hence if actually she is experiencing ovulation there will be increase urge to have sex and there will obviously be enof cervical discharge which will actually facilitate penetration as far as she is not ovulating no mucus and pregnancy can't occur.TTC best actualized when ladies experience ovulation as for clomophine citrate the side effect u pointed out is not recorded in any medical literature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Precy22(f): 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
My dear sisters thanks so much for your response @Ayauche, @rainyday & @anikeayun. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
drlayla:
pls be careful what advice u take on Nairaland cervical mucus is usually optimum during ur ovulation or 36hours prior to ur ovulation as far as ure having a regular menstrual cycle ure OK however sexual stimulation pre-intimacy will definitely make u wet pls dont risk any of this advice here ur bartholins are enof to help u lubricate and if I can't get well lubricated u can get ky jelly from a reputable pharmacy. Even some vagina discharge are due to infections such as candida and its cohorts. Any further challenge see ur Gynaecologist.

@drlayla, we are serious minded people and don't post stupid suggestions or pranks, Infact we are a collection of experienced mamas though we don't have license, so we advise base on experience and trials, I guess you have never tried your suggestions cos you might not be experiencing infertility..... Infact the ky gel you suggested means your other suggestions might be "hear say"

So to whom it may concern, take 3capsules of evening primrose oil from CD 1-12 to increase cm, or squeeze grape fruit juice and drink morning and night and stop before O, if doctor placed you on Clomid ensure you take it with fertilecm or black cohosh to counter side effects of dryness or buy preseed which is sold for 4k at the pharmacy incase you are close to O and can't take EPO or grapefruit juice then use egg white....you might as well read the success stories of egg white on line......I have tried all these and it works to increase cm.......the one am taking now is omega 3-6-9 which contains flax seed oil, fish oil and borage oil...omega 6 is also gotten from evening primrose.

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Thanks to everyone who took there time to respond to my question God will answer all our secret prayer and wipe away our tears. Amen!

I told dh it's time for morning walk and if we are going to anyway that's not too far we take car we take a walk instead, I will try as much as possible not to stress myself. We all are a winner
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
drlayla:

Thanks for your input Sir. Pre intimacy wetness due to sexual arousal is different from Fertile cervical mucus which a woman gets in her Fertile window. The pre intimacy arousal wetness only lubricates the vee Jay so that sex is not painful while the Fertile Cervical Mucus feeds the sperm, keeps it alive for up to 5days (X Sperm), 3days (Y Sperm) gives it the ladder to swim up the cervix to meet and fertilize the Egg, there lies the difference.

Some women even when they ovulate, have little to no Fertile cervical mucus and these are the women who need help in this department. This includes me. I have PCOS and hormonal imbalance and that's why. Help can come from natural things or Orthodox vitamins which have been stated here severally and advised by some Drs whose patients have this issue. My Dr told me Evening Primrose Oil works but he doesn't like his patients using it because you have to stop immediately after ovulation to avoid disturbing implantation or risking early miscarriage. He advised that I buy Omega 3 & 6 which can be safely taken throughout the cycle. Mumihaja posted a pic of her combined Omega's and testified that it works for cervical mucus.

All advises women give on this thread are based on their experiences and/or researches or knowledge gained during ttc, these are only suggestions. Women are always told to check with their Drs and even do their research. Like my Dr will always tell me, we're in a world of free knowledge, always research, join good discussion forums, take notes of everything going on in your body, make notes and bring to your appointments and we can discuss and debate on your learnings. That way you can learn things I might not remember to teach you because its not something affecting you, and I can guide you on other things you might learn based on principles. He always says I can always lay down the medical principles for you on each matter and then we can judge what you've learned based on this principles. He always takes his time to teach me using coloured medical texts and pictures where necessary. He also uses examples teaching me sometimes like am a primary school pupil just to make sure that I understood the topic.

As for KY Jelly, it is a lubricant for couples needing extra wetness for fun, KY jelly is not Fertility friendly as it kills off sperm. Popular Fertility friendly lubricants are Preseed and Conceive Plus. You can do your research too. Thanks for joining us. It gives me joy to see men contributing on this forum. TTC and/or Fertility knowledge is for both couples,males and females and not just women. I look forward to your continued participation Sir.

