Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5431706 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chi16(f): 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by santagelo25(m): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
@zenoj,i will need the phone number too.... I am now addicted to this forum.Your encouraging comments calms my spirit.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
UdoPauly,
My dear it's normal to feel low sometimes..the problem is how long you let yourself stay low.It is well even inside that well.If you can,try to fill your thoughts with just one thing to be grateful for..I know it's difficult mana Chukwu ga agba gi ume..

Loliporpinnn,
The headaches could be caused by the bromo.Try to ask for caber goline or quina golide..they all work to lower prolactin.I personally don't like taking too many things with prescribed medication cos some herbs could actually lower the efficacy..so it's always best to double check and avoid wahala..

MamaTriplets,
I recommend gold walking stick for your DH cos errr this one u knack am front side up down shocked,i ope say the man fit open mouth save himsef..

Rocky,Ebony, How far naaa..Ope ur Dh dey hear am by now..

As per the fb thing well,dont have a fb page...but i could get on fb shaa whenever the group starts though im scared of blowin my cover but warrahell??

@ All,sprinkling baby dust n knackson.Having small small cramps,comesband goes.I wonder if it's normal..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
@Udoka2, am glad it ur period n not fertilaid. I undrstand how u feel my dear, but nne it is well...dis a fight we must win. God cannot fail, he never has.

@seanbell, its totally normal especially in early pregnancy. How many weeks are u now? I was 14 weeks ystrday n I even had a tiny bit of cramping 2day. But wen I go so long witout feelin anythng I wonder if evrythng I ok. So I welcme d cramping n uneasiness as long as its mild, it tells u smethng I happening inside u as it shuld. I had to ask my Dr at my last appt why am not adding weight. Trust me, u want to fell smethng no matter how small. Go n get n scan, dat wuld gve u d peace of mind u need.

@Chi16, fertilaid 4 men is gud n d same company dat make fetilaid makes, a drug cald count boost, specially for dat as well. If you can get both dat shuld help ur DH greatly.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by onyekaogu(f): 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
@chi16 n @ omoni... Thank u so much its been wonderful going tru all d encouragements.forming a serious prayer group wld be a gd one.rrmember,God is watching us from a distance. I can feel his spirit turning situations around.it is written,affliction shall not rise the second time!.d blessings of God in our lives must be permanent.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
@seanbell..I dey o! Just contemplating what style is the best (and least painful) to bd, with all these twinges and cramps in ma ovaries! Omo if I try it for the sake of that ur capacitgini, dh has to apply brakes frequently o! If not??then any shout wey una hear dis night,make una know say na me! undecided undecided
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 23, 2012
@ Hebrewwoman
Thanks a lot.Im probably entering the 5th week..Will see the doc wednesday and know how far..

RocksQueen,
Pele ooo.Its the clomid.Heard it causes some people very painful ovulation..Please try paracetamol jejely...akpuobi no dey for dis one ooo.Ndo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 6:25am On Oct 23, 2012
In my study this morning, part of Jesus ministry was to preach the acceptable year of the Lord...Luke 4:19.
A further study of Isaiah 49:8, God said in an acceptable time has He heard us.
What is this acceptable time, it is the time God had purposed and ordained to hear us...the set time.

And what did God say He would do at that time? He listed alot of things and said in Isaiah 49:22-23 our helpers shall be kings and queens who will nurse our children. God said He will contend with those that contend with us and save our children vr 25. Our children will be lifted up on their shoulders and carried...this acceptable time is a time that even other things we desire shall fall into our laps with ease....we will not stress or be stressed, because they shall not be ashamed that wait for Him.

Psalm 69:13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.

May God's perfect will be manifested in our lives in Jesus name.
Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chi16(f): 6:57am On Oct 23, 2012
@hebrew woman...tnx dear. i wi buy fertilaid and count boost later cos d doc advice us to treat infection first. hop u ar doing great.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2012
Good morning mamas,

Seanbaby, its well ooo. I watched one 9ja movie ysterday that thought me a big lesson. Abi l don suffer like job? told myself l hv no choice than to be happy jare! Hope you and our testimony are doing great!