12 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by foe123(f): 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
AF just started this morning cry , am starting clomid 2morrow by the grace of God it will work. Plz can anyone tell me their experience. With Clomid?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
anikeayun:

My dear ve bin in ur shoe bfore,did u say urs was 130/90?mine was den almost 150 dat my doc had to kall my attention to d dangers of my over worrying nd tinking too much.i tink nd cried alot dat i even loose weight all because of dis ttc palaver.
My sis abeg take a chill pill ooo,my doc didnt gve me drugs den buh asked me to cut my salt intakes like other mamas said.
Plss eat enof fruit it helps alot nd drink plenriful water.
I made juice out of beetroot,carrot nd apple for like 3wks nd my bp come down gidigan shocked
Sooo dnt stress up ur self sis nd be happy kiss

Thanks so much ma'm; please I don't really know that beetroot o but will try to find out. And how many carrot, apple and beetroot will I use? I guess I will just wash and blend all together. And how many times in a day do u took it then? I like to go with this. Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
drlayla:
Ayaayo I agree with u ky jelly can actually inhibit sperm mortility by 60 percent but I can tell u a woman who has no cervical mucus is not ovulating. Hence if actually she is experiencing ovulation there will be increase urge to have sex and there will obviously be enof cervical discharge which will actually facilitate penetration as far as she is not ovulating no mucus and pregnancy can't occur.TTC best actualized when ladies experience ovulation as for clomophine citrate the side effect u pointed out is not recorded in any medical literature.

It's falacy to say that women who do not have CM are not ovulating. Some women have hormonal imbalance but still ovulate and this is what makes the CM to be little or not so visible on the outside but very present on the cervix if you can check with a speculum. How do you explain women who have this dryness but use Preseed or Conceive Plus during their Fertile window and get pregnant? KY Jelly is not a Fertility lubricant period.

Some women who have pcos (which comes from hormonal imbalance) also have poor Ovulation which is also a factor in this. I have pcos, I do ovulate only that it is poor and the eggs are not "crunchy" (for lack of a better word) enough. Most of these home remedies and drugs works on balancing hormones and once the hormones are balanced, outward visible CM is noticed by the woman. I too have tried most of the remedies which have worked for me. Am yet to get on the Omega's but once I do, I'll definitely share my experience.

Mumihaja is right on the Preseed. But evening primrose oil is not necessary taken from CD 1-12. It should be from CD 1 to Ovulation. Some women ovulate earlier than CD 12 like some on CD 10. So if you're taking EPO, be sure to know your Ovulation day. Mamas also note that OPKs will only tell you that you're about to ovulate and you might end up not ovulating. So always double check by Ovulation signs, temping, charting, scan tracking (for the ambitious grin

Not all side effects of all drugs are recorded in medical literatures that is why in literatures accompanying drugs, you'll mostly see "Known Side Effects" or "Reported Side Effects" meaning there could be some side effects unknown or not widely reported.

Thanks for your input but I beg you in God's name, stop derailing our thread and conversation with contrary and unverifiable views. I don't mind contrary views, in fact I welcome them to learn, all I ask is that it's verifiable to be true.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by delor: 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
@ mumihaja & fvine. Thanks. I already bot d omega 3 6 9. I am not on clomid. Anyway,I hv followed ds thread for long enough to know those dat are ttc and those dat are not. And i hv been ttc long enough to know dat experience has tot us a lot. Una doh. Like i said Dh must hear am

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
foe123:
AF just started this morning cry , am starting clomid 2morrow by the grace of God it will work. Plz can anyone tell me their experience. With Clomid?

I pray you get your bfp with this clomid cycle. All I'll advice is that Clomid dries of cervical mucus in some women, so I'll suggest you make plans for this in case. It will be good to also take the Clomid at night, same time each day to minimize side effects. Best for cervical mucus would be to buy and use Preseed or Omega Vit combo. The reason for my suggestion is because I don't know if clomid interacts well or negatively with home remedies. Another good one which I've tried in the past is inserting room temperature raw chicken egg white like 30mins or few minutes to BD just the way you use preseed. but the Egg has to be pasteurized to avoid salmonella infection. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by drlayla(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
and I can bet u those with polycystic ovarian syndrome will not ovulate and will not have cervical mucus all things been equal if a lady do not have adequate cervical mucus during ovulation ( which is even one way of determining ovulation) she will never I say never ovulate the cervical mucus largely depends on hormones especially follicle stimulating hormones leutinizing hormones and progesterone. No cervical mucus see a doctor and treat the underlying disorder.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by foe123(f): 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
drlayla:
and I can bet u those with polycystic ovarian syndrome will not ovulate and will not have cervical mucus all things been equal if a lady do not have adequate cervical mucus during ovulation ( which is even one way of determining ovulation) she will never I say never ovulate the cervical mucus largely depends on hormones especially follicle stimulating hormones leutinizing hormones and progesterone. No cervical mucus see a doctor and treat the underlying disorder.