Rocksqueen; hehehhehe, easy ooo, make una no break bed lol

Hebrewwoman
Thanks sis, it was the period, am perfectly ok with it. l take it 3times a day, one at noon, another by evening and the last one at night.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2012
Hello fruitfull mothers I have not been able to read all the pages but I have been enjoying all your encouragements

Hello Preggis mumm hmmmmm God will strengthen u and carry u thru this journey. we are joinning you soon IJN,

@mama3 all your eggs are fertile IJN

@Seanbell that is such a lovely pices u have written it made me cry i ran to the toilet cos i read in the office. you baby is loved already thank God for u

@ all do u mothers know how close I am to this thread, I find myself telling myself in the office hey (let me check on my sisters) our prayers are answered IJN. love u all, am still riding on

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2012
RocksQueen: @seanbell..I dey o! Just contemplating what style is the best (and least painful) to bd, with all these twinges and cramps in ma ovaries! Omo if I try it for the sake of that ur capacitgini, dh has to apply brakes frequently o! If not??then any shout wey una hear dis night,make una know say na me! undecided undecided
grin
RocksQueen: @seanbell..I dey o! Just contemplating what style is the best (and least painful) to bd, with all these twinges and cramps in ma ovaries! Omo if I try it for the sake of that ur capacitgini, dh has to apply brakes frequently o! If not??then any shout wey una hear dis night,make una know say na me! undecided undecided

grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 10:59am On Oct 23, 2012
Hello mothers of the glorious generation, I have been MIA, I have been down with morning sickness, and this my own pass morning sickness, been vomiting and spitting seriously and this had really made me weak. Was admitted in the hospital last week. But I thank God for it all.
@Seanbell I was really excited to read from you, and you came back in a big way. Thank God for his faithfulness in your life, wishing you a stressfree 40wk. Arly mama nice to read from you too.
@Udoka2 It is well, God is too faithful to fail. @Rocksqueen am believing God for you and every other woman in the waiting room of God for a miracle before the end of this year.
@Zenoj congrats, God will surely perfect his work in your life IJN.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sisters

I don buy my pre-seed, today knackson no go small, if u here shout behind RocksQueen no say na me oooo

mothers am so excited to have u all.

God pls help me dis O dey pain too much
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
@greenfruits. Yes o! The sisterhood here is akin to bloodsisters.

@seanbell!Thanks hon, meanwhile don't let anything make you fret!! The fear is of the devil and he shall have no victory over you or anyone else here.

@MSTIA..pele o! That na wetin we been dey pray for so we thank God for answered prayers...I pray you feel better soon.

@udopaulina. Am happy you are responding fine to the fertilaid..heard SO MANY good reports bout it and hopefully ur testimony will come from it IJN!

Amen to all the prayers and well wishes.
Also wanna welcome all the newbies on board. May ur time here be very short IJN...Amen!

@all. This year is our year of testimonies. As the year is drawing to a close, so is our wait!Everyday, everyweek and everymonth for the rest of this year, there shall be declarations of the goodness of God in our lives.
How awesome it would be if many of us get our bfps this month!

FX for His mercy to be bestowed upon us this season IJN...Amen!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by heknowsmyname: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hi all, trust every one is fine..... I have fluid coming out of my breasts when pressed. My sis thinks this is the cause of my not getting pregnant. Been ttc since February. Pls advise. Tx
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
Ha sisters make una take am easy with these knacksons o, make una no break these men dial waist o lol!
Heknowsmyname that could be a hormonal imbalance and that can affect fertility go check it out with a gynea
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adedoyinsola: 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hi sisters! pls how do i treat my infection because mine keeps going and coming back,,, and ve tried herbs and drugs as well. My symptoms re I somtimes feel itchy and some my discharge has a foul smell and yellowish in colour.does anybody knw a lasting solution.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
Thanks a lot greenfruits..sorry for the painful O,abeg flog your Dh wella..he shall testify grin

Pele oo MSTIA and thanks.I no wan experience morning sickness God please oo.

Udonwa,your testimony is coming..

RocksQueen,Hope you are feeling better.Thanks a lot oo no fretting or shaking.

heknowsmyname,What you are experiencing is probably hyperprolactinemia..We have probably spoken about it a lot here..Prolactin is a hormone that causes production of bre ast milk.If you remember,br east feeding is a form of contraceptive cos the let down of milk automatically inhibits ovulation.It can be caused by excess stimu lation of the boo bs,rough clothing or a non malignant tumor which is called a prolactinoma. prolactinomas are not dangerous,however,depending on the size it could inhibit vision and also cause headaches but this isn't so frequent.

So when you have an excess of prolactin,you have irregular periods,sometimes no ovulation.It also shortens your luteal phase..luteal phase is the length of time between your O and the next period.If it is less than 12- 14 days,you have a luteal phase defect ,some doctors say 11- 14 days..Now when you have a short luteal phase,it means that there is low progesterone production and there isn't enough time for the emb ryo to implant so even if the egg is fertilized,implantation na wahala.

So you have to go to your doctor and request that the prolactin level be checked..Now there are 3 medications that can be used..Bromo criptine- This one is saddled with so many side effects that over here,they don't prescribe it again. 2. Caber goline - Very effective but more expensive,taken once a week 3. Quina golide - I was placed on this one..It's taken once a day.

What the doctor does is that he/she monitors your levels till an effective dosage is reached..Normally, with constant use prolactin goes down and ovulation is achieved.If difficulty in ovulation still occurs,it is given with clomid.Clomid also increases levels of progesterone and causes drying up of cervical mucus.If placed on clomid,you have to use sp erm friendly lubricant.

Some people take vitex- it's herbal,i don't do herbal but it has worked for some.Some also take 50 - 100 mg of vitamin b6 along with the medication.It is advised not to take bro mocriptine and vitex together.The key is that you have to be persistent and take your medication,then pray and hope for the best.It is quite difficult though to constantly down medicine but werrin man go do?

Alwaystrue,amen!!

Adedoyinsola, what you are describing sounds like bacterial vagi nosis..Some people have recurrent ones and are always placed on antibiotics..Metroni dazole mostly..Have you completed an antibiotic regimen? You musn't douche,or use soap to wash,just use a rag to clean..Wear mostly cotton panties..
Flaakey is taking some yogurt for it but this takes a bit of time,patience and persistence to clear. Also get your DH to be treated with the same antibiotics as you..Pele ooo..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by heknowsmyname: 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
@ pinky22 and Seanbell. Thanks. I have booked an appointment with a gynae tomorrow by Gods grace. I have been on fertilaid for abt 3months now too.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by loliporp(f): 9:14am On Oct 24, 2012
@seanbell u r 2much,feel more educated nw aspa dis prolactine wahala, but i also hv polycycstic ovaries, do U̶̲̥̅̊ think М̣̣̇Ɣ chances r gud even after bringing down prolactin level
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2012
Good morning all,
I wish everyone a blessed and fruitful day.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2012
@lolliporp. If you have PCO den you may be placed on medication for it,along with that of the prolactin

I have PCO and was placed on Metformin. I am also on Bromocriptin and took clomid this cycle.

As per the side effects, it depends on your tolerance level. For me, after the first few days, I no longer felt anything.

@mamatriplets. I have had the scan and no mature follicles yet (15mm only). I'll have a repeatscan in a few days.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2012
loliporp,
It's not what i think that matters,it's what the Word of God is saying about this situation and what you believe that matter..(trust me on this cos my breakthrough came when my thinking started changing.)
By his stripes you are healed!! I still get depressed ooo,still working on my thoughts but at least now i know there's a better way to think..Proclaim your healing.Speak what you want into being.
Many with PCOS have gone on to have plenty plenty children..As Rocksqueen has said the doctor will place you on metformin along with the bro mocriptine and even clomid sef..Just be steadfast,take your medication and keep talking to God.The prolactin will go down,you will ovulate and the eggs will be fertilized.
You are a fruitful mother.

Good morning to you too Wonyi,have a blessed day

Baby dust and knackson to all..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakeey(f): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2012
GM fruitful ladies, hope we are all fine.

@Adedoyinsola,
I'm currently dealing with the same issue but my BV is not itchy, just some white discharge with faint foul odour. Hubby and I have used different kinds of antibiotics (Metronidazole 400mg 2X7days, Augmentin, ciprofloxacin, Diflucan, vaggy gels and injections) the smell would go and come back latest 3weeks.
i started researching and chatting with a Doctor friend in US and was made to understand that BV is not infection persay but could cause complications (PID, infertility, miscarriage and preterm labour) if left untreated.
It's an imbalance of the Vaggy ph level, some of the causes are excessive use of antibiotics and douching, diets (like sugar intake, red meat etc.).
antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria in our body and the bad bacteria grows and thrives faster.
douching alters the PH of the vaggy flora.