And I have pcos oooooo so I shouldn't bother?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ayaayo:

@delor, in addition to what other mamas have suggested you can try this and you will come back to testify, infact you may need to wear a pad due to ur juice. grin lipsrsealed . For me preseed gave me nasty infection so i dumped it.

ingredients

Lime
Lipton tea bag (no substitute)
Egg

Preparation
Brew your lipton tea bag in hot water and leave to cool till warm enough to drink
Break ur egg in another mug/cup and add a little lime juice
Pour the egg mixture into ur tea mix together and drink up to 3 hrs b4 kpekusing.

Warming!!!
please use pasteurized eggs only to avoid salmonella infection, make enough liquid u can consume at once half a mug should be enough.
if you can't get pasteurized egg, put your egg in boiling water for a while not enough to make it cook or solid before use

I might just try out this your home remedy when am fully recovered, just to test it out grin yes I love experiments especially one with underlying principles that I believe holds true. I actually see how this might work as Lime and Egg combo detoxifies the liver and the liver is the purifier that controls hormones and balances it out. Once your hormones are balanced, you'll definitely have increased CM. I've done a lime/Egg liver detox before. I think it was just Egg yolks in the recipe and it worked. Thanks Dear for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by drlayla(m): 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
All I said are facts only those who aren't in the field of medicine will argue well recorded in all gynaecological text like 10teacherz agboola and okpere these are books which all medical student used so pls if ure not a medical doctor u are not in any position to call facts which u have no knowledge as falacy. If ovulation cycle goes with cervical mucus if ure dry all through it means ure not fertile .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by drlayla(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
ofcoz u should be bothered PCOS goes with infertility ur doctor will definately managed u with the standard regimen and am sure he must have adviced u on ur insulin level ur BMI majority of PCOS will not ovulate until they treat them with clomophine citrate or bromocriptine depends on the centre ure visiting. PCOS is not as bad as those having complications from PID( salpingitis) or those with ashernan syndrome
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Towerofgrace: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
Oga drlaya abi what is your name, go and siddon somewhere jare, u just carry terrible odour come disrupt the aura of the peaceful room. Park go one side biko, grammar too much and all is from internet. sha use shame carry ur imbecility comot for here sharp sharp !!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
@Fvine, you stop epo a day or 2 days to ovulation and not after ovulation, the reason is because it makes the uterus contract and that action is better before O as it can help with conception but if it happens after O it might cause a miscarriage, it's a very good ttc drug

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
drlayla:
All I said are facts only those who aren't in the field of medicine will argue well recorded in all gynaecological text like 10teacherz agboola and okpere these are books which all medical student used so pls if ure not a medical doctor u are not in any position to call facts which u have no knowledge as falacy. If ovulation cycle goes with cervical mucus if ure dry all through it means ure not fertile .

Thank you Mr Medical student. But let me tell you that some of the sabi Mamas here even know some things that medical students are yet to know. PCOS does not necessarily mean that you don't ovulate, it's only that you can ovulate poorly or have more anovulatory cycles than ovulatory ones. As for being dry all through, you can't clearly state and/or conclude that a woman is dry all through and infertile if you're just looking at what the woman gets on her undies or on tissue paper when she wipes. The best check is what's on the cervix. some women produce cervical mucus but not enough to ooze out unto their panties or tissue paper and that doesn't make them infertile. But it also shows that this women need help in treating an underlying condition which can be slight hormonal imbalance. This can be easily treated by home remedies or some drugs like EPO or the Omegas. Let me also let you know that there are better drugs for pcos patients and Ovulation induction than Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) and Bromocriptone that you mentioned. The world is advancing and more drugs that women react better to are coming up. Mister man please stop derailing our conversations. Just make valid contributions and not argumentative unverified ones that can cause quarrels on the thread. Abi you wan turn troll for this thread? grin

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
drlayla:

Unfortunately soon you would ask people to send you pm for private consultation because you have 'dr' in your moniker.
Like other mothers have said, most of us speak from experience. A lot of women here have conceived without visible cervical mucus and with aid of fertility lubricants.
Please do not be a prophet of doom.

9 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beegurl(f): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
Drlayla kindly move to the next thread. We appreciate

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.