what i did and currently doing to bring my body back to shape:
i stopped taking antibiotics no matter how bad the discharges smell
i started taking folic acid 400mcg 3 x a day (now reduced to once daily), Vitamin E, C.
Grapefruit juice, lemon water and loads of cucumber to alkaline my body as too much acid in the body causes BV.
Fermented yoghurt (unsweetened, unflavoured just plain)as this contains live bacteria. you can get this at Shoprite.
a high billions of Probiotics live culture is a good bacteria, i got this at Nett Pharmacy Opebi.
my doctor just informed me last week to add vitamin D3 to my supplement as a deficiency in VitaminD can cause recurrent BV and also infertility. i got a good one at Alpha Pharmacy, Toyin Street. you can also get Vitamin D from morning sunshine.

with all these regimens, i have seen great changes in the past one week.
Approaching my Ovulation (CD 12) and I'm getting loads of CM.

hope these help.

have a great day mummies *kisses*

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2012
@loliporp dear, PCOS shuldnt wry you as its very easily managed. I was daignosed wit PCOS in May of last year n I've gotten pregnant 3 times since then. But u need to b monitored by a DR tho. Metformin is probably d drug u'l b put on but u need to find d dosage dat works for u specifically. God wil see u thru dear.

@rocksqueen, dnt wry wen u go 4 ur next scan sme mature follicles sef await u. Is dis ur first cycle on Clomid?

@seanbell am lookin 4ward to reading abt ur U/S. Better dnt go an start cryin web see d baby on d screen....it can get u so emotional as if ur dreaming.

@Mstia, sry but its only temporary. It shuld subside soon n u'l b urself again. How many weeks are you now?

@all, I hope evryone is havin a gud week so far.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hello Fruitful Moms, how have we all been? @Rocksqueen, wen do U Usually Ovulate/how many days is ur cycle (that is if its regular). I had my Ovulation pains yday very early in d morning around 1am till in the evening. The winey winey (knackson) no be here oooo! Ovulation Pain was felt first in the right ovary then later in d day, in the left. I know by faith that my Twins abi na Triplets are READY!!! I had a funny dream that blood was coming out of my vagina, wen I woke up I just started praising God that the blood I saw is the blood from childbirth. Whoeva is trying to attack my Joy has failed woefully, God Dey!!! I have decided to do Prayer all-night tru out dis cycle. I will not allow d devil to take advantage of my prayerlessness. No chance for manipulation!!! @Omonikiba, when I told DH abt d abstinence, d guy no just mind at all, so we are doing dat dis cycle. If he feels like to knack, I go help am out orally (lol).@Seanbella, so U dey wish all a Happy Knackson? E be like so U go be Master for that side ooooo, Nne biko Ne meya ntakiri ntakiri maka idikwa ime oooooo!!!! @All, No Baga can stand in the way of our Blessings, wat God has said abt U Must surely come to PASS!!! One-Love!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by blessedmom: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
Lmao @mamaT u will not kill me with lafta here o.me sef just dey knackson anyhow dis cycle.I nor wan knw whether O or not.just dey knack dey go because with God all things r possible.

Just like seanbell said I wish all u fruitful moms happy knackson

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakeey(f): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
yea, MamaTriplets, enough knackson and thank God we gat long break.
yippieee
my knackson proper starts tomorow throughout the weekend.
and i'm going to cover all the knacksons with the blood of Jesus..

happy knackson ooooo (ROTLMAO)
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adedoyinsola: 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
@flakky tnks so much sis really appreciate ur advice,I ll get d yorgut ASAP, ve also used all does anti biotics u wrote too...it just keeps coming back! But am presently using one multi vitamin called (one a day woman)with vitamin E which ve all dis vitamins u wrote so I don't knw if its dsame thing.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hebrewoman,
hahahahahaha,who will cry?me?? grin grin grin...Till 10 weeks knack,we go know.

MAMA3
Abeg knackson na enye obara. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.We dey take am easy but still the same time table.salute your Dh abegg..

Seems like this weekend should be tagged knackson week..all DH alert otherwise 2 things fit happen

Abeg knack dey go oooo....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
@hebrewwoman. No I took it last cycle but got the dosage all wrong and had only one follicle that disappeared before the next scan. So this is the first proper cycle. This time I saw several large follicles so my fingers are crossed that the next scan will be better.

@mamatriplets. My af is quite regular at 29days but last cycle was 28 days. I have been feeling twinges in my ovaries but nothing serious! Lmao at ur post smiley
I expect that the follicles will grow larger by the next scan,all things being equal.

@seanbell. I noticed that these days I have to work up an appetite for bding....atleast till the action starts, then of course pleasure takes over. Is this normal? As in, e just be like say anytime I think of dtd, my mind go first fly then return when show start! Abeg wetin dey cause that kin tin? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